CREAM OF FRESH TOMATO SOUP
Savor Ina Garten's pureed Cream of Fresh Tomato Soup recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network using fresh vine-ripe tomatoes, rich cream and fresh basil.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 5 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-low heat. Add the onions and carrots and saute for about 10 minutes, until very tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste, basil, chicken stock, salt, and pepper and stir well. Bring the soup to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, until the tomatoes are very tender.
- Add the cream to the soup and process it through a food mill into a bowl, discarding only the dry pulp that's left. Reheat the soup over low heat just until hot and serve with julienned basil leaves and/or croutons.
PASTA WITH TOMATO CREAM SAUCE
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and saute for a minute or so. Pour in the tomato sauce, add sugar, salt and pepper to taste and stir. Cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the cream. Add cheese to taste, then check the seasoning. Stir in the pasta and thin with a little pasta water if needed. Add the chopped basil and serve immediately.
TOMATO-CREAM SAUCE FOR PASTA
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Make sure it doesn't burn. Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and continue to boil 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in whipping cream and butter. Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 182 calories, Carbohydrate 6.7 g, Cholesterol 38.7 mg, Fat 16.6 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 270.3 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
CREAM OF TOMATO SOUP
- In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, saute onions in butter until translucent. Remove from the heat. Stir in the flour so that no lumps remain, then slowly whisk in the tomato juice. Return to the heat and add salt to taste. Cook until just boiling but turn off the heat before it boils. Let cool 10 minutes then slowly stir in milk. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118.8 calories, Carbohydrate 14.3 g, Cholesterol 16.7 mg, Fat 5.6 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 494.4 mg, Sugar 10.3 g
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP
- Melt butter in a medium stockpot over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic (if using), stirring constantly, until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, their juices, and stock. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer tomato mixture to a blender, food processor, or food mill. Puree tomato mixture (if using a blender, cover the lid with a kitchen towel while machine is running).
- Return soup to a clean pot and set over low heat. Whisk in cream, if desired; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or transfer soup to a bowl set over an ice-water bath to cool completely. Transfer cooled soup to an airtight container and refrigerate. Reheat over medium heat until heated through.
PASTA WITH SAUSAGE, TOMATOES, AND CREAM
Delicious and satisfying... I don't remember where this recipe comes from, but it's a pleaser! Easily doubled. Also, works well with gf pasta and sausage
Provided by GinnyP
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and crushed red pepper.
- Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cream, and salt.
- Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 4 minutes.
- (Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water.
- Bring sauce to a simmer.
- Add pasta to sauce and cook until pasta is heated through and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Divide pasta between plates.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve, passing Parmesan separately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1124.7, Fat 72.5, SaturatedFat 32.8, Cholesterol 187, Sodium 1712.9, Carbohydrate 82, Fiber 5.8, Sugar 9.7, Protein 36.9
TOMATO CREAM SAUCE
Looking for a pasta sauce recipe? Then check out this tomato and cream sauce with a hint of herbs. Ready in 40 minutes!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic, parsley, basil and tomatoes in oil 10 minutes, breaking up tomatoes and stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; reduce heat to low. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened. Use sauce immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165, Carbohydrate 12 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 450 mg
TOMATOES WITH CREAM
_Tomates † la Crème_
Provided by Edouard de Pomaine
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cut the tomatoes in halves.
- In a frying pan melt a lump of butter. Put in the tomatoes, cut side downward. With a sharply pointed knife, puncture the rounded sides of the tomatoes here and there. Let them heat for five minutes, then turn them over. Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook them for another 10 minutes. Turn them again. The juices run out and spread into the pan. Once more, turn the tomatoes cut side upward. Put about 3 ounces of thick cream around them in the pan, mixing it with the juices. As soon as it bubbles, slip the tomatoes and all their sauces onto a hot dish.
- Serve instantly.
CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE
This easy five-ingredient sauce has just a touch of cream to temper the acidity of the tomatoes; and it has the perfect consistency for spooning over all types of pastas. Try it with homemade potato gnocchi.
Provided by Lauryn Tyrell
Yield Makes about 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Pulse tomatoes with their juices in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Melt butter and oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover, and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup heavy cream; simmer, partially covered, 5 minutes more.
- In a saucepan, saute the shallots in butter until they are clear. Add the tomatoes, heavy cream and pepper. Reduce by half and set aside.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 150, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 16 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "tomato cream recipes"
THE BEST FRESH TOMATO CREAM SAUCE RECIPE | FOODAL
5/5 (2)Total Time 35 minsCategory SaucesCalories 301 per serving
- Add the heavy cream. Gently simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened slightly, about another 10 minutes.
TOMATO CREAM RECIPE: EASY, ONE-HOUR RECIPE | MONTEROSA
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CREAMED TOMATOES RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (3)Total Time 29 minsServings 4Calories 119 per serving
CREAMED TOMATOES - GRANDMA HONEY'S HOUSE
Servings 2-3Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Side Dishes
TOMATO CREAM SAUCE - BAKE. EAT. REPEAT.
RECIPE PENNE WITH TOMATO, CREAM, AND FIVE CHEESES
CREAMY TOMATO PASTA | RECIPETIN EATS
RECIPE: CREAMY TOMATO PASTA - KITCHN
SPAGHETTI WITH TOMATO CREAM SAUCE - DAMN DELICIOUS
TOMATO CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - MAKE CREAMY TOMATO …
EASY TOMATO CREAM RIGATONI - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
TOMATO CREAM SAUCE - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
PASTA WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO CREAM SAUCE - DAMN …
CREAMY TOMATO PASTA RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
HALLOWEEN-INSPIRED SPICY TOMATO CREAM PASTA RECIPE BY TASTY
10-MINUTE SPICY TOMATO CREAM SAUCE - LITTLE BROKEN
10+ CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO RECIPES FOR DINNER | EATINGWELL
TOMATO CREAM SAUCE - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
CREAM TOMATOES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
EASY TOMATO CREAM SAUCE | USE YOUR FAVORITE JARRED SAUCE
EASY TOMATO CREAM SAUCE (UNDER 10 MINUTES!) | VALERIE'S …
CREAM OF TOMATO SOUP | RICARDO
EASY TOMATO CREAM SAUCE (30 MINUTE MEAL) - OUR SALTY KITCHEN
TOMATO CREAM SAUCE – A COUPLE COOKS
SPICY TOMATO CREAM PASTA - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
TOMATO CREAM – SPREAD
PASTA WITH TOMATO CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A CREAM …
CREAMY TOMATO TORTELLINI (ONE PAN) • SALT & LAVENDER
10 BEST CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE WITH SOUR CREAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED TOMATO CREAM SAUCE - MIDWEST FOODIE
"DATE ME" QUICK CREAMY TOMATO PASTA RECIPE | THE …
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP WITH CANNED TOMATOES - LOVE FOOD NOT …
PIONEER WOMAN TOMATO CREAM SAUCE - CHEFS & RECIPES
TOMATO CREAM SAUCE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
THE BEST HOMEMADE CREAMY TOMATO SOUP (QUICK & EASY RECIPE)
THREE "MINI TOMATO RECIPES"! CHERRY TOMATOES WITH CREAM CHEESE …
TOMATO CREAM SAUCE WITH LINGUINE - ENTERTAINING WITH BETH
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #bisques-cream-soups #soups-stews #vegetables #easy #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #carrots #onions #tomatoes
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make tomato sauce with cream?Add the garlic, basil, rosemary, and white wine. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes, until the tomatoes have softened. Add the heavy cream. Gently simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened slightly, about another 10 minutes.
How do you make cream of tomato soup?Learn how to make the best homemade cream of tomato soup on the stovetop with this simple recipe! In a large pot, heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
How to cook spicy tomato cream pasta?A fast and flavorful Spicy Tomato Cream Pasta that's perfect for a weeknight meal. Red pepper flakes really give this sauce some heat. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic, basil, and red pepper flakes and cook 1 minute. Add spaghetti sauce, heavy cream, salt and pepper.
What to do with creamed Tomatoes?Some people call it tomato gravy. My family always served the creamed tomatoes with bread in it. It is also served over biscuits or cornbread. This recipe can be made with fresh or canned tomatoes. I make it with both. Mine today is with canned tomatoes. Place can of tomatoes in saucepan. Season with salt & pepper.