TORTELLINI WITH PEAS AND PROSCIUTTO
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook as the label directs.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and prosciutto and cook until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Ladle in about 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and simmer until reduced by about half, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cream and simmer until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- About 2 minutes before the tortellini are done, add the peas to the boiling water and cook until just tender. Drain the tortellini and peas and add to the skillet, tossing to coat with the sauce. Stir in the parsley. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
I've made this bacon, cream and Parmesan cheese pasta sauce for so many years and have always called it a carbonara. Low-and-behold, I recently found out it's actually more like an Alfredo sauce. In either case, it's absolutely heavenly and a great option for company! -Cathy Croyle, Davidsville, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Pour off drippings., In same pan, combine cream, cheese, parsley and bacon; heat through over medium heat. Stir in tortellini. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 527 calories, Fat 36g fat (20g saturated fat), Cholesterol 121mg cholesterol, Sodium 728mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
TORTELLINI WITH BACON AND PEAS
- Cook tortellini as directed on package; drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook bacon in oil, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels; discard drippings.
- Add peas to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tortellini and reserved cooking water. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until peas are thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in whipping cream and bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 452.4, Carbohydrate 30.3 g, Cholesterol 45.4 mg, Fiber 11.5 g, Protein 18.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1565.3 mg, Sugar 11.1 g
EASY CHEESY TORTELLINI & BACON
Tortellini pasta and peas are cooked, drained and tossed with Alfredo sauce and pre-cooked bacon pieces for an easy, yet elegant, main dish.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 3 servings, 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cook pasta and peas in large pan of boiling water 6 to 8 min. or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently. Drain well.
- Return pasta mixture to pan. Stir in pasta sauce and bacon; cook on medium-low heat 2 to 3 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 950 mg, Carbohydrate 47 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 5 g, Protein 19 g
TORTELLINI ALFREDO WITH PEAS AND BACON
- Cook onion, mushrooms and bacon in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until bacon is crisp; drain. Add pasta, sauce, peas and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
- Serve with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 506.8 calories, Carbohydrate 42.6 g, Cholesterol 85.7 mg, Fat 28.3 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 14.7 g, Sodium 931.1 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
TORTELLINI WITH PEAS AND BACON
This dish will make everyone think you spent allot of work preparing, and you don't! Really yummy, especially for you bacon lovers!
Provided by dragonpawz
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Boil tortellini.
- While pasta is cooking, fry bacon till crispy.
- Remove bacon and drain bacon grease from pan except for one tablespoon.
- Cook onion in bacon grease till golden brown.
- Pour in heavy cream and cook till slightly thickened.
- Add cooked pasta,cheese ,peas and crumble in bacon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat one minute and serve.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
People also searched
More about "tortellini with peas and bacon recipes"
TOMATO AND BACON TORTELLINI | READY SET EAT
Cuisine ItalianCategory Pasta, Main Dish, PastaServings 5Total Time 25 mins
- Cook bacon in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-low heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, drain and discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Add garlic to drippings; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce and water; stir. Bring to a boil over high heat; stir in tortellini. Return to a boil; cover and simmer over medium-low heat 6 minutes or until tortellini is tender, stirring gently after 3 minutes.
- Add cream cheese; stir until completely melted. Stir in bacon and peas. Return to a boil; simmer 2 minutes. Sprinkle liberally with pepper, if desired.
TORTELLINI WITH BACON AND PEAS - GOOD …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- Add pasta and cook as label directs. Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat 10 minutes or until bacon is browned and onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine and boil 1 minute, stirring. Stir in cream, frozen peas, and pepper; heat to boiling over high heat.
EASY TORTELLINI BACON CARBONARA | HEATHER …
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 749 per serving
- In a large skillet combine the cream and parsley and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened and stir in the parmesan cheese. Stir the sauce until the cheese is melted.
- Add the cooked tortellini, peas, and bacon and continue to simmer for 3-4 minutes longer or until the peas and tortellini are warmed through.
TORTELLINI BACON & PEAS SKILLET / THE GRATEFUL …
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 20 minsCategory EntreeCalories 640 per serving
- Use a large skillet to cook bacon and onion. The tortellini will be added to the skillet later, so it needs to big enough to hold it all! Once the bacon (and chopped onions) are finished cooking, remove them from skillet with a slotted spoon. Place the bacon mixture on a paper towel, to finish draining. Crumble. Set bacon aside. IMPORTANT: Keep the bacon drippings in the pan (do not discard). It will be used when the dish is put together and will add additional amazing flavor to the tortellini!
- Cook cheese tortellini in salted, boiling water, according to package directions. When done cooking, drain the tortellini.
- Pour a teaspoon of olive oil into the skillet with reserved bacon drippings in it. Turn heat to medium. Once oil/bacon drippings are hot, add the cooked, drained tortellini. Add cooked bacon/onion mixture, thawed peas, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine, and cook on medium heat until mixture is heated through. Taste test a small bite. If necessary, add more salt/pepper, to suit your taste.
- Once heated thoroughly, remove pan from heat. Add grated Parmesan cheese on top to garnish dish (optional, but GOOD), and serve hot! Enjoy!
EASY SKILLET TORTELLINI DINNER - 2 SISTERS RECIPES …
4.5/5 (2)Category DinnerServings 4Total Time 20 mins
- Next, in a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter on medium heat, toss in the garlic and onions and cook the onions for 3 to 5 minutes until golden color.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, and bring to a boil. Toss in the frozen cheese tortellini and raise the heat and cover with a lid. Then simmer on low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the cover to check on the tortellini, gently stir the tortellini.
TORTELLINI WITH MUSHROOMS & PEAS - NO RECIPE …
4.3/5 (10)Category AppetizerCuisine ItalianEstimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
CREAMY TORTELLINI WITH PEAS ASPARAGUS AND …
4.2/5 (20)Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 1214 per serving
- Add peas and asparagus. Saute until asparagus starts to soften. Press in garlic and season with some salt and pepper. Mix well and cook veggies for about 5 more minutes.
TORTELLINI WITH ASPARAGUS, PEAS & CRISPY BACON …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
TORTELLINI ALFREDO WITH PEAS AND BACON RECIPE …
5/5 (1)Total Time 29 minsServings 4Calories 396 per serving See details »
TORTELLINI ALFREDO WITH PROSCIUTTO AND PEAS - DELICIOUS ...
5/5 (8)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishPublished 2021-02-07 See details »
10 BEST CHEESE TORTELLINI SALAD WITH PEAS …
See details »
TORTELLINI ALFREDO WITH PEAS AND BACON RECIPE - …
Servings 4Total Time 25 minsCategory PoultryCalories 139 per serving
- Saute onion, mushrooms and bacon in medium saucepan over medium-heat until bacon is crisp and the onions and mushrooms soft; drain.
CREAMY TORTELLINI ALFREDO WITH PEAS - NOURISH AND FETE
5/5 (7)Total Time 25 minsCategory MainsCalories 533 per serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook tortellini to al dente according to package directions. During the last minute of cooking time, add peas to the pot, then drain the peas and tortellini together.
- While the tortellini cooks, make the sauce. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then whisk in the flour and cook for 60 seconds.
- Add cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk until smooth, then let the sauce simmer for 1-2 minutes to thicken slightly.
TORTELLINI ALFREDO WITH PEAS AND BACON RECIPE | …
Servings 4Calories 400 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
- COOK onion, mushrooms and bacon in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until bacon is crisp; drain. Add pasta, sauce, peas and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
BEST CHEESE TORTELLINI WITH PEAS AND BACON RECIPE - …
4/5 (1)Category DinnerCuisine ItalianTotal Time 25 mins See details »
TORTELLINI ALFREDO WITH PEAS AND BACON - CHATELAINE
3.6/5 (50)Category RecipesServings 8Total Time 25 mins See details »
GREEN PEA SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
TORTELLINI SOUP WITH SPRING GREENS AND WHITE BEANS …
See details »
TORTELLINI SALAD WITH TOMATOES AND PEAS RECIPE | …
See details »
EASIEST WAY TO MAKE HOMEMADE TORTELLINI WITH PEAS …
See details »
TORTELLINI WITH BACON AND PEAS - TFRECIPES.COM
See details »
CREAMY HAM AND PEA CARBONARA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
See details »
You'll also love