TRADITIONAL SWEDISH PEPPARKAKOR
These thin, crispy spice cookies are a Christmas tradition in Sweden. They're usually cut into heart, flower or star shapes. Dusting your cookie cutters with flour will make it easier to cut the dough.
Provided by Eal
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sift the flour together with the baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and cardamom in a mixing bowl.
- Beat the butter together with the white and brown sugars in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and corn syrup until smooth. Gradually stir in the flour mixture until evenly blended. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and wrap tightly each with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Using 1 portion at a time, work on a floured surface and roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutter, and place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until set, about 5 minutes. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered tins.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 47.4 calories, Carbohydrate 7 g, Cholesterol 6.7 mg, Fat 1.9 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 39.9 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
SWEDISH SPICE COOKIES (MUSKOTSNITTAR)
Also known as nutmeg slices, these easy-to-make cookies boast two more warming spices -- cinnamon and ginger -- and are just the thing for a coffee break. A fork is all you need for the striking linear decoration on top.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 48
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Gradually add flour mixture and beat to combine. Divide dough evenly into quarters.
- Roll each quarter into a 14-inch-long rope. Transfer ropes to parchment-lined baking sheets, spaced 6 inches apart (two ropes per sheet). Flatten ropes to 2 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using the back of the tines of a fork, make crosswise lines across the surface of each flattened portion of dough. Bake, rotating halfway through, until golden around the edges and dry on top, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer sheets to wire racks; let cool 5 minutes. While still warm, cut on the diagonal into 1-inch-thick slices. Let cool completely. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
TRADITIONAL PEPPARKAKOR (SWEDISH SPICE COOKIES)
Traditional Swedish spice cookie; traditionally served on St. Lucia Day (Dec. 13). These are my sisters favorite cookie.:) (Note: you need to mix up the dough a day in advance, cover and let rest overnight). Cardamom & finely chopped candied ginger would make nice additions to these Pepparkakor. The molasses is an essential ingredient in this recipe, you get crispy yet chewy cookies with a lovely rich subtle depth of flavor. Don't skip!
Provided by BecR2400
Yield 3 1/2 dozen cookies, 42 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Sift together dry ingredients; set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add egg and molasses.
- Blend in dry ingredients thoroughly. Let dough stand overnight for easy rolling.
- On a well-floured board, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut into shapes (we usually make gingerbread people) and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- NOTE: Prep time does not include time to let dough rest overnight.
SWEDISH PEPPARKAKOR CAKE
This traditional Swedish spice cake is perfect to have on hand for the Christmas holiday season. This is an incredibly easy recipe and perfect for your children to help make and bake.
Provided by claudia in ny
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a bread pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and cloves in a large bowl.
- Beat egg and milk together in a separate bowl; add to flour mixture and stir to moisten dry ingredients evenly. Pour mixture into a bread pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166.4 calories, Carbohydrate 37.9 g, Cholesterol 12.8 mg, Fat 0.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 65.7 mg, Sugar 25.8 g
PEPPARKAKOR - TRADITIONAL SCANDINAVIAN SUGAR AND SPICE COOKIES
Great for Christmas or anytime of year- especially with coffee or cocoa AND they are lowfat too! If you like them spicier feel free to UP the ginger and/or use FRESH! World Tour 2005 Sweden Desserts
Provided by Mamas Kitchen Hope
Yield 60 cookies, 60 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and molasses and beat well.
- Mix all dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add dry mix to wet 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition to make a stiff dough.
- Roll dough into teaspoon size balls and roll in more granulated sugar.
- Bake on greased baking sheet at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87.6, Fat 2.6, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 12.3, Sodium 85.4, Carbohydrate 15.3, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 8.2, Protein 1.1
More about "traditional pepparkakor swedish spice cookies recipes"
SWEDISH SPICE COOKIES (PEPPARKAKOR) | BUT FIRST, COOKIES
Servings 24Total Time 25 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Heat the syrup mixture, stirring constantly to prevent burning on the bottom. It does not need to boil. When it is fully combined, remove it from the heat and allow to cool.
- While the syrup cools, melt the butter in the microwave. Combine the two in the saucepan and mix well. Set aside.
PEPPARKAKOR - TRADITIONAL SWEDISH GINGER COOKIES RECIPE …
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
TRADITIONAL SWEDISH PEPPARKAKOR RECIPE - THE VIEW FROM …
4.8/5 (23)Category DessertCuisine Swedish
- Add the sugar, honey, and milk to a small saucepan. When measuring a "scant" cup of the honey and the milk, you want to it to be just under 1/2 cup, but not closer to 1/3 cup. If you can measure in milliliters, its exactly 100 milliliters.
- Mix the powdered sugar with just enough water to make a smooth but thick glaze. Divide the icing into smaller batches if you want to make different colors. You can also flavor the icing with a little vanilla extract or almond extract if you'd like. For pipping lines and small designs, keep your icing pretty thick so that it won't spread, there should be a little resistance when mixing it with a whisk. For covering the entire cookie like the green and blue reindeer, add a bit more water to the icing so that it goes on smoothly and is easier to cover the whole cookie before it starts to dry and crack. Try some icing on a test cookie if you're not sure about the texture!
PEPPARKAKOR RECIPE (SWEDISH GINGER COOKIES)
SWEDISH PEPPARKAKOR COOKIES (GINGERSNAP COOKIES)
SWEDISH GINGERBREAD AKA PEPPARKAKOR – RECIPE | VISIT …
PEPPARKAKOR (SWEDISH SPICE COOKIES) - MI COOP KITCHEN
THE BEST SWEDISH GINGER COOKIES-- PEPPARKAKOR - A …
PEPPARKAKOR (SWEDISH GINGER COOKIES) BY THE …
PEPPARKAKOR (TRADITIONAL SWEDISH SPICE COOKIES) | FINE LOVELY …
PEPPARKAKOR - TRADITIONAL SCANDINAVIAN SUGAR AND SPICE COOKIES
SCANDINAVIAN RECIPE: TRADITIONAL SWEDISH PEPPARKAKOR BY EAL
TRADITIONAL PEPPARKAKOR (SWEDISH SPICE COOKIES) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SWEDISH GINGER COOKIES (PEPPARKAKOR) - A PLEASANT PALATE
TRADITIONAL PEPPARKAKOR (SWEDISH SPICE COOKIES) RECIPE
PEPPARKAKOR (SWEDISH GINGER COOKIES) - PIQUANT POST | RECIPE
RECIPE | PEPPARKAKOR OR SWEDISH GINGER SNAPS COOKIES
TRADITIONAL SWEDISH PEPPARKAKOR | RECIPESTY
TRADITIONAL SWEDISH COOKIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PEPPARKAKOR (SWEDISH GINGERBREAD COOKIES) | RAWSPICEBAR
PEPPARKAKOR (SWEDISH GINGER COOKIES) - PIQUANT POST
PEPPARKAKOR (SWEDISH GINGERBREAD COOKIES) - RAWSPICEBAR
PEPPARKAKOR — SWEDISH FAMILY KITCHEN
SWEDISH PEPPARKAKOR - MIDWEST LIVING
RECIPE SHOEBOX: PEPPARKAKOR (TRADITIONAL SWEDISH SPICE COOKIES) …
ELLEN'S SWEDISH PEPPARKAKOR - LUNACAFE
TRADITIONAL SWEDISH PEPPARKAKOR RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PEPPARKAKOR (TRADITIONAL SWEDISH SPICE COOKIES) | GH49
CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE: PEPPARKAKOR (TRADITIONAL SWEDISH SPICE …
PEPPARKAKOR - MIDWEST LIVING
SWEDISH PEPPARKAKOR COOKIE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SWEDISH SPICE COOKIES (PEPPARKOR) — THE SHORTLISTS
TRADITIONAL SWEDISH SALAD RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
TRADITIONAL SWEDISH PEPPARKAKOR RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
TRADITIONAL SWEDISH PEPPARKAKOR - YUM TASTE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are pepparkakor cookies?Pepperkaker in Norway, Piparkakut in Iceland, Brunkager in Denmark, Piparkokur in Iceland Pepparkakor, or pepper cookies in Swedish, are spiced ginger cookies. They come under the general heading of gingerbread cookies, and are traditionally baked for St Lucia’s Day (December 13th.)
What is pepparkakor made of?A simple recipe for a crispy cookie dough ready in 10 minutes, pepparkakor are made with flour, butter, and spices such as cloves, ginger, cardamom and cinnamon. Baking soda or baking powder is usually used as a rising agent and sugar syrup and sugar as sweeteners.
What are pepparkakor (Ginger Snaps)?In Sweden, Pepparkakor (Swedish ginger cookies) are a holiday tradition around Christmastime. Also known as ginger snaps, these cookies are intensely spiced and darker in color than sugar cookies. Crunchy and addictive, they're perfect for serving to party guests or just nibbling with a warm cup of coffee.
What is the history of Swedish pepparkakor?As far as Swedish pepparkakor are concerned, the first documented consumption of gingerbread in Sweden dates back to the 14th century. It was discovered that the purchase of raw materials clearly indicates that pepparkakor were cooked for the wedding in 1335 between King Magnus Eriksson and Blanka of Namur.