GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH SMOKY ROMESCO SALAD
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are grilled and topped with a smoky romesco-inspired vinaigrette. Instead of being pureed into a silky sauce, onions, bell peppers and a baguette are charred and coarsely chopped, then combined with garlic, smoked paprika, vinegar, chopped almonds and parsley to create a fresh topping.
Provided by Rick Martinez
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place the chicken on a large platter and generously season with salt and pepper. Let sit at least 10 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Whisk together the oil, paprika and garlic in a liquid measuring cup until completely combined. Put the peppers, tomatoes, onions and baguette slices on a baking sheet and generously brush with the oil mixture until completely coated, making sure to brush on bits of the garlic and paprika. Reserve the remaining oil mixture for the vinaigrette.
- Prepare a grill or large grill pan for medium-high heat. Clean and oil the grill grates.
- Grill the chicken until lightly charred and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side (see Cook's Note). Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 1-inch strips.
- Grill the peppers and onions until lightly charred and tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Grill the tomatoes skin-side down until the skin is charred, about 4 minutes; do not grill the cut sides. Transfer to a cutting board and chop the onions and peppers into bite-size pieces. Grill the bread until toasted on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to the same baking sheet. Season the vegetables and croutons with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the vinegar, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper into the reserved oil mixture until completely combined. Arrange the chicken on a platter and top with the peppers, onions, tomatoes, croutons and almonds. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and top with parsley. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve.
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH ROMESCO SAUCE
Purée grilled bell peppers, almond butter, sherry vinegar, and garlic into an irresistibly smoky-sweet sauce that's great served with a crunchy grilled chicken salad.
Provided by Anna Stockwell
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Grill the Chicken:
- Season chicken on all sides with salt in a medium bowl. Add vinegar and garlic and toss to coat. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Prepare a grill for high heat and brush grate lightly with oil. Grill chicken, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 165°F, 12-15 minutes. Let cool.
- Do Ahead: Chicken can be grilled 4 days ahead. Transfer to an airtight container and chill.
- Make the Romesco:
- Lightly brush grill grate with vegetable oil. Grill peppers over high heat, turning occasionally, until skins are blackened and blistered all over, 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Remove skins and seeds from peppers; discard. Purée peppers, garlic, vinegar, almond butter, olive oil, salt, and cayenne in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl .
- Do Ahead: Peppers can be grilled 4 days ahead. Transfer to an airtight container and chill. Romesco sauce can be made 4 days ahead. Transfer to an airtight container and chill.
- Assemble the Salad:
- Thinly slice chicken. Transfer to a large bowl. Add lettuce, cucumbers, onion, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Pour oil and lemon juice over and toss to coat.
- Spread about 1/4 cup romesco sauce across each plate, then top with salad. Sprinkle with paprika, if using.
More about "grilled chicken salad with romesco sauce recipes"
BEST GRILLED CHICKEN ROMESCO RECIPE
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 50 secsCategory Dinner, Main DishTotal Time 20 mins
- Brush chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- In food processor, pulse roasted red peppers, almonds, garlic, sherry vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt until finely chopped.
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH ROMESCO SAUCE | RECIPE | PORK RIB …
GREEK GRILLED CHICKEN LEGS – PALATABLE PASTIME PALATABLE PASTIME
CHICKEN ROMESCO PASTA - THERESCIPES.INFO
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT AND ROMESCO SAUCE - WHAT JEW …
GRILLED ROMESCO SAUCE PAIRS PERFECTLY WITH CHICKEN
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH HOMEMADE ROMESCO SAUCE - LIVELY …
GRILLED CHICKEN KEBABS WITH ROMESCO SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH RANCH DRESSING *VIDEO RECIPE*
GRILLED ROMANESCO SALAD WITH CHARRED-HERB DRESSING …
GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH SMOKY ROMESCO SALAD - FOOD NETWORK
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH ROMESCO SAUCE | RECIPE
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH RED PEPPER-PECAN ROMESCO SAUCE RECIPE
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH ROMESCO SAUCE - MEAL KIT DELIVERY
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH ROMESCO SAUCE - RICARDO
SMOKED CHICKEN PASTA SALAD WITH ROMESCO SAUCE - STUCK IN THE …
SUNDAY SUPPER: SPANISH ROAST CHICKEN WITH ROMESCO AND GRILLED …
ROMESCO CHICKEN RECIPE - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
37 GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES TO MAKE THIS SUMMER
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH ROMESCO SAUCE | RECIPE | GRILLED …
GRILLED CHICKEN & ROMESCO SAUCE - CRAVINGS
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH ROMESCO SAUCE | KITCHEN FRAU
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH ROMESCO SAUCE
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH ROMESCO SAUCE | RECIPE | HEALTHY …
GRILLED ROMESCO CHICKEN WITH GRILLED FENNEL SALAD - PLAIN.RECIPES
GRILLED ROMESCO SAUCE RECIPE - DELISH
GRILLED CHICKEN KABOBS WITH ROMESCO SAUCE - MOTHER'S DAY …
SPANISH STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN WITH ROMESCO RELISH - MAZOLA®
QUICK AND EASY ROMESCO CHICKEN SALAD - LILLIE EATS AND TELLS
THE BEST ROMESCO SAUCE YOU'VE EVER TASTED - MEATHEAD'S …
SPANISH ROAST CHICKEN WITH ROMESCO AND GRILLED ONIONS RECIPE
YELLOWFIN TUNA RECIPE GRILLED - THERESCIPES.INFO
GRILLED ROMESCO SAUCE RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
BAKED CHICKEN WITH SPANISH ROMESCO SAUCE | CHICKEN.CA
CHICKEN WITH GRILLED SPRING ONIONS AND ROMESCO SAUCE
GRILLED TOP SIRLOIN STEAK WITH ROMESCO SAUCE | THRIFTY FOODS RECIPES
CHICKEN WITH ROMESCO SAUCE - KYLEE COOKS
GRILLED ROMESCO SAUCE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
SPANISH STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN WITH ROMESCO RELISH
GRILLED CHICKEN AND ZUCCHINI WITH ROMESCO SAUCE - WASHINGTON …
CHARGRILLED ROMANESCO SALAD RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
GRILLED ROMESCO SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH ROMESCO SAUCE, DILL ... - EAT THE BITE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make a grilled chicken salad?It’s made with olive oil, lemon juice, a little Greek yogurt, poppy seeds, and honey. A light a fresh grilled chicken salad recipe made with perfectly grilled chicken breast, blueberries, gorgonzola cheese, apple, almonds, bacon, and honey mustard dressing. First, season chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
How do you serve romesco sauce?Heat the sauce on the stovetop so it is warmed through to serve. When the chicken has finished cooking, spoon the romesco sauce over the chicken before serving. Or, layer a spoonful or two of romesco sauce on a plate and serve the chicken breast over the sauce. Rub the spice mix all over the breasts so that they are evenly coated.
How to cook chicken on the grill?Heat a grill or grill pan to medium heat (about 400°F). Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes per side, or until grill lines start to appear. Turn down the heat to low and/or move the chicken to indirect heat on the grill. Cover and cook an additional 10-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Is romesco chicken keto friendly?This Romesco chicken is a delicious and easy weeknight meal. Roasted chicken breast is served with a red pepper and tomato sauce for a dinner that is full of flavor. A low carb, gluten-free and keto friendly recipe. If you are stuck in a dinner rut, this Romesco chicken is about to pull you right out of it!