SAUCY BEEF WITH BROCCOLI
When I'm looking for a fast entree, I turn to this beef and broccoli stir-fry. It features a tantalizing sauce made with garlic and ginger. -Rosa Evans, Odessa, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix the first 7 ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned, 1-3 minutes. Remove from pan. , Stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Add green onions; cook just until tender, 1-2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 2-3 minutes. Add beef and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313 calories, Fat 11g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 68mg cholesterol, Sodium 816mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
RESTAURANT STYLE BEEF AND BROCCOLI
- Whisk together the oyster sauce, sesame oil, sherry, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch in a bowl, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Place the steak pieces into a shallow bowl, pour the oyster sauce mixture over the meat, stir to coat well, and marinate for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, and stir in the ginger and garlic. Let them sizzle in the hot oil for about 1 minute to flavor the oil, then remove and discard. Stir in the broccoli, and toss and stir in the hot oil until bright green and almost tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the broccoli from the wok, and set aside.
- Pour a little more oil into the wok, if needed, and stir and toss the beef with the marinade until the sauce forms a glaze on the beef, and the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Return the cooked broccoli to the wok, and stir until the meat and broccoli are heated through, about 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 331.4 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 51.9 mg, Fat 21.1 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 21.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 419.2 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH BLACK-BEAN GARLIC SAUCE
Better than takeout? We think so! What really sets this beef-and-broccoli stir-fry apart is the addition of black-bean garlic sauce, a rich and super-savory Chinese condiment made with fermented black beans, garlic, and chilis into a rich and super savory paste that soaks into this stir-fry with aplomb.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Pat meat dry, then toss with 3 teaspoons cornstarch. Stir together broth, ginger, black-bean sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and remaining 1 teaspoon cornstarch in a bowl. Measure 2 tablespoons water in a separate small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet (preferably cast iron) or wok over high for 3 minutes. Swirl in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Working in batches to avoid crowding pan, brown meat, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Swirl in remaining vegetable oil and add broccoli. Cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add reserved water and toss until broccoli is bright green and tender, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add white and light-green parts of scallion to skillet along with meat and any accumulated juices. Stir in black-bean-sauce mixture and toss until evenly coated and sauce has thickened, about 30 seconds. Serve with rice, sprinkled with scallion greens.
STIR FRIED GARLIC BEEF WITH BROCCOLI
- Slice the steak very thinly, the easiest way to do this is to have it half frozen when you slice it.
- Put sliced steak in a bowl with the sherry, soy sauce and the cornstarch, and a little salt, let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Put 2 tbsp oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic, stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- add mushrooms stir fry 2 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm.
- put 2 tbsp of oil in the skillet and stir fry the beef until nicely browned, remove and keep warm.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and stir fry the green onions for 1 min, remove and keep warm.
- Pour in the chicken stock, heat to bubbling add Broccoli cover and steam for 3- 4 minutes.
- remove lid and put all the ingredient together.
- Heat through but do not over cook.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC SAUCE
Love this recipe. Works best if you cut all veggies before starting. I like to use about 4 cups veggies for this.
Provided by WiGal
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Trim fat from beef steak; cut beef lengthwise into 2 inch strips, and each strip cut crosswise into 1/8 inch slices.
- In cup, mix cornstarch, sesame oil and broth, set aside.
- Heat 12 inch skillet or wok until very hot.
- Add vegetable oil; rotate skillet to coat bottom.
- Add beef; stir fry 2 minutes or until beef is brown.
- Remove beef from skillet.
- Keep skillet hot.
- Add broccoli, carrots, onion, and bok choy and saute for 3 minutes, add yellow pepper, and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add pepper, garlic, ginger, and fish sauce; stir fry 30 seconds.
- Add water chestnuts; stir fry 1 minute.
- Stir in beef.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 15 seconds or until thickened.
- Taste test for soy sauce.
- Serve over rice.
More about "beef and broccoli with garlic sauce recipes"
BEEF WITH BROCCOLI - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine Asian, ChineseTotal Time 40 minsCategory DinnerCalories 369 per serving
- Combine the beef with 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of the Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry) in a bowl and toss to coat. Let marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of soy sauce with the cornstarch and stir with a fork until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry), oyster sauce, chicken broth, sugar, and sesame oil. Stir and set aside.
- When you're ready to cook, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan or wok over high heat until smoking. Add the broccoli and stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the water. Cover the pan with a lid (or tightly with foil) and lower the heat to medium; steam the broccoli until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes, then transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
20 MINUTE GARLIC BEEF AND BROCCOLI LO MEIN | THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.8/5 (112)Calories 407 per servingCategory Dinner, Main Course
- In a large pot with boiling water, cook the noodles according to package directions. Add the broccoli the last 5 minutes of cooking and let them cook until tender. Drain the noodles and broccoli.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a medium sized skillet. Cook the steak until no longer pink.
BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 29 minsServings 4
SRIRACHA BEEF AND BROCCOLI - WIDE OPEN EATS
Cuisine ChineseCategory DinnerServings 4Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH THE BEST SAUCE (VIDEO ...
5/5 (213)Calories 385 per servingCategory Easy
- Prep: Start cooking white rice first so it's ready when the stir fry is done. Cover and freeze steak 30 minutes for easier slicing.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Add broccoli florets and sauté 4-5 minutes, partially covered with lid, stirring or tossing several times until broccoli is bright green and crisp-tender then remove from pan. Tip: If you prefer softer broccoli, add 2 Tbsp water before covering with the lid and it will steam cook the broccoli.
- Increase heat to high heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Add beef in a single layer and sauté 2 minutes per side or just until cooked through. Quickly pull out a piece to test for doneness.
BEEF WITH BROCCOLI | READY SET EAT
Servings 4Total Time 22 minsEstimated Reading Time 50 secs
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet set over medium-high heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove flank steak from bowl, reserving excess sauce. Add flank steak to wok and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until beef is starting to brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Add broccoli and 1/3 cup (75 mL) water; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until broccoli is tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in flank steak and reserved sauce; simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until flank steak is cooked to desired doneness. Serve over steamed white rice and sprinkle with green onion.
BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
1/5 Calories 291 per serving
- Trim fat from beef. Cut beef lengthwise into 2 inch strips. Cut strips crosswise into 1/8 inch slices. Toss beef with salt and white pepper. Place broccoli in 1 inch boiling water; heat to boiling. Cover and cook 2 min.
- Immediately rinse with cool water; drain. Mix cornstarch and soy sauce; stir in sesame oil and broth.
- Spray nonstick wok or possibly 12 inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat till cooking spray starts to bubble. Add in beef; stir-fry about 2 min or possibly till brown. Remove beef from wok. Cold wok slightly. Wipe clean and respray. Add in oil and rotate wok to coat sides. Heat over medium-high heat. Add in garlic, gingerroot and bean paste; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add in bamboo shoots; stir-fry 20 seconds. Stir in beef and broccoli. Stir in cornstarch mix; cook and stir about 30 seconds or possibly till thickened. Serve over rice.
GARLIC NOODLES WITH BEEF AND BROCCOLI - BUDGET BYTES
4.7/5 (33)Total Time 25 minsServings 4Calories 556 per serving
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a bowl (microwave for about 20 seconds) then add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil. Stir to combine, then set the sauce aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, add the spaghetti and continue to boil until the spaghetti is tender (about 7 minutes). Drain the spaghetti in a colander.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, begin the beef and broccoli. Add the remaining tablespoon butter to a large skillet and melt over medium heat. Add the ground beef and continue to cook over medium heat until the beef is cooked through (5-7 minutes). If you're using a higher fat content beef, drain the fat before moving onto the next step (I used 10% fat and there wasn't enough to drain).
- While the beef is cooking, mince the garlic. Add the garlic to the skillet with the browned beef and continue to cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes more, or until the garlic has softened slightly.
BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC SAUCE | INDIAN | NON ...
Cuisine IndianCategory Non-Vegetarian
- Trim any visible fat from the steak. Cut the beef lengthwise into 2-inch wide strips, then cut each strip crosswise (against the grain) into 1/8-inch slices. , Toss the beef, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, the salt and the white pepper in a bowl.
- Remove the flowerets and cut the broccoli stems diagonally into thin slices. , Place the broccoli in boiling water.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes, then remove and drain. , Immediately rinse in cold water and drain. , Mix the corn starch, sesame oil and broth together. , Heat a wok until very hot.
RECIPE: BEEF AND BROCCOLI STIR-FRY WITH GINGER/GARLIC ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
STIR-FRIED BEEF AND BROCCOLI IN GARLIC SAUCE — UNWRITTEN ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
1/5 Calories 1208 per serving
BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE
4.1/5 (10)Total Time 30 minsServings 6Calories 369 per serving
BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC AND SOY SAUCE RECIPE | INA GARTEN ...
5/5 (36)Author Ina GartenServings 6-8Category Side-Dish
BEEF & BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC SAUCE (FROM SCRATCH) RECIPE ...
Servings 2Calories 573 per serving
BEEF AND BROCCOLI | FOODTALK
BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC SAUCE - RECIPE GOLDMINE
BEEF IN GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC SAUCE - CHEF RAYMOND RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #beef #vegetables #asian #chinese #dietary #one-dish-meal #low-calorie #stir-fry #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #steak #broccoli #presentation #served-hot #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook beef with Broccoli?Learn how to make Chinese-style beef with broccoli: tender strips of steak with crisp broccoli in a rich ginger and garlic sauce. Combine the beef with 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of the Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry) in a bowl and toss to coat.
How do you thicken spaghetti sauce with broccoli and beef?Add beef in a single layer and sauté 2 minutes per side or just until cooked through. Quickly pull out a piece to test for doneness. Add the sauce, reduce heat to medium/low and simmer 3-4 minutes. It will thicken. Add broccoli and stir to combine. Stir in 1-2 Tbsp water to thin the sauce if desired.
How to make beef and broccoli stir fry?How to Make Beef and Broccoli: 1 Slice beef strips. 2 Make stir fry sauce. 3 Cook broccoli and remove from pan. 4 Cook beef. 5 Add stir fry sauce. 6 Return broccoli to the pan.
What is beef with Broccoli sauce made of?Beef with Broccoli. It’s a blend of Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry), soy sauce, oyster sauce (a viscous dark brown Asian condiment), chicken broth, sugar, and sesame oil. First combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of soy sauce with the corn starch and stir with a fork until the corn starch is dissolved.