LASAGNA ALLA BESCIAMELLA
- To make the meat ragu: Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Add the ground beef, sausage, salt, basil, Italian seasoning, oregano and pepper to taste and increase the heat to high. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned all over. Add the tomatoes. Pour some of the wine into the empty tomato boxes to rinse out the last bits of tomatoes and add to the pot, along with the remaining wine. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the sauce thickens and the flavors come together, about 1 hour. Add a healthy amount of black pepper.
- To make the besciamella: Heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering, then turn off the heat. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the flour to the butter and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and then loosens again, about 2 minutes. Add the hot milk, whisking constantly. Bring to a boil. Add the nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, whisking almost constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and use immediately.
- To make the lasagna: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread an even layer of the meat ragu over the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over the sauce lengthwise across the short side of the pan. Avoid overlapping or allowing them to touch the sides of the pan because they will expand as they cook. Press down slightly to let the sauce spread around them. Cover with one-quarter of the besciamella and sprinkle with one-third of the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Add another layer of ragu. Add 3 more noodles, arranging them in the opposite direction from the first layer and breaking 1 of the noodles in half if necessary to fit. Add one-quarter of the besciamella and half of the mozzarella. Make a third layer of ragu, noodles (alternating directions again), besciamella and one-third of the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Add another layer of ragu, then the remaining mozzarella, noodles (alternating the noodles again), besciamella and ragu.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake until heated through, about 35 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until the top is brown and bubbling, about 20 minutes more. During the last 10 minutes of baking, scatter the remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano all over. Let the lasagna stand for 10 minutes before serving.
BEEF 'N' SAUSAGE LASAGNA
This got rave reviews from my family. My daughter, Kirsten, said it was "better than Wise Guys" (a local restaurant) -- high praise! Country Woman via Taste of Home website. From the original contributor: "Here's a traditional lasagna with a dash of imagination. I make it different by using cream cheese and white cheddar. The layering is unusual, too, with meat on the bottom and cheese on top."
Provided by Ewokchef
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, cook beef, sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Set aside 1 cup spaghetti sauce; stir remaining sauce into meat mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- In a small saucepan, melt cream cheese over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in cottage cheese, eggs and parsley.
- Spread the meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles, cheddar cheese, 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning and cream cheese mixture. Layer with remaining noodles and reserved spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes more or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 590, Fat 39.3, SaturatedFat 19.5, Cholesterol 153.4, Sodium 1309.7, Carbohydrate 21.3, Fiber 1, Sugar 7.6, Protein 36.7
BEEF 'N' SAUSAGE LASAGNA
Here's a traditional lasagna with a dash of imagination. I make it different by using cream cheese and white cheddar. The layering is unusual, too, with meat on the bottom and cheese on top.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Set aside 1 cup spaghetti sauce; stir remaining sauce into meat mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. , In a small saucepan, melt cream cheese over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in cottage cheese, eggs and parsley., Spread the meat sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, cheddar cheese, 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning and cream cheese mixture. Layer with remaining noodles and reserved spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Italian seasoning. , Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes more or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
EASY ITALIAN SAUSAGE LASAGNA
This classic dish is a meal on its own, made special with Bob Evans Italian roll sausage
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until brown. Remove from heat and stir in pasta sauce and tomato sauce. In small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and Italian seasoning. Preheat oven to 375F. Spread 1 cup sauce into bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Top with 3 noodles. Cover noodles with 1/3 of ricotta cheese mixture, 1 cup of mozzarella and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers two more times. Add last 3 noodles. Top lasagna with remaining sauce and with remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan over mozzarella. Cover and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until noodles are tender. Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes to melt cheese.
MAKEOVER BEEF & SAUSAGE LASAGNA
The Taste of Home Test Kitchen trimmed the cholesterol and saturated fat in my original meat-lover's lasagna recipe, and came up with this healthier version. -Jacob Kitzman, Seattle, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Set aside 1 cup spaghetti sauce; stir remaining sauce into meat mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened., In a small saucepan, melt cream cheese over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cottage cheese, egg and parsley., Spread meat sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 3 noodles, Italian cheese blend, 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning and cream cheese mixture. Layer with remaining noodles and reserved spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Italian seasoning., Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298 calories, Fat 15g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 78mg cholesterol, Sodium 772mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ONE-POT SAUSAGE LASAGNA
Lasagna has never been easier! This quick riff on the classic pasta bake starts in your Dutch oven -- and stays there -- for a meaty, cheesy delight you'll want to make again and again.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 425°F. In medium bowl, mix ricotta and mozzarella cheeses; set aside.
- Place pasta sauce in large bowl; set aside. In 5-quart ovenproof Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, onion, salt and pepper in butter 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until sausage is cooked through and onion softens; drain. Stir sausage mixture into sauce in bowl.
- Spread 2 cups sauce mixture in bottom of same Dutch oven. Top with one-third of the lasagna noodles. Top with half of the ricotta mixture. Pour 1 cup of the reserved sauce mixture over ricotta mixture. Top with another one-third of the lasagna noodles. Top with remaining ricotta mixture. Top with remaining lasagna noodles, then top with remaining sauce mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover; bake 15 minutes. Remove cover; bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until pasta is tender and mixture is browned on edges. Top with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 15 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1350 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 1/2 g
CLASSIC AND SIMPLE MEAT LASAGNA
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add the lasagna noodles a few at a time, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Remove the noodles to a plate.
- Place the ground beef into a skillet over medium heat, add the garlic, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Cook the meat, chopping it into small chunks as it cooks, until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese, eggs, and Parmesan cheese until thoroughly combined.
- Place 4 noodles side by side into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan; top with a layer of the tomato-basil sauce, a layer of ground beef mixture, and a layer of the cottage cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice more, ending with a layer of sauce; sprinkle top with the mozzarella cheese. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese has melted, about 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese has begun to brown, about 10 more minutes. Allow to stand at least 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500.5 calories, Carbohydrate 47.1 g, Cholesterol 114.5 mg, Fat 19.3 g, Fiber 6.3 g, Protein 35.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.1 g, Sodium 999 mg, Sugar 12.4 g
ONE-STEP LASAGNA WITH SAUSAGE AND BASIL
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sauté beef and sausage in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, breaking up meats with back of spoon, about 4 minutes. Transfer meats to bowl.
- Combine spaghetti sauce, water and basil in large bowl. Spread 1 1/2 cups sauce mixture in bottom of 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Arrange 1/3 noodles, slightly overlapping if necessary, atop sauce. Spread half of ricotta over noodles. Sprinkle with half of mozzarella cheese, half of meat mixture and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Top with 1 1/2 cups sauce. Repeat layering with noodles, ricotta, mozzarella, meats and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange remaining noodles over. Spoon remaining sauce over, covering completely. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan. Cover tightly with heavy-duty foil. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake until noodles are tender and lasagna is heated through, about 1 hour. Uncover; let stand 15 minutes. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Rewarm covered in 350°F. oven about 45 minutes. ) Cut lasagna into squares and serve.
WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448.2 calories, Carbohydrate 36.5 g, Cholesterol 81.8 mg, Fat 21.3 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 29.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 1400.4 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
More about "beef n sausage lasagna recipes"
MEAT LASAGNA RECIPE WITH BEEF AND SAUSAGE - SAVOR THE …
Reviews 13Calories 606 per servingCategory Main Dish
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and cook for 6-7 minutes. Remove the pasta from the water and lay flat on a tray to cool.
- In a large saucepan, combine onion, celery and garlic, cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until soft. Add the ground beef and sausage and cook 5-6 minutes, breaking up the meat as it cooks, drain the fat off.
- Add oregano, onion powder, sage, salt and red pepper. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
CHEESY SAUSAGE AND BEEF LASAGNA - INSPIRED TASTE
Reviews 37Calories 597 per servingCategory Dinner, Main
BEEF 'N' SAUSAGE LASAGNA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
BEEF AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE LASAGNA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
LASAGNA RECIPE WITH SAUSAGE AND BEEF - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
BEEF & SAUSAGE LASAGNA ⋆ BOOKS N' COOKS
LASAGNA RECIPE WITH SAUSAGE AND BEEF - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
BEEF AND SAUSAGE LASAGNA RECIPE VIDEO - YOUTUBE
BEEF ‘N’ SAUSAGE LASAGNA | RECIPE | RECIPES, SAUSAGE LASAGNA, BEEF
BEEF 'N' SAUSAGE LASAGNA
BEEF AND SAUSAGE LASAGNA RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
10 BEST LASAGNA WITH BEEF AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPES - YUMMLY
THE BEST LASAGNA RECIPE EVER! | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SAUSAGE AND BEEF LASAGNA RECIPE - SUGAR SPICES LIFE
CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNA WITH GROUND BEEF AND SAUSAGE
BEEF AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE LASAGNA RECIPE - EAT SIMPLE FOOD
LASAGNA RECIPE WITH SAUSAGE AND GROUND BEEF RECIPES
BEEF AND SAUSAGE LASAGNA RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CREAMY BEEF AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE LASAGNA - MANILA SPOON
BEEF N SAUSAGE LASAGNA - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BEEF 'N' SAUSAGE LASAGNA (GROUND BEEF AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE) ... RECIPE
BEEF AND SAUSAGE LASAGNA | WILLIAMS-SONOMA TASTE
BEST HOMEMADE LASAGNA WITH SAUSAGE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
BEEF 'N' SAUSAGE LASAGNA RECIPE - KEEPRECIPES
SOUTHSIDE BEEF SAUSAGE LASAGNA - SOUTHSIDE MARKET & BARBEQUE
BEEF ‘N SAUSAGE BOW TIE LASAGNA - WOMAN'S WORLD
30+ LASAGNA RECIPE WITH SAUSAGE AND BEEF || RECIPESFORDINNER.US
LASAGNA WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND GROUND BEEF RECIPES
PERFECT SAUSAGE AND BEEF LASAGNA RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
LASAGNA RECIPE SAUSAGE AND GROUND BEEF : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION …
LASAGNA WITH BEEF AND SAUSAGE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is beef and sausage lasagna?This beef and sausage lasagna is a delicious, meaty main course that only needs a green salad to complete the meal. It is also a great dish for a large crowd or potluck!
What is the best way to cook a lasagna?A hearty, flavorful lasagna filled with sausage and beef for the meat sauce. The creamy cheese layer has a blend of cottage cheese and ricotta mixed with herbs. this is sure to be a family favorite. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and cook for 6-7 minutes.
How to cook meatloaf with sausage sauce?Directions In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Set aside 1 cup spaghetti sauce; stir remaining sauce into meat mixture. In a small saucepan, melt cream cheese over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Spread the meat sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
What kind of cheese is in meat lasagna?Here is a hearty, flavorful meat lasagna recipe layered with sausage and beef tomato sauce and a blend of cheese. The creamy cheese layer in this meat lasagna is a blend of cottage cheese and ricotta mixed with freshly chopped herbs. This dinner meal is bound to be a family favorite!