TURKEY WILD RICE SOUP
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine chicken broth, water, green onions and wild rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Allow to cool and then crumble. Set aside.
- When rice is tender, melt the margarine in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper all at once. Cook, stirring, until smooth and bubbly. Stir in half-and-half and cook until thickened, 2 minutes. Stir half-and-half mixture into rice mixture. Stir in bacon, turkey and sherry. Heat through and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 409 calories, Carbohydrate 17 g, Cholesterol 55.6 mg, Fat 29.8 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 17.9 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 1137.4 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
TURKEY WILD RICE SOUP
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery and onion; cook and stir until tender., Stir in flour until blended; cook until bubbly. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened., Stir in remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts :
TURKEY AND WILD RICE SOUP
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring once or twice, until well browned, about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and cook until melted. Add the leeks and carrots and season with 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the thyme and stir to combine. Add the chicken broth, lemon zest, bay leaves and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium to maintain a simmer. Add the turkey and wild rice; simmer until the rice is just tender, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach and simmer until wilted, about 1 minute. Discard the bay leaves and lemon zest and stir in the lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Divide the soup among bowls.
SMOKED TURKEY WITH WILD RICE
- For the stock: Remove the skin from the turkey. Remove the meat from the bones, cut the meat into a medium dice and reserve for later use. Place the bones in a large stock pot. Add 3 gallons water, the chicken base and liquid smoke. Simmer for 4 hours then strain through cheesecloth. Cool and then skim off the fat from the top of the liquid.
- For the soup: Roast the red peppers. Place the peppers under the broiler until the skins become charred. Then place the peppers in a container and cover with a lid. Sweat the peppers until the skin peels off easily. Remove the skin and seeds. Dice the peppers, celery, carrots and onions. Set aside.
- Cook the wild rice in 8 cups water for approximately 1 hour.
- To assemble, melt the butter in large pot. Add the diced carrots, celery and onions. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the flour and cook another 5 minutes. Add the 3 gallons of turkey stock and simmer about 15 minutes. Place in a blender and puree the vegetables. Put the puree back into the pot and add the diced turkey, roasted peppers and rice. Stir in the half-and-half.
- Serve while hot.
TURKEY AND WILD RICE SOUP
My dear friend Shirley shared this recipe with me several years ago. Every time I think of her, I make the soup. I sometimes add a cup of cheddar cheese at the end and melt it in for an extra measure of comfort. -Carol Brault, Woodville, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a saucepan, combine rice and water; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30 minutes., Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion, celery and carrot; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until almost tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir 2 minutes. Gradually stir in broth and undrained rice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened., Add cream, salt and rosemary; return to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in turkey; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338 calories, Fat 19g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 98mg cholesterol, Sodium 832mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
TURKEY WILD RICE SOUP II
This soup will warm your home and your heart. True Northern comfort food. Save Thanksgiving and Christmas turkey leftovers just so that you can make this yummy soup. I created this recipe using leftovers that I had frozen.
Provided by Galynn
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Bring the wild rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender but not mushy, 40 to 45 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid, fluff the rice with a fork, and cook uncovered 5 minutes more. Set the cooked rice aside.
- Melt the butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion and celery until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour, and cook until it turns a pale yellowish-brown color, 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in the turkey stock until no lumps of flour remain. Stir in the carrot. Bring the mixture to a simmer, and cook, whisking constantly, until the stock is thick and smooth and the carrot is tender, about 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the wild rice, turkey, salt, pepper, and almonds. Return to a simmer, and cook 2 more minutes to heat the ingredients. Stir in the lemon juice and half-and-half; bring the soup almost to a boil, and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252.2 calories, Carbohydrate 14.4 g, Cholesterol 60.9 mg, Fat 15.2 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 14.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 794.5 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
TURKEY AND WILD RICE SOUP
Betty Crocker's Heart Healthy Cookbook shares a recipe! Looking for a hearty and warm dinner? Enjoy this turkey soup made with rice - ready in 40 minutes.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt butter in 5-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in oil and flour with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in water, turkey, water, broth, mushrooms, onion, rice and rice seasoning packet.
- Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer about 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in soy milk; heat just to boiling. Remove from heat. Sprinkle each serving with almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 480 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "turkey wild rice soup recipes"
TURKEY AND WILD RICE SOUP RECIPE WITH THYME - NOURISHED ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory SoupServings 6-8Total Time 40 mins
- Warm the olive oil in an enameled cast iron skillet over medium heat. Toss in the onion, celery and carrots, and sprinkle the salt over them. Stir to coat the vegetables in olive oil, and cover the pot with a lid. Turn down the heat to medium-low and allow the vegetables to sweat for five to six minutes, or until the onions turn translucent.
- Uncover the pot, and stir in the chopped turkey and the wild rice. Drop the fresh thyme into the pot at simmer for twenty to thirty minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Using tongs, pluck out any tough stems of thyme, and discard them. Adjust the soup's seasoning, and serve hot.
CREAMY TURKEY WILD RICE SOUP | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (4)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Main Course, SoupCalories 414 per serving See details »
TURKEY WILD RICE SOUP | LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN
5/5 (6)Total Time 452469 hrs 12 minsServings 6Calories 213 per serving
- When hot add onions, carrots, celery and salt and pepper to the pot and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
WILD RICE AND LEFTOVER TURKEY SOUP - THE SEASONED MOM
4.8/5 (14)Total Time 1 hrCategory DinnerCalories 272 per serving
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to soften (about 3 minutes).
- Add chicken broth, rice, and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer (covered) for about 35 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery. Return to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender (about 10-15 more minutes). Stir in cooked turkey and simmer just until heated through.
TURKEY AND WILD RICE SOUP | MEATEATER COOK
Cuisine AmericanCategory MainServings 6
- Preheat a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, drop in a tablespoon of butter. When the butter foams, add the onions and sauté until soft. Add the carrots and celery. Continue to cook for an additional few minutes before adding the garlic. Cook for one more minute or until fragrant.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir to combine. Squeeze in lemon juice and pour in the chicken stock, scraping up any bits of fond at the bottom of the pot.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the pot simmer for 30 minutes. The rice should almost be cooked through, and the liquids slightly reduced.
TURKEY WILD RICE SOUP | BROWN EYED BAKER
4.5/5 (14)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory SoupCalories 280 per serving
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the broth, rice, and bay leaf, cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low, add the turkey, and simmer until the rice is cooked through and tender, about 45 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf then stir in parsley, salt and pepper and serve.
HEARTY TURKEY WILD RICE SOUP SLOW COOKER | THE DOMESTIC ...
5/5 (1)Category SoupCuisine AmericanTotal Time 4 hrs 45 mins See details »
CREAMY TURKEY WILD RICE SOUP | DIVAS CAN COOK THE BEST!
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
LEFTOVER TURKEY & WILD RICE SOUP - MOUNTAIN MAMA COOKS
5/5 (26)Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
- In a large stock pot, melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook about 10 minutes until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the turkey stock, soy sauce, and bay leaf. Stir to break up any flour bits. Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring soup to a boil. Turn heat back down to medium and let simmer for 30 minutes.
TURKEY AND WILD RICE SOUP - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
5/5 (2)Servings 6 See details »
CREAM OF TURKEY & WILD RICE SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
4.7/5 (67)Calories 378 per servingTotal Time 35 mins See details »
TURKEY AND WILD RICE SOUP RECIPE - ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH
Reviews 7Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
LEFTOVER TURKEY & WILD RICE SOUP - EARTH, FOOD, AND FIRE
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hrCategory SoupCalories 2611 per serving See details »
CREAMY TURKEY AND WILD RICE SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (18)Calories 203 per servingServings 8 See details »
TURKEY AND WILD RICE SOUP RECIPE - IAN KNAUER | FOOD & WINE
Servings 12Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Meat & Poultry Recipes, Turkey See details »
TURKEY AND RICE SOUP | THE CAREFREE KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Category SoupCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins See details »
TURKEY WILD RICE SOUP RECIPE (THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS IDEA ...
Ratings 50Calories 327 per servingCategory Soup See details »
ONE POT TURKEY WILD RICE SOUP - JO COOKS
4.6/5 (71)Calories 335 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch, Soup See details »
LEFTOVER TURKEY AND WILD RICE SOUP - HAPPY HEALTHY MAMA
4.9/5 (24)Calories 335 per servingCategory Soups See details »
TURKEY CHOWDER WITH WILD RICE ... - RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3.5/4 (70)Servings 8Cuisine American See details »
CREAMY ONE POT LEMON AND WILD RICE SOUP - ALL THE HEALTHY ...
See details »
TURKEY WILD RICE SOUP RECIPE
See details »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #bisques-cream-soups #soups-stews #holiday-event #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something
You'll also love