THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE BY TASTY
There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies. Number one: Don't use chips; instead, opt for a mix of milk or semisweet and dark chocolate chunks. The second is to let the dough rest overnight or longer for a more complex, toffee-like flavor. Lastly, use an ice cream scooper to get even-sized cookies every time. And that's it! With these little tweaks, the result is a cookie that's textured on the outside, and soft and gooey on the inside. Absolutely perfect!
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Yield 12 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula (Be careful not to overmix, which would cause the gluten in the flour to toughen resulting in cakier cookies).
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavor will be.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches (10 cm) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 cm) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
- Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273 calories, Carbohydrate 34 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 23 grams
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These cookies are crispy at the edges, chewy in the center, and loaded with 2 kinds of chocolate. Feel free to add 2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans to the dough.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 24
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, 6 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-low and beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla. Mix in flour mixture just until incorporated; fold in chocolate chips and chunks.
- Using a 1/4-cup ice-cream scoop or a large spoon, drop dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet (you should have 24) and refrigerate 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Arrange 6 unbaked cookies, 3 inches apart, on each of two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until edges are light golden brown, 17 to 18 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool. Bake remaining dough using new parchment.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 331 g, Fat 16 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g
THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
Everyone has a favorite type of chocolate chip cookie-a little crispy, a little chewy-but they all have to begin with a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe. This is the best place to start! -Megumi Garcia, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips., Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 115mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 124.7 calories, Carbohydrate 15.5 g, Cholesterol 17.9 mg, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 63.1 mg, Sugar 10.2 g
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
This is such an easy chocolate chip cookie. No special equipment, no creaming -- a perfect cookie to do with kids. We love how versatile this dough is, too. It makes an awesome rocky road bar cookie.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 30 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. (on convection setting if you have it.) Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone sheets. (If you only have 1 baking sheet, let it cool completely between batches.)
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on medium power until melted. (Alternatively melt in a small saucepan.) Cool slightly. Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon; take care not to over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared pans. Wet hands slightly and roll the dough into balls. Space the cookies about 2-inches apart on the pans. Bake, until golden, but still soft in the center, 12 to 16 minutes, depending on how chewy or crunchy you like your cookies. Transfer hot cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. Serve.
- Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.
- For a Rocky Road Bar:
- Lightly butter a 9 by 13-inch baking pan. Make the batter as per cookie recipe and fold in 1 cup chopped walnuts along with the chocolate chips. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake until the edges are light brown and the batter sets, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly and cover surface with 4 cups marshmallows and 1 cup chocolate chips. Broil at least 8 inches from the heat until marshmallows turn golden brown, about 2 minutes. (Keep an eye on the marshmallows, and turn the pan frequently--they go from golden to char in a wink.) Cool, cut and serve.
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Use a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer to beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar on low speed, about 30 seconds. Add in the eggs one at a time. Add the dry ingredients a little at time and beat to combine. Set aside about 1/4 cup of the dark chocolate chips for the topping, then mix in the remaining dark chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chunks.
- Portion extra-large balls of dough with a 1-cup ice cream scoop on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. With the reserved dark chocolate chips, press a few chips right on top of each ball. This will help to get little pools of chocolate. Place 4 to 5 balls of dough on each prepared baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least an hour and up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake one sheet of cookies at a time, until the edges and spots on top are golden but the insides are still slightly doughy, 15 to 18 minutes.
WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
There's not much to say...the name says it all. These are better than Toll House in our book. I make these every Christmas and it is my standard Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Provided by Karen..
Yield 6 dozen cookies, 72 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients together and gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Roll into 1 1/4" balls and place on non-stick cookie sheets, about 2" apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.8 calories, Carbohydrate 38.9 g, Cholesterol 35.8 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 165.8 mg, Sugar 25.1 g
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
We named this recipe "Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies," because it's got everything a cookie connoisseur could possibly ask for. With a texture that is slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, it's a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that's been top-rated by hundreds of satisfied home cooks.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon about 1 minute or until fluffy, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until blended (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store covered in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 10 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "ultimate chocolate chip cookies recipes"
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER! | THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.8/5 (12)Total Time 13 minsCategory Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together cream butter, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and drop on a parchment or sillpat lined cookie sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (THE BEST) | RICARDO
5/5 (612)Total Time 23 minsCategory DessertsCalories 250 per serving
THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | CANADIAN LIVING
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - CRISCO
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE EVER - …
Category DessertCalories 183 per serving
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE | LAURA IN THE ...
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (you can do this by hand using a hand held whisk but this way truly is easier) cream together the butter with both kinds of sugar for about a minute on medium speed, then add the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix for a couple minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients along with both kinds of chocolate and continue to mix just until they are incorporated, place the dough in a bowl, cover and pop it in the fridge for an hour.
THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - COOKIES AND CUPS
4.9/5 (12)Total Time 28 minsCategory CookiesCalories 482 per serving
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter and all the sugars together for 30 seconds on low speed. Turn the mixer up to medium speed and mix for 4 minutes until combined and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
OUR 11 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - THE NEW YORK TIMES
Author Margaux LaskeyPublished 2021-05-12
- Jacques Torres’s Chocolate Chip Cookies. “OMG these cookies are as good as buying them at the bakery!” This is what people are talking about when they refer to “The New York Times’s chocolate chip cookie recipe.”
- Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies. “These cookies are always a huge hit EVERY time I make them, which has been at least 2 dozen times.” Impossibly tender and savory-sweet, these cookies were adapted from the chef Danielle Oron, a New Jersey native with Israeli roots who grew up drizzling her bowls of vanilla ice cream with lightly nutty tahini.
- Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. “This is it. The only chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ll ever need.” Legend has it that Ruth Wakefield accidentally invented the chocolate chip cookie at the Toll House Inn, her popular restaurant in eastern Massachusetts.
- Giant Crinkled Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Cookies the size of your face, and they’re perfect.” This recipe from the baker and blogger Sarah Kieffer features a clever technique: banging the pan on the counter a couple of times during baking.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Lost count of how many times I’ve made these, always to rave reviews.” Almond flour is the only special ingredient required to make this gluten-free version of the Jacques Torres recipe.
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. “These were soooo good! Even my husband, who is not a vegan, said they were delicious.” Erin Jeanne McDowell baked more than 50 batches of cookies in her quest to develop a worthy vegan version of the famous Jacques Torres chocolate chip cookie.
- Salted Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies. “I am seriously in love with these cookies.” The internet went wild for these chocolate chip shortbread cookies from Alison Roman when they were first published in her 2017 cookbook, “Dining In: Highly Cookable Recipes.”
- The $250 Cookie Recipe. “In our home, this is the cookie by which all other cookies are judged i.e. ‘ This other cookie is good, but not as good as the $250 cookie.
- Quintessential Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Didn’t think I would ever need another chocolate chip cookie recipe, but this one really takes the cake!” This easy, foolproof chocolate chip cookie recipe from Sherry Yard, the former executive pastry chef at Spago, has more than 3,000 five-star ratings.
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies. “This is a fantastic cookie. The texture was wonderful — slightly crisp on the edges and chewy on the inside.” For domed cookies ideal for gifting, try this recipe from Ravneet Gill.
THE BEST SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ...
4.9/5 (223)Category Dessert
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar together on medium speed until combined and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Add into the wet ingredients, then beat on low speed until combined. The cookie dough will be slightly thick. On low speed, beat the chocolate chips. Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (Always recommended for cookies.) Set aside.
- Once chilled, the dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together when you work the dough with your hands. Roll balls of dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough each, into balls.
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
11 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. This fan-favorite recipe makes large cookies with crispy edges and chewy centers—perfect for dunking in a cold glass of milk.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pecans. Adding chopped pecans to this classic chocolate chip cookie recipe gives them a nice crunch and nutty element that compliments the sweet chocolate perfectly.
- Big Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies. This basic chocolate chip cookie recipe makes a big batch—about 5 to 6 dozen. They freeze well, so you can sock some away for later.
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you avoid dairy, try this tasty chocolate chip cookie recipe that uses shortening instead of butter, and dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Try these delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies that contain no eggs, dairy, or animal products of any kind. The kids will never notice the difference, and you’ll find yourself making them over and over again.
- Chocolate Chip Icebox Cookies. These slice-and-bake cookies have more of a shortbread texture than the traditional kind, studded with ground chocolate chips that distribute more evenly in the dough.
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. With rolled oats, bran flakes, and less sugar than many other chocolate chip cookies, these tasty treats are healthier than the traditional.
- Chocolate Chip Lava Cookies. This rich and decadent chocolate chip cookie has a gooey molten center, like the cookie version of the popular molten lava cake.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you can’t choose between chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies, make this delicious cookie recipe, so you don’t have to.
- Lower-Calorie Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. While chocolate chip cookies are never a diet food, this recipe has fewer calories than the traditional for those trying to watch what they eat, along with oats for texture and nuttiness.
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE THE WORLD'S GREATEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
ORIGINAL NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Total Time 24 mins
THE BEST EVER VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - ALL BEST RECIPES
THE BEST EVER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES, BAKERY-STYLE ...
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE · DELICIOUSLY ELLA
HOW TO MAKE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - RECIPES EASY ...
BEST BUTTERY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - ALL INFORMATION ...
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #for-large-groups #drop-cookies #desserts #cookies-and-brownies #dietary #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a chocolate chip cookie?In a medium bowl, use a fork to stir flour with baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until creamy, about 1 min. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture, until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
How to make chocolate chip cookies with semisweet chocolate?1 1 cup butter, softened. 2 1 ½ cups white sugar. 3 2 eggs. 4 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. 5 2 cups all-purpose flour. 6 ⅔ cup cocoa powder. 7 ¾ teaspoon baking soda. 8 ¼ teaspoon salt. 9 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips. 10 ½ cup chopped walnuts (Optional) Add all ingredients to shopping list.
What kind of sugar do you use to make chocolate chip cookies?Use a mix of Sugars: Cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together. This process aerates the butter, which promises soft chocolate chip cookies. Brown sugar yields soft chocolate chip cookies and white sugar helps the cookies spread. For chewier and more flavorful cookies, use more brown sugar than white sugar.
How to make toll house chocolate chip cookies?Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.