ULTIMATE LEMON POUND CAKE
Here is another one of those 'triple lemon' pound cakes, & this recipe comes from the 2001 cookbook, Luscious Lemon Desserts. Be sure to read carefully both the ingredients list & directions before starting anything!
Provided by Sydney Mike
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- FOR THE CAKE: Making sure there is a rack in the middle of the oven, preheat oven to 300 degrees F, then butter & flour a 10" (12-cup) Bundt pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder & salt together TWICE.
- In a large bowl & with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter until light & fluffy.
- Gradually beat in 1 3/4 cups of sugar, about 3 tablespoons at a time, & continue beating until light & fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low & add flour mixture alternately with the milk, in batches, beginning & ending with the flour.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the zest & both extracts.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan & smooth top with a rubber spatula, & bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- FOR THE HOT SYRUP TOPPING: Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring 1/2 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons lemon zest & lemon juice to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Turn cake out onto the rack & IMMEDIATELY brush the hot syrup over the hot cake.
- Let brushed cake cool to room temperature, then cut into wedges & ENJOY!
ULTIMATE LEMON CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and lemon juice. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- To make the hot lemon glaze: In a saucepan, combine 3 cups confectioners' sugar and 1/2 cup lemon juice. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Keep mixture warm until ready to use.
- To make the Icing Glaze: In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1 1/2 cups of confectioners' sugar. If mixture is too thin, add more sugar until desired consistency is reached.
- Assemble the cake: Pour 3/4 of hot lemon glaze over warm cake while it's in the pan. Let cake cool for 60 minutes, then remove from pan. Reheat the remaining hot lemon glaze to the boiling point, then brush glaze onto the top and sides with a pastry brush. Using a fork, drizzle Icing Glaze over cake. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 635.6 calories, Carbohydrate 115.1 g, Cholesterol 201.9 mg, Fat 18.1 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 279.5 mg, Sugar 88 g
LEMON LOVER'S POUND CAKE
Everyone raves about this pretty dessert-and it sure doesn't last long with my family. It also freezes beautifully, so why not make two and pop one into the freezer for another day? -Annettia Mounger, Kansas City, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon juice, zest and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined., Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely., For icing, in a small bowl, beat the sour cream and butter until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Beat in lemon juice and zest. Drizzle over the cake. If desired, top with additional grated lemon zest. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 658 calories, Fat 26g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 146mg cholesterol, Sodium 286mg sodium, Carbohydrate 101g carbohydrate (76g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
LEMON POUND CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 6-cup loaf pan and line it with parchment or waxed paper. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream the butter. Add 1 cup of the sugar and mix. With the mixer running at low speed, add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla.
- Working in alternating batches, and mixing after each addition, add the dry ingredients and 1/4 cup of the lemon juice to the butter mixture. Mix until just smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake until raised in the center and a tester inserted into the center comes out dry and almost clean (a few crumbs are OK), 65 to 75 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 1/3 cup sugar and the remaining 1/3 cup lemon juice until the sugar is dissolved.
- When the cake is done, let cool in the pan 15 minutes (it will still be warm). Run a knife around the sides of the pan. Set a wire rack on a sheet pan with sides (to catch the glaze) and turn the cake out onto the rack. Peel off the waxed paper.
- Using a turkey baster or pastry brush, spread glaze all over the top and sides of the cake and let soak in. Repeat until the entire glaze is used up, including any glaze that has dripped through onto the sheet pan. Let cool at room temperature or, wrapped in plastic wrap, in the refrigerator (Well wrapped, the cake will last up to a week). Serve at room temperature, in thin slices.
More about "ultimate lemon pound cake recipes"
MOIST LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE THAT WILL KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF
4.3/5 (21)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 38 mins
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. You will then grease your bundt pan, mine was a 6 cup size.
- Now in a stand mixer, you will want to cream your butter, 1 cup of granulated sugar, and mix well. This will take 2-5 minutes. Then turn the blender to low, and add in one egg at a time, followed by your vanilla.
LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE: SO MOIST & THE LEMONY-EST EVER ...
4.3/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 510 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, generously mist a 10-cup bundt pan with non-stick spray, and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the lemon extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice, mixing on medium speed until smooth.
BEST LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE (STEP BY STEP, FROM …
4.3/5 (12)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 418 per serving
THE ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE- THE …
Ratings 436Calories 494 per servingCategory Dessert
- Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. If it is too runny, add a bit more sugar or if it is too thick, add a little bit more lemon juice. You want to consistency to coat the back of a spoon but slide off easily.
LEMON POUND CAKE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine American, SouthernTotal Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory DessertsCalories 313 per serving
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or beaters), cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again.
HOMEMADE LEMON POUND CAKE | I HEART RECIPES
5/5 (11)Category Dessert / Treat
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together at a medium speed.
- Once the sugar, butter, and cream cheese are creamed together, add in the eggs, but one egg at a time.
REAL SOUTHERN LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE - DIVAS CAN COOK
4/5 (98)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Cake
10+ LUSCIOUS LEMON POUND CAKES | ALLRECIPES
Author Hayley SuggEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
THE ULTIMATE LEMON CAKE RECIPE (BEST LEMON POUND CAKE ...
THE BEST POUND CAKE RECIPES ONLINE FROM GRANDBABY CAKES!
ITALIAN LEMON POUND CAKE IS THE ONLY LEMON CAKE RECIPE YOU ...
LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE - BEST DESSERTS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 240 per serving
- In a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, add all cake ingredients to the bowl. Mix on low for 30 seconds then mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
CLASSIC LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY ...
Ratings 5Calories 451 per servingCategory Dessert
- Line a 5-inch by 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, in a way to create handles on the side. To be able to lift the loaf easily once it's done. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
SCRUMPTIOUS LEMON POUND CAKE • FIVEHEARTHOME
5/5 (70)Calories 404 per servingCategory Dessert
- Arrange a rack in the center position of the oven and preheat to 325°F. Generously grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. In another large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugar. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- With the mixer set to low speed, alternately add half of the flour mixture, half of the sour cream, and then the remaining flour mixture, sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon extract. Mix until all ingredients are just combined, taking care not to overmix.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, smooth the top with a spatula, and firmly tap the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes (up to 1 hour hour and 30 minutes) until a few moist crumbs stick to a toothpick inserted in the center. Cool cake in the pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire to finish cooling completely.
LEMON POUND CAKE (VIDEO) - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
5/5 (6)Calories 536 per servingCategory Dessert
- Sift the 3 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Then set it aside for later.￼￼
- In a separate bowl combine 1 cup unsalted softened butter with 2 cups granulated sugar. It works best to do this using an electric hand mixer. It may seem like a lot of sugar but trust me, this loaf is big. So the extra sweetness is necessary.
- Once the sugar and butter are combined mix in 2 tablespoons lemon zest, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, and 3 eggs.
- Now mix in 1/3 of the buttermilk. You will need a total of 1 cup, but only add 1/3 cup at first. Once it's mixed, add in a third of the flour mixture. Continue interchanging a third of the buttermilk and a third flour of the mixture with mixing in between. This will ensure the batter is smooth and not lumpy.
ICED LEMON POUND CAKE LOAF (BEST RECIPE EVER) - SAVVY ...
3.9/5 (11)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Breakfast, DessertCalories 279 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. and gather your ingredients and supplies. Add the paddle attachment to your stand mixer.
- Pour the sugar into the mixer bowl and add the stick of butter. Blend until fluffy; about 4 minutes on medium speed
- Beat in the eggs, lemon juice & zest (loaf portions). Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder, and gradually add that in. Slowly add in the milk and once the batter comes together, scrape the sides down, and give it a final mix.
- Pour the batter into the parchment-lined loaf cake and bake for 40-45 minutes. The top of the loaf will be raised, slightly golden brown, and firm to the touch. A toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf should come out clean once ready.
BEST LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LEMON …
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 45 mins
THE BEST LEMON POUND CAKE - JULIA RECIPES
5/5 (15)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 310 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C & place rack in middle position. Butter and line with parchment paper loaf pan 9 × 5 inch.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, lemon juice and milk and mix with electric mixer or whisker until smooth.
OUR BEST POUND CAKE RECIPES | EPICURIOUS
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsPublished 2015-05-07
- Quatre-Quarts au Chocolat de Juliette (Chocolate Pound Cake) This delicious cake uses chocolate instead of the more usual cocoa, and the cake is baked in a water bath.
- Swans Down 1-2-3-4 Pound Cake. How to die and go to buttery heaven in one cake. Get This Recipe.
- Lemon-Buttermilk Bundt Cake. Crunchy crust, soft interior. Opposites never seemed so attractive. Get This Recipe.
- Chocolate-Coconut Pound Cake. Time to get on the coconut craze. Coconut oil and the tenderizing power of buttermilk make this the ultimate chocolate pound cake.
- Espresso Pound Cake with Cranberries and Pecans. Think espresso glaze and cranberries are a unlikely topping combination? Think of it like your morning oatmeal and a sweet cup of coffee.
- Elvis Presley's Favorite Pound Cake. This tender pound cake is moist like butter without falling apart. Get This Recipe.
- Pound Cake with Grand Marnier-Poached Apricots. How can a cake be dense and airy at the same time? That's the magic of pound cake. Achieving the perfect pound cake interior isn't impossible.
- Brown Sugar and Chocolate Chip Pound Cake with Maple-Espresso Glaze. The name is a mouthful, and it fits. This maple and chocolate pound cake gets a nice jitter of caffeinated goodness.
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake. Just because it's a basic cake doesn't mean it's boring. A cream cheese frosting will make sure of that. Get This Recipe.
- Rhubarb-Pistachio Bundt Cake With Rose Glaze. Think pink. Think about this cake. Layers of blushing rhubarb and a rose water glaze pop with color. Now you won't stop thinking about it.
LEMON POUND CAKE – THE BEST OF BRIDGE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ULTIMATE LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE - BAKING.FOOD.COM | LEMON ...
5/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 12Total Time 1 hr 55 mins
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT LEMON BUNDT CAKE | TASTE OF HOME
Author Lisa KaminskiEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
CARBQUIK LEMON POUND CAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SIMPLE LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE| #MANITOBA #TASTYFOOD # ...
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #desserts #eggs-dairy #fruit #cakes #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #citrus #lemon #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions