ULTIMATE MAC AND CHEESE
This is America's favorite comfort food - tender macaroni, rich and cheesy sauce and a crisp crumb topping.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 15 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package for al dente pasta. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
- 2. Melt butter in same saucepan on medium heat. Sprinkle with flour and seasonings. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until well blended. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Stirring constantly, cook 3 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Add macaroni; toss gently to coat. Pour into greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Mix panko and paprika; sprinkle evenly over top.
- 3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
ULTIMATE MACARONI AND CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package for al dente pasta. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
- Melt butter in same saucepan on medium heat. Sprinkle with flour and seasonings. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until well blended. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Stirring constantly, cook 3 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Add macaroni; toss gently to coat. Pour into greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Mix panko and paprika; sprinkle evenly over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 413.1 calories, Carbohydrate 36.4 g, Cholesterol 64.9 mg, Fat 22.2 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 19.2 g, SaturatedFat 13.5 g, Sodium 550 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
ULTIMATE MAC 'N' CHEESE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: bacon, garlic, panko breadcrumbs, fresh chives, fresh parsley, butter, flour, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, dry mustard powder, cayenne pepper, macaroni, cheddar cheese, gruyère cheese, colby jack cheese, smoked gouda cheese, provolone cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded cheddar cheese
Provided by Pierce Abernathy
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook the bacon crispy and the fat has rendered.
- Add the garlic, bread crumbs, chives, and parsley. Stir and cook until the bread crumbs are toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pot.
- In the same pot on medium heat, melt the butter. Sprinkle in the flour and stir until combined.
- Add the evaporated milk and bring to a simmer. Season with salt, pepper, mustard powder, and cayenne. Whisk to incorporate and smooth any lumps. The sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the cheddar, Gruyère, Colby Jack, Gouda, and provolone cheese, then fold the cheeses into the pasta. If it seems too dry, add more milk to your liking.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with the shredded mozzarella and cheddar.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the mac 'n' cheese is bubbly, melted, and golden brown on top.
- Serve with a sprinkle of the bread crumb mixture for added flavor!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 656 calories, Carbohydrate 63 grams, Fat 33 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 34 grams, Sugar 11 grams
ULTIMATE MACARONI CHEESE
Learn how to make perfect macaroni cheese every time with this recipe
Provided by Angela Nilsen
Categories Dinner, Main course
Yield Serves 4 generously, with enough for seconds
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Making macaroni cheese is a bit of a juggling act, so it's easier if you get a few things prepared ahead. Finely grate all the cheeses, keeping them separate. Tear the bread into pieces and whizz in a food processor to coarse crumbs. Mix 25g of the cheddar and one-third of the parmesan into the breadcrumbs. Toss the rest of the cheeses together and set aside. Thickly slice the tomatoes. Butter a dish, about 30 x 20 x 5.5cm. Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Put a pan of water on to boil. Tip the macaroni into the boiling water, stir and bring it back to the boil. Simmer for 8 mins, or cook according to pack instructions, stirring occasionally to stop it sticking. While this is cooking, start the sauce.
- Warm the milk in a jug in the microwave (or in a pan). Melt the butter in a pan (big enough to take the macaroni as well), then stir in the flour. Cook for 1 min, stirring, then take off the heat. Pour in one-third of the warm milk and beat well with a wooden spoon until smooth - it is quite thick at this stage. Add another third - it may go a bit lumpy, but keep beating well and it will go smooth again. Pour in the final third of milk and keep beating until smooth.
- When the macaroni is done, tip it into a colander and put it briefly under very hot running water to keep it separate. Drain. Put the pan of sauce back on the heat and cook, stirring, until thickened and smooth. Lower the heat and simmer for about 4 mins until glossy, stirring every now and then. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese and mustard, then beat in 5 tbsp milk, or enough to give a slack coating consistency. Taste and season (you shouldn't need much salt). If the macaroni is sticking at all, put it under the hot tap again, then stir to separate. Drain well, then gently mix it into the sauce and stir to coat completely. If necessary, adjust the consistency again with milk. There should be enough sauce to coat the macaroni thickly and liberally.
- Tip the macaroni cheese into the buttered dish, scatter over the cheesy crumbs and lay the tomatoes casually over the top. Heat through in the oven for 12-15 mins until beginning to bubble around the edges. Grill for 3-5 mins to brown the crumbs. Let it all settle for 1-2 mins, then serve while still piping hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 819 calories, Fat 42 grams fat, SaturatedFat 26 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 78 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 12 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 36 grams protein, Sodium 2.03 milligram of sodium
TYLER FLORENCE'S ULTIMATE MAC AND CHEESE
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the macaroni and cook for 8 to 9 minutes, until al dente. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan heat the milk with the thyme springs and 2 garlic cloves. Melt the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly, to keep lumps from forming. Strain the solids out of the milk and whisk it into the butter and flour mixture. Continue to whisk vigorously, and cook until the mixture is nice and smooth. Stir in the 4 cups of the cheese and continue to cook and stir to melt the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked macaroni and the parsley and fold that all in to coat the macaroni with the cheese mixture. Scrape into a 3 quart baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- While that bakes, heat a saute pan. Add the bacon, render the fat and cook until crispy. Add onion, garlic and thyme leaves and cook for about 5 minutes to soften the onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, scatter the bacon mixture over the mac and cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 953.1, Fat 54.1, SaturatedFat 31.7, Cholesterol 157.1, Sodium 856.1, Carbohydrate 72.3, Fiber 3, Sugar 3, Protein 43.7
ULTIMATE MACARONI AND CHEESE
Provided by Food Network
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a saucepan over low heat, add oil then the onions sweat until translucent. (no color) Add the butter. When butter is melted, stir in the flour, stir until smooth. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, heat the milk and wine until it boils. Remove from the heat, stir in the paprika, cheese, season to taste with nutmeg, white pepper, and salt. Mix in your cooked macaroni and serve immediately. Note: If you like to turn this dish into a casserole, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, place the macaroni and cheese into a casserole dish, sprinkle 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese on top, then sprinkle 1 tablespoon dried bread crumbs on top of the cheese. Cook for approximately 4 minutes or until lightly brown.
ULTIMATE MACARONI AND CHEESE
I saw this one on the Today show and is a fast favorite of mine. It has EIGHT types of cheese! It's very rich and tasty, makes a huge casserole, and is a big hit at family gatherings.
Provided by Picture Witch Erin
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until slightly al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to keep warm.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Combine the eggs with the Velveeta, butter, and 2 cups of the half-and-half in a large bowl.
- Add the warm macaroni, tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the remaining half-and-half, 3 cups of the sharp yellow cheddar (reserve 1 cup), the remaining grated cheeses, and salt and pepper.
- Toss until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole or baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with the remaining 1 cup of yellow cheddar cheese and bake an additional 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2049, Fat 131.2, SaturatedFat 78.4, Cholesterol 738.3, Sodium 1726.1, Carbohydrate 127.8, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 6.1, Protein 88.7
More about "ultimate mac n cheese recipes"
ULTIMATE MACARONI & CHEESE | MCCORMICK
OUR 10 BEST MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
ULTIMATE BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE - SERENA BAKES …
BEST MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - ULTIMATE MAC AND CHEESE
ULTIMATE BAKED MAC & CHEESE - CHEF ZEE COOKS
ULTIMATE MAC 'N' CHEESE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook pasta according to package directions in a large pot of boiling, well-salted water until tender to the bite, 7 to 12 minutes. Drain, but do not rinse.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, melt 2 tbsp. butter. Add shallots and cook until light golden, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle shallot-butter mixture with flour; cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Add wine and stir, picking up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add cream and stir well. Sprinkle in cheeses, one large handful at a time, stirring until each handful is mostly melted before adding the next. Stir in 2 tbsp. chives, mustard, 1/4 tsp. salt, cayenne, and nutmeg. Stir cooked pasta into cheese mixture, then pour all into a 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a food processor, pulse bread with remaining 1 1/2 tbsp. butter, 1 tsp. chives, and 1/4 tsp. salt until coarse bread crumbs form. Sprinkle bread crumbs over pasta and cheese and bake until top is browned and cheese is bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes.
ULTIMATE MAC AND CHEESE (SMALL BATCH FOR 2) - GARLIC & ZEST
15 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THE ULTIMATE BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - OVER THE TOP!
HOW TO MAKE THE ULTIMATE MACARONI CHEESE - EASY CHEESY …
ULTIMATE MAC N' CHEESE - THE HOMESTEAD MOM
ULTIMATE MAC N' CHEESE | ALL-BRAN*
ULTIMATE BAKED MACARONI & CHEESE RECIPE | HANDLE THE HEAT
ULTIMATE MACARONI 'N' CHEESE - THE COUNTRY DISH
ULTIMATE CREAMY BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE - SEASONS …
ULTIMATE MAC AND CHEESE: THE BEST RECIPE - COOKTHINK
THE ULTIMATE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - CHEF JEAN PIERRE
ULTIMATE MAC N' CHEESE | RECIPE - KELLOGG'S
THE ULTIMATE LIST OF HOMEMADE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES
THE ULTIMATE MAC AND CHEESE - JO COOKS
ULTIMATE MAC 'N CHEESE - THE HUNGRY MOUSE
ULTIMATE MAC 'N' CHEESE RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
ULTIMATE MAC & CHEESE RECIPE - BITE MY KITCHEN
THE ULTIMATE LADY'S CHEESY MAC AND CHEESE - PAULA DEEN
ULTIMATE MACARONI & CHEESE | CLUB HOUSE CA
ULTIMATE MAC ‘N CHEESE CASSEROLE FOR TWO
THE ULTIMATE MACARONI AND CHEESE | HOW TO FEED A LOON
ULTIMATE MACARONI CHEESE RECIPE VIDEO | JAMIE OLIVER
CREAMY BAKED MAC AND CHEESE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
ULTIMATE MAC-N-CHEESE. RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
THE ULTIMATE MAC & CHEESE — CLODAGH MCKENNA
THE ULTIMATE MAC N CHEESE RECIPE S.PELLEGRINO YOUNG CHEF COOKBOOK
HOW TO MAKE THE ULTIMATE MAC & CHEESE.... BECAUSE IT'S IMPORTANT
ULTIMATE MAC N CHEESE RECIPES - FOOD HOUSE
THE ULTIMATE HOMEMADE MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
DAVID VENABLE’S ULTIMATE MACARONI AND CHEESE - TEMP-TATIONS LLC.
ULTIMATE MACARONI AND CHEESE | CANADIAN LIVING
THE ULTIMATE MAKEOVER: MACARONI CHEESE RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
ULTIMATE 30 MINUTE MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - MOM'S BISTRO
You'll also love