UMAMI RICE BOWL
A delicious, flavorful, and savory rice bowl with tilapia and mushrooms. Enjoy! I ate it before I thought to take a picture. I will have a picture added next time I make this, which will be soon because it is soooooo good.
Provided by Nikolas Oliver Mitchell
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring 2 cups water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mushrooms, 1/2 cup water, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in a large skillet. Cook over high heat until water has completely evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons butter and saute on high heat until mushrooms are browned. Reduce heat to medium. Season with 1 pinch garlic powder and red pepper flakes; push mushrooms to one side and add tilapia fillets.
- Season tilapia fillets with remaining 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 pinch garlic powder and 1 pinch black pepper. Pour remaining 1/4 cup water into the skillet and cover immediately. Cook over medium heat, flipping halfway through, until tilapia is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes. Uncover skillet and allow water to fully evaporate. Remove from heat.
- Top mushrooms and tilapia with parsley. Chop tilapia into chunks using a spatula.
- Divide cooked rice between 2 bowls and add 1 tablespoon butter to each. Top first with mushrooms, then tilapia chunks. Serve with Sriracha sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 719 calories, Carbohydrate 86.7 g, Cholesterol 101.9 mg, Fat 25.7 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 35.8 g, SaturatedFat 15.1 g, Sodium 1033.9 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
DOENJANG SALMON RICE BOWL
This speedy meal is for seekers of the sweet-salty, known as dan-jjan in Korean. Doenjang, a glorious Korean fermented soybean paste, anchors the sauce with funk and umami. This sauce, balanced with sweet mirin and tangy rice vinegar, both marinates and lacquers salmon, which is quick-roasted. Cutting the fish into cubes allows more surface area for the salmon fat to render quickly, while the centers cook to a medium-rare, melt-in-your-mouth tenderness, a satisfying contrast to the still-crunchy, just-charred onions. This soul-warming breakfast, lunch or dinner tastes best with white rice, kimchi and whatever other accompaniments you might enjoy.
Provided by Eric Kim
Categories weekday, seafood, main course
Yield 2 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium bowl, whisk the brown sugar, oil, doenjang, mirin and vinegar until the sugar and doenjang dissolve. Season with salt and pepper. Add the salmon to the marinade and turn with your fingers to evenly coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes and up to 8 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat the oven to 425 degrees. Add the onion slices to a sheet pan or shallow baking dish. Dump the salmon and its marinade over the onion and toss to combine. Arrange the salmon and onion in a single layer.
- Roast until the doenjang glaze bubbles like hot lava along the edges of the pan and the salmon is opaque but still slightly pink in the center, rotating the pan halfway through, 9 to 12 minutes. Divide the rice then the salmon among bowls and serve with kimchi, if desired.
SALMON-SHIITAKE RICE BOWLS
Here's a sure-fire way to up your rice bowl game for an easy weeknight dinner. Umami, the fifth flavor we can't get enough of shows up in both the sautéed shiitake mushrooms and the miso paste that is used in the glaze on the buttery salmon.
Provided by Lauryn Tyrell
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Whisk miso with 1 tablespoon each honey and vinegar in a shallow vessel. Add salmon, turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Toss cucumber with 1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand 10 minutes, then drain. Toss with remaining 1 teaspoon honey and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add 1 3/4 cups water; season. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add peas and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Preheat broiler. Scrape marinade off salmon; place on a broiler pan and broil until blackened in places and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Let cool; serve with rice and cucumber.
More about "umami rice bowl recipes"
SAVORY UMAMI BOWL | LUNDBERG FAMILY FARMS
30 RICE BOWL RECIPES | MYRECIPES
UMAMI BOMB TOFU - DARN GOOD VEGGIES
30-MINUTE KOREAN GROUND BEEF AND RICE BOWLS
VEGAN BUDDHA BOWL WITH FORBIDDEN RICE - UMAMI GIRL
EASY KOREAN BEEF RICE BOWLS (30 MINUTES!)
UMAMI HOISIN BEEF AND RICE BOWL - KIKKOMAN HOME COOKS
Servings 4Total Time 25 mins
25 RICE BOWL RECIPES YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS - INSANELY …
5/5 (1)Category Dinner, Recipe Roundup
BUY MELAMINE BLACK MATTE RICE BOWL - UMAMICART.COM
VEGETARIAN BIBIMBAP RECIPE (KOREAN RICE BOWL) - I HEART …
UMAMI NOODLE BOWL RECIPE | MONCHEF
VIRAL SALMON RICE BOWL - UMAMICART.COM
MELTY CHEESE BEEF RICE BOWL – UMAMI DAYS
20 RICE BOWLS FOR QUICK AND DELICIOUS MEALS
SOFT AND FLUFFY CRAB EGG RICE BOWL | UMAMI RECIPE
HOW TO BUILD A BETTER RICE BOWL - SERIOUS EATS
OYAKODON CHICKEN RICE BOWL (GLUTEN-FREE, PALEO)- I HEART UMAMI®
12 COMFORTING RICE BOWL RECIPES FOR WEEKNIGHT DINNERS
RICE BOWL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
OYAKODON, CHICKEN AND EGG RICE BOWL - UMAMI-HIKARI.COM
SALMON CURRY RICE BOWL – UMAMI DAYS
NINBEN CO., LTD.
GYUDON (BEEF BOWL) | SMART RECIPES WITH UMAMI | UMAMI …
ASIAN RICE BOWL RECIPE WITH SLOW-COOKED, MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH …
UMAMI RICE BOWLS - POSTS | FACEBOOK
NINBEN CO., LTD.
JAPANESE SALMON RICE BOWLS: EASY DINNER RECIPE - UNPEELED
UMAMI TOPPING CRUNCHY GARLIC CARBONARA UDON | RECIPES | S&B …
KOREAN-STYLE RICE BOWL RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
6 OF THE BEST JAPANESE DONBURI (RICE BOWLS) YOU MUST TRY …
EDAMAME BOK CHOY RICE BOWL - SHARON PALMER, THE PLANT …
MISO MUSHROOM BOWL | FEASTING AT HOME
RECIPE & VIDEO: GYUDON (JAPANESE BEEF BOWL) - UMAMI INSIDER
UMAMI KIMCHI FRIED RICE WITH FRIED EGG RECIPES
CITRUS DRESSING FOR SALADS AND SUSHI RICE BOWLS - UMAMI GIRL
UMAMI VEGGIE BOWL | RECIPE IN 2022 | VEGGIE BOWL, VEGGIES, …
EASY FORBIDDEN RICE BOWL RECIPE (2022) FULL GUIDE
ASIAN RICE BOWL (VEGAN) WITH SESAME SOY DRESSING
TERIYAKI MUSHROOM RICE BOWLS - DELICIOUS RECIPES
14 UMAMI BOWLS IDEAS | COOKING, COOKING RECIPES, RECIPES
BEEF RICE BOWL (肥牛饭) - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
CHICKEN KATSU DON - CHICKEN CUTLET RICE BOWL - TIFFY COOKS
UMAMI BOWL RECIPE — SOFIA LUZ ECKRICH
CHICKEN AND EGG RICE BOWL | UMAMI RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, …
HOW TO MAKE OYAKODON WITH PERFECT UMAMI - +81.RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the best recipes for rice bowls?With over 10 recipes for rice bowls, you can't go wrong. Tasty Korean beef cooked with onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame. This huevos rancheros bowl combines beans, rice, and saucy eggs. This dish strikes a perfect balance between protein, starch, and flavor. If you like Dynamite sushi rolls, try this version over rice.
How to cook rice with mushrooms and soy sauce?Bring 2 cups water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, combine mushrooms, 1/2 cup water, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in a large skillet.
What are some good umami ingredients?There is a harmony of Umami in this dish. Scallops, chorizo, cauliflower and Parmesan cheese are all good Umami ingredients accentuated by the tangy sauce made with scallop coral or roe, the orange part.⠀ Silky smooth cauliflower mash is a... This is a great go-to summer meal, or addition to a summer meal, that is super quick to prepare.
What is umami girl?Umami Girl features hundreds of much-loved, well-tested, 5-star recipes. These are our favorite family recipes, family-friendly recipes, quick and easy dinners, kitchen projects, cocktails, desserts, and more.