The easiest way to create your favourite bakery treat at home!
Provided by Libby Hakim
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to hot (200 degrees celsius, fan-forced).
- Grease and line a square cake tin with baking paper (approx 20 x 20cm). Leave sides of baking paper longer so you can lift slice out using the paper.
- Cut two frozen puff pastry sheets so they are just a little larger than the cake tin.
- Grease and line two baking trays with baking paper. Place a puff pastry square on each tray and then add another layer of baking paper on top of the pastry square.
- Place another baking tray on top of each tray (to flatten the pastry during the baking process) and place in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and then place one sheet of puff pastry into the prepared cake tin. Trim the sides a little with a sharp knife to fit if necessary.
- Prepare custard filling by combining dessert mix, milk and cream. Whisk until mixture thickens.
- Pour custard mix into the cake tin on top of the first pastry layer and smooth out evenly using the back of a metal spoon. Place the second pastry sheet on top of the custard mixture and press down gently. Place into fridge for half an hour.
- Combine icing sugar, butter, half of the boiling water and pink food colouring. Whisk to combine and continue adding water gradually until you have a mixture that's just runny enough to pour.
- Pour icing over top of slice and smooth out evenly with a butter knife. Place slice back in fridge to set for another half hour.
- When set, ease the entire slab of slice from the tin using the overhanging paper. Slice into 9 squares using a sharp serrated knife.
- Store in the fridge for up to three days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 632 kcal, Carbohydrate 47 g, Protein 6 g, Fat 47 g, SaturatedFat 22 g, Cholesterol 97 mg, Sodium 182 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 21 g, TransFat 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 23 g, ServingSize 1 serving
Thick and rich custard between puff pastry sheets makes a wonderful snack or dessert.
Provided by Kaybee
Categories Desserts Pies No-Bake Pie Recipes Pudding Pie Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Unfold puff pastry sheets, and place flat onto baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and puffed. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, custard powder and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Mix in just enough milk to form a paste, then gradually mix in the rest. This will prevent lumps from forming. Add the butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until thick. You may need to use a whisk to ensure a smooth consistency. When the mixture comes to a simmer, cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, and stir in the egg yolks and vanilla.
- Line a 9 inch baking dish with aluminum foil. Place one of the baked pastry sheets in the bottom of the dish. Spread the custard filling in an even layer over the pastry, and top with the other sheet.
- Mix the confectioners' sugar with 1 tablespoon of milk, and a dash of vanilla to make an icing. Spread over the top of the pastry. Refrigerate until the custard layer is firm. Remove from the pan and slice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357.7 calories, Carbohydrate 47.5 g, Cholesterol 39.7 mg, Fat 16.6 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 130.5 mg, Sugar 24.2 g
EASY CHEAT'S VANILLA SLICE RECIPE
Make this cheat's Vanilla Slice recipe in just 5 minutes! With vanilla instant dessert mix sandwiched between two layers of crisp biscuits, it's a no-fuss recipe guaranteed to impress.
Provided by Wandercooks
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pour the milk and cream into a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the vanilla instant dessert mix and beat until thick and creamy (around 1-2 mins).
- Line a square baking dish with baking paper and place a 3x3 grid of SAO biscuits into the tray. Pour whipped dessert mix into the centre, gently pressing it out towards the edges and smoothing out the top as you go.
- Top with another 3x3 grid of SAO biscuits. Pop in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar, then cut into slices by gently running a knife between the biscuits.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268 kcal, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 2 g, Fat 18 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Cholesterol 51 mg, Sodium 195 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 13 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CUSTARD (VANILLA) SLICE
Easiest and yummiest custard slice you'll ever make! One of my friends is addicted to it and I have to bring it to every Girl's Night we have or else! My dad says it's the best he's ever tasted. You can try adding cocoa powder to make a choc custard. I haven't tried that yet.
Provided by katej76
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place piece greaseproof paper onto a flat biscuit tray and spray with cooking spray. Put a sheet of puff pastry on tray and pierce all over with a fork, but don't go all the way through pastry.
- Put in oven about 200°C until puffed up and golden.
- Let cool for a few minutes and gently push pastry down (I use a teatowel so my hands don't get burned) so it's flat. Take it off baking tray and remove paper.
- Put pastry into a square dish that has been greased and lined with greaseproof paper. If pastry too big trim the sides a little. It should be a snug fit.
- Bake second sheet of pastry, remove the paper and set pastry to one side until custard is done.
- For the custard, put the sugar and custard powder into a large saucepan and mix together with a wire whisk.
- Add the milk and mix to combine well.
- Put saucepan on stovetop and heat on medium high until mixture begins to thicken, then lower the heat until mixture is very thick and hard to stir. I find using the wire whisk until mix begins to thicken prevents lumps, then use a spoon to stir it.
- Add vanilla and mix well then pour into prepared dish.
- Smooth top so it's even and put 2nd pastry sheet on top.
- The icing amount depends on how thick a layer you want it, but I usually melt about 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 teaspoon boiling water. Then I add icing sugar, passionfruit pulp and a bit of water or lemon juice until it's the right consistency and amount--you don't want it too runny.
- Pour the icing on top and put in fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 258.1, Fat 13.9, SaturatedFat 4.3, Cholesterol 8.5, Sodium 106.5, Carbohydrate 29.2, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 12.8, Protein 4.2
In New Zealand, I would always love going to the bakery to buy a vanilla slice. Now that I have moved to England, we can't get them anymore. I found this recipe in a cookbook my Mummy had hidden away, and the memories came pouring back
Provided by Perfect Pixie
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Line a 23cm square slab pan with foil, bring foil up to overlap sides of pan.
- Place pastry sheets on lightly greased oven trays.
- Bake in a hot oven about 6 minutes, or until well browned.
- Gently flatten pastry with hand.
- Fit 1 pastry sheet in prepared pan.
- Combine sugar, cornflour and custard powder in pan.
- Gradually stir in milk. Stir until smooth.
- Add butter and stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Simmer, stirring, about 3 minutes or until very thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in yolks and essence.
- Pour hot custard over pastry in pan.
- Top with remaining sheet of pastry, flat side up.
- Press down slightly.
- Spread pastry with passionfruit icing.
- Cut when set.
- FOR THE ICING:.
- Sift icing sugar into small heat-proof bowl.
- Stir in butter, passionfruit juice and enough water to make a stiff paste.
- Stir icing over hot water until spreadable.
- Recipe can be made a day ahead.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Do not freeze or microwave.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 750.8, Fat 36.1, SaturatedFat 13.4, Cholesterol 76.9, Sodium 278.1, Carbohydrate 98.2, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 55.4, Protein 10.2
Provided by lukeworrell1
Yield Serves 10
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ÃÂ° C (400ÃÂ° F - Gas 6)
- Leave the pastry at room temperature for a little while before rolling
- Cut the contents of packet in half and roll out each piece into 30 cm squares
- Place each square on an un-greased baking tray and stab all over with the tines/prongs of a fork to lessen the chance of it rising too much
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until browned
- Carefully trim each sheet to about 23 cm square and pat any risen areas back down with your hands
- Line a 23 cm square baking tray with tin-foil and allow plenty of overlap for easy removal
- Place one sheet of the pastry in the foil
- Add the sugar, cornflour and custard powder to a cold saucepan, add a little milk and combine to a paste
- Whisk in the remaining milk and mix well
- Add the butter, heat the pan and gently bring to the boil, stirring often
- Reduce the heat, stir in the vanilla essence and simmer for 3 minutes to thicken
- Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl and then whisk into the pan
- Pour the hot custard over the first piece of puff pastry, cover with the second sheet and pat down so it comes into contact with the custard everywhere
- Lemon icing
- Beat the lemon juice and zest in with the butter. It may help to microwave the butter for a few seconds to soften first
- Beat in the icing sugar and add a little water if needed
- Allow the sandwich to cool then spread the icing evenly over the top
- Chill in the refrigerator
More about "vanilla slice recipes"
CLASSIC QUEEN VANILLA SLICE RECIPE | QUEEN FINE FOODS
Servings 16Total Time 50 minsEstimated Reading Time 8 mins
CLASSIC VANILLA SLICE - SO EASY! - WWW.THESCRANLINE.COM
4.5/5 (46)Calories 560 per servingCategory Dessert
THIS 2-INGREDIENT VANILLA SLICE RECIPE SENT THE INTERNET INTO A FRENZY
VANILLA CUSTARD SLICE | DONNA HAY
NO BAKE VANILLA SLICE RECIPE - 4 INGREDIENTS | THE WHOOT
VANILLA SLICE | DESSERT RECIPES | SBS FOOD
VANILLA SLICE - 4 INGREDIENTS
GRANDMA'S PUDDINGS | VANILLA SLICE
VANILLA SLICE - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
TRADITIONAL VANILLA SLICE RECIPE - THE WHOOT
VANILLA SLICE RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
VANILLA SLICE | COMMUNITY RECIPES | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
LOW-CARB VANILLA SLICE - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
VANILLA SLICE RECIPE | EASY, CREAMY VANILLA SLICE DESSERT | AEROPLANE ...
VANILLA SLICE - BAKING BITES
VANILLA SLICE RECIPE
VANILLA CUSTARD SLICE – RECIPE FROM YUMMIEST FOOD COOKBOOK
KETO VANILLA SLICE | GLUTEN FREE - MAD CREATIONS HUB
10 BEST VANILLA SLICE WITH CUSTARD POWDER RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY AND HEALTHY VANILLA SLICE RECIPE - OSTRALI.COM
HOW TO MAKE A TRADITIONAL VANILLA SLICE RECIPE | BETTER HOMES AND …
21 BEST SLICE RECIPES - BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS
VANILLA CUSTARD SLICE RECIPE - THE COOKING COLLECTIVE
VANILLA SLICE RECIPE - KEEFCOOKS.COM
VANILLA SLICE - RECIPE - THE ANSWER IS CAKE
LEMON VANILLA CUSTARD SLICE - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
BEST FLUFFY VANILLA SLICE @ NOT QUITE NIGELLA
OLD FASHIONED SLICE RECIPES - BAKE PLAY SMILE
VANILLA SLICE RECIPE DONNA HAY – THE PERFECT DESSERT
10 BEST VANILLA SLICE WITH NO CREAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
CLASSIC VANILLA SLICE | PAMPAS
VANILLA SLICE | TRADITIONAL SWEET PASTRY FROM AUSTRALIA
HOMEMADE VANILLA SLICE - BUSH COOKING
VEGAN VANILLA SLICE - BEST OF VEGAN
EASY VANILLA SLICES | LOVEFOODIES
REVEALED: THE EASIEST AND BEST VANILLA SLICE YOU'LL EVER MAKE
VANILLA SLICE RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
VANILLA SLICE (UPTOWN VERSION) RECIPE – JOE PASTRY
VANILLA SLICE - EVERYDAY GOURMET
EASY VANILLA SLICE - BARGAIN MUMS
CUSTARD SLICE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
VANILLA SLICE RECIPE | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #south-west-pacific #pies-and-tarts #desserts #eggs-dairy #fruit #dinner-party #holiday-event #kid-friendly #vegetarian #eggs #dietary #gifts #comfort-food #new-zealand #taste-mood #number-of-servings #presentation #served-cold
You'll also love