VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS
These easy homemade vegan sausage rolls are the best I've ever tasted. This Australian vegetarian recipe includes walnuts and can be made gluten-free.
Provided by Nikki Stokes, Eating Vibrantly
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Soak almonds overnight (optional).
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Mix flax and water in a small bowl and allow to thicken.
- Process onion, parsley and walnuts until chunky.
- Add almond feta cheese (from above), braggs, flax mix, breadcrumbs (if using), oats and yeast and process until smooth.
- Put mix in the fridge for an hour or two to thicken up.
- Cut a sheet of thawed puff pastry in half, and spread 3tbsp (60g) of mix along one long edge.
- Roll pastry around mix and seal with milk.
- Cut into four, brush with milk and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Cook immediately at 210°C (410°F) for 20 minutes or freeze and cook later at 210°C (410°F) for 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 2 sausage rolls, Calories 138 kcal, Carbohydrate 10.9 g, Protein 3.7 g, Fat 9.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 134 mg, Fiber 2.2 g, Sugar 0.8 g, UnsaturatedFat 7.8 g
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS
Pack a picnic, or deck out a buffet table with these moreish vegan sausage rolls, made with mushrooms, brown rice miso, mustard and sage
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Buffet, Lunch, Snack
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Tip the mushrooms into a food processor and pulse until they are very finely chopped. Put half the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the leeks along with a pinch of salt and fry gently for 15 mins or until softened and golden brown. Scrape the leeks out of the pan, into a bowl and set aside to cool a little.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the mushrooms for 10 mins over a medium heat. Add the garlic, sage, miso and mustard, and fry for a further minute. Leave to cool slightly.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip the mushroom mixture into the bowl with the leeks, then add the chestnuts and breadcrumbs. Season, then mix everything together until you have a slightly stiff mixture.
- Unravel the pastry on a floured surface, then roll the pastry out so that one side measures 43 cm. Mould the mushroom and leek mixture into a sausage shape down the centre of the pastry, then bring the pastry up around the filling and seal along the seam with a fork. Cut into ten pieces. Lay on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush each piece with milk. Bake for 25 mins or until deep, golden brown. Leave to cool a little and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 27 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 1 milligram of sodium
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS
Easy vegan sausage rolls with crispy puff pastry and a bold, mushroom and soy-based sausage filling. Makes a perfect packed lunch or super quaint picnic!
Provided by Richard Makin
Number Of Ingredients 20
- In a medium saucepan, bring the stock to a boil and add the soya mince. Cook for 15 minutes.
- While the soya mince cooks, heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add the vegetable oil. Once hot, add the red onion and cook for a few minutes, making sure the onion doesn't burn. Add the garlic and cook for another few minutes.
- Drain the soya mince and add it to the pan along with the finely cubed mushrooms and cook for around 5 minutes or until the mushrooms have started to give up a lot of moisture and they're lightly starting to brown.
- Add the miso, rosemary, soy sauce, marmite, black pepper and balsamic vinegar. Stirring regularly, cook for a few minutes until the mushrooms are nicely browned.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch and the water until smooth with no lumps. Add the corn starch slurry to the pan and stir until well combined. The mixture should start to clump together more.
- Spread out the filling mixture on a baking tray and leave it to cool down for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- While the mixture is cooling, preheat the oven to 180c.
- Unroll the puff pastry and slice it in half length-ways. Once the filling is cool, use a dessert spoon to spread a line of the sausage mixture down the centre of each strip of pastry, leaving around a centimetre gap to the left and around 3cm gap to the right (see picture above).
- Fold the dough over in half, covering the filling and seal the cut edge by pressing a fork along the length.
- Slice each strip of pastry into 5 and arrange on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Whisk together the plant milk, agave syrup and oil then brush over the top of each sausage roll. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, then place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, rotating the tray half-way through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for ten minutes before serving. These guys are best served hot, so if you're eating them the next day, stick them in the oven at 100c for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190 calories, Carbohydrate 17 grams carbohydrates, Fat 12 grams fat, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1 grams, Sodium 441 grams sodium, Sugar 2 grams sugar, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams unsaturated fat
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS
Seasoned vegan sausage rolled in puff pastry and baked to a flaky golden brown. Use as bite-sized hot appetizers or as a meal.
Provided by Monica Davis
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Take your pastry puff sheets out of the freezer about 40 minutes before making your sausage rolls and allow them to warm up and become pliable.
- Preheat your oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Mix 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds and 4 tablespoons water together and set aside to get thick and sticky.
- Peel and finely chop a small onion and add it to 2 tablespoons of cooking oil. Sprinkle with a little salt and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes until they become translucent.
- Add water, soy sauce, oregano, fennel seeds, and cayenne to the onions and bring to a boil.
- As soon as it starts to boil, turn off the heat and add TVP, mix well and cover for 5 minutes to allow the TVP to soak up all of the broth.
- Add your flax mixture and chopped fresh parsley then stir well.
- Lay your pastry puff sheets flat and cut along the fold lines so that each of the 2 sheets is cut into 3 long pieces.
- Form a long tube of sausage down the center of each pastry puff sheet.
- Brush one long edge with aquafaba, then take the opposite side and fold it over the sausage filling and press it onto the brushed edge.
- Use your fingers to press the edge together and seal in the sausage.
- Cut the sausage rolls into the desired sizes. (I usually cut them about 1 1/2 inches long for appetizer-sized pieces.) Remember they will puff up a lot when they are baked.
- Cut a small slice in the top of each sausage roll and brush the tops with aquafaba.
- Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart and bake at 375° F (190° C) for 25 minutes until they are puffed up and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 roll, Calories 114 kcal, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 3 g, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 1 g, Sodium 129 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 5 g
VEGETARIAN SAUSAGE ROLLS
Try our flavourful vegetarian sausage rolls, packed with mushrooms, chestnuts, leeks and cheese. They're perfect for a picnic or served with salad for lunch
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Buffet, Lunch, Snack, Supper
Yield Makes 8
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put the mushrooms in a food processor and pulse until they're very finely chopped.
- Put half the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the leeks along with a pinch of salt. Fry gently for 15 mins or until softened and golden brown. Scrape the leeks out of the pan and into a bowl. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the mushrooms for 10 mins over a medium heat. Add the garlic, sage, miso and mustard and fry for another minute, then leave to cool slightly.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Combine the mushroom mixture with the leeks in a bowl, add the chestnuts, cheese and breadcrumbs. Season lightly to taste (the miso and leeks will add salt, so don't add too much) and work everything together until you have a slightly stodgy mixture.
- Unravel the puff pastry on a floured surface, then roll out so one side measures about 40cm. Push the mushroom mixture down the centre of the pastry. Bring the pastry around the mixture and seal the edges with a fork, then cut into 8 pieces. Lay on a lined baking sheet and brush each one with the beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins until deep, golden brown. Allow to cool a little before eating.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286 calories, Fat 18 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 21 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 0.9 milligram of sodium
More about "vegan sausage rolls recipes"
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS - SIMPLY HEALTHY VEGAN
5/5 (7)Total Time 40 minsCategory SnacksCalories 107 per serving
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil and fry the chopped onions until they begin to brown. Set aside
- If you don’t have breadcrumbs then blitz 2 slices of wholegrain bread in your food processor until they turn to breadcrumbs. Add the walnuts and spice mix and blitz again until they are processed and mixed in with the breadcrumbs.
- Next add in the wet ingredients; The Friend Onions, Tofu, minced garlic, tomato paste, soy sauce and liquid smoke and blend until combined. you do not want to over blend as the mixture won’t hold together when you make your sausage rolls. Blitz until combined.
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLL RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER VEGAN RECIPES
MUSHROOM SAUSAGE ROLLS - VEGAN FOOD & LIVING
EASY SAUSAGE ROLLS - VEGAN AUSTRALIA
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS | THE VEG SPACE - EASY VEGAN …
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE - THE RAVENOUS FLEXITARIAN
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS - SO VEGAN
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS - FROM THE COMFORT OF MY BOWL
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS (GLUTEN-FREE) - RHIAN'S RECIPES
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE - THE EDGY VEG
SPICY VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
THE BEST VEGETARIAN SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS (GREGGS COPYCAT) – FEAST GLORIOUS FEAST
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS | THE VEGAN SOCIETY
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS - VEGAN RECIPES | VEGANUARY
VEGAN NO-SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE | MY GOODNESS KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE A VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLL (NOT SAUSAGE ROLLS)
VEGETARIAN SAUSAGE ROLLS THAT MEAT EATERS LOVE TOO!
VEGAN SASUAGE ROLLS RECIPE WITH TOFU - EASY TO MAKE AND DELICIOUS
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS - LAZY CAT KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLL RECIPE - BONDI HARVEST
MINI VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS - LAZY CAT KITCHEN
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS | NARROWBOAT CHEF
SAUSAGE ROLL MAKER RECIPES
FANCY VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS – CRAZY VEGAN KITCHEN
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS WITH LENTILS FILLING
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS - HOT FOR FOOD BY LAUREN TOYOTA
KICKASS VEGAN TOFU SAUSAGE ROLLS – CRAZY VEGAN KITCHEN
MIGUEL BARCLAY’S VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS VEGETARIAN RECIPE
EASY VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS - THE LITTLE BLOG OF VEGAN
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS – TALA COOKING
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS - A VEGGIE COOKS
PRUE LEITH'S VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS - THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE …
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS (WITH FRESH VEG + BEAN FILLING)
VEGETARIAN SAUSAGE ROLLS - GLUTEN-FREE HEAVEN
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS | CLASSIC BAKES
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS - PINCH OF NOM
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS EVERYONE LOVES - SIMPLY CEECEE
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS - JO'S KITCHEN LARDER
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS - WWW.THESCRANLINE.COM
VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS | FOODBYMARIA RECIPES
You'll also love