AFRICAN PEANUT SOUP
This oddly wonderful combination of ingredients make a surprisingly different and delicious soup that everyone will enjoy! Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top and some crusty bread for dipping. YUM!
Provided by PIETOGO
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium high heat. Cook onions and bell peppers until lightly browned and tender, stirring in garlic when almost done to prevent burning. Stir in tomatoes, vegetable stock, pepper, and chili powder. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in rice, cover, and simmer another fifteen minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in peanut butter until well blended, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222 calories, Carbohydrate 23.5 g, Fat 12.2 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 7.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 558.5 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
VEGETARIAN AFRICAN PEANUT SOUP
- In a medium Dutch oven or stock pot, bring the broth to a boil. Add the onion, ginger, garlic and salt. Cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- In a medium-sized, heat-safe mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and tomato paste, then transfer 1 to 2 cups of the hot stock to the bowl. Whisk the mixture together until smooth, then pour the peanut mixture back into the soup and mix well.
- Stir in the collard greens and season the soup with hot sauce to taste. Simmer for about 15 more minutes on medium-low heat, stirring often.
- Serve over cooked brown rice if you'd like, and top with a sprinkle of chopped peanuts.
More about "vegetarian african peanut soup recipes"
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #soups-stews #vegetables #african #vegan #vegetarian #nuts #stews #dietary #one-dish-meal #greens #peanut-butter
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What to make with African peanut soup?This Vegetarian African Peanut Soup with Sweet Potatoes is a perfect, comforting recipe, full of sweet and nutty flavors. In a 4 quart soup pot, heat the peanut oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and diced sweet potatoes. Sauté over medium heat until soft, 5-7 min. Add the broth, tomatoes with juice, peanut butter, tomato paste, and cayenne.
How do you make peanut soup with peanut butter and carrots?Place the vegetable stock in a 3-quart pot over medium-high heat. Add all the remaining ingredients, except the peanut butter, cilantro, and peanuts, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove about 1 cup of the liquid and place it into a small bowl. Add the peanut butter and stir until creamy.
How is vegan peanut soup made?How is vegan peanut soup made? It’s really quite simple; onion, garlic, chilis, and ginger are cooked down with spices before adding tomatoes, stock, and peanut butter (or more traditionally ground toasted peanuts). Finally, collard greens (or another green of your choosing) are cooked in until tender.
Is African peanut stew vegan or vegetarian?Our Vegetarian African peanut stew is a version that would be most likely to be seen in the Côte d’Ivoire, or Ivory Coast, along the western coast of Africa. If you love African peanut soup (and you’re not vegetarian), you’ll want to give our African Peanut Stew with Chicken a try!