These easy-to-make enchiladas are filled with beans, spinach and cheese. Serve them with rice on the side.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings (2 enchiladas each)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the sauce: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, chile powder, cumin and cayenne, and continue to cook, stirring, until the spices are toasted, about 1 minute. Add 2 cups water, the tomato puree and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and bring to a simmer. Continue cooking until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly (it should be looser and thinner than marinara sauce), 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- For the filling: Squeeze all the excess moisture out of the spinach. Put it into a large bowl with the pinto beans, and squeeze with your hands to combine and smash up the beans a little. Add half of both the Cheddar and the pepper Jack, half of both the sour cream and the scallions and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, and stir to combine.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Lay the tortillas out on a work surface, and spread 1 side of each with about 1 teaspoon of tomato sauce. Put about 1/4 cup of the filling across the middle of each tortilla. Roll each up, then shingle them in 2 even rows in the baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the rolled tortillas, and sprinkle with the remaining cheeses. Cover the baking dish loosely with foil, and bake until the cheeses are melted and the filling is hot, about 30 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking to heat completely through, about 10 minutes more.
- For the topping: Whisk together the remaining sour cream, the lime juice and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Drizzle the mixture over the baked enchiladas, and sprinkle with the remaining scallions.
VEGETARIAN MEXICAN LASAGNA
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapenos, bell pepper, and garlic; cook and stir until onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add salsa, black beans, corn, chili powder, and cumin. Bring to a simmer; let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine 2 cups pepper Jack cheese, ricotta cheese, spinach, egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Place 6 corn tortillas in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Add 1/2 of the vegetable mixture using a slotted spoon, followed by 1/2 of the cheese and spinach mixture. Add a layer of 6 tortillas and follow with remaining vegetables and remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining tortillas. Spread enchilada sauce across the top and remaining pepper Jack cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411.4 calories, Carbohydrate 40.1 g, Cholesterol 70.2 mg, Fat 20.8 g, Fiber 7.7 g, Protein 19.4 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 862.9 mg, Sugar 4 g
VEGETARIAN ENCHILADA LASAGNA
Just playing around in the kitchen the other day, I tossed a few ideas into one large baking pan, and voila! Turned out delicious, so I'm going to try to post it from memory here. The olive mix I used was from the olive bar at Ralph's, so you may have to improvise. It was 1/3 pitted Spanish olives, 1/3 marinated jalapeno's, 1/3 roasted garlic. The basic "meat" concept comes from recipe #453037, olive lentil burgers, and the overall idea was adapted from the Engine 2 Diet lasagna.
Provided by giani23
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 oz, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350.
- While making the "meat" mixture, microwave or roast the yams until fork tender. Mine took about 10 minutes on full power.
- Saute the onions in a large non-stick fry pan for 3-4 minutes.
- While this is cooking, pulse the olive mix in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add this to your sauté. No need to clean the processor; add your mushrooms, pulse until coarsely chopped, and add this to your sauté. Now pulse the cauliflower, and add to fry pan. Add the cooked lentils and continue to sauté until all vegetables are softened.
- Finish this mix by stirring in the tomatoes, taco mix, corn and beans, and remove from the heat.
- Peel and mash the yams, seasoning to taste. I leave them alone, as they have just right amount of sweetness naturally for my tastes, and the other ingredients will add all the savoriness needed.
- Start to layer lasagna-style in a deep baking pan. I used a half steam-table pan, as it's called in the foodservice industry. Start with a thin layer of enchilada sauce, about 1/4 of the can. Cover this with a layer of tortillas (don't worry about trimming them to fit perfectly). Top with half of your "meat" mixture. Top that with 1/4 of the cheese, and another layer of tortillas. Top that with 1/4 of the sauce, and cover with the yams and 1/4 of the cheese. Add another tortilla layer, the rest of the "meat" mix, 1/4 of the cheese and 1/4 of the sauce. Top with a final layer of tortillas, the rest of the sauce and cheese, and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or so.
VEGETARIAN GREEN ENCHILADA LASAGNA
My husband loves enchiladas, but I don't love all the work. I made this up with ingredients that we enjoy. I'm sure you could make many substitutions. It's very easy and my husband loved it. My 3 year old actually took a couple of bites!
Provided by VW 2445
Yield 1 lasagna, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Saute the onion until translucent.
- Add garlic salt and black pepper.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add corn and black beans to heat through.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Mix together the enchilada sauce and salsa.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Lay out 4.5 tortillas to cover the bottom
- Spread out half of the veggies.
- Pour half of remaining sauce over veggies.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese.
- Repeat with tortillas, veggies, sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 610.8, Fat 19.8, SaturatedFat 9.5, Cholesterol 36.2, Sodium 1333, Carbohydrate 87.3, Fiber 15.9, Sugar 7.8, Protein 29
VEGETARIAN ENCHILADAS RECIPE BY TASTY
You won't miss the meat in these hearty vegetarian enchiladas! Sweet potatoes and black beans are cooked with garlic, onion, and spices, then wrapped in tortillas and baked with enchilada sauce and lots of shredded Mexican cheese for a melty, saucy dish you won't be able to resist.
Provided by Tasty
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the sweet potatoes and cook until fork-tender, 10 minutes. Drain the sweet potatoes through a colander.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, paprika, and chili powder, and cook, stirring constantly, until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sweet potatoes, black beans, and salt and cook until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of enchilada sauce to the bottom of the prepared baking dish and use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Scoop ½ cup of the sweet potato mixture onto the lower half of a tortilla and roll up. Place seam side-down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining filling and tortillas, arranging in a row. Top with the remaining cup of enchilada sauce. Sprinkle the Mexican cheese blend on top.
- Bake the enchiladas for about 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Top the enchiladas with the cilantro and Cotija cheese, if desired, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 764 calories, Carbohydrate 99 grams, Fat 27 grams, Fiber 14 grams, Protein 29 grams, Sugar 18 grams
More about "vegetarian enchilada lasagna recipes"
SPICY ENCHILADA LASAGNA RECIPE | SPICY VEGETARIAN LASAGNA
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Pasta RecipesCalories 370 per serving
MEXICAN TORTILLA CASSEROLE (VEGAN ENCHILADA LASAGNA)
5/5 (55)Total Time 30 minsCuisine MexicanCalories 403 per serving
ENCHILADA LASAGNA [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE] - ONE GREEN …
VEGETARIAN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
VEGAN ENCHILADA LASAGNA - DARN GOOD VEGGIES
EASY VEGETARIAN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - JAR OF LEMONS
CROCK POT VEGETARIAN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE - RUNNING IN …
BEST VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA | RECIPETIN EATS
VEGETARIAN ENCHILADA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
VEGETARIAN MEXICAN LASAGNA - RECIPETIN EATS
MEXICAN LASAGNA (OR ENCHILADA CASSEROLE) | FATFREE …
BEST VEGETARIAN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
ENCHILADA LASAGNE - PINCH OF NOM
BASIC + AWESOME VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
THE BEST VEGETARIAN LASAGNA YOU’LL EVER SINK YOUR TEETH INTO
HEALTHY VEGETARIAN ENCHILADA RECIPES | EATINGWELL
EASY VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPE | LIVE EAT LEARN
VEGETARIAN BLACK BEAN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE (VIDEO)
VEGETABLE ENCHILADA LASAGNA MEATLESS MONDAY
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPES: 26 OF THE BEST VEGGIE & VEGAN …
LAYERED TACO CASSEROLE WITH TORTILLAS (TACO BAKE) - THE PICKY EATER
VEGETARIAN ENCHILADAS - OUR 16 BEST ENCHILADA RECIPES
VEGAN ENCHILADA LASAGNA - FIT VEGAN CHEF
VEGETARIAN ENCHILADA "LASAGNA" — THE WANDERING HEARTH
VEGETARIAN ENCHILADA/LASAGNA – SOHUNGRYFEEDME
ROASTED VEGGIE ENCHILADA CASSEROLE - COOKIE AND KATE
THE BEST VEGAN ENCHILADA LASAGNA - MN VEG HEAD
VEGETARIAN ENCHILADAS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
EASY VEGETARIAN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE - MIDWEST FOODIE
POLENTA ENCHILADA VEGETARIAN LASAGNA - OH SWEET BASIL
8 VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA - COOKING WITH COIT
VEGAN ENCHILADA LASAGNA EASY PLANT-BASED RECIPE | PLANTED365
VEGETARIAN ENCHILADAS – LOADED WITH VEGGIES AND BLACK BEANS
ENCHILADA LASAGNA + BONUS LEFTOVER RECIPE! – LISA'S PROJECT: VEGAN
VEGETARIAN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE - FLAVOR MOSAIC
VEGETARIAN ENCHILADA LASAGNA - I HEART VEGETABLES
VEGETARIAN LASAGNE RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
THIS SINGLE-SERVE VEGETARIAN ENCHILADA LASAGNA RECIPE IS YOUR …
EASY HOMEMADE VEGGIE ENCHILADAS - INSPIRED TASTE
SKINNY VEGAN ENCHILADA LASAGNA (EASY, 21 DAY FIX)
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is vegan enchilada lasagna?This vegan enchilada lasagna recipe combines two of the best comfort foods ever into one great dish – it's enchiladas in lasagna form. This dish is layer upon layer of homemade enchilada sauce, cheese, corn tortillas, and tender sweet potatoes.
How do you cook vegetarian enchiladas?Cheesy vegetarian enchiladas filled with corn, beans, pepper and mushrooms served with fresh avocado is a delicious, easy weeknight dinner. Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F. To make the sauce, heat the oil in a pot then whisk in the flour. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring, then add the spices and tomato sauce.
How do you cook zucchini and peppers for enchiladas?Heat oil in a large non stick skillet. Add garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute. Add capsicum, cook for 1 minute. Add zucchini and cook for 3 minutes until charred. Remove skillet from heat. Smear a bit of Enchilada Sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish.
What is a vegetarian Tex-Mex lasagna?A vegetarian Tex-Mex lasagna made with corn tortillas and packed with cheese and veggies. Garnish with cilantro, sour cream, and other favorite toppings. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.