- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place a layer of tomatoes in the bottom of the baking dish, followed by a layer of noodles, spinach, carrots, zucchini, summer squash, eggplant and broccoli. Season to taste with oregano, salt and pepper. Repeat layering of ingredients until all are used up. If using cheeses sprinkle over broccoli layers and on top of dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.3 calories, Carbohydrate 53.3 g, Cholesterol 18.1 mg, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 10.5 g, Protein 17.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 395.4 mg, Sugar 10.5 g
EASY VEGETARIAN LASAGNA
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until they release their liquid and soften, about 5 minutes. Add the kale and cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper and set aside.
- 2. Combine the lasagna noodle pieces with 1 cup water in a large bowl and stir with a rubber spatula. Add the heavy cream and stir until the pieces are evenly coated. Stir in the ricotta cheese, Parmesan, nutmeg, red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the kale mixture and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and top with the shredded mozzarella
- 3. Cover the dish with nonstick foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and cook until the lasagna is bubbly and slightly browned on top, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes and serve.
You will never miss the meat in this vegetarian lasagna, with its hearty sauce of tomatoes, onions and carrots layered with spinach and creamy ricotta cheese. It's a comfort classic your family will love.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- For the sauce: Put the olive oil and garlic in a medium pot over low heat. Cook the garlic, stirring occasionally at first and more often as it colors, until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Raise the heat to medium-low, add the onions and a large pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the carrots, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, bay leaves, basil sprig, thyme and 1 teaspoon salt, raise the heat to medium and bring the sauce to a lively simmer. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until quite thick (if you draw a spoon through the sauce, you'll see the bottom of the pot for a few seconds before the sauce fills back in), about 30 minutes. As the sauce thickens, turn the heat down a bit so the bottom doesn't scorch. Stir in the chopped basil. Let cool to room temperature before assembling the lasagna. (Makes 1 quart.)
- To assemble: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Squeeze the spinach in your hands to remove as much liquid as possible. Put it in a large bowl, and stir in the ricotta, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, the egg, 1 teaspoon salt and the nutmeg.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Lay 3 lasagna noodles across the sauce (they won't touch). Spread 3/4 cup tomato sauce on top. Dollop 1/3 of the ricotta mixture (about 1 cup) across the sauce, and use the back of a spoon to spread it (it will smush into the tomato sauce, which is fine). Scatter 1 cup of the mozzarella on top.
- Repeat the layering 2 more times. Top with the last 3 noodles, spread the last 3/4 cup tomato sauce over them and scatter the remaining 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan over the top. Spray a large piece of foil with cooking spray, and cover the baking dish.
- Bake until the noodles are soft and the cheese has melted, about 40 minutes. Remove the foil, and continue to bake until the cheese is bubbling and the lasagna is slightly browned around the edges, about 15 minutes more. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
THE BEST VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPE EVER
Layered pasta cradles a trio of cheeses and sweet Italian tomato sauce, and then it's all baked up until bubbling and gooey. Hearty vegetarian comfort food at its best!
Provided by Kare for Kitchen Treaty
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Add the olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. When hot, add the onion, bell pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and translucent and the pepper is tender, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for one more minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, honey or sugar, salt, and pepper. If you're using whole tomatoes, break up the tomatoes with a spoon. To save time, I will sometimes give whole tomatoes a quick spin in the blender to break them down a bit, then add them to the pot. (This is also a good method if you're serving people who don't like tomato chunks in their sauce).
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, until the sauce comes to a boil. Turn the heat to low, partially cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the parsley, then remove from the heat.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grab a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan. Smear a little of the sauce on the bottom of the pan. Add a single layer of pasta, breaking to fit as needed. Using a couple of spoons (one to scoop and one to scrape it off), plop half the ricotta all over the noodles in little mounds. Top with 1/3 of the remaining sauce. Sprinkle on half of the mozzarella.
- Repeat with a layer of pasta, then the rest of the ricotta, then another third of the sauce, then the remaining mozzarella.
- Add a last layer of pasta and spread the remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbly and melty and the pasta is tender, about 45 minutes. If the top begins to get brown, cover with foil during the last 10 minutes or so of baking.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
- Keeps refrigerated covered or in an airtight container for about 3 days. It also keeps frozen for several months. I have also frozen single-portion leftovers in individual freezer bags for quick and easy lunches.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 600 kcal, Sugar 7 g, Sodium 608 mg, Fat 17 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Carbohydrate 83 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 27 g, Cholesterol 44 mg, ServingSize 1 serving
I cooked up this fresh lasagna for vegetarian customers at a local grocery store, where I work part-time. It's absolutely packed with veggies. -Sam Hunsaker, Lawrence, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 23
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper, carrot and onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, yellow squash, zucchini and garlic; cook and stir until squashes are crisp-tender., Stir in tomato paste, broth, brown sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain., Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix egg and ricotta cheese. Spread 1 cup vegetable mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Layer with two noodles (trim to fit pan), half of the ricotta mixture, about 1-1/2 cups vegetable mixture and two additional noodles. Top with remaining ricotta mixture, noodles and vegetable mixture., Sprinkle with cheeses and Italian seasoning. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 432 calories, Fat 19g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 68mg cholesterol, Sodium 857mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
Going meatless doesn't mean giving up flavor with this layered lasagna, filled with vegetables and three kinds of cheese.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Spray 12x10-inch sheet of foil with nonstick cooking spray. In medium bowl, combine pasta sauce and zucchini; mix well. In another medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese and oregano; mix well.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce mixture in ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish. Top with 2 lasagna noodles. Spread about 1/2 cup sauce mixture over noodles. Drop 1/2 cup of spinach mixture by small spoonfuls over sauce mixture; spread carefully. Sprinkle with 1/4 of mushrooms and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers 3 more times, beginning with noodles. Cover with foil, sprayed side down; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Bake covered for 45 minutes.
- Uncover baking dish; bake an additional 10 minutes or until lasagna is bubbly around edges. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 3 g, Protein 23 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 840 mg, Sugar 7 g, TransFat 0 g
EASY VEGETABLE LASAGNA
Bursting with garden favorites, this lasagna is a vegetable lover's dream. The pasta layers are generously stuffed with roasted zucchini, mushrooms, peppers and onion in homemade tomato sauce. -Susanne Ebersol, Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender; add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato puree, sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened. , Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the vegetables, salt and pepper. Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. , Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with three noodles, 1-3/4 cups sauce, and half of the roasted vegetables and cheeses. Repeat layers. , Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235 calories, Fat 9g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 497mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Spinach is the star of this vegetable lasagna recipe. The veggie-based recipe makes one large lasagna (9 by 13 inches) or two smaller ones (8 by 8). For the perfect make-ahead meal, prepare two vegetable lasagnas; bake one now, and freeze the other for later.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add spinach, and stir well to combine.
- Spread a small bit of tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish or dishes. Arrange a layer of lasagna noodles on top. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, followed by 1/3 of the remaining sauce; sprinkle with 1/3 of the grated cheese. Repeat to make two more layers, ending with cheese. If freezing, cover tightly with plastic wrap. Before baking, defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking until top is golden brown, about 15 minutes more. Let cool slightly before serving.
Make our easy vegetarian lasagne using just a handful of ingredients. You can use ready-made tomato sauce and white sauce, or batch cook he sauces and freeze them
Provided by Emma Lewis
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 17
- To make the tomato sauce, heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the onions, garlic and carrot. Cook for 5-7 mins over a medium heat until softened. Turn up the heat a little and stir in the tomato purée. Cook for 1 min, pour in the white wine, then cook for 5 mins until this has reduced by two-thirds. Pour over the chopped tomatoes and add the basil leaves. Bring to the boil then simmer for 20 mins. Leave to cool then whizz in a food processor. Will keep, cooled, in the fridge for up to three days or frozen for three months.
- To make the white sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the plain flour, then cook for 2 mins. Slowly whisk in the milk, then bring to the boil, stirring. Turn down the heat, then cook until the sauce starts to thicken and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Will keep, cooled, in the fridge for up to three days or frozen for three months.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Lightly oil two large baking trays and add the peppers and aubergines. Toss with the olive oil, season well, then roast for 25 mins until lightly browned.
- Reduce the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Lightly oil a 30 x 20cm ovenproof dish. Arrange a layer of the vegetables on the bottom, then pour over a third of the tomato sauce. Top with a layer of lasagne sheets, then drizzle over a quarter of the white sauce. Repeat until you have three layers of pasta.
- Spoon the remaining white sauce over the pasta, making sure the whole surface is covered, then scatter over the mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. Bake for 45 mins until bubbling and golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461 calories, Fat 29 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 37 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 14 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
More about "vegetarian lasagna recipes"
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
8 VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
Author Emma Phelps
EASY VEGAN LASAGNA RECIPE - VEGAN HEAVEN
BEST VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
VEGETARIAN WHITE LASAGNA | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA WITH RICOTTA – A COUPLE COOKS
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | ROASTED VEGETABLE LASAGNA | RECIPES
BEST VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
15 MEATLESS LASAGNA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA | CANADIAN LIVING
BASIC + AWESOME VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
VEGGIE LASAGNE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPES: 26 OF THE BEST VEGGIE
EASY VEGETARIAN LASAGNA WITH STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS - MY FOOD …
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA | RECIPETIN EATS
VEGETARIAN MUSHROOM LASAGNA - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA (LOADED WITH 7 VEGETABLES! - CHEF SAVVY
VEGETARIAN CROCKPOT LASAGNA SOUP – MY ROI LIST
VEGETARIAN SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA RECIPE
THE WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA RECIPES | SMACKERAL
EASY VEGETABLE LASAGNA - INSPIRED TASTE
VEGETABLE LASAGNA (QUICK AND EASY!) - THE SEASONED MOM
THE BEST VEGETARIAN LASAGNA YOU’LL EVER SINK YOUR TEETH INTO
EASY VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPE | LIVE EAT LEARN
BEST VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPE- MEATLESS LASAGNA EVERYONE WILL LOVE
BEST VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPE — HOW TO MAKE VEGETARIAN …
BEST VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
VEGETABLE LASAGNE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
ROASTED VEGETABLE LASAGNA | RICARDO
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
THE BEST VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
HOW TO MAKE VEGETARIAN LASAGNA STEP BY STEP | THE RECIPE CRITIC
VEGETARIAN LASAGNE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
VEGAN LASAGNA - DAIRY FREE LASAGNA!
10 BEST VEGAN VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST VEGAN LASAGNA RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
9 EASY VEGAN AND VEGETARIAN LASAGNE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
VEGETARIAN LASAGNE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #casseroles #lunch #main-dish #eggs-dairy #pasta #vegetables #american #canadian #oven #easy #european #beginner-cook #potluck #diabetic #dinner-party #vegetarian #lasagna #cheese #eggs #dietary #one-dish-meal #californian #pasta-rice-and-grains #to-go #equipment
You'll also love