GREEN CHILAQUILES WITH EGGS
This comforting Mexican dish is made with fried tortillas and salsa. Frying tortillas is easy, but you can use store-bought chips if you'd like; just be sure that they are thick, the type sold in bags at Mexican groceries or tortillerías.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories breakfast, brunch, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat broiler. Place tomatillos and chiles on a baking sheet and set about 4 inches below broiler. Roast until dark and blackened in spots, about 5 minutes. Flip over and roast on other side until tomatillos are soft and charred in spots and chiles are soft all the way through, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer tomatillos and chiles to a blender along with juices on baking sheet. Add cilantro sprigs, then blend to a coarse purée.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large, wide casserole or saucepan and add onion. Cook, stirring often, until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Add a little salt, stir in garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Turn heat to medium-high and add tomatillo purée. Cook, stirring often, until salsa thickens and leaves a canal when you run a wooden spoon down the middle. Add broth, bring to a simmer, and simmer 10 minutes or until salsa coats the back of a spoon.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and season with a little salt. Turn heat to low and stir eggs into salsa. Add chopped cilantro and stir until eggs are set. Mixture should be creamy.
- Stir in tortilla chips, making sure they are completely submerged, and remove from heat. Sprinkle with crumbled cheese and serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 233, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 11 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 690 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
VERDE CHILAQUILES WITH EGGS
What's more perfect for brunch than a dish that got its start as a creative way to use up leftovers? Chilaquiles [chee-lah-KEE-lehs] typically consist of corn tortillas topped with chiles, cheese, and chorizo. But the possibilities are endless! We topped ours with chicken, eggs, radishes, and avocado. This Allrecipes Magazine recipe is based on Verde Chilaquiles by oceanman99507.
Provided by Allrecipes Magazine
Categories 100+ Breakfast and Brunch Recipes Meat and Seafood Chicken
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a very large bowl. Add salsa, chicken, chips, olives, and cilantro. Toss to coat, breaking chips slightly. Transfer to a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Use the bottom of a custard or measuring cup to make 8 indentations in the chip mixture. Crack 1 egg into each indentation. Sprinkle eggs evenly with salt and black pepper.
- Bake until eggs are set and tortilla chips are softened and browned at edges, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cotija cheese, radishes, and avocado.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 469.6 calories, Carbohydrate 35.2 g, Cholesterol 237.2 mg, Fat 24.3 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 838.7 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
GREEN CHILAQUILES WITH EGGS
Impress your family with this Green Chilaquiles with Eggs recipe. Made with corn tortillas, red onion, eggs, salsa verde and plenty of cheese, this Green Chilaquiles with Eggs recipe requires just 20 minutes of prep time and is loaded with flavor.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Spring 2020
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add tortilla wedges and onions; cook 8 to 10 min. until onions are crisp-tender and tortillas are lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Use back of spoon to make 6 small wells in tortilla mixture; slip 1 cracked egg into each well.
- Mix salsa and broth until blended; drizzle over tortilla mixture, then top with cheese. Cover; cook 10 min. or until egg whites are firm and yolks are cooked to desired doneness.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Fat 17 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 205 mg, Sodium 620 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 12 g
This recipe was something I made up after having some sub-par chilaquiles at my favorite local breakfast place. This is my favorite Mexican breakfast dish and is great for a light dinner as well, serve with refried beans and some pico de gallo and you'll be craving for more! Garnish with more cilantro and sour cream. Great for leftover salsa verde or stale tortilla chips, perfect for a family brunch or other special breakfast occasion.
Provided by oceanman99507
Categories Breakfast and Brunch Meat and Seafood Chicken
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place tomatillos in a saucepan with water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer until color begins to lighten and fruit is soft to the touch, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer tomatillos to a food processor or blender. Add jalapenos, 1/3 cup cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper; blend until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours for best flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken and onion until onions begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Add olives; cook for 5 minutes. Add cilantro; cook and stir until wilted, about 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Line the bottom of a 8-inch square casserole dish with 2 to 3 layers of tortilla chips, breaking chips slightly. Add half of the sauce; toss with chips. Top with chicken mixture and the remaining sauce. Sprinkle cotija cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tortilla chips are softened, 15 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.2 calories, Carbohydrate 30.4 g, Cholesterol 48.3 mg, Fat 20.7 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 20.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 354.4 mg, Sugar 3 g
Provided by JoAnn Cianciulli
Categories Cheese Dairy Vegetable Breakfast Brunch Fry Vegetarian Tomatillo Tortillas Monterey Jack Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 19
- To make the salsa verde: Put the tomatillos, chile, onion, and garlic in a medium pot and add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the vegetables are soft and the tomatillos turn pale green, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Carefully transfer the boiled vegetables, along with the cooking water, to a blender. Puree for a few seconds to blend; be sure to hold down the lid with a kitchen towel for safety. Add the 1/2 bay leaf, oregano, thyme, salt, and broth. Continue to puree until smooth. You should have about 1 quart of salsa verde.
- Place a wide pot or pan over medium-high heat and coat with the corn oil. When the oil is hazy, pour in the salsa verde; it will bubble a bit. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Cover, reduce the heat to very low, and keep warm while you finish the chips.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a heavy-bottomed pot or countertop deep fryer to a depth of about 2 inches and heat to 375°F over medium-high heat. Stack the tortillas and fan them with your thumb to separate. Cut the tortillas into 8 wedges like a pie.
- Working in batches, fry the tortilla chips, turning them with a skimmer or slotted spoon so they don't stick together, until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the chips to a paper towel-lined baking pan or brown paper bag to drain and cool. (Let the oil return to the proper temperature between batches.)
- To finish the chilaquiles, uncover the salsa verde and raise the heat to medium. Just when it starts to bubble, stir in the beaten eggs. Cook and stir for about 5 seconds, until the egg feathers into the sauce, thickening and binding it. Immediately add the chips, tossing gently until they have absorbed enough sauce to become soft. Take care not to break the chips. Sprinkle the Jack cheese on top and let it melt.
- Divide the chilaquiles among 4 plates. Sprinkle with the queso fresco, chopped onion, and cilantro. Garnish with the crema fresca and serve immediately.
More about "verde chilaquiles with eggs recipes"
EASY CHILAQUILES WITH EGGS RECIPE - FOODIECRUSH
5/5 (7)Total Time 25 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 870 per serving
- In a high-powered blender, add the hot water and submerge the chiles in the water. Let sit for 10 minutes to soften. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and blend on high until smooth. This makes 4 cups and can be made in advance and stored covered in the fridge.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat with the canola oil. Crack the eggs into the skillet and pull the whites into the eggs as you do. Cook on medium low, and as the whites begin to set, spoon the oil over the whites until cooked through. Move the pan from the heat and set aside.
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH FRIED EGGS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
4/5 (2)Calories 604 per serving
VERDE SCRAMBLED EGG CHILAQUILES | MEDIA CREMA
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH FRIED EGGS – RECIPE - CULINARY RECIPES …
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH FRIED EGGS AND CHORIZO - FINE FOODS BLOG
HOW TO MAKE CHILAQUILES WITH EGGS AND TORTILLA CHIPS?
CHILAQUILES VERDES | MAMá MAGGIE'S KITCHEN
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH FRIED EGGS (GLUTEN-FREE) - SALTED PLAINS
EASY CHILAQUILES RECIPE (CHILAQUILES VERDES) - FAVORITE …
BEST CHILAQUILES VERDES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHILAQUILES …
BAKED CHILAQUILES VERDE WITH EGGS | CANADIAN LIVING
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH CHICKEN RECIPE - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH FRIED EGGS AND CHORIZO RECIPE - SIDECHEF
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH BAKED TORTILLA CHIPS - COOKIE AND …
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH FRIED EGGS AND QUESO FRESCO - SUNBASKET
EASY MEXICAN CHILAQUILES VERDES RECIPE - ANNA IN THE KITCHEN
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH CHICKEN AND SUNNY-SIDE EGG - K. MARTINELLI
BLUE CHILAQUILES VERDE WITH EGGS | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
CHILAQUILES WITH FRIED EGGS | THE FRAYED APRON
CHILAQUILES VERDE RECIPE - HOMEMADE & EASY! - THE ANTHONY …
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH VENISON AND FRIED EGG - JESS PRYLES
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH FRIED EGGS BY DIANEMORRISEY | QUICK
GREEN CHILAQUILES WITH EGGS | COOKIN' IT REAL
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH A FRIED EGG - COOKING WITH COCKTAIL RINGS
CHILAQUILES VERDES EGGS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASY CHILAQUILES VERDES RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
THE BEST CHILAQUILES VERDES. – THE 2 SPOONS
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH BACON AND EGGS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH SOFT-SCRAMBLED EGGS, AVOCADO, AND
MEXICAN CHILAQUILES RECIPE WITH FRIED EGGS AND GREEN SALSA
THE BEST CHILAQUILES RECIPE – AN AUTHENTIC MEXICAN BREAKFAST RECIPE
EASY CHILAQUILES VERDES - MEXICAN BREAKFAST MADE EASY — …
BEST CHILAQUILES RECIPE
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH FRIED EGGS - MILLENNIAL KITCHEN
CHORIZO AND EGG CHILAQUILES WITH SALSA VERDE RECIPE
VERDE CHILAQUILES WITH EGGS - CHICKEN - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
CHILAQUILES (VERDES OR ROJOS) - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
BEST CHILAQUILES VERDE — HOW TO MAKE CHILAQUILES VERDE
EASY GREEN CHILAQUILES WITH CHICKEN - AVERIE COOKS
EXTRA CRISPY CHILAQUILES WITH SALSA VERDE, CHORIZO AND EGG
CHICKEN CHILAQUILES VERDE - COOK SLEEP READ
CHILAQUILES VERDES - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
CHILAQUILES VERDES (GREEN CHILAQUILES) - DISH 'N' THE KITCHEN
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love