VENISON AND WILD RICE STUFFED ACORN SQUASH
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until the rice is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place squash, cut-side down onto a deep baking dish filled with 1/2-inch of water. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, then drain water and set aside.
- Bring some water to a boil in a saucepan, then remove from the heat. Add the cranberries and let stand for 5 minutes, then drain and reserve. Cook the ground venison in a skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked and crumbly.
- Stir together the wild rice, cranberries, venison, and brown sugar. Season with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Turn the oven on to Broil. Rub the inside of the squash halves with the butter, then place cut-side up on the baking dish. Stuff with the rice mixture, then broil in the oven for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.8 calories, Carbohydrate 51.6 g, Cholesterol 70.2 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 13.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 113.5 mg, Sugar 30.2 g
WILD RICE VENISON STEW RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by á-6055
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and pepper. Add venison; shake to coat. In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil. Add water, broth and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours. Stir in the potatoes, onion, carrots and rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender.
HEARTY VENISON STEW - CROCK-POT
This is a great stew for Sunday football. The venison makes it a bit healthier, but it definitely doesn't taste gamey for those who do not prefer wild game.
Provided by ckeller
Yield 2 1/2 quarts, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Mix the flour, salt, and pepper and coat the venison with the mixture. Place into crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 221.4, Fat 2.3, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 71.4, Sodium 109, Carbohydrate 27.4, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 3.3, Protein 22.4
WILD RICE VENISON STEW
"With three hunters in the family and plenty of wild rice on hand, this hearty stew is a 'must' at our house," says Darla Haseltine of Wyoming, Minnesota.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and pepper. Add venison; shake to coat. In a Dutch oven, brown meat in batches in oil. Add water, broth and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours. , Stir in the potatoes, onion, carrots and rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 103mg cholesterol, Sodium 362mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "wild rice venison stew recipes"
THE BEST VENISON STEW YOU'LL EVER HAVE | A SIMPLE STOVETOP ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Dice the venison into bite-sized chunks, being sure to remove any of the silvery sinew tissue. Leaving this on makes the meat tough.
- When the oil is hot, allow the venison to saute for 5-7 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Remove the venison from the pot and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the potatoes, carrots, celery and onion. Allow the vegetables to saute for about 8-10 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
HUNTER'S STEW WITH BRAISED BEEF AND WILD RICE RECIPE ...
- Preheat the oven to 300°. In a large, heavy ovenproof saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season the meat with salt and pepper and cook over high heat until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the beef to a plate and wipe out the saucepan. Add 2 cups of the beef stock and the Madeira to the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Return the meat to the saucepan, cover and braise in the oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, turning occasionally, until tender.
- Heat a large enameled cast-iron casserole or soup pot over high heat. Add the wild rice and cook, stirring, until it begins to pop, about 2 minutes. Add the onion, carrots and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the remaining 8 cups of stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to moderate, cover, and cook until the rice is tender, about 50 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the braising liquid and let cool slightly, then shred it. Add the shredded meat and its braising liquid to the casserole and season with salt and pepper. Simmer the stew for 5 minutes, then ladle into bowls and serve.
BEST VENISON STEW RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER VENISON RECIPES
- The Navajo love their lamb and mutton, but back in the day – at the right times of the year – they’d also get out there and hunt things like elk, which they’d stew with wild juniper berries.
- What’s amazing for me is that thousands of miles away in Britain we were hunting deer for venison and stewing that with juniper too.
THE HIRSHON OJIBWE-STYLE VENISON STEW - JIIBAAKWAAN ...
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
EASY VENISON AND RICE - DEER RECIPES - QUICK MEALS
VENISON, WILD RICE, AND BROWN ALE STEW : 6 STEPS (WITH ...
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
- Ingedients and Supplies. Ingredients and Supplies. Tools and Implements. -6 Quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven or if cooking outside camp style Dutch Oven.
- Preparing the Meat. Beef or Venison, they both taste great in this stew. Have someone who says they don't like the taste of venison but likes beef?
- Preparing the Onions and Celery. Cut up your onions in your preferred method. I cut off the ends then remove the outer skin.
- Preparing the Garlic and Carrots (and Parsnips) While the Onions and Celery carmelize, prepare the carrots, parsnips (if used), and garlic.
- Adding the Liquid and Flavorings. Add the beef broth to the oven. Add the Ale to the oven. Poor slowly as the ale will make it foam a bit.
- Finishing It Up With Potatoes and Rice. Finishing it up with Potatoes and Rice. Peel your potatoes with the vegetable peeler. Cube them into approximately 3/4 inch cubes.
SPICY VENISON SAUSAGE, WILD RICE AND KALE STEW - THE ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- Prepare wild rice. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add wild rice and salt, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, breaking up any large pieces. Add onion, garlic, oregano, basil and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, add kale, reduce heat and simmer until kale is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked wild rice and tomato. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and top with a dollop of sour cream.
VENISON STEAK RECIPE VENISON STEAK WITH WILD RICE
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Take the venison out of the fridge and salt it well. Let it sit on the cutting board while you make the rice and such.
- Cook the wild rice in the beef broth. You might need to add a cup of water or so, depending on how old your rice it. Also, real, traditional wild rice cooks in half the time as typical store-bought, and it requires less water. If you have the real stuff, use 2 cups broth and 1 cup water. Cook the rice until tender and drain.
- Put the mushrooms in a large frying pan or saute pan and turn the heat to high. Dry saute the mushrooms, shaking them frequently, until they sizzle and begin to give up their water. When they do, boil off this water. When it's almost gone, add 2 tablespoons of the butter and saute until the mushrooms begin to brown. Salt them as they cook. Remove and set aside.
- Add the chopped onions to the pan as well as another 2 tablespoons of butter. Saute on medium-high heat until browned on the edges, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the onions and put them with the mushrooms.
VENISON RECIPES - GROUND, GRILLED, SLOW COOKER | TASTE OF HOME
OJIBWE WILD RICE RECIPES
EASY VENISON STEW RECIPE BY SHERRI - REDCIPES
ELK STEW RECIPES
VENISON AND WILD RICE RECIPE BY MR D - YOUTUBE
VENISON PEPPER STEW RECIPES
WILD RICE VENISON STEW RECIPE | RECIPE | VENISON STEW ...
VENISON AND WILD RICE CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
RECIPES | MDC TEACHER PORTAL
VENISON AND WILD RICE STEW | RECIPES SQUARED
WILD RICE VENISON STEW RECIPE 455 - TFRECIPES.COM
WILD RICE VENISON STEW RECIPE
WILD RICE VENISON STEW - CRECIPE.COM
VENISON AND WILD RICE STEW - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
VENISON STEW RECIPES - 4 RECIPES - KEYINGREDIENT
ELK AND WILD RICE STEW - REALTREE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook venison stew meat?Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the venison chunks, and cook until nicely browned on the outside and almost cooked through. Prepare the beef flavored rice mix according to package directions. While the rice is cooking, add the venison, green pepper, red pepper and onion.
How to cook venison steak in rice?Directions. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the venison chunks, and cook until nicely browned on the outside and almost cooked through. Prepare the beef flavored rice mix according to package directions. While the rice is cooking, add the venison, green pepper, red pepper and onion.
What are the ingredients in a venison stew?Ingredients 4 tablespoons plain flour 800 g quality stewing venison or beef , cut into 2cm chunks olive oil 2 onions , peeled and roughly chopped 3 carrots , peeled and roughly chopped 2 sticks celery , trimmed and roughly chopped 1 tablespoon juniper berries , crushed in a pestle and mortar 2 sprigs of rosemary , leaves picked and chopped
What to eat with ground venison?Easy Venison and Rice is a quick simple meal made up of fried ground venison, onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes, and rice and then lightly doused with soy sauce. This recipe can be a side dish or the main course.