EASY CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH
- Grate 2 teaspoons of zest from orange; discard remaining peel and pith from orange. Divide orange into sections.
- Place orange sections, orange zest, cranberries, sugar, and cinnamon in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer relish to a bowl and cover; refrigerate to allow flavors to blend, at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 76.4 calories, Carbohydrate 19.8 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 0.3 g, Sodium 1 mg, Sugar 15.7 g
CANNED CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE
I have made this Cranberry Orange Sauce for ages and recently decided to can it. It turned out GREAT and looks gorgeous in the jars, too! Take advantage of low prices on fresh cranberries around the Holidays to put up your own cranberry sauce. You'll never buy the canned version again!
Provided by Tess Geer
Categories Other Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 1. Prepare jars in water bath and keep hot. Place lids and rings in very hot water and set aside. Do not boil lids and rings.
- 2. Rinse cranberries in a colander and remove any stems, etc. Set aside.
- 3. Combine Orange Juice, Sugar and Cinnamon in a large sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 4. Add cranberries to sauce pan and stir. Continue to cook over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes until cranberries have popped and mixture begins to foam. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- 5. Ladle into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space. Run a small spatula around the inside of each jar to remove any air bubbles. Place lids and rings. Rings should be finger tip tight.
- 6. Process in water bath for 15 minutes. Remove to a clean dish towel away from direct sunlight and leave for 24 hours. Test for seal. Refrigerate any unsealed or leftover sauce for up to two weeks. Sauce tastes best after it has rested for at least two days. Store in a dark cupboard. Will keep for up to one year.
WINTER CANNING - CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH
- Wash orange. Cut unpeeled orange into 6-8 pieces, removing seeds.
- Place the cranberries in a food processor. Process until evenly chopped. Spoon into a large saucepan.
- Place the orange pieces in a food processor. Process until evenly chopped. Add to the cranberries.
- Add water and sugar - less sugar if you like a tart relish, more if you prefer it sweeter.
- Simmer over medium heat until cranberries are hot and soft, 5-10 minutes.
- Ladle into clean half-pint canning jars.
- Relish may be frozen. It also keeps well in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- Using a food processor, pulse the cranberries and oranges. Transfer the chopped fruit to a 1-quart bowl and add 1/2 cup of the sugar, stirring to mix. Add more sugar to taste, as the sweetness of the oranges will vary. Add the chopped pecans and serve.
More about "winter canning cranberry orange relish recipes"
CRANBERRY SAUCE 5 WAYS (PLUS, A SHORTCUT FOR CANNED ...
Author FoodletsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
FRESH CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH | OCEAN SPRAY®
Servings 3Total Time 5 minsCategory Sauces Sides And Salads
CRANBERRY ORANGE MARMALADE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE - DAMN DELICIOUS
4.9/5 (14)Servings 3
ORANGE AND CRANBERRY RELISH | PALEO LEAP
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CANNING CRANBERRY SAUCE (JELLIED OR WHOLE BERRY)
4.5/5 (30)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 4Total Time 35 mins
- Add cranberries and cook them in the sugar syrup until they pop open. If making jellied cranberry sauce, turn off the heat and allow it to cool slightly before blending with an immersion blender. Skip this step for whole berry sauce.
- Add in the cinnamon stick and simmer the cranberry sauce for about 15 minutes, until it begins to thicken and sheets off the back of a metal spoon. Add the orange zest (if using) in the last few minutes of cooking.
- Ladel the cranberry sauce mixture into canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and seal with 2 part canning lids.
FRESH CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH RECIPE | GOOD LIFE EATS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 minsCategory Holiday RecipesCalories 182 per serving
- Combine orange juice, sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest, vanilla, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 3-5 minutes - or until the cranberries pop.
LESLIE'S CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE - CANNING HOMEMADE!
Ratings 3Servings 60Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizer
- Prepare 12 half pint jars, lids, and rings. Sterilize the jars and keep them in the hot water till its time for processing. Make sure to fill your water bath canner and get the water to a simmer.
- In a large stainless steel add water, sugar, zest and juice of 2 oranges and heat up over medium heat. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Add the cranberries and bring back to a boil. the cranberries will begin popping.
- On a dishtowel place your hot jars and using your funnel in each jar using a ladle then fill the jars leaving ½” headspace. Remove air bubbles and refill to the proper headspace with the mixture if necessary.
- Make sure your rack is on the bottom of the canner and place the jars in the water bath making sure that the water covers each of the jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add hot water to the canner if it doesn't measure up.
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY JAM WITH FREE PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD ...
Reviews 17Category CondimentCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Put a hot water bath canner on the burner and fill with enough water to cover jelly jars, with an extra inch of water over the top of jars. Turn the burner on high and cover with the lid.
- While you wait for the water bath to come to a boil, prepare your cranberries. Wash, sort, and coarsely chop the berries.
CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE - BINKY'S CULINARY CARNIVAL
Ratings 10Calories 44 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Add Cranberries. Return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until cranberries begin to burst.
- Remove from heat. Add Grand Marnier and orange zest. Cool enough to pour into your serving bowl, on counter.
CRANBERRY RELISH [3 INGREDIENTS!] - NUM'S THE WORD
4.4/5 (20)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Easy Side Dish RecipesCalories 72 per serving
FERMENTED CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH - HEALTH STARTS IN THE ...
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 4
FRESH HOMEMADE CRANBERRY-ORANGE RELISH CANNING RECIPE ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE TO CAN AND PRESERVE AT HOME
Category CondimentTotal Time 35 minsEstimated Reading Time 7 minsPublished 2018-02-14
CANNED WHOLE BERRY CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH BALL® CANNING ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
FRESH CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (1)Total Time 10 minsCategory Side DishCalories 164 per serving
NATIONAL CENTER FOR HOME FOOD PRESERVATION | HOW DO I? PICKLE
CANNED CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH RECIPES
CANNED CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
CRANBERRY ORANGE LETTUCE SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPES FOR CANNING - ALL INFORMATION ...
WINTER CANNING - CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH | RECIPE ...
CANNED CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPES
WINTER CANNING - CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH | RECIPE ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Cranberry Relish with oranges?Instructions Wash orange. Cut unpeeled orange into 6-8 pieces, removing seeds. Place the cranberries in a food processor. Process until evenly chopped. Place the orange pieces in a food processor. Process until evenly chopped. Add water and sugar - less sugar if you like a tart relish, more if you prefer it sweeter.
How do you make cranberry and pecan relish?Using a food processor, pulse the cranberries and oranges. Transfer the chopped fruit to a 1-quart bowl and add 1/2 cup of the sugar, stirring to mix. Add more sugar to taste, as the sweetness of the oranges will vary. Add the chopped pecans and serve. This relish will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze cranberry relish?Simmer over medium heat until cranberries are hot and soft, 5-10 minutes. Ladle into clean half-pint canning jars. Relish may be frozen. It also keeps well in the refrigerator for up to a month. I originally recommended water bath canning the relish. However, it responds best to freezing.
How do you boil cranberries to make jam?Bring water and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cranberries and cook them in the sugar syrup until they pop open. If making jellied cranberry sauce, turn off the heat and allow it to cool slightly before blending with an immersion blender.