CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
You may have memorized the foolproof gem on the back of the Toll House bag, given to the world by Ruth Graves Wakefield in the 1930s. But this may become your new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's a little more complicated, and you'll have to plan ahead: After assembling the dough, you must chill it for at least 24 hours before baking it, and preferably up to 36. This allows the dry ingredients time to soak up the wet ones, which results in a firmer dough. It leads to a marvelously chewy, chocolate-rich cookie. Don't skimp on good chocolate, and the sea salt is not an option - it's the beacon at the top of this gorgeous treat. (You can certainly put this recipe together by hand, but a stand mixer makes it easy work. If you're in the market for one, our colleagues at The Sweethome have tested quite a few, and they've put together an excellent guide to the best.)
Provided by David Leite
Categories snack, cookies and bars, dessert
Yield 1 1/2 dozen 5-inch cookies
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Drop chocolate pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Set aside.
- Scoop 6 3 1/2-ounce mounds of dough (the size of generous golf balls) onto baking sheet, making sure to turn horizontally any chocolate pieces that are poking up; it will make for a more attractive cookie. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto another rack to cool a bit more. Repeat with remaining dough, or reserve dough, refrigerated, for baking remaining batches the next day. Eat warm, with a big napkin.
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
We named this recipe "Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies," because it's got everything a cookie connoisseur could possibly ask for. With a texture that is slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, it's a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that's been top-rated by hundreds of satisfied home cooks.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon about 1 minute or until fluffy, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until blended (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store covered in airtight container.
WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
There's not much to say...the name says it all. These are better than Toll House in our book. I make these every Christmas and it is my standard Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Provided by Karen..
Yield 6 dozen cookies, 72 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients together and gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Roll into 1 1/4" balls and place on non-stick cookie sheets, about 2" apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars together in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Beat for an additional 3 minutes. Add vanilla and beat for 10 seconds.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture, blending just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough 3 inches apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (225 degrees C).
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven, rotating halfway through, until golden around the edges and slightly gooey inside, about 8 minutes. Let stand on the baking sheet for 4 to 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
More about "worlds best chocolate chip cookie recipes"
BEST EVER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - JO COOKS
2019-06-19 · This recipe is hands down the best ever, so get that glass of milk ready. This is our go-to recipe for chocolate chip cookies for the past 8 years or so. I once received a Christmas card from a vendor I had worked with. Inside the Christmas card was this wonderful chocolate chip cookie recipe which was titled Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt to the bowl and beat on low speed until well incorporated, for about 30 seconds.
- Add the flour to the bowl and mix until crumbles form. Note that you could mix your flour with the salt and baking soda, but I don't find that it makes a difference at all.
THE WORLD'S BEST OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
2016-09-27 · Instructions. Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Place butter and sugar in the bowl of a large stand mixer, fitted …
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of a large stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla to bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to mixer and mix on medium speed until dough comes together. (dough will be slightly sticky) Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into 1-in balls and place on prepared baking sheets 1-2 inches apart. Bake cookies at 350F 9-10 minutes or until edges are golden (cookies will appear underdone in the middle---this ok) Cool cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy cookies warm while the chocolate is gooey!
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER! | THE RECIPE CRITIC
2019-02-10 · Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together cream butter, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix well. Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and drop on a parchment or sillpat lined cookie …
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together cream butter, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and drop on a parchment or sillpat lined cookie sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
THIS IS THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE IN THE WORLD
2017-05-15 · Crispy with a soft center — Use 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Gooey — Under-bake your cookies by about a minute. Chewy …
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE, EVER
2018-05-07 · My chocolate chip cookies are ‘The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, Ever’ after being challenged into a Twitter Bake-Off in 2009. Loaded with chocolate chips, what sets this chocolate chip cookie recipe apart is the fact they are perfectly soft and gooey on the inside, chewy on the outside, with a slight thin layer of crispiness to the cookies.
THE WORLD’S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | TASTY KITCHEN: A ...
2010-05-19 · Preparation. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cream the butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and beat it until it is smooth. Add the chocolate …
WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE | RECIPELION.COM
2018-06-14 · When you want a chocolate chip cookie, you don't want anything less than the World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookie. This is a recipe that you'll adore making again and again for family, friends, and sometimes just for yourself. "What makes this cookie …
THE WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE - DELISHABLY
WORLDS BEST CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPES - YUMMLY
2021-09-06 · The Best Worlds Best Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes on Yummly | Chocolate-chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
See details »
WORLD’S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | TASTY KITCHEN BLOG
The world’s best chocolate chip cookies, if you like thick, large and dense cookies chock full of chocolate. Thanks for a great recipe, Sarah! Check out her blog, Simple & Sweets. I’m sure it’s packed with more great recipes like this. Recipe notes: The original recipe …
See details »
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES IN THE WORLD | CHEFJAR
Line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl beat the butter until smooth, using a hand mixer or by hand. Alternatively you can use a stand mixer. Add brown sugar and …
- In a large bowl beat the butter until smooth, using a hand mixer or by hand. Alternatively you can use a stand mixer.
- Add brown sugar and continue beating, then add white sugar and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - BROMA BAKERY
2020-03-11 · The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. Alright bbs. Take a deep breath. We’re about to get into what I would equate to my life’s thesis: the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. This recipe is literally 10 years in the making. They’re soft, chewy, crunchy on the edges, perfectly salty-sweet, loaded with juuuust the right amount of chocolate ...
- Brown the butter over medium heat, stirring constantly until the butter begins to foam and turns a golden brown, emitting a nutty aroma. Make sure you only brown the butter lightly. When butter browns the liquid evaporates off which can dry out your dough. As soon as the butter starts to turn brown and smell nutty, take it off the heat to prevent any more liquid from escaping. Take butter off the heat and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooled brown butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat until mixed together. Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In separate bowl mix together the flour, salt and baking soda. Mix half the dry ingredients into the wet until everything comes together. Slowly add in the remaining flour a little bit at a time, stopping if the dough starts to get too dry.* Fold in the chocolate. Do not over mix.
WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - I HEART NAPTIME
2019-05-14 · Instructions. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars for 1 minute. …
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars for 1 minute. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat just until combined once the eggs are added, you don't want to over mix.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch and pulse on low. I like to slowly mix in the chocolate chips with the last cup of flour. Again, do not over mix. If the dough is too stick add an extra Tablespoon or two of flour. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes if time allows.
- Using a large cookie scoop (about 3 Tablespoons), scoop the cookie dough onto the baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart. Place extra chocolate chips on the top of the cookies if desired.
THE BEST SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
2020-10-15 · Using a stand mixer or electric beaters, beat the butter with the sugars until creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg; beat on low speed until just incorporated – 10-15 seconds or so (if you beat the egg for too long, the cookies …
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Microwave the butter for about 40 seconds to just barely melt it. It shouldn’t be hot – but it should be almost entirely in liquid form.
- Using a stand mixer or electric beaters, beat the butter with the sugars until creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg; beat on low speed until just incorporated – 10-15 seconds or so (if you beat the egg for too long, the cookies will be stiff).
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until crumbles form. Use your hands to press the crumbles together into a dough. It should form one large ball that is easy to handle (right at the stage between “wet” dough and “dry” dough). Add the chocolate chips and incorporate with your hands.
- Roll the dough into 12 large balls (or 9 for HUGELY awesome cookies) and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes until the cookies look puffy and dry and just barely golden.Warning, friends: DO NOT OVERBAKE. This advice is probably written on every cookie recipe everywhere, but this is essential for keeping the cookies soft. Take them out even if they look like they’re not done yet (see picture in the post). They’ll be pale and puffy.
JACQUES TORRES CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - THE BEST COOKIE ...
2018-06-25 · Cover and chill dough for 24-72 hours. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Allow the chilled dough to sit out at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before baking to soften slightly. Scoop out 3.5 ounces of dough for each cookie, using a large cookie …
- In a large bowl, sift together (or whisk) the cake flour, bread flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together for 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time until mixed, and then vanilla. Continue mixing for an additional minute, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour mixture, until just combined. Fold in the chocolate until evenly incorporated. Cover and chill dough for 24-72 hours.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES – MODERN HONEY
2019-01-15 · The result was the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER! This chocolate chip cookie has a perfectly chewy center and crispy edges. You can make them in any size but I usually make them between 3-4 ounces. I made the chocolate chip cookie …
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (if not chilling the dough). Check your oven temperature using an oven thermometer since some ovens run hot. If you suspect your oven runs hot, preheat oven to 385 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar for 4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- If time permits, wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and chill for 24 hours. If not, scoop cookie dough onto baking sheets. I suggest using parchment paper or Silpat silicone baking sheets on light-colored baking sheets. If you using dark colored baking sheets, the bottoms of the cookies may brown quickly and can burn. I suggest using light-colored cookie sheets.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE EVER - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
2018-02-11 · This is the best chocolate chip cookies recipe ever! No funny ingredients, no chilling time, etc. Just a simple, straightforward, amazingly delicious, doughy yet still fully cooked, chocolate chip cookie …
See details »
THE BEST SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | SALLY'S BAKING ...
2012-08-06 · With hundreds of positive reviews from bakers around the world, I’m confident you’ll fall in love with this chocolate chip cookie recipe too. Chilling the cookie dough is imperative and cornstarch makes them extra soft and thick! Chocolate chip cookies …
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar together on medium speed until combined and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Add into the wet ingredients, then beat on low speed until combined. The cookie dough will be slightly thick. On low speed, beat the chocolate chips. Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (Always recommended for cookies.) Set aside.
- Once chilled, the dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together when you work the dough with your hands. Roll balls of dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough each, into balls.
THE WORST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - SUGAR SPUN RUN
2020-03-28 · I can only assume something must have gone horribly wrong to bring you here today. Amidst a cherry-picked Pinterest Sea of “perfect chocolate chip cookies” a Google Forest of “best ever chocolate chip cookies”, and dog-eared cookbooks of “award-winning” and family favorite recipes, you have somehow found yourself here, face-to-cookie with the “worst” chocolate chip cookies.
See details »
OUR 11 BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - THE NEW YORK TIMES
- Jacques Torres’s Chocolate Chip Cookies. “OMG these cookies are as good as buying them at the bakery!” This is what people are talking about when they refer to “The New York Times’s chocolate chip cookie recipe.”
- Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies. “These cookies are always a huge hit EVERY time I make them, which has been at least 2 dozen times.” Impossibly tender and savory-sweet, these cookies were adapted from the chef Danielle Oron, a New Jersey native with Israeli roots who grew up drizzling her bowls of vanilla ice cream with lightly nutty tahini.
- Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. “This is it. The only chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ll ever need.” Legend has it that Ruth Wakefield accidentally invented the chocolate chip cookie at the Toll House Inn, her popular restaurant in eastern Massachusetts.
- Giant Crinkled Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Cookies the size of your face, and they’re perfect.” This recipe from the baker and blogger Sarah Kieffer features a clever technique: banging the pan on the counter a couple of times during baking.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Lost count of how many times I’ve made these, always to rave reviews.” Almond flour is the only special ingredient required to make this gluten-free version of the Jacques Torres recipe.
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. “These were soooo good! Even my husband, who is not a vegan, said they were delicious.” Erin Jeanne McDowell baked more than 50 batches of cookies in her quest to develop a worthy vegan version of the famous Jacques Torres chocolate chip cookie.
- Salted Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies. “I am seriously in love with these cookies.” The internet went wild for these chocolate chip shortbread cookies from Alison Roman when they were first published in her 2017 cookbook, “Dining In: Highly Cookable Recipes.”
- The $250 Cookie Recipe. “In our home, this is the cookie by which all other cookies are judged i.e. ‘ This other cookie is good, but not as good as the $250 cookie.
- Quintessential Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Didn’t think I would ever need another chocolate chip cookie recipe, but this one really takes the cake!” This easy, foolproof chocolate chip cookie recipe from Sherry Yard, the former executive pastry chef at Spago, has more than 3,000 five-star ratings.
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies. “This is a fantastic cookie. The texture was wonderful — slightly crisp on the edges and chewy on the inside.” For domed cookies ideal for gifting, try this recipe from Ravneet Gill.
WORLD’S GREATEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - CHEF OF ALL TRADES
2019-01-14 · I was looking for a new chocolate chip cookie recipe bc a) I’ve been craving lots of chocolate chip cookies lately and b) our childhood hand-me-down recipe was consistently turning out flatter and greasier than I like. I actually used only 2.5 c flour for this recipe and they still turned out fine. These cookies were AMAZING! Soft, dense, & chewy! This might sound obvious or strange, but the ...
WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - ROGERS FOODS
Per World’s BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies. PER COOKIE: about 173 calories, 2 g protein, 10 g total fat (6 g sat.fat), 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fibre, 24 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium. Related Recipes. 3 Cups of Something Cookies. Spicy Raisin Softies – Cookie Recipe. Frosted Ginger Molasses Cookies from SprinkleShineCookies. Cranberry Winter Cookie Recipe. Raspberry Granola Cookies . Granola ...
WORLDS BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
View top rated Worlds best chocolate chip cookie recipes with ratings and reviews. The best chocolate chip cookies ever (seriously), Nigella Lawson’s Chocolate Chip Cookies, The…
See details »