BEST MAC 'N CHEESE EVER!
This is the best mac 'n cheese ever! I started out by going through the recipes on this site and when I found one I wanted to try, I was putting together the first few ingredients and said, 'Ya know what would be great to add to this...' and that's where the 'Best Mac 'N Cheese Ever' was created. By the time I was done and it was served at our New Year's Day lunch everyone was raving about how delish it was. Try this easy recipe for a down-home Southern taste of the Best Baked Mac 'N Cheese Ever!
Provided by CASS CLARK
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain; pour macaroni into the prepared dish.
- Beat eggs, sour cream, seasoned salt, and black pepper into a smooth mixture; stir Cheddar cheese and Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese into mixture until thoroughly combined. Pour over macaroni and mix well. Top casserole with torn pieces of processed cheese. Drizzle melted butter over casserole, especially along the sides.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling and cheese has melted, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 427.5 calories, Carbohydrate 27.3 g, Cholesterol 130.2 mg, Fat 27.9 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 17.1 g, SaturatedFat 17.2 g, Sodium 551 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
WORLD'S BEST MAC AND CHEESE
It's a bold claim, but this mac and cheese from Kurt Beecher Dammeier's "Pure Flavor" cookbook is that good. Three types of cheese-cheddar, Gruyere, and Jack-add plenty of richness, while a touch of chipotle-chile powder imbues the dish with a subtle smoky flavor.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter or oil an 8-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 2 minutes less than package directions. Drain into a colander and rinse under cold water until cool, then drain again.
- Stir together pasta and cheese sauce until well combined. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses and chile powder. Bake, uncovered, until lightly browned in places, about 20 minutes. Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving.
BEST EVER MACARONI CHEESE RECIPE
This perfect baked macaroni cheese recipe comes with a creamy cheese sauce, a hint of mustard and uses leftover French stick for its crunchy topping
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Spread the baguette chunks over a baking sheet, drizzle with the melted butter and season. Bake for 6 mins until crisp, then set aside.
- Boil the pasta for 2 mins less than stated on the pack, then drain. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic and English mustard powder, cook for 1 min, then stir in the plain flour.
- Cook for 1 min more, then gradually whisk in the milk until you have a lump-free sauce. Simmer for 5 mins, whisking all the time until thickened. Take off the heat, then stir in the cheddar and half the parmesan.
- Stir the pasta and some seasoning into the cheesy sauce. Tip into a large ovenproof dish, or four individual dishes.
- Scatter over the bread and the remaining parmesan, then bake for 20 mins until crisp and golden. Can be frozen before baking - defrost thoroughly before cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 860 calories, Fat 42 grams fat, SaturatedFat 25 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 88 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Protein 38 grams protein, Sodium 1.9 milligram of sodium
"WORLD'S BEST" MACARONI & CHEESE
We tasted this in Seattle at the Pike Place Market in the Beecher's store. It is the best! I had to get their recipe and I found it on the internet; It is a very rich creamy comfort food. I do not have Beecher's cheese so I improvised with what is available and it came out as tasty as the original. Serve this with a crisp salad. Enjoy!
Provided by Sageca
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350; F. Set a large pot of water on high heat.
- Meanwhile, begin the sauce by making a roux: in a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour. Continue to stir this roux over medium heat for two to three minutes.
- The roux should be cooked and free of the flour flavor but still light in color.
- Gradually add milk, whisking briskly to maintain a smooth sauce.
- Cook the sauce for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid scorching.
- When sauce thickens, add cheeses, salt and spices to the sauce, and stir until all the cheese has melted. I make my sauces in the microwave; turns out great and never scorches.
- Somewhere during this sauce-cooking process, your pasta water has started boiling. The original is made with Penne noodles. Add a generous amount of salt to the water and cook the pasta until almost but not quite al dente (two minutes before the package directions indicate). You want barely undercooked pasta so that it can finish in the oven later. Halt the cooking by draining the pasta and rinsing with cold water. Return pasta to pot.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir until completely incorporated. The combination should be fairly saucy, almost soupy.
- Dish the mixture into a buttered 9-13 pan and sprinkle with extra grated cheeses and cayenne. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, until you have beautiful, browned edges. Those edges will be a welcome and flavorful addition to each serving.
- Let the dish sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. I divided this in 2 containers and froze one.
WORLD'S BEST MAC & CHEESE
Everyone I make this recipe for swears it is the very best mac & cheese they have ever eaten. Don't let the fact that it looks complicated discourage you. It's actually very quick and easy to make. The only complicated part is getting the ingredients together!
Provided by Gerald Norman
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a large pot of water over high heat and cover. Place a large saute pan with 2 tbsp oil or bacon grease over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add mushrooms to the pan and saute for 7-10 minutes or until fully cooked and slightly caramelized. Toss or stir occasionally. Season with a pinch of Kosher Salt and Black Pepper then deglaze the pan with the Sherry Vinegar. Allow all of the vinegar to cook out, then remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Now time for the cheese sauce! Add 4 tbsp butter to a medium sauce pan. Place the pan on the stove over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, whisk in 4 tbsp all-purpose flour. Whisk for about 30 seconds, just long enough to lose the raw flour taste but not long enough for the flour to caramelize. Add the thyme, rosemary, sage and red pepper flakes. Continue stirring to allow the herbs to saute for about 30 seconds. Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking continuously so the roux and milk incorporate smoothly with no lumps. (HINT: Sometimes removing the pot from the heat source while you stir in the milk will help reduce the possibility of lumps forming.) Allow the mixture to come to a low simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- While waiting for the sauce to simmer, start the pasta. Liberally salt the pot of boiling water. The water should taste very salty for best results. Add the pasta to the water and cook for a minute or two less than the suggested time on the pasta package so that the pasta is very firm, because you will be baking it later and you don't want it to get too soft.
- Once your sauce has reached simmer, stir in the chevre, cheddar and half (2 oz) of the parmigiano reggiano cheeses. Add truffle oil and slowly stir until the sauce is smooth, with all cheese melted. Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small mixing bowl combine remaining parmigiano reggiano and panko.
- Remove the pasta from heat and strain immediately making sure it is well drained. Return to empty pot or use a large mixing bowl to toss the pasta, cheese sauce and mushrooms. Place mixture in a deep glass or ceramic loaf pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle the Panko/cheese mixture over the top, coating evenly. Bake on upper shelf of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and cheese sauce is bubbly. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy the best mac & cheese you'll ever eat!
WORLD'S BEST MAC AND CHEESE
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and let cool. To make sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté 20 seconds. Add flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, 1 to 2 minutes; do not brown. Add mustard, bay leaf and thyme and whisk in milk and half-and-half. Bring up to a boil while whisking, add Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce and simmer slowly about 20 minutes. Strain through a medium strainer, add the cheeses and mix until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Prepare crispy topping. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (for half this recipe). Drain pasta and put bck in pot, add sauce and mix gently, let sit 15 minutes to get into pasta. Then place mix in baking dish and top with crispy topping. Bake in preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes until golden and bubbly. Serve immediately. Makes a boatload. Crispy Topping: 3 C. coarse bread crumbs 1/2 C. (1/2 stick) melted butter 1 C. chopped parsley Salt and pepper to taste In skillet, sauté bread crumbs lightly in melted butter until lightly browned. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper. NOTE: This can be prepared ahead of time.
THE BEST BAKED MAC & CHEESE RECIPE EVER
- Boil the pasta JUST until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and return to the pan you boiled it in. Set aside. (Mix in a little butter to keep the noodles from sticking if it's going to be awhile before you make the sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the butter. When the butter has melted, add the flour, salt, dry mustard, pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika. With a wooden spoon or whisk, stir constantly for three minutes.
- Add the milk in a thin stream, stirring constantly with a whisk. Continue to stir constantly until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 2 cups of the cheese, stirring until melted. You'll reserve the last cup of cheese for topping. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and toss gently until all of the pasta is coated.
- Add half the pasta to a two-quart casserole dish (I like a tall 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish). Sprinkle on half the cheese. Add the rest of the pasta. Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese, then dust lightly with the smoked paprika.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the mac and cheese is bubbling and browning on top.
- Serve, topping individual servings with parsley or cooked, chopped bacon if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 442 kcal, Sugar 7 g, Sodium 601 mg, Fat 22 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Carbohydrate 38 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 23 g, Cholesterol 68 mg, ServingSize 1 serving
"WORLD'S BEST" MAC AND CHEESE
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Butter or oil an 8-inch baking dish.
- Cook the penne 2 minutes less than package directions. (It will finish cooking in the oven.) Rinse the pasta in cold water and set aside.
- Combine the cooked pasta and the sauce in a medium bowl and mix carefully but thoroughly. Scrape the pasta into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the cheeses and then the chili powder.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Let the mac and cheese sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Beecher's Flagship Cheese Sauce
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat and whisk in the flour. Continue whisking and cooking for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat.
- Add the cheeses, salt, chili powder, and garlic powder. Stir until the cheese is melted and all ingredients are incorporated, about 3 minutes. Use immediately, or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- This sauce reheats nicely on the stove in a saucepan over low heat. Stir frequently so the sauce doesn't scorch.
- Make Ahead
- This recipe can be assembled before baking and frozen for up to 3 months-just be sure to use a freezer-to-oven pan and increase the baking time to 50 minutes.
- One-half teaspoon of chipotle chili powder makes a spicy mac, so make sure your family and friends can handle it!
- The proportion of pasta to cheese sauce is crucial to the success of the dish. It will look like a lot of sauce for the pasta, but some of the liquid will be absorbed.
More about "worlds best macaroni cheese recipes"
THE BEST HOMEMADE BAKED MAC AND CHEESE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
Ratings 287Calories 642 per servingCategory Dinner
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a large 3 qt or 4 qt baking dish and set aside.Combine shredded cheeses in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cook the pasta one minute shy of al dente according to the package instructions. Remove from heat, drain, and place in a large bowl.
WORLD'S BEST MAC AND CHEESE - PLAIN CHICKEN
5/5 (1)Category Main Course, Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and whisk in flour. Cook for 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add 1¾ cup Jarlsberg cheese, ¼ cup Monterey Jack cheese, salt, ¼ tsp chili powder, and garlic powder. Stir until all cheese has melted.
- Combine cooked pasta, pancetta, and cheese sauce. Spread into prepared pan. Top with remaining cheese and chili powder.
BEST-EVER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium. Add next 6 ingredients; cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add flour, and cook, stirring, until golden, 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk and cream. Bring to a boil, whisking occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, whisking, until slightly thickened, 5 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce. Remove from heat; stir in 3/4 cup each of shredded Cheddar cheeses until melted. (Reserve remaining 1/4 cup each of shredded cheeses.) Stir in pasta and diced cheeses; pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch (3-quart) baking dish.
- Bake on a rimmed baking sheet in preheated oven until bubbly and golden, 30 minutes. Remove from oven; increase oven temperature to broil. Sprinkle with reserved shredded cheeses; broil 6 inches from heat until cheeses are melted and golden, about 2 minutes. Remove from oven; cool slightly on a wire rack, about 15 minutes.
LITERALLY THE BEST MAC AND CHEESE EVER - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
5/5 (4)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanCalories 729 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 pan (or any 2 quart casserole dish) with butter or nonstick spray.In a 3 quart pot, boil the macaroni according to package instructions.
- Drain and return to the pot. (If your cheese sauce is not close to being ready, add 1-2 teaspoons oil so your pasta doesn't stick.)Meanwhile in another smallish pot, melt 1/4 cup butter.
- Once it is hot, whisk in the flour. Cook 1 minute whisking, until it is bubbly.Slowly stir in the cream and milk.
WORLD'S BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE - BIGOVEN.COM
OUR 10 BEST MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
Author Jason Nowak
15 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Hayley SuggEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - THE BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE EVER ...
72 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | MAC AND CHEESE ...
CREAMY BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
4/5 (47)Category Dinner, Casseroles, Main Course, Side DishServings 6-8Total Time 1 hr 25 mins
WORLDS BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE - BIGOVEN.COM
5/5 (1)Category Main DishCuisine ItalianTotal Time 45 mins
WORLD’S BEST MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - WE HEART THIS
Reviews 85Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
BEECHER'S "WORLD'S BEST" MAC & CHEESE
CHEESIEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
HOW TO MAKE WORLD'S BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE ...
COPYCAT FANNIE FARMER MAC AND CHEESE: THE BEST EVER ...
ULTRA CREAMY MAC AND CHEESE - FOOD WORLD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make the best macaroni and cheese?World's Best Macaroni and Cheese! Still searching for what to cook ? 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. 2. Grease a large casserole dish (3 to 4 quarts or roughly 9"X13" pan). 3. Cook pasta according to instruction for your chosen shape al-dente (you can skip forward and start #4 while this is cooking).
When did they start making macaroni and cheese?These ancient recipes weren’t quite like the macaroni and cheese we enjoy today, but they weren’t far off either consisting of fresh hand-cut pasta sandwiched between butter and cheese. It wasn’t until the late 1700s that modern day mac and cheese recipes were implemented, and the rest is history.
Can you make Mac and cheese in the microwave?One more reason to love your microwave: this recipe for oh-so-creamy macaroni and cheese. And, you only need one bowl! Sliced tomatoes make a refreshing addition to Ina Garten's mac 'n' cheese.
How to make the creamiest Mac and cheese sauce?This mac and cheese recipe starts with a roux. The roux is super important to getting the creamiest cheese sauce of your life. Here is what you need to look for: The roux (equal parts butter and flour) is whisked together until bubbly and golden. Whisk in cold milk – not warm – to prevent the flour from clumping.