BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD
If you'd like to learn how to bake bread, here's a wonderful place to start. This easy white bread recipe bakes up deliciously golden brown. There's nothing like the homemade aroma wafting through my kitchen as it bakes. -Sandra Anderson, New York, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 loaves (16 pieces each).
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in warm water; let stand until bubbles form on surface. Whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Stir oil into yeast mixture; pour into flour mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to form a soft dough. , Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1-1/2 to 2 hours., Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in 2 greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, 1 to 1-1/2 hours., Bake at 375° until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped or has reached an internal temperature of 200°, 30-35 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 222mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
YEAST FREE BREAD
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Do not sift the flour!
- Mix liquids and add to dry.
- Stir until there is no more dry flour.
- Depending on the humidity of the air where you live you may need a little bit more or less liquid.
- The dough should be moist but not sticky.
- It may take a few minutes for the flour to fully absorb the liquid, so don't rush to add liquid or flour to it.
- Score lightly the surface in a diamond or X shape to prevent splitting of the crust.
- This is a country style bread that should be sliced thick.
- It is important not to overwork the dough.
- Shape into a ball or an oval, with oiled hands.
- Place on clean baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 400°F.
- Variations: Rub the dough ball with virgin olive oil and sprinkle sea salt and oregano for a foccacia flavor.
- For tea time add a tsp pure cane sugar.
- The liquid can be replaced for orange or other fruit juice if the bread is to be used for teatime and you can even add dried chopped fruits.
- For a savory bread the liquid can be tomato juice and you can add chopped sundried tomatoes to the dough.
- Sprinkling of seeds in the dough or on top of the bread is also possible.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar and carbonated beverage. Mix well and place into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Note: If using a sweetened carbonated beverage cut back on the sugar a little.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116.5 calories, Carbohydrate 25.6 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 2.6 g, Sodium 334.1 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
More about "yeast free bread recipes"
YEAST FREE WHOLEMEAL BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (33)Category BreadsServings 1Total Time 55 mins
GLUTEN-FREE YEAST-FREE BREAD RECIPE - THE FRUGAL FARM …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients, and mix until well incorporated. Beat for four minutes.
- Grease a regular sized loaf pan, or two mini loaf pans. Scrape batter into pan(s) and smooth with wet spatula working to dome the top.
EASY NAAN BREAD RECIPE (YEAST-FREE) | VEGGIE DESSERTS
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. You’ll probably need to use your hands to bring it all together. Knead it for a minute or so in the bowl until it comes together in a fairly sticky ball. If necessary, add a little more flour to make it manageable.
- Divide it into six equal pieces. Using a rolling pin dusted with flour, roll each one out onto a floured surface to about 6” diameter.
- Heat a frying pan (without oil) until hot. Cook each flatbread for a few minutes on each side until lightly golden spots appear and it puffs up.
15 OF THE EASIEST YEAST FREE BREAD RECIPES EVER | …
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
EASY NO-YEAST BREAD RECIPES | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
27+ NO YEAST AND QUICK BREAD RECIPES - EMERGENCY …
NO-YEAST BREADS | ALLRECIPES
YEAST FREE BREAD - BAKING, COOKING PRODUCTS & RECIPES
YEAST FREE GLUTEN FREE BREAD | THE FREE FROM FAIRY
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
10 DOOMSDAY BREAD RECIPES - PREPPERS SURVIVE
- Australian Damper. For thousands of years, this bread has been made by Australian Aborigines. They would grind plants or nuts to make flour then mix it with water.
- Bannock. This bread originated from Scotland around 1562. The bread was eventually found in Canada and throughout North America used by Native Americans.
- Crackers. Modern day crackers started out as Hard Tack (see the recipe below) then evolved in 1810, from an accidental baking incident into the cracker we know and love today.
- Hard Tack. It’s a biscuit that has been used by sailors for thousands of years. The recipe was documented as far back as Ancient Rome. During the Civil War, it was a food staple for soldiers.
- Pancakes. Pancakes might be the oldest form of bread known to man, dating back to the Stone Age. Early American pancakes used buckwheat or cornmeal (aka Johnnycakes).
- Soda Bread. Soda bread originates from Ireland and was cooked in an iron pot over an open flame. It has a hard crust, dense texture, and a sour taste. Sour milk was used because of its reaction with the baking soda.
- Sponge Cake. Italians introduced this yummy bread to the world around 1420 during the Renaissance. It became very popular because it’s easy to make, uses only three ingredients, has no added fat, and tastes great!
- Survival Bars. Survival bars are a modern spin on ration bars. They are designed to be high in calories, have a long shelf life, use inexpensive ingredients, and taste better than fortified ration bars that the military and Coast Guard use.
- Tamale. Tamales are older than Mayan or Aztec civilizations. This recipe is estimated to be over 10,000 years old. Warriors and hunters would pack them for sustenance on long journeys.
- Trench Cake. The British government released this recipe to the public so they could make a cake with the limited food rations citizens were allocated. It was common practice to send a trench cake to a loved one fighting in the first world war.
EMERGENCY NO YEAST BREAD - FUSS FREE FLAVOURS
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Test the baking powder is still good by putting a teaspoon in a small dish and pouring boiling water over. It should immediately bubble and fizz vigorously.
- Heat the oven to 190°C Fan (210°C regular) / 375°F / GM 6. Place a baking stone or heavy baking sheet in the oven to heat.
- Mix the dry ingredients. Stir in the milk, and stir the ingredients until the milk is mixed with with flour and forms a dough. It's easiest to do this with your hands rather than a wooden spoon.
- Turn the dough out onto your work surface and knead briefly until the dough has a uniform consistency.
SANDWICH BREAD WITHOUT YEAST | RECIPETIN EATS
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Grease a 22 x 13 cm / 9 x 5" loaf pan, then line with parchment/baking paper with overhang (to lift out).
- Add wet: Make a well in the centre, pour in oil and milk. Mix until flour is fully incorporated - batter will be thick but stirrable.
15 YEAST-FREE BREAD RECIPES TO TRY TONIGHT! - ONE …
Author Shelby HettlerPublished 2020-02-15
- 3-Ingredient Gluten-Free Flatbread. Delicious and simple 3-Ingredient Gluten-Free Flatbread by James Wythe that is also vegan. These flatbreads can be used in so many different ways.
- Easy Yeast-Free Bread. Presenting: gluten-free, yeast-free bread that’s also easy to make! Just mix the flax egg, wet ingredients, and dry ingredients; spoon the batter into two loaf pans, and bake!
- Irish Soda Bread. This easy-to-make Irish Soda Bread by Rouxbe takes less than 10 minutes to put together. Whole wheat flour, steel-cut oats, wheat germ and non-diary buttermilk are the main ingredients in this fantastic bread.
- Skillet Raspberry Cornbread. A sizzling hot skillet makes the edges crispy and golden and the inside soft and crumbly. Added raspberries and a sugar crust lend just the perfect amount of sweetness….
- Turmeric Flatbread. Like all breads, the store bought options typically contain many shelf stabilizers and unnecessary ingredients and this recipe is just so hassle free.
- Sweet Orange Quick Bread. A vegan, whole grain, fiber-filled, Sweet Orange Quick Bread by Natalie Martin MS, RD and Lexie Staten MS, RD sweetened with dates and loaded with health-promoting nutrients.
- Easy Spelt Wholemeal Bread. Who doesn’t love the smell of freshly baked bread in your own home? It’s one of the simple pleasures in life. Unfortunately, making bread can be a complicated process.
- Tuscan Chickpea Flatbread. This Tuscan Chickpea Flatbread by Natalie Yonan is extremely delicious and really easy to make! It’s thin, crispy and made of only water and chickpea flour.
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread. Vegan and gluten-free Cinnamon Raisin Bread by Lauren Kirchmaier that’s refined sugar free and packed with raisins and texture.
- Carrot Parantha (Flatbread) This delicious and healthy Carrot Parantha (Flatbread) by Namita Tiwari is so tasty – find out for yourself and whip them up today!
10 DELICIOUS YEAST-FREE BREAD RECIPES (UPDATED …
- Pumpkin bread recipe. If pumpkin bread was a piece of cloth, then it will be that sassy dress you have on repeat with every occasion that demands your sassy self.
- Oatmeal chocolate chip bread. This already sounds like all shades of deliciousness wrapped in one bread maker recipes for one delicious food. This is perfect for your kids when they are going to school as a snack, or maybe if you want to prepare something for a small gathering.
- Brown Bread without Yeast. This is a famous one among the bread maker recipes given the health benefits of brown bread. The method is pretty simple, and you only require 45 minutes for the bread to be ready; 5 minutes for preparation and 40 minutes to bake.
- Cinnamon Bread. Another recipe you can use to make yeast-free bread is the cinnamon bread. The bread is soft and very tasty and can be prepared for breakfast or a mid-day snack.
- Strawberry Walnut Bread. The strawberry walnut bread is one of the best bread machine recipes given the magical flavor this recipe yields. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes to bake.
- Chocolate and Vanilla Marble Loaf Cake. In just one and a half hours, you can prepare a delicious and classic bread that comes with great flavor. A loaf of bread that you will enjoy preparing as much as you will eating.
- No Yeast Dinner Rolls. Sometimes you are running out of time when it comes to dinner. Or maybe you just started making dinner late, and nothing seems to be perfect for the short notice.
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Sandwich Bread. This is the perfect bread especially for those who are allergic to yeast- yes that happens. Just like some people are allergic to gluten, yeast is terrible to some.
- Almond Blueberry Yogurt Bread. Fruity slices of bread seem the best choice to most people, and I will be lying if I said I am not one of them. With that said, your best bread machine recipes will be not that best if it didn’t have this Almond Blueberry Yogurt Bread.
- Peanut-Butter Banana Bread Maple Glaze. If you have not yet discovered the delicacy of this piece of bread, you are about to taste your favorite breakfast for years to come.
GLUTEN-FREE YEAST-FREE BREAD RECIPE - SIMPLY QUINOA
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x4 loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a separate, larger mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add in milk, vinegar, egg yolks, syrup and oil and beat until smooth. Fold in egg whites.
HOMEMADE RUSTIC NO YEAST BREAD RECIPE - AN ITALIAN …
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Then add the water and mix together, either with a fork or spatula.Sprinkle a flat surface with a little flour, place the dough on top and gently knead for a minute or two until smooth. Gently flatten the dough into a small rectangle with the palm of your hand and fold it like an envelope. Sprinkle with flour if needed.Then form into your preferred loaf shape, score the top and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes then lower the temperature to 350F (180C) for another 10 minutes.Let cool on a wire rack before serving. Enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE BREAD WITHOUT YEAST OR BREAD FLOUR - BBC …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
HOW TO MAKE BREAD WITHOUT YEAST (YES ... - TASTE OF …
Author Lisa KaminskiEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
YEAST FREE GLUTEN FREE BREAD FOR SANDWICHES | QUICK …
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
YEAST FREE BREAD RECIPES | LITTLE HOUSE BIG ALASKA
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
CAN'T FIND YEAST? 12 YEAST-FREE BREAD RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
12 YEAST-FREE BREAD RECIPES, FROM CIABATTA TO CHALLAH ...
10 BEST WHEAT FREE YEAST FREE GLUTEN FREE BREAD …
10 BEST YEAST FREE BREAD BREAD MACHINE RECIPES | …
7 YEAST-FREE BREAD RECIPES (INCLUDING ROLLS & BREAD ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #breads #american #oven #fall #spring #summer #vegetarian #winter #dietary #seasonal #comfort-food #inexpensive #quick-breads #brunch #taste-mood #savory #sweet #equipment #number-of-servings #presentation #served-cold #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Is there a recipe for no yeast bread?Yes, you heard it yeastless bread recipe that is simple, quick and delicious. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl. Stir in the water, olive oil, and lemon juice until a sticky dough forms.
How long does it take to make yeast free soda bread?This yeast free gluten free bread recipe takes five minutes to put together so within an hour you'll have fresh bread ready to eat. It's basically a simple gluten free soda bread recipe.
What kind of yeast do you use to make bread?1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast. 2-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°) 3 tablespoons sugar. 1 tablespoon salt. 2 tablespoons canola oil. 6-1/4 to 6-3/4 cups all-purpose flour.
Can you make Welsh tea bread without yeast?This favourite Welsh teabread – its name means ‘speckled bread’ – is usually made with a yeast dough by bakers but this recipe doesn't require yeast and uses a quick-mix method at home [...]