CUCUMBER SALAD WITH YOGURT
This is my kids' favorite cucumber salad. Sometimes I add even more yogurt. They literally are slurping up the dressing. If I make it for adults, I add fresh dill but my kids sadly don't like anything green in their salads.
Provided by barbara
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine cucumber, yogurt, sugar, vinegar, and salt in a bowl. Mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 39.6 calories, Carbohydrate 6.4 g, Cholesterol 2.1 mg, Fat 0.7 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 317.1 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
CARROT SALAD WITH YOGURT AND CORIANDER
The carrots are shocked in ice water after shaving to give them a wavy shape and slightly soften their crunch.
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375°. Toss walnuts and oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until walnuts are lightly toasted and fragrant, 6-8 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with sugar and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Let cool.
- DO AHEAD: Walnuts can be toasted 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
- Whisk yogurt, vinegar, honey, and coriander in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- DO AHEAD: Dressing can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Place carrots in a colander set in a bowl of ice water. Let sit until carrots start to curl, about 2 minutes. Lift colander from water and drain carrots well; pat dry.
- Combine carrots, radishes, scallions, and dressing in a large bowl and toss to coat. Divide among plates; sprinkle with walnuts.
YOGURT CARROT CUCUMBER SALAD
- Wash and trim cucumber, and julienne in a food processor. Julienne carrots. Squeeze out the liquid from vegetables, and discard it. Add vegetables to serving bowl.
- Mince garlic, and stir into vegetables with yogurt.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 87, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 117 milligrams, Sugar 11 grams
CUCUMBER AND RADISH SALAD WITH YOGURT AND CUMIN
This is based on a recipe from Mark Peel's "New Classic Family Dinners." Slice the cucumbers and radishes as thin as you can. I use an inexpensive plastic Japanese mandolin for this. (Make sure to use the guard so you don't cut your fingertips!) I eat this as a salad and also as a delicious bruschetta or crostini topping.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, quick, salads and dressings
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut the cucumbers in half and using a teaspoon, scoop out seeds if necessary. Slice paper-thin. Toss with a generous amount of salt and place in a colander over a bowl or in the sink for 10 minutes. Place in a bowl of cold water and swish them around, then salt again and let sit for another 10 minutes. Rinse and drain on a clean kitchen towel. Transfer to a salad bowl and add the radishes and sesame seeds or nigella seeds.
- In a small bowl stir the cumin, pepper, turmeric and curry powder into the yogurt. Whisk in the garlic and lemon juice. Add salt to taste. Toss with the cucumbers and radishes, garnish with chopped chives and serve, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 46, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 348 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CARROT AND CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE
Stir cucumbers and carrots into a yogurt-and-sour-cream sauce for this raita recipe. Our Carrot and Cucumber Raita Recipe is great alongside spicy dishes.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix yogurt and sour cream in medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly. Cover.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 95 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 5 g
YOGURT, CUCUMBER AND LETTUCE SALAD
This is a Middle Eastern recipe best made by my Syrian grandmother. It is refreshing any time of year.
Provided by dogsandwoods
Categories Low Protein
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Toss ingredients together in a bowl.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148.4, Fat 5.7, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 19.8, Sodium 90.8, Carbohydrate 18.7, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 11.5, Protein 8.8
- Mix yogurt and sugar in medium bowl. Mix in cucumbers and cilantro. Season to taste with salt. (Can be prepared in 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
CUCUMBER YOGURT SALAD
This cool cucumber yogurt salad, known as raita, is used to offset some of the heat from spicier dishes.From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Chill and serve.
CUCUMBER AND TOMATO SALAD IN GARLIC YOGURT DRESSING
- Mix the lemon juice, yogurt, garlic, pepper, mint and parsley together.
- Pour over cucumber and tomato mixture and stir.
- Serve within an hour for best taste.
CUCUMBER, CARROT, AND GINGER SALAD
This is a simple and quick salad for cucumber season. It reminds me of those tangy vegetables they serve at many Japanese restaurants. It's hard to beat a fresh salad that has this much flavor and only 6 ingredients!
Provided by Anne Talbot-Kleeman
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Peel cucumber and slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices. Transfer to a medium bowl with carrots.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, ginger, and salt in a small bowl until well combined. Pour over cucumber-carrot mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 26.8 calories, Carbohydrate 6.1 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 1.2 g, Sodium 313.8 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
More about "yogurt carrot cucumber salad recipes"
CUCUMBER-YOGURT SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsCategory Healthy Potluck Side Dish RecipesCalories 146 per serving
- Cut cucumbers in half and seed. Cut each cucumber boat in half lengthwise and then halve each quarter. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces. Place in bowl, sprinkle salt on top, toss and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and parsley (or mint) in a medium bowl. Stir in the oil briskly.
CUCUMBER CARROT SALAD – EASY SUMMER SALAD RECIPE
Cuisine IndianCategory SaladsServings 2Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SALMON WITH CUCUMBER–YOGURT SAUCE AND CARROT SALAD …
CUCUMBER ONION SALAD WITH GREEK YOGURT DRESSING
CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD WITH GREEK YOGURT AND DILL – …
CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD WITH LEMON YOGURT DRESSING
30 LIGHT AND HEALTHY CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPES
CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD WITH YOGURT - FROM A CHEF'S …
CREAMY CUCUMBER YOGURT SALAD RECIPE - CIAOFLORENTINA
CREAMY YOGURT CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE
GREEK YOGURT CUCUMBER SALAD - PEPPER BOWL
TURKISH CARROT SALAD WITH YOGURT DRESSING
CARROT APPLE SALAD WITH YOGURT DRESSING - RECIPE RUNNER
CARROT SALAD WITH YOGURT AND CORIANDER RECIPE | BON …
CARROT YOGURT SALAD - KERALA STYLE - PEPPER BOWL
GRANDMA’S CUCUMBER SALAD WITH GREEK YOGURT DRESSING
CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD WITH YOGURT DRESSING - A CEDAR SPOON
JAJIK (CUCUMBER YOGURT & MINT SALAD) - HUNGRY PAPRIKAS
CARROT SALAD WITH YOGURT DRESSING AND DUKKAH | SIMONE'S KITCHEN
CUCUMBER SALAD WITH YOGURT SAUCE | VEGAN.IO
CARROT AND CUCUMBER SALAD – FRESH, CRISPY AND CRUNCHY
CUCUMBER CARROT SALAD (RAITA) | RECIPESTY
GRATED CARROT AND YOGURT SALAD WITH CUMIN — JANET FLETCHER
YOGURT SALAD RECIPE | YOGURT WITH CUCUMBER & CARROT - YOUTUBE
CUCUMBER YOGURT SALAD – DAILY FOOD HACKS
10 BEST PLAIN YOGURT DRESSING SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
DAD’S DILLY GREEK YOGURT CUCUMBER SALAD - AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
CUCUMBER YOGURT SALAD (MAST O KHIAR) | SILK ROAD RECIPES
CUCUMBER & TOMATO SALAD WITH YOGURT DRESSING - FRESH AND …
RADISH AND CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE | MADE WITH GARLIC-YOGURT …
CARROT SALAD WITH YOGURT, GHEE, AND BARBERRY DRESSING RECIPE
CUCUMBER YOGURT SALAD WITH FRESH MINT, LEMON, AND OLIVE OIL
TOP 41 HEALTHY CUCUMBER TOMATO CARROT RAITA RECIPE-RECIPES
10 BEST CABBAGE YOGURT SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CUCUMBER-YOGURT MINT GARLIC SALAD - TASTEGREATFOODIE
CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD WITH YOGURT AND DILL - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
HEALTHY CREAMY CUCUMER SALAD WITH GREEK YOGURT & HERBS
You'll also love