SZECHUAN ORANGE BEEF (STIR-FRY)
- In a bowl, mix all marinade ingredients well and let meat marinate in mixture for 20 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients; set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat, then add peanut oil (be careful of splattering).
- Remove beef from marinade and stir-fry until browned (3 minutes).
- Remove and let drain through a sieve.
- Pour most of the oil out of the wok, reserving about 2 teaspoons.
- Reheat the oil, and when it's very hot and smoking slightly, add the dried chili peppers and stir-fry for about 10 seconds.
- Return the beef to the pan and add sauce.
- Stir-fry for 3 minutes, mixing well.
- Serve immediately.
SPICY ORANGE ZEST BEEF
This spicy orange zest beef recipe is not supposed to be Chinese food, or even Americanized Chinese take-out food. It is a lower-fat alternative while still a quick, easy, and surprisingly flavorful meal.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine beef, orange juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, hot chili paste, brown sugar, and garlic in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Strain beef in a colander set over a large bowl, allowing beef to drain thoroughly, about 5 minutes. Reserve marinade.
- Stir water and cornstarch into the bowl of marinade. Whisk until cornstarch is dissolved, set aside.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and place over high heat. Cook beef for 1 minute without stirring; cook and stir for an additional minute.
- Stir in light parts of green onion and orange zest; cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in marinade and green onion tops; cook and stir until beef is no longer pink inside and sauce is reduced and thick, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.9 calories, Carbohydrate 16.8 g, Cholesterol 57.6 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 18.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 888.3 mg, Sugar 10 g
ZESTY ORANGE BEEF
I put this recipe together in the morning before I leave for work. In the evening, the amazing aroma greets me when I open the door. All I have to do is quickly cook some rice, and dinner is served. -Deborah Puette, Lilburn, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place beef in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add the mushrooms, onion and chiles. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, ginger, oil and garlic. Pour over meat., Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender, adding snow peas during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Stir in orange zest. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 55mg cholesterol, Sodium 554mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPICY ORANGE BEEF
- Cut the beef into thin strips and slice the onion. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over a high flame. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Saute the beef until it just begins to brown. Add the orange juice, bouillon cubes and pepper flakes. Simmer until the beef is just done. If the sauce is thin, strain through a colander, reserving the beef. Return the sauce to a saucepan over a high heat. Reduce until the sauce reaches a desirable consistency or thicken with a little cornstarch.
CRISPY ORANGE BEEF
- Season flank steak strips with salt and pepper, then toss with cornstarch. Shake off excess.
- Fill a large frying pan with enough oil to cover the bottom by 1/4 to 1/2-inch. Heat the oil to 365 degrees F. First add noodles to oil and let cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Take out noodles and then, working in batches, fry the steak. Do not crowd pan. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- For the sauce: Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat and cook the garlic until fragrant; do not let the garlic brown. Add orange marmalade, 1/2 cup beef broth, soy sauce, and chiles. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into remaining 1/2 cup beef broth. Stir cornstarch mixture into simmering sauce. Return to a simmer for 3 to 4 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Make a bed of the frisee lettuce on a platter. Put the crispy noodles on top and then the beef. Pour sauce over beef and serve.
CRISPY ORANGE BEEF
- Lay beef strips out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Allow to dry in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, rice vinegar, orange juice concentrate, salt and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine rice and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Add more water at the end if necessary.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Toss dried beef in cornstarch to coat. Fry in the hot oil in small batches until crispy and golden brown; set aside. Drain all of the oil from the wok except about 1 tablespoon.
- Add orange zest, ginger and garlic to the remaining oil, and cook briefly until fragrant. Add the soy sauce mixture to the wok, bring to a boil, and cook until thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes. Add beef, and heat through, stirring to coat. Serve immediately over steamed rice, and garnish with broccoli.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507 calories, Carbohydrate 59.2 g, Cholesterol 60.5 mg, Fat 18.7 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 27.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 651.3 mg, Sugar 16.9 g
SPICY ORANGE BEEF
- heat oil in a dutch oven.
- add chiles, garlic and orange rind, saute 5 minutes.
- add carrots and beef, saute 1 minute.
- add water, broth, honey and liqueur.
- bring to a boil, cover, lower heat to simmer.
- cook 1 hr& 15 minutes until beef is tender.
- combine water and cornstarch, stir into beef, bring to a boil and cook until sauce thickens, 1 minute.
- serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 595.5, Fat 31.2, SaturatedFat 12, Cholesterol 118.1, Sodium 1050.4, Carbohydrate 41.5, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 7.6, Protein 35.6
More about "zesty orange beef recipes"
CHINESE RECIPE: SPICY ORANGE ZEST BEEF BY CHEF JOHN – REDCIPES
ZESTY ORANGE BEEF | RECIPE | SLOW COOKER RECIPES HEALTHY, SLOW …
SPICY ORANGE ZEST BEEF | RECIPESTY
SPICY ORANGE BEEF RECIPE | RECIPELAND
SPICY ORANGE BEEF RECIPE RECIPE
CHINESE ORANGE OR TANGERINE BEEF RECIPE FROM RACHAEL RAY
SPICY, CRISPY, ORANGE BEEF - HOST THE TOAST
SPICY ORANGE ZEST BEEF RECIPE
ZESTY ORANGE BEEF RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
STICKY ORANGE BEEF - ONE PAN - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
SPICY ORANGE BEEF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPE ORANGE BEEF - THERESCIPES.INFO
DREAM DINNERS ZESTY ORANGE BEEF STEAKS RECIPE - WIC PROJECT
CRISPY ORANGE BEEF RECIPE - GOODCOOK
SPICY ORANGE ZEST BEEF - NONONSENSE.RECIPES
CRISPY ORANGE BEEF - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
ZESTY ORANGE BEEF & BROCCOLI POWER BOWLS - NUTRITION IN THE KITCH
SPICY ORANGE BEEF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY ORANGE BEEF - TAY'S BIPOLAR KITCHEN
ZESTY ORANGE BEEF | RECIPE | ORANGE BEEF, RECIPES, DINNER IS SERVED
ZESTY ORANGE BEEF SUMMER SALAD » PEANUT PANTRY
SPICY ORANGE BEEF & BROCCOLI STIR-FRY RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SPICY ORANGE BEEF RECIPE | RECIPE IN 2022 | BEEF RECIPES, ORANGE …
SPICY ORANGE BEEF RECIPE FOR HOME COOKING - SPICEOLOGY
SPICY ORANGE BEEF RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SPICY ORANGE BEEF STIR-FRY (橙味牛肉) - RED HOUSE SPICE
ORANGE BEEF - CRISPY ORANGE BEEF RECIPE - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
CRISPY ORANGE BEEF - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
CRISPY ORANGE-GLAZED BEEF | RICARDO
CRISPY SHREDDED ORANGE BEEF - KHIN'S KITCHEN CHINESE CRISPY BEEF …
ZESTY ORANGE BEEF | RECIPE | SLOW COOKER RECIPES BEEF, BEEF RECIPES ...
CRISPY ORANGE BEEF RECIPE - HOME CHEF WORLD
SPICY ORANGE BEEF - MASTERCOOK
SPICY ORANGE BEEF RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
Orange Zest Beef - Quick Spicy Orange Beef - Easy Low-Fat Alternative to Chinese Take-Out224K views-05:15
Spicy Orange Beef Recipe | Lazzat | Samina Jalil | Continental Food2.4K views-36:51
Spicy Orange Beef Recipe | Lazzat | Samina Jalil | Food Court97 views-36:51
Spicy Orange Beef Stir-Fry Chinese Style2.8K views-03:27
Recipe for Beef with Spicy Orange Sauce1.2K views-09:59
Zest up your table with this tasty beef ragout infused with honey orange and cloves23K views-09:04
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook Orange beef?Since you want the orange beef to be crispy at the time you serve it, it’s best to do this at the very end. Fry the beef in batches straight from the freezer, then toss to coat in the sauce. The cornstarch from the beef will thicken the sauce slightly as you toss it all together.
What is orange beef stir-fry?Savoury, fruity, slightly sour and refreshingly spicy, orange beef stir-fry is a comforting dish that can be easily prepared in your own kitchen. There are always plenty of fresh fruits in our Red House.
What is Crispy Orange beef?Crispy Orange Beef skip the delivery! Crispy Orange Beef is definitely in the shadows of the powerhouse Orange Chicken but it has a delicious flavor all its own and without a heavy coating of breading. There are three classic cooking methods for most takeout Chinese food.
How do you make orange juice with soy sauce?Cut the orange in half and juice it, measuring out 1/4 cup of juice. Place the juice in a bowl and add the remaining 2 tbsp of soy sauce, molasses, brandy or red wine, rice vinegar, and sesame oil, and whisk to combine.