BUTTERY ALMOND CRUNCH
Meet the Cook: This delectable candy is crisp but not as hard as peanut brittle. Some people say it reminds them of the toffee center of a well-known candy bar. Besides cooking, I enjoy gardening, sewing, needlework and family get-togethers. Husband Bob and I have six children, nine grandkids and three great-grandkids. -Mildred Clothier, Oregon, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 ounces.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil; butter the foil with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Set aside., Spread the sides of a heavy saucepan with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Add 1/2 cup of butter, sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in almonds. Quickly pour into prepared pan. , Refrigerate until firm. Invert pan and remove foil. Break candy into pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379 calories, Fat 30g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 55mg cholesterol, Sodium 214mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
Once you start eating this taste-tempting treat, you may not be able to stop! Matzo crackers are topped with buttery caramel, chocolate and slivered almonds...and then baked to perfection. -Sharalyn Zander, Jacksonville, Alabama
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 pound.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil; line the foil with parchment. Arrange crackers in pan; set aside., In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Spread evenly over crackers. , Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes (cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly). Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in almonds; spread over top. Cool for 1 hour. , Break into pieces. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 517 calories, Fat 36g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 61mg cholesterol, Sodium 329mg sodium, Carbohydrate 50g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
ALMOND CRUNCH GRANOLA
- Combine toasted almonds with oats, coconut and cinnamon. Blend honey with oil and drizzle over almond-oat mixture, tossing to mix well. Bake in oven at 350 degrees, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven; loosen with spatula; cool.
- Microwave Directions: Combine as above in glass baking dish. Cook on high 8 minutes, stirring every two minutes; cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230.1 calories, Carbohydrate 28.1 g, Fat 12 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 20.2 mg, Sugar 14.4 g
ALMOND BUTTERCRUNCH CANDY I
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Grease a 14 x 18 inch cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle one package of chocolate chips on prepared pan. Place in warm oven until chips melt, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and spread melted chocolate over bottom of pan; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter and brown sugar. Stirring constantly, heat to 300 to 310 degrees F (149 to 154 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads. Immediately remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup slivered almonds and pour onto pan with melted chocolate; spread mixture evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining package of chocolate chips over the almond layer. The heat from the almond layer will melt the chocolate chips; spread melted chocolate evenly. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup almonds over chocolate.
- Cut into squares, or allow to harden in a solid sheet and break it apart like brittle. Cool completely before removing from pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162 calories, Carbohydrate 15.2 g, Cholesterol 21.3 mg, Fat 11.4 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 68.3 mg, Sugar 14.1 g
I am begged for this recipe whenever I serve it. My advice: Invest in a good candy thermometer and always, always, always use good ingredients. Do not use margarine as a substitute for the butter; the water content is too high.
Provided by Heather Walker
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Arrange almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in the preheated oven until lightly browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil, without stirring, to hard crack stage, 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Remove from heat.
- Working quickly, stir in almonds, and pour mixture into foil lined jelly roll pan; tip pan from side to side to spread candy evenly in pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over candy brittle. Let stand about 5 minutes, or until shiny and soft. Spread chocolate evenly over candy. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 1 hour. Break into bite-size pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316.6 calories, Carbohydrate 32.6 g, Cholesterol 35.1 mg, Fat 21 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 11.3 g, Sodium 84.1 mg, Sugar 28.7 g
ALMOND CRUNCH COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 1 1/2 cups almonds in large bowl and sift 1/2 cup powdered sugar over; toss to coat. Whisk 1 egg white to blend in small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon egg white to nuts and toss to blend. Spread mixture in even layer over prepared baking sheet. Bake until almonds are golden and coating is dry, about 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Transfer candied almonds to processor. Using on/off turns, process until almost all almonds are coarsely chopped and some fine crumbs form. Transfer chopped candied almonds to small bowl.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Finely chop remaining 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds in processor. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend until nuts are very finely ground.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter, 3/4 cup sugar, and remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add remaining 2 egg whites, amaretto, and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Gradually mix in flour-almond mixture. Stir in chopped candied almonds.
- Working in 2 batches and using small ice cream scoop or tablespoon, spoon 2 level tablespoonfuls dough in mound for each cookie, forming about 12 mounds on each sheet and spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are golden brown, about 14 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets. Transfer cookies to rack and cool completely. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)
BUTTER ALMOND CRUNCH
I always draw rave reviews for this buttery, melt-in-your-mouth candy. From the coconut bottom layer to the chocolate drizzled on top, it's a winner all year-round.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield About 1-1/4 pounds.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Spread coconut evenly into prepared pan; set aside. , In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add remaining butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Continue cooking, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Remove from heat. Stir in almonds. Pour over coconut. Cool., In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over candy; cool until firm. Remove from foil and break into pieces. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 101 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 38mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
ALMOND CRUNCH TOPPING
Blend melted butter and brown sugar with coconut and almonds to make Almond Crunch Topping. Almond Crunch Topping makes a flavorful dessert addition.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Meal Recipes
Yield Makes 1 cup or 8 servings, 2 Tbsp. each.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place sugar and butter in small saucepan; cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut and almonds; mix well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 50 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
ALMOND CRUNCH POUND CAKE
This is a dense, rich cake with a candy-like topping that is easy to make. It freezes really well so you can have a great dessert on hand. Wrap well and store at room temperature up to 2 days or freeze up to 1 month. Crisp it in the oven briefly at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for that just-baked taste. Serve with whipped cream and raspberries.
Provided by Valerie Brunmeier
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine slivered almonds, 1/3 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and milk in a small saucepan over low heat; cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture is smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove topping from heat.
- Combine 1 1/2 cup flour, cream of tartar, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat 3/4 cup softened butter and almond paste in a large bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1 cup white sugar and continue beating until mixture is light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition; stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and beat until batter is just mixed, about 1 minute more; pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon flour evenly over batter. Spoon the topping over the flour layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363.3 calories, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 102.8 mg, Fat 21.2 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 5.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.6 g, Sodium 124.3 mg, Sugar 22.7 g
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the butter, sugar and 1 cup chopped almonds. Stir constantly until mixture boils, then do not stir or shake. Heat to 300 to 310 degrees F (149 to 154 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads.
- Pour onto a large buttered cookie sheet. Immediately press chocolate chips onto the hot candy. As the chocolate melts, spread it into a coating over the candy.
- Sprinkle finely chopped almonds over the top; cool, and break into uneven pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176.4 calories, Carbohydrate 21.5 g, Cholesterol 14.6 mg, Fat 10.2 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 32.7 mg, Sugar 20 g
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Place a single layer of graham wafers in an ungreased9 x 13-inch (22 x 34 cm) baking pan, making sure they fit snugly.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir butter and sugar until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil gently for 3 minutes.
- Drizzle over almond-covered wafers, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- Cut into bars while bars are still slightly warm.
ALMOND-CRUNCH ICE CREAM CAKE
A frozen almond extravaganza, this ice cream cake was inspired by Good Humor's Toasted Almond Bar: Almond cake layers are brushed with amaretto syrup and have vanilla ice cream and sugared almonds between them; the icing is whipped cream, coated with cake crumbs and more almonds.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Cake:Preheat oven to 300 degrees with rack in center. Spread whole almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until golden, about 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack; let cool completely.
- Pulse whole almonds and cake flour in a food processor until finely ground, about 30 seconds.
- Butter two 7-inch round cake pans. Line pans with parchment; butter parchment.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together egg whites and salt on medium speed until soft peaks form. Increase speed to high and gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff and glossy, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Clean mixer bowl and return to mixer fitted with the whisk attachment; beat together egg yolks and vanilla. With mixer on high speed, gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, beating until pale and thick, about 5 minutes.
- Fold egg-white mixture into egg-yolk mixture. In three additions, fold in almond mixture. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans, smoothing tops with an offset spatula.
- Bake until a tester inserted in centers comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer pans to a wire rack; let cool completely. Turn out cakes and wrap in plastic until ready to use.
- Almond Crunch:Increase oven temperature to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss together sliced almonds, granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons water. Spread almond mixture evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack; let cool completely.
- Assembly:Bring granulated sugar and 1/3 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When sugar has dissolved, remove from heat; add amaretto, if using, and almond extract. Let cool completely.
- Using a serrated knife, split each cake horizontally into two equal layers.
- Cut three 24-by-6-inch strips of parchment. Place strips on top of one another and use to line the sides of a 7-inch springform pan. Generously brush tops of cake layers with syrup. Place a cake layer in prepared pan.
- In the chilled bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat ice cream on medium-low speed until spreadable, about 2 minutes. Spread about 2 cups ice cream over first cake layer. Crumble 1/2 cup almond crunch over ice cream. Top with a second cake layer; transfer to freezer until firm, about 20 minutes. Repeat, spreading 2 cups ice cream and 1/2 cup almond crunch between each layer. Finish with a cake layer. Freeze 1 hour.
- Just before serving, whisk cream and confectioners' sugar to medium peaks in a chilled bowl. Remove cake from freezer and release sides of pan. Transfer cake to a serving platter. Tuck parchment strips under perimeter of cake. Frost top and sides of cake with whipped cream; remove parchment strips. Garnish top with remaining almond crunch; serve immediately.
More about "almond crunch recipes"
ROBINHOOD | CHOCOLATE BUTTERSCOTCH ALMOND CRUNCH
Total Time 33 mins
CHOCOLATE PUDDING WITH ALMOND CRUNCH | SILK® PLANT-BASED ...
ALMOND CRUNCH COOKIES > CALL ME PMC
5/5 (6)Category DessertCuisine American/SouthernCalories 217 per serving
- Beat 1 cup shortening with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and almond; beat well. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; stir until blended. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture mixing until just blended.
- Slightly crush corn cereal, only to the point there aren't large pieces (but not too small, you'll lose the 'crunch') Carefully stir in oats and cereal.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop dough on a cookie sheet 2" apart. Bake at 325 degrees 12 to 14 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
ALMOND CRUNCH CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 12Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 469 per serving
BROWN SUGAR ALMOND CRUNCH POUND CAKE - ON TY'S PLATE
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 401 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Make the glaze by melting the butter over low heat then add the sugar and water. Bring the mixture to boil stirring consistently. Turn off the heat and add the vanilla and almond extract. Set aside until needed.
- Beat the butter on medium speed until fluffy. Next, gradually pour the sugar into the butter. Scrape the bowl down and add one egg at a time followed by the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder. Beat in half of the flour. Scrape the bowl down then mix in the sour cream followed by the remaining flour.
- Pour the batter into a prepared bundt pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check the cake at the 50-minute mark to avoid over-baking. Remove the cake and poke holes to pour half of the almond crunch glaze. Rest the cake for 15 minutes before removing it from the pan and cooling it on a wire rack. Pour the remaining sauce over the cake.
ALMOND CRUNCH - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
5/5 (4)Category Sweets And DessertsServings 6Total Time 20 mins
CHOCOLATE ALMOND BUTTER CRUNCH RECIPE | OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC
3.5/5 (11)Servings 1Cuisine CandyCategory Desserts
ALMOND CRUNCH COFFEE CAKE - COOKING IN STILETTOS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
HOMEMADE ALMOND BUTTERCRUNCH CANDY RECIPE
4.5/5 (34)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dessert, CandyCalories 167 per serving
ALMOND BUTTER CRUNCH | CANADIAN LIVING
ALMOND CRUNCH PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CRANBERRY ALMOND CRUNCH MUFFINS RECIPE | POST CONSUMER BRANDS
ALMOND COCONUT CRUNCH - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ALMOND COCONUT CRUNCH - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
ALMOND CRUNCH | CIAO ITALIA
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #preparation #occasion #5-ingredients-or-less #easy #gifts
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make almond crunch?Toast in the preheated oven until lightly browned, approximately 5 minutes. Line a jelly roll pan with foil. In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
How long does it take to make almond buttercrunch candy?In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the brown sugar, the corn syrup, and the salt. Stir until the brown sugar dissolves. Once the brown sugar melts, start your timer and cook the candy for exactly 6 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
How to make a jelly roll with almonds?Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Arrange almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in the preheated oven until lightly browned, approximately 5 minutes. Line a jelly roll pan with foil. In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,...
How do you make toffee Crunch with chocolate?In heatproof bowl set over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate, stirring, until smooth. Let cool slightly. Using 2 forks, dip toffee pieces into chocolate, 1 at a time, tapping forks on edge of bowl to remove excess. Transfer to waxed paper–lined baking sheet; sprinkle with sliced almonds.