My husband is a meat cutter at a supermarket and likes to find new ways to smoke or barbecue meat. Several years ago, he discovered this recipe for BBQ spareribs covered in a rich barbecued sauce. It was an instant success with our family and friends. -Bette Brotzel, Billings, Montana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a Dutch oven, place ribs and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add enough water to cover ribs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender; drain. , Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. , Arrange ribs on a rack in a broiler pan. Brush with sauce. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side, brushing frequently with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1024 calories, Fat 64g fat (23g saturated fat), Cholesterol 255mg cholesterol, Sodium 2141mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 62g protein.
This recipe is easier than it sounds. I usually cook the ribs the day before and grill them for a quick dinner the next night. FYI: the sauce is much better after it is cooked. It is not a dipping sauce.
Provided by SEEsign
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut spareribs into serving size portions, wrap in double thickness of foil, and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Unwrap, and drain drippings. (I usually freeze the drippings to use later in soups.) Place ribs in a large roasting pan.
- In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, rum, chile sauce, garlic, mustard, and pepper. Coat ribs with sauce and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour, or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Position grate four inches above heat source.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Place ribs on grill, and cook for 30 minutes, basting with marinade.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 503.8 calories, Carbohydrate 23.1 g, Cholesterol 119.9 mg, Fat 30.2 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 29.9 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 715.3 mg, Sugar 20.3 g
ALMOST-FAMOUS BARBECUE CHICKEN PIZZA
When California Pizza Kitchen's cofounders created their first menu back in 1985, they had a theory: Anything that makes a great sandwich would make an even better pizza. Not all of the chain's sandwich-inspired pies have been a success (egg-salad pizza was a flop in the late '80s), but the combo of barbecue sauce and chicken on a crust turned out to be a winning formula. The Original BBQ Chicken Pizza has been the chain's top seller ever since - and Food Network Kitchens figured out the recipe so you can make a perfect copy at home.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield One 10-inch pizza
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Brush a large bowl with olive oil. Shape the pizza dough into a ball, add it to the bowl and turn to coat with the oil. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Position racks in the upper third and middle of the oven. Place a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet on the top rack and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lay out a sheet of parchment paper and brush with olive oil. Transfer the ball of dough to the parchment and roll it out into a 10-inch round, stretching it with your hands as needed. Lightly brush the dough with olive oil, cover with another piece of parchment and set aside to let rise slightly, about 30 minutes.
- While the dough rises, mix 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small bowl. Put the chicken in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and brush with the barbecue sauce mixture. Bake on the middle oven rack until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Uncover the dough and spread with the remaining 1/3 cup barbecue sauce, leaving a 3/4-inch border. Top with the chicken, gouda, mozzarella and red onion. Slide the pizza (on the parchment) onto a pizza peel or another inverted baking sheet, then slide onto the hot stone or baking sheet; bake until the cheese melts and the crust is golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
DAD'S FAMOUS BARBECUE PORK RIBS
- PREHEAT oven to 300°F.
- COMBINE the RUB ingredients in a small bowl.
- RUB mixture evenly over ribs (save any spare seasoning rub for another use).
- POUR one inch of apple juice (or water) into a roasting pan; WRAP ribs with foil and place into pan, foil-seam up; PLACE foil-wrapped ribs into roasting pan; BAKE between 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 hours (replenish liquid in pan as needed).
- MEANWHILE prepare Recipe #436708: WHISK all of the SAUCE ingredients together in a medium saucepan: One 7 oz. jar Dynasty brand plum sauce, 6 tablespoons tomato paste, 1/4 cup Apipharm brand Thyme and Wild Flower honey, 1/4 cup A-1 steak sauce, 1/4 cup white vinegar, 2 tablespoons Frank's buffalo wing sauce, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon pineapple juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons mesquite liquid smoke flavoring, 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice, 1 teaspoon Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, 1/2 teaspoon onion salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard; SIMMER sauce over low heat for 30 minutes, whisking occasionally; REMOVE from heat.
- REMOVE baked ribs from oven and pour off the fat.
- BASTE all sides of ribs with the SAUCE (Funnel extra untouched sauce into a plastic squeeze bottle or Ball canning jar then store refrigerated and capped).
- BARBECUE/GRILLING METHOD: PREHEAT grill to medium heat; SET grate four inches above coals/heat source; BRUSH grill grate with vegetable oil; PLACE ribs on grill; BASTE ribs with sauce occasionally; TURN ribs as needed; REMOVE ribs from grill when the sauce caramelizes and edges are lightly charred, without overcooking (about 15 minutes, or just slightly longer).
- BAKING METHOD: Preheat oven temp to 450°F Bake ribs unwrapped, top side down, for 8-10 minutes. SLIDE oven rack out carefully using oven mitts; TURN ribs over carefully with tongs; BASTE the top again with sauce; BAKE for a remainder of 8-10 minutes or until the sauce caramelizes and edges are lightly charred, without overcooking; ALLOW ribs to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- SERVE and ENJOY!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 901, Fat 67, SaturatedFat 21.5, Cholesterol 227.2, Sodium 1640.3, Carbohydrate 27.2, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 18.4, Protein 44.5
CONTEST-WINNING BARBECUED SPARERIBS
Meet the Cook: All of us - my husband, our two sons (19 and 16) and I - love to eat barbecued ribs. But the closest rib restaurant to us in Denver, 150 miles away. So I came up with this recipe. It's now our traditional meal on the Fourth of July. -Jane Uphoff, Idalia, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine the first four ingredients; rub over ribs. For sauce, combine the remaining ingredients; set aside. , Grill ribs, covered, over indirect heat and medium-low coals for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Add 10 briquettes to coals. Grill 30 minutes longer, basting both sides several times with sauce or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts :
SYLVIA'S FAMOUS SPARERIBS
These are the real thing. People come from around the corner, around the city, and around the world to eat these ribs at Sylvia's. The secret? Tangy, not too sweet barbecue sauce and a special way of preparing the ribs that's described here.
Provided by Tonkcats
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- To make the ribs easier to handle, cut each slab between the middle bones into 2 equal pieces.
- Rub the salt, black pepper, and red pepper into both sides of the ribs.
- Place the ribs in a deep baking dish, cover them, and refrigerate overnight. Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Pour the vinegar over the ribs and bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Rotate the ribs two or three times during baking and spoon some of the pan juices over them.
- Remove the ribs from the baking dish and place in a single layer on baking sheets.
- (Line the baking sheets with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.) Bake at 450 F for 1 hour.
- The ribs should be tender and well browned.
- This much can be done up to a day in advance. Cool the ribs, cover tightly, and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature for about 1 hour before continuing.
- To finish the ribs, preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the slabs between the bones into individual ribs.
- Place the ribs in a baking dish large enough to hold them comfortably.
- Spoon enough of the barbecue sauce over them to coat lightly.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake until heated through, about 20 minutes. Serve with additional barbecue sauce on the side.
- BARBECUE SAUCE Ruth developed this recipe because she found most barbecue sauces too vinegary or bitter, and it's the secret to our popular ribs.
- Simple to prepare and absolutely delicious, once made and strained it keeps for quite a while, at least a month.
- Combine all the ingredients in a heavy pot and heat just till hot. Don't bring to a boil or the sauce will turn dark and become thin.
- Cool the sauce to room temperature, strain it, and store it in a tightly covered jar in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 982.3, Fat 60.6, SaturatedFat 22.1, Cholesterol 240, Sodium 2151.9, Carbohydrate 48.9, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 43.4, Protein 59.7
More about "almost famous barbecue spareribs recipes"
COPYCAT FAMOUS DAVE'S RIBS - BEST BBQ RIBS RECIPE!
BRIAN'S FAMOUS BBQ SPARE RIBS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
EASY BARBECUE BAKED SPARERIBS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BBQ RECIPE SAUCE HEAVEN WHITE HOG - PYE.LEONARDO.VE.IT
HOG BBQ HEAVEN WHITE SAUCE RECIPE - UOW.IMPRESEEDILI.UDINE.IT
BARBECUED SPARERIBS RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
RECIPE WHITE HOG HEAVEN SAUCE BBQ
ALMOST-FAMOUS BARBECUE CHICKEN PIZZA RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY …
RECIPE HEAVEN WHITE SAUCE BBQ HOG - CIJ.ATCM.MODENA.IT
ALMOST-FAMOUS BARBECUE SPARERIBS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ALMOST-FAMOUS BARBECUE SPARERIBS - BBQ RECIPES
ALMOST-FAMOUS BARBECUE SPARERIBS – RECIPES NETWORK
18 FAMOUS DAVE'S RECIPES IDEAS - PINTEREST
FAMOUS DAVE'S BARBECUE SPARERIBS. COPY THAT! SECRET RESTAURANT …
OLD-FASHIONED BARBECUE SPARERIBS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
ALMOST-FAMOUS BARBECUE SPARERIBS - PLAIN.RECIPES
ALMOST-FAMOUS BARBECUE SPARERIBS | JOEYNYNE | COPY ME THAT
WHITE SAUCE BBQ HOG RECIPE HEAVEN - CGN.PATRONATO.RM.IT
THE BEST SMOKED BBQ RIBS YOU’VE EVER TASTED: LAST MEAL RIBS …
SAUCE BBQ RECIPE WHITE HEAVEN HOG - ZLQ.ADIFER.VICENZA.IT
ALMOST-FAMOUS BARBECUE SPARERIBS | JOHN QUINBY | COPY ME THAT
SAUCE HOG BBQ RECIPE HEAVEN WHITE
RECIPE FAMOUS DAVE’S LEGENDARY PIT BARBEQUE RIBS
RECIPE BBQ WHITE HOG HEAVEN SAUCE - UKF.SERRAMENTI.GENOVA.IT
RECIPE HOG SAUCE HEAVEN WHITE BBQ - OSU.TURISMO.UMBRIA.IT
ALMOST-FAMOUS BARBECUE SPARERIBS | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK …
WHITE HOG BBQ RECIPE HEAVEN SAUCE - OPM.ANCI.SARDEGNA.IT
ALMOST-FAMOUS BARBECUE SPARERIBS | RECIPE IN 2021 | SPARERIBS …
ALMOST FAMOUS | BBQ. CAJUN. CHILL | CONWAY, ARKANSAS
ALMOST-FAMOUS BARBECUE SPARERIBS | RECIPE | SPARERIBS RECIPE, …
SAUCE BBQ RECIPE HEAVEN WHITE HOG
OUR TOP 15 RECIPES - MEATHEAD'S AMAZINGRIBS.COM
ALMOST FAMOUS - ABOUT | BBQ. CAJUN. CHILL | CONWAY, ARKANSAS
BBQ WHITE SAUCE RECIPE HEAVEN HOG
DAVE’S HICKORY SMOKED SPARERIBS RECIPE | FAMOUS PRODUCTS
ALMOST-FAMOUS BARBECUE SPARERIBS RECIPE - KITCHEN INFINITY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How many times has Dave from big slab of ribs won competitions?Dave decided to keep the sign and has tried to live up to his name ever since: He has entered hundreds of barbecue competitions, winning 165 of them with his restaurant’s Big Slab of Ribs. The rub recipe is a corporate secret — only Dave and two senior execs know it — but Food Network Kitchens put together this close match.
How long to cook ribs on a charcoal grill?Rotate the ribs (keep them meat-side up and over indirect heat), then close the lid and continue cooking, 2 hours to 2 hours, 30 minutes. (For a charcoal grill, add more hot coals as needed to maintain the temperature.) Meanwhile, make the barbecue sauce: Heat the vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
How do you marinate ribs before grilling?Make the marinade: Whisk the brown sugar, vinegar, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a bowl. Put the ribs meat-side down on a cutting board. Starting at one end, slip a paring knife under the membrane that covers the back of the rack. Loosen the membrane with the knife, then pull it off.