- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, grind the almonds into a fine meal. Add the sugar and continue to process for another 15 seconds. Finally, add egg whites and almond extract, continue to process until a smooth dough forms around the blade.
- Using a teaspoon, place well rounded spoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Cookies should be at least 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Cookies should be golden. Allow cookies to cool completely on the paper before removing. Store in a dry place.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265.7 calories, Carbohydrate 30.3 g, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 16.8 mg, Sugar 26.1 g
These traditional Italian cookies are crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside and bursting with almond flavor. Enjoy the bite-sized cookies with a cup of coffee or a bowl of ice cream, day or night!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 32 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Whisk the almond flour, granulated sugar and salt in a large bowl to combine. Beat the egg whites in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 1 minute 30 seconds. Add the almond extract and beat to combine. Fold the egg whites into the dry ingredients using a rubber spatula until a shaggy dough forms.
- Put the confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Using a 1-tablespoon scoop, portion the dough and roll into balls. Toss each ball in the confectioners' sugar, coating thoroughly. Arrange the balls 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until golden brown and the tops crack, 23 to 25 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
CHOCOLATE AMARETTI COOKIES
- Adjust oven racks in the upper-third and lower-third positions. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Break the almond paste into small pieces and add it to the bowl of a food processer along with the sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Process until the almond paste is very finely chopped and well incorporated with the salt and sugar. Add the egg whites and vanilla, and process until a smooth dough forms, about 30 seconds. With a small scoop or spoon, dollop the batter onto the baking sheets, 1 tablespoon at a time, spaced 2 inches apart. Top each cookie with a few almond slivers and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake until the cookies have risen and cracked slightly but are still soft in the center, 13 to 14 minutes; rotate the baking sheets halfway through. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheets. Store in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Break the almond paste into small pieces and place in bowl of electric mixer along with the sugar.
- Mix on low speed until very fine.
- Add the egg whites in three additions, mix well after each addition.
- Continue mixing the dough until very smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place a tablespoon of dough on the cookie sheet (space them 1 inch apart).
- Lightly press the top of each cookie to smooth out the surface.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cookies have risen, are a deep golden color and have tiny cracks.
- Remove from the oven.
- When cool gently peel cookies from parchment.
- Note: If they stick to the parchment, turn the paper over, take a damp paper towel and gently wipe the bottom of the parchment paper to loosen the cookie.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127.4, Fat 4.5, SaturatedFat 0.4, Sodium 8.9, Carbohydrate 21, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 19.2, Protein 1.9
AMARETTI ITALIAN COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix chopped almonds, 2 cups white sugar, and cocoa powder together in a bowl; add eggs and almond extract and stir until batter is well mixed. Form teaspoonfuls of batter into small balls.
- Place 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl and roll balls in the sugar. Press a finger into the center of each ball, making an indentation. Place 1 almond in each indentation. Arrange cookies 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges begin to crisp, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145.4 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 16.5 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 6.4 mg, Sugar 10.8 g
BONNIE'S AMARETTI COOKIES
- Line three baking sheets with Silpat baking mats.
- Grind almonds with granulated sugar in the bowl of a food processor until fine. Transfer to a medium bowl. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add almond extract. Gently stir egg-white mixture into almond mixture to form a thick paste.
- Drop dough in rounded teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Dust with confectioners' sugar, and let stand at room temperature to dry for 2 hours.
- Place rack in center of oven, and preheat oven to 300 degrees. Transfer sheets to oven, and bake amaretti until edges are golden and cookies are firm, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
More about "amaretti cookie recipes"
SOFT AMARETTI COOKIES: TESTED UNTIL PERFECT! - SHE LOVES …
Ratings 91Calories 62 per servingCategory Dessert
AMARETTI COOKIES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.9/5 (13)Total Time 34 minsCategory Baking, Cookie, AlmondCalories 89 per serving
AMARETTI COOKIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE AMARETTI COOKIES
3.2/5 (45)Category DessertCuisine ItalianTotal Time 25 mins
- 1. Preheat the oven to 320° Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- 3. Using a hand mixer, or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 4. Gently fold or mix into dry ingredients along with almond extract. The more air that remains in the dough, the puffier the amaretti will be.
ITALIAN ALMOND COOKIES – SOFT AMARETTI (3-WAYS)
SOFT AMARETTI COOKIES | LOVE AND OLIVE OIL
CHEWY AMARETTI COOKIES - MARISA'S ITALIAN KITCHEN
25 ITALIAN COOKIE RECIPES LIKE GRANDMA MADE - INSANELY GOOD
AMARETTI COOKIES - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
ITALIAN AMARETTI COOKIES RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
AMARETTI COOKIE RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
AMARETTI - ITALIAN CHEWY ALMOND COOKIES - ITALIAN RECIPE …
NONNA'S AMARETTI COOKIES | JUST CRUMBS
TORTA DI AMARETTI | AMARETTI CAKE | ITALY MAGAZINE
10 BEST AMARETTI COOKIES DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY AMARETTI COOKIES RECIPE (AMARETTI MORBIDI)
AMARETTI BISCUITS RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
RECIPES USING AMARETTI BISCUITS - TUSCANY CHIC
AMARETTO COOKIES NO BAKE RECIPES
SOFT AMARETTI COOKIES - MARISA'S ITALIAN KITCHEN
AMARETTI COOKIES (VIDEO) - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
ITALIAN AMARETTI COOKIES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
AMARETTI COOKIES - ITALIAN ALMOND COOKIES RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN …
AMARETTI COOKIES | RICARDO
SOFT AMARETTI COOKIES (ITALIAN RECIPE) - CUCINABYELENA
CHEWY AMARETTI (ITALIAN ALMOND COOKIES) - MANGIA BEDDA
MATCHA AMARETTI COOKIES | LOVE AND OLIVE OIL
AMARETTI COOKIES RECIPE - LET THE BAKING BEGIN!
AMARETTI COOKIE RECIPE - THIS DELICIOUS HOUSE
AMARETTI COOKIE RECIPE - ITALIAN AND DELICIOUSLY HOMEMADE
RECIPE: IRRESISTIBLE AMARETTI COOKIES | ITALIAN SONS AND DAUGHTERS …
AMARETTI | TRADITIONAL COOKIE FROM ITALY | TASTEATLAS
ROBINHOOD | AMARETTI COOKIES
GLUTEN-FREE AMARETTI COOKIES RECIPE | CHATELAINE
CHEWY AMARETTI COOKIES - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
AMARETTI COOKIES - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
AMARETTI | KING ARTHUR BAKING
71 EASY AMARETTI COOKIE RECIPE IDEAS | COOKIE RECIPES, ICE CARAMEL ...
DELICIOUS & SIMPLE RECIPES MADE WITH EVERYDAY INGREDIENTS - JO …
AMARETTI COOKIE RECIPE
ITALIAN AMARETTI COOKIES RECIPE (CHEWY AND EASY TO MAKE!)
AMARETTI COOKIES - GONNA WANT SECONDS
Amaretti Cookies59K views-02:08
You NEED to bake a batch of these Amaretti Cookies!90K views-03:06
AMARETTI BISCUITS | How to Make Almond Amaretti Cookies495K views-11:17
Amaretti Cookies Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.com93K views-11:44
Amaretti Easter Recipe | Italian Almond Cookies4K views-14:16
DELICIOUS Amaretti Cookies!!13K views-05:20
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Italian Amaretti cookies?These Italian amaretti cookies have a crunchy crust and a chewy center. I love them this way. In case you prefer them to be crunchy and crispy all over, simply let them bake in the oven a little longer. Whisk egg, almond extract, sugar and salt with a fork until well combined. Add almond meal and mix until the ground almonds are equally moist.
Are Amaretti cookies gluten free?I'd like to share this simple, gluten free recipe for Soft Amaretti Cookies with all of you. Preheat oven to 325° F. Position rack in the center. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk almond flour and sugar together. Add grated lemon zest and whisk a few more times. Set aside.
What is an Amaretti biscuit recipe?This amaretti biscuit recipe means you can create these beloved little treats at home. A simple combination of egg whites, ground almonds and sugar is flavoured with vanilla and Amaretto, resulting in a gluten-free biscuit with a delightfully chewy texture.
What kind of flour do you use to make Amaretto cookies?Made with Amaretto and almond flour, these simple cookies are a perfect treat anytime of the year. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat; set aside.