CLASSIC AMERICAN BURGERS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1. Cook Morningstar® Farms Grillers Prime® Veggie Burgers according to package directions. Immediately top each burger with one slice of cheese, if desired. Let stand for 1 minute to allow cheese to melt.
- 2. Place one lettuce leaf on each bun bottom. Top with burgers, pickles, tomato slices, onion rings and bun tops. Serve with ketchup and mustard, if desired.
- ON THE GRILL:
- Preheat grill
- Use a food thermometer to be sure patties reach minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- ®, ™, ©, 2010 Kellogg NA Co. Morningstar Farms Recipes are the property of the Kellogg Company.
- This recipe has been tested and endorsed by Kellogg and Morningstar Farms®.
- Heat broiler. Divide beef into 4 rounds and place each between two layers of plastic wrap. Using a rolling pin, roll beef into 1/4-inch-thick patties. Butter inside of each bun. Place on a baking sheet, buttered side up, and toast under broiler.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over high. Generously season patties on both sides with salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook burgers 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and top each with cheese; cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Place burgers on buns and serve with desired toppings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422 g, Fat 24 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 27 g
CLASSIC HAMBURGER RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: ground beef, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, vegetable oil, cheese, hamburger buns, topping of your choice
Provided by Jordan Kenna
Yield 2 hamburgers
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Divide the beef into 2 patties, each about ¾-inch (2 cm) thick and 3 ½ inches (9 cm) in diameter. Transfer the patties to a plate or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the patties from the fridge and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil to the pan and swirl to evenly coat. Place the patties in the skillet and cook, undisturbed, on the first side for 5 minutes, until a brown crust forms.
- Flip the patties, top each with a slice of cheese (optional), and cook, undisturbed, until the patties are browned on the other side, the cheese is melted, and the meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes more for medium-well doneness.
- Remove the patties from the pan and transfer to a clean cutting board. Let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Place the burger patties on buns and serve with your favorite toppings and sauces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 759 calories, Carbohydrate 40 grams, Fat 39 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 54 grams, Sugar 5 grams
- Combine first 5 ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 4 patties. Grill burgers, covered, on an oiled rack over medium direct heat until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, about 6 minutes on each side., During the last minute of cooking, top each patty with 2 triangles American cheese and 1 triangle Swiss cheese. Serve on buns. As desired, top with lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, ketchup and mustard.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 432 calories, Fat 21g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 80mg cholesterol, Sodium 681mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
CLASSIC BURGER-JOINT CHEESEBURGER
- Preheat grill for direct-heat cooking. Gently form beef into 4 patties, each 4 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick (do not overwork meat or patties will be tough). Season generously with salt and pepper. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise onto the cut sides of each bun.
- Place patties on grill and cook, uncovered, until browned and sizzling on the bottom, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip, top each with a slice of cheese, cover grill, and cook until cheese is melted and patties are medium-rare, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate. Place buns on grill cut-side down; cook just until lightly toasted and golden brown in places, about 1 minute.
- Dress the cut side of each bottom bun with ketchup and mayonnaise (or desired condiments), then top with patties. Place a tomato slice on top of each patty and season with salt. Stack with pickles and lettuce. Dress cut side of top buns with condiments, then sandwich toppings and serve.
CLASSIC SMASHED CHEESEBURGER
We've got the secret to cooking a burger that's crispy on the outside, yet juicy on the inside: Freeze the patties for 15 minutes before cooking, then use two large griddle spatulas to smash them flat against the hottest skillet possible. Freezing the meat prevents it from cooking too quickly in the middle, which gives you time to get that deeply browned crust.
Provided by Rhoda Boone
Yield Makes 4 burgers
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, use your hands to gently combine ground sirloin and brisket. Divide into four equal-sized, loosely meat pucks about 2 1/2 inches thick. Place patties on a plate lined with plastic wrap or parchment; transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes (do not exceed this amount of time).
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle, large cast-iron skillet, or large heavy stainless-steel skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 2 tablespoons butter and place the buns, cut-side down, in the pan. Cook until cut sides are golden-brown, about 2 minutes (you may need to do this in two batches, using additional butter if needed). Place toasted buns on four plates, reserving griddle or skillet.
- Remove patties from freezer. Increase heat to high and add 2 tablespoons oil to the griddle or skillet; heat until oil begins to smoke. Working one at a time, add a patty to griddle and immediately press one of the spatulas flat on top of the patty. Use the handle of the other to hammer the spatula down, smashing the patty until 1/2 inch thick. (You'll have to hammer harder and longer than you might think.) Press down and slide the spatula to remove it without tearing the patty; generously season patty with salt and pepper. Repeat smashing process with remaining patties.
- Flip each patty once the first side is deeply browned and crisp with craggly edges, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes for medium. Season the cooked side generously with salt and pepper, then add a slice of cheese and continue to cook until melted, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes more. Transfer cooked patties to bottom burger buns.
- Top burgers with tomatoes and lettuce; spread top buns with Not-So-Secret Sauce and place on top. Serve immediately.
ALL-AMERICAN BACON CHEESEBURGERS
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties., Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 3 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with bacon and toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 472 calories, Fat 25g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 98mg cholesterol, Sodium 947mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
BLACKSTONE CLASSIC SMASH BURGERS
The appeal of a smash burger is the way the craggy edges crisp and how quickly it cooks. For our double-patty version made on a Blackstone ® flat-top style grill, we tried several different techniques. While we loved pressing the patties into onions on the griddle, it left less surface area for the meat to caramelize. Our fix was to split the difference by pressing one patty into golden onions and cook one patty plain for maximum browning and crispiness. The result is the best of both worlds: a burger loaded with flavor and texture. We would not want it any other way.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Set 2 burners to high and 2 burners to medium on a 36-inch Blackstone® Griddle Cooking Station and preheat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard and chopped pickle in a small bowl and set aside. Stir the garlic powder, onion powder, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a separate small bowl. Set aside.
- Loosely form the beef into 8 balls; set aside. Working in batches, lightly brush butter onto the medium-heat side of the griddle and toast the buns cut-side down until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Flip and keep warm while you cook the burgers.
- Brush butter onto the high-heat side of the griddle and add the onions. Cook, tossing with a metal spatula occasionally, until starting to brown slightly, about 3 minutes. Divide the onions into 4 equal piles, spacing them a couple inches apart. Top each pile with 1 ball of beef. Smash each ball with the back of a spatula or a burger press until the patty is about 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with the remining 4 beef balls directly on the griddle. Season the patties with half the seasoning mixture and continue cooking, undisturbed, until well browned, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Flip the patties, sprinkle with the remaining seasoning mixture and top each plain patty with 1 cheese slice. Continue cooking until the cheese is melted around the edges and the bottoms of the patties are browned, about 1 more minute.
- Spread the ketchup mixture on the bun tops. Fill each bun with 1 onion patty, 1 plain patty, 1 tomato slice, 1 lettuce leaf and some of the onions, if any, that were left on the griddle.
- Combine the ground beef, pickles, onion, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, ketchup, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the hamburger patties in the hot oil until the burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for well done.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside. Cover a flat surface with the flour. Divide the bread dough into 4 even pieces; roll each piece into a flattened rectangle on the floured surface at least twice the size of the American cheese slices. Place one slice of American cheese on each piece of dough; top each with one of the cooked patties and another slice of American cheese. Fold the dough over the top of the meat and cheese. Pinch the dough around the edges to seal completely. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet with the seam side facing downward. Brush the tops with the melted butter; move to a warm area and allow to rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until the bread has browned, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1037.3 calories, Carbohydrate 62.2 g, Cholesterol 201.6 mg, Fat 55.5 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 67 g, SaturatedFat 23.6 g, Sodium 1957.5 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN BURGERS
My sister got this way of making cheeseburgers from America's Test Kitchen. It is by far the best cheeseburger I have ever tasted and is best cooked on the grill. I would compare the taste of this cheeseburger to a steakhouse like Houlihan's.
Provided by hhenehan
Yield 4 burgers, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Crumble bread into mixing bowl.
- Add milk 1/2 Tbsp at a time and mash with fork until a paste-type mixture is formed. This may require an adjustment to the amount of milk, we mostly just eyeball it.
- Once paste is formed, add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Form into 1/4 lb patties and grill or pan-fry. Top with cheese if desired.
- 1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce can be replaced by 2 Tbsp A1 Steak Sauce.
AMERICAN KITCHEN CLASSIC AMERICAN CHEESEBURGER
Immigrants to the United States from German-speaking countries brought with them some of their favorite foods, such as Hamburg Steak. The Germans simply flavored shredded low-grade beef with regional spices, and both cooked and raw, it became a standard meal among the poorer classes. Sailors who had visited the ports of Hamburg, Germany and New York, brought this food and term "Hamburg steak" into popular usage. To attract German sailors, eating stands along the New York city harbor offered "steak cooked in the Hamburg style". It is believed that the first hamburger served on a bun was made by Oscar Weber Bilby of Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1891.
Provided by Member 610488
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Divide meat into 4 equal portions (about 6 oz. each). Place 1 portion on a work surface. Cup your hands around the meat and begin to gently shape it into a rounded mound. (Use light pressure as you shape so you don't pack the meat too tightly.)
- Lightly press down on the top of the meat with your palm to gently flatten it. Continue rotating and cupping the meat, patting the top of it occasionally, until you've formed a 4"-diameter, 3/4"-thick patty. Using your thumb, make a small indentation in the center to help keep the burger flat as it cooks. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining portions.
- Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high. Season one side of patties with salt and pepper; place on grill, seasoned side down. Grill until lightly charred on bottom, about 4 minutes. Season other side, turn, and top with cheese. Grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes longer for medium. Transfer burgers to buns and let stand for 3 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: Spatulas were made for flipping, not pressing on the patty. Hear that hissing sound when you do? That's all the flavorful juices dripping on the coals-they belong in the burger.
- NOTE: Hamburgers are often served with lettuce, bacon, tomato, onion, pickles, cheese and condiments such as mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup and relish. Feel free to indulge!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 602.6, Fat 35, SaturatedFat 14.1, Cholesterol 126.5, Sodium 1089.3, Carbohydrate 31.4, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 1, Protein 38
More about "american kitchen classic american cheeseburger recipes"
15 BEST CHEESEBURGER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Carl HansonEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
ALL-AMERICAN CHEESEBURGER RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
KITCHEN NIGHTMARES - CLASSIC AMERICAN - REALITY TV …
THIS ALL AMERICAN BURGER IS A CLASSIC RECIPE - THE …
CLASSIC CHEESEBURGER - I AM BAKER
BEST OLD-FASHIONED BURGERS | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
CLASSIC ALL-AMERICAN BACON CHEESEBURGERS - WOMAN'S …
AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN BURGER RECIPE | POPSUGAR FOOD
CLASSIC CHEESEBURGER - ELDA'S KITCHEN
CLASSIC SMASHED BURGER - CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF
THE BEST CHEESEBURGER RECIPE - ALSO THE CRUMBS PLEASE
CLASSIC AMERICAN BURGER WITH QUICK PICKLES – OMAHA STEAKS
CLASSIC AMERICAN BURGER RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CLASSIC AMERICAN HAMBURGER RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CLASSIC CHEESEBURGER RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE CHEESE BURGER
CLASSIC AMERICAN BURGERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLASSIC AMERICAN BURGER RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
AMERICAN KITCHEN | HIGH QUALITY COOKWARE MADE IN THE USA
I TRIED GORDON RAMSAY'S CLASSIC AMERICAN BURGER RECIPE
GORDON RAMSAY’S TOP 10 SIGNATURE BURGERS (LAS VEGAS & CHICAGO …
THE ULTIMATE ALL AMERICAN BURGER GUIDE | JULIE BLANNER
ALL-AMERICAN BARBECUE CHEESEBURGERS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
THIS ALL AMERICAN BURGER IS A CLASSIC RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CLASSIC CHEESEBURGER RECIPE ON BRIOCHE WITH LETTUCE TOMATO AND …
CLASSIC BURGER SAUCE | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN - MASTERCOOK
CHEESEBURGER RECIPE - THIS SILLY GIRL'S KITCHEN
CLASSIC CHEESEBURGERS - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
THE ULTIMATE SMASH CHEESEBURGER RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CLASSIC AMERICAN CHEESEBURGER | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
THE AMERICAN CLASSIC RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLASSIC CHEESEBURGER – MODERN HONEY
AMERICAN STYLE DIRTY BURGER - GORDON RAMSAY RESTAURANTS
THE ALL-AMERICAN CLASSIC BACON CHEDDAR BURGER - TASTY KITCHEN
CLASSIC TURKEY BURGERS | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
BEST SANDWICH RECIPES - CLASSIC AMERICAN SANDWICHES
CLASSIC BEEF CHEESEBURGERS RECIPE BY JACQUI WEDEWER
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a classic American cheeseburger recipe?Classic American Cheeseburger Recipe – Bite into this delicious and juicy cheeseburger with melted American cheese, fresh tomato, crisp lettuce, onions and lean ground beef. American cheese burgers are an all time favorite amongst burger eaters and today we are going to learn how to make the Classic American Cheeseburger.
What is a cheeseburger?The classic cheeseburger -ground beef, cheese, and all of the fixings sandwiched between buttered brioche. This timeless American burger recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! Divide the beef into four portions and then patty into 1/2 inch thick rounds. Season both sides of the burger patties generously with salt and pepper.
How long do you cook a burger on each side?Heat a skillet with oil over medium-high heat. Cook the burger patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the beef is fully cooked through. Add one slice of each cheese to each burger patty and cover with a lid. Cook for an additional minute or until the cheese melts completely. Serve.
What do you put on a cheeseburger?Bite into this delicious and juicy cheeseburger with melted American cheese, fresh tomato, crisp lettuce, onions and lean ground beef. Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and egg; mix until thoroughly combined.