GOOD OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.3 calories, Carbohydrate 21.7 g, Cholesterol 37.7 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 503.6 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
AMERICAN BREAKFAST PANCAKES
These are those thick, spongy American pancakes that are often eaten with warm maple syrup and crisp fried bacon. I love them with the syrup alone, but if you do want bacon, I think streaky is best. You can easily cook these pancakes by dolloping the batter onto a hot griddle (smooth, nor ridged, side) or heavy based pan. For US cup measures, use the toggle at the top of the ingredients list.
Provided by Nigella
Yield Serves: 4-6
Number Of Ingredients 8
- The easiest way to make these is to put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz. But if you do mix up the batter by hand in a bowl, make a well in the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, beat in the eggs, melted butter and milk, and transfer to a jug: it's much easier to pour the batter into the pan than to spoon it. Heat a smooth griddle or pan on the stove. When you cook the pancakes, all you need to remember is that when the upper side of the pancake is blistering and bubbling it's time to cook the second side, and this needs only about 1 minute, if that. I get about 16 silver-dollar-sized pancakes out of this.
FLUFFY AMERICAN PANCAKES
This easy American pancake recipe makes light and fluffy pancakes that are great for a weekend brunch. Try adding a large handful of fresh blueberries to the batter before cooking. Each serving provides 256 kcal, 7g protein, 35g carbohydrates (of which 9g sugars), 9.5g fat (of which 5.5g saturates), 1.5g fibre and 1.2g salt.
Provided by Louisa Carter
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl. In a separate bowl or jug, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter. Any lumps will soon disappear with a little mixing. Let the batter stand for a few minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. When it's melted, add a ladle of batter (or two if your frying pan is big enough to cook two pancakes at the same time). It will seem very thick but this is how it should be. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen to about 1cm/½in thick.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up. You can keep the pancakes warm in a low oven, but they taste best fresh out the pan.
- Serve with lashings of real maple syrup and extra butter, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256kcal, Carbohydrate 35g, Fat 9.5g, Fiber 1.5g, Protein 7g, SaturatedFat 5.5g, Sugar 9g
Easy, American-style, fluffy pancakes are great for feeding a crowd at breakfast or brunch. Top with something sweet like fruit, jam or syrup, or rashers of crispy bacon.
Provided by Miriam Nice
Categories Breakfast, Brunch
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix 200g self-raising flour, 1 ½ tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp golden caster sugar and a pinch of salt together in a large bowl.
- Create a well in the centre with the back of your spoon then add 3 large eggs, 25g melted butter and 200ml milk.
- Whisk together either with a balloon whisk or electric hand beaters until smooth then pour into a jug.
- Heat a small knob of butter and 1 tsp of oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When the butter looks frothy, pour in rounds of the batter, approximately 8cm wide. Make sure you don't put the pancakes too close together as they will spread during cooking. Cook the pancakes on one side for about 1-2 mins or until lots of tiny bubbles start to appear and pop on the surface. Flip the pancakes over and cook for a further minute on the other side. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve your pancakes stacked up on a plate with a drizzle of maple syrup and any of your favourite toppings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 46 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein, Sodium 1.25 milligram of sodium
- Preheat griddle to medium-high heat.
- In large bowl, beat eggs; stir in milk and oil.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir just until large lumps disappear.
- For thicker pancakes, add 1/4 cup flour; for thinner pancakes, add 1/4 cup milk.
- Lightly grease heated griddle.
- Pour batter, about 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared griddle.
- Bake until bubbles form and edges start to dry; turn and bake other side.
- Serve hot. Great with strawberries and freshly whipped cream; on Fourth of July or Memorial Day weekend, add blueberries.
More about "american pancakes recipes"
AMERICAN FLUFFY PANCAKES RECIPE · DELICIOUSLY ELLA
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST PANCAKES EVER! AMERICAN PANCAKES …
AMERICAN PANCAKE RECIPE - FLUFFY, FILLING AND FOOLPROOF
33. AMERICAN PANCAKES - SWEET PANCAKE RECIPES - NETMUMS
AMERICAN STYLE PANCAKES | BAKING MAD
AMERICAN PANCAKES RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
EASY FLUFFY AMERICAN PANCAKES - DEL'S COOKING TWIST
AMERICAN PANCAKES RECIPE - YUMMLY RECIPES
EASY AMERICAN PANCAKES RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
HOW TO MAKE FLUFFY AMERICAN PANCAKES – THE BEST RECIPE
AMERICAN PANCAKES RECIPE - BEST FOODS
AMERICAN PANCAKES AUTHENTIC RECIPE | TASTEATLAS
10 AMERICAN PANCAKES RECIPES AND IDEAS FOR A DELICIOUS …
EASY AMERICAN PANCAKES RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
AMERICAN PANCAKES - SWEETLY CAKES FLUFFLY AND SO FAST TO MAKE
INA GARTEN BUTTERMILK PANCAKES - CHEFS & RECIPES
AMERICAN PANCAKE - EASY HOMEMADE PANCAKE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH
ALL-AMERICAN PANCAKES | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
AMERICAN-STYLE PANCAKES | RICARDO
AMERICAN PANCAKES | TRADITIONAL PANCAKE FROM UNITED STATES OF …
AMERICAN PANCAKE RECIPE - EAT DESSERT FIRST
AMERICAN PANCAKES - COOKING CIRCLE
AMERICAN PANCAKES | AMERICAN RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
HOW TO MAKE AMERICAN PANCAKES FLUFFY - RECIPESPANCAKES.COM
THICK AND FLUFFY AMERICAN PANCAKES - SWEETEST MENU
AMERICAN PANCAKES (+ TIPS FOR FLUFFY PANCAKES) - PROPER FOODIE
AMERICAN STYLE PANCAKE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER PANCAKE RECIPES
AMERICAN PANCAKES RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
THE BEST FLUFFY AMERICAN PANCAKES RECIPE - LINDA HERMANS …
AMERICAN STYLE PANCAKES RECIPE | ODLUMS
FAST AND FLUFFY AMERICAN PANCAKES RECIPE - SCRAMBLED CHEFS
THICK AMERICAN-STYLE PANCAKES | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
AMERICAN PANCAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
AMERICAN FLUFFY PANCAKES - THERESCIPES.INFO
CLASSIC AMERICAN PANCAKES - VIKALINKA
CLASSIC AMERICAN PANCAKES RECIPE - UNCUT RECIPES
BEST AMERICAN PANCAKE RECIPES - QUICK, EASY AND DELICIOUS
VEGAN CORNBREAD PANCAKES ARE TWO AMERICAN FAVORITES IN ONE
HOW TO MAKE AMERICAN PANCAKES | TESCO REAL FOOD
CLASSIC AMERICAN PANCAKES - YOUTUBE
10 MINUTE AMERICAN PANCAKES (WITH VIDEO) - JACKSLOBODIAN
You'll also love