ANDALUSIAN FLAMENCO EGGS
Perfect if friends drop in or after an exhausting day at the sales this traditional Andalusian meal is bursting full of healthy tomatoes and peppers and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
Provided by louise_fro
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Make a sofrito by frying the onion and peppers slowly in the olive oil, when they're soft add the garlic (approx. 10min).
- Continue to fry briefly until the garlic releases its aroma then add the tomatoes and smoked paprika and fry the sofrito gently for 15 min. Season to taste.
- Divide the sofrito into 4 ramekins, break 2 eggs on top of each and place 2 slices of ham, 2 slices of chorizo and a handful of peas on top.
- Preheat oven to 200C and bake the ramekins for about 10 mins or until the eggs are set but still runny.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
- Special Equipment: 4 (6-inch wide) flat ovenproof dishes such as terra cotta cazuelas
- Coat a saucepan with olive oil, add the onions and bring to a medium heat. Season the onions with salt and sweat for 7 to 8 minutes or until the onions are soft and very aromatic. Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes. Add the chorizo and pimenton and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and season with salt. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust, if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Oil the cazuelas. Fill each dish about halfway with the tomato sauce. Break 2 eggs into each dish and sprinkle with grated cheese. Place the cazuelas into the preheated oven and bake until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny, about 8 minutes.
- When the eggs are done, sprinkle with chives and serve.
ANDALUSIAN FLAMENCO EGGS
- Cut the ham into small pieces and fry in the oil or butter, with the onion, until it begins to color.
- Add the other vegetables and sufficent stock to moisten, then saute gently for a few minutes, stirring carefully.
- Add the sliced sausage and put the mixture into an ovenproof dish; break the eggs on top and put in a hot oven (450*) for a few minutes, until the eggs are set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 720.4, Fat 42.8, SaturatedFat 14.3, Cholesterol 437.8, Sodium 1193.3, Carbohydrate 47.7, Fiber 10.8, Sugar 12.4, Protein 35.9
HUEVOS A LA FLAMENCA
In Spain eggs appear in many forms and at different times of the day. Huevos a la Flamenca is an egg cassoulet native to Andulasia, home of the flamenco dance. The eggs are baked atop a thick, spicy "sofrito" sauce. Posted for ZWT!
Provided by breezermom
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet cook the sausage, ham, onion, and garlic until the onion is tender, and the sausage is brown. Drain off fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, red or green pepper, tomato puree, pimento, thyme, oregano, and ground red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered about 15 minutes or till the liquid is almost evaporated.
- Spoon the sauce into six lightly greased 8 or 10 oz individual casseroles. Carefully break one egg at a time into a small dish; slide one into each casserole. Arrange asparagus and peas around the eggs.
- Bake, uncovered in a 350 degree oven about 20 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348, Fat 21.7, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 237.5, Sodium 1092.2, Carbohydrate 12.2, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 6.2, Protein 25.9
ANDALUSIAN PORK ROLLS
- Mix parsley and garlic in small bowl. Place pork between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Using mallet, pound pork to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut each pork cutlet into 5x3-inch rectangle. Top each with 1 ham slice. Sprinkle with parsley mixture. Starting at short end, roll up each cutlet; secure with toothpicks. Dip into egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Pour oil into deep medium skillet to depth of 1 inch and heat to 375°F. Add pork rolls and fry until golden and cooked through, about 13 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Cut rolls crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide slices.
More about "andalusian flamenco eggs recipes"
FLAMENCO EGGS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
FLAMENCO EGGS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4/5 (14)Total Time 40 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 553 per serving
FLAMENCO EGGS - LIDL RECIPES
ANDALUSIAN FLAMENCO EGGS | COOKING WITH GROUND BEEF, RECIPES, …
EGGS FLAMENCO - STORY OF A KITCHEN
ANDALUSIAN FLAMENCO EGGS - PINTEREST
FLAMENCO EGGS WITH TOMATO & SERRANO HAM - THE HAPPY FOODIE
HUEVOS A LA FLAMENCO RECIPE: ANDALUSIA COOKBOOK - CHOWHOUND
HUEVOS A LA FLAMENCA RECIPE | SPANISH RECIPES - BASCO FINE FOODS
RECIPE: 'HUEVOS A LA FLAMENCA'. SPANISH CUISINE - SPAIN.INFO
ANDALUSIAN FLAMENCO EGGS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
3 MOST POPULAR ANDALUSIAN EGG DISHES - TASTEATLAS
7 SIMPLE ANDALUSIAN DISHES' RECIPES | SPANISH CUISINE FOR DUMMIES
8 TYPICAL ANDALUSIAN DISHES: A TRADITIONAL RECIPE FROM EACH PROVINCE
ANDALUSIAN EGGS RECIPE – HUEVOS A LA FLAMENCA – SPANISH RECIPES
FLAMENCO EGGS (HUEVOS A LA FLAMENCA) - CAROLINE'S COOKING
ANDALUSIAN FOOD: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE + RECIPES - SPANISH SABORES
ANDALUSIAN FLAMENCO EGGS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
ANDALUSIAN CUISINE : YOU MAY ALREADY LIKE IT WITHOUT KNOWING.
FLAMENCO EGGS: QUICK AND SIMPLE DISH - COOKIST.COM
FLAMENCO EGGS - CHEF RECIPE BY RICK STEIN RECIPE | AGFG
FLAMENCO EGGS | SPANISH STYLE BAKED EGGS WITH CHORIZO
SEVILLE - FLAMENCO EGGS - ANDALUCIA.COM
LORRAINE RIMMER: HUEVOS A LA FLAMENCO (ANDALUSIAN FLAMENCO …
FLAMENCO EGGS - ANNA'S FAMILY KITCHEN
FLAMENCO EGGS (HUEVOS A LA FLAMENCO) RECIPE : SBS FOOD
EASY HUEVOS A LA FLAMENCA RECIPE – DEVOUR TOURS
ANDALUSIAN BAKED EGGS (HUEVOS A LA FLAMENCA) RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
ANDALUSIAN EGGS - EHORSEGEAR.COM
#THATTRANSLATORCANCOOK: FLAMENCO EGGS - STEPHANIE MARTINEZ-HILL
FLAMENCO STYLED EGGS - HUEVOS A LA FLAMENCA - SPAIN ON A FORK
RECIPES - OFFICIAL ANDALUSIA TOURISM WEBSITE
RECIPE - HUEVOS A LA FLAMENCA (FLAMENCO EGGS) - SPANISH FOOD …
ANDALUSIAN FOOD RECIPES - SPANISH FOOD GUIDE
ANDALUSIAN FLAMENCO EGGS | RECIPE | COOKING WITH GROUND BEEF, …
HUEVOS A LA FLAMENCA | TRADITIONAL EGG DISH FROM ANDALUSIA, SPAIN
FLAMENCO EGGS, HUEVOS A LA FLAMENCA, SPANISH ANDALUSIAN CUISINE
FLAMENCO EGGS – SPANISH STYLE BAKED EGGS WITH VEGGIES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #for-1-or-2 #breakfast #spanish #easy #european #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
Spanish Flamenco Eggs | A Classic Dish from the South of Spain20K views-08:59
Baked eggs with chorizo in tomato sauce | Huevos a la flamenca4K views-05:02
Flamenco Styled Eggs - Huevos a la Flamenca2K views-03:00
Medieval Andalusian stuffed & deep-fried eggs132 views-02:37
How To Make Flamenco Eggs | Recipes | KOOKKU Food2.9K views-02:03
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the best ways to make fried flamenco eggs?Flamenco Eggs is one of those dish, that is simply irresistible delightful. This is easy version of making the famous Spanish egg recipe ” Huevos a la flamenca” . Salt per taste. Heat the oil in your skillet ( lodge cast iron can go directly into the oven too) . Fry the garlic and onion gently for few minutes.
What is a Flamenca egg?Flamenca Eggs or “Huevos a la Flamenca” is a simple tomato, ham (Spanish jamon serrano or iberico, even better!), chorizo and eggs dish. Huevos a la flamenca is traditionally cooked in a clay pot, which preserves the heat and somehow, gives this dish a special flavour and touch.
What are huevos a La Flamenca?(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) Huevos a la flamenca (flamenco eggs) are one of the tastiest Spanish egg recipes. Easy to make, it is an old and very traditional Spanish egg dish, with many different versions, depending on the area they come from.
How do you make the best Andalusian dish?Slice the spring onions, the cod and the oranges, removing the white part of the orange skin. Finally, mix potatoes, oranges, olives, spring onions and cod, add some salt and extra virgin olive oil. You will be amazed by this Andalusian dish flavour combination!