APPLE LAVENDER MUFFINS
From my local paper they say, "The resinous floral flavor of lavender is lightened by sweet apples in these muffins. Fresh or dry lavender flowers can be used interchangeably since their flavor and volume are nearly the same. Look for dried lavender in the bulk herb section of your grocer or natural foods store." Sounds too good to pass up...
Provided by CaliforniaJan
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat 12 muffin tins with cooking spray or line with muffin cups.
- In large bowl, sift together flour; sugar; baking powder and salt. Make a well in center.
- In separate bowl, whisk together milk, lavender; butter and egg. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir by hand just until batter is evenly moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup of the apples.
- Fill prepared muffin tins about three-quarters full. Gently tap filled tins to release any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle remaining diced apple over muffins. Bake until skewer inserted into center of a muffin comes our clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool muffins in pan about 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.4, Fat 8.6, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 39.4, Sodium 223.1, Carbohydrate 22.4, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 9.5, Protein 2.6
APPLE SPICE MUFFINS RECIPE BY TASTY
Fill your kitchen with the cozy aromas of fall with these apple spice muffins. Shredded apple and applesauce add moisture and natural sweetness without the extra sugar. If jumbo muffins aren't your thing, this recipe will make 12 standard-sized muffins; just reduce the cooking time by about 5 minutes.
Provided by Karlee Rotoly
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Make the apple spice blend: in a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Make the muffins: In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup (125 G) all-purpose flour, the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1 tablespoon of the spice blend.
- In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer on medium speed or whisk to beat the butter until light yellow and aerated, about 2 minutes. Add the granulated and brown sugars and continue beating until light, fluffy, and nearly doubled in volume, 2 minutes more. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the applesauce and shredded apple and stir with a rubber spatula to incorporate.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet and gently fold to combine, being careful not to overmix. Add 1¾ cups of the diced apples to the remaining dry ingredients and toss to coat, then add to the wet ingredients and gently fold to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin with paper liners and lightly grease with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the remaining ¾ cup diced apples, melted butter, remaining 1 tablespoon flour, and remaining 1½ teaspoons of apple spice blend.
- Evenly divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups. Top each muffin with some of the apple topping and sprinkle with the demerara sugar.
- Bake the muffins for 15 minutes, then rotate the muffin tin 180° and bake for 12-15 minutes more, until the muffins are puffed and golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calories, Carbohydrate 52 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 6 grams, Sugar 26 grams
LAVENDER POPPY SEED MUFFINS
These muffins are so easy to put together. The lavender flavor really works well with lemon. If you've never baked with lavender, start with just 1 or 2 teaspoons for a more subtle flavor. -Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first 7 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk milk, melted butter and egg until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. , Fill 12 paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203 calories, Fat 9g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 293mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
LIGHT APPLE STUFFING MUFFINS
I decided to combine my wheat muffin recipe with the rest of the ingredients that I use to make stuffing. These muffins make healthy finger food stuffing on-the-go. They are sweet and savory with a buttery-like taste.
Provided by JJsMa
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Whisk water, milk powder, margarine, white sugar, eggs, sucralose, baking powder, salt, thyme, baking soda, onion powder, garlic powder, minced onion, and black pepper together in a large bowl. Whisk all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour into milk powder mixture until batter is thick. Fold apples and celery into batter; spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Rotate muffin pans and bake until set and golden, 5 to 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 153 calories, Carbohydrate 24.2 g, Cholesterol 16.2 mg, Fat 4.5 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 447 mg, Sugar 8.3 g
More about "apple lavender muffins recipes"
APPLE LAVENDER MUFFINS | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
Reviews 1Category Desserts-MuffinsServings 12Total Time 35 mins
APPLE LAVENDER MUFFINS - MAD LAVENDER FARM
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
APPLE CRUMBLE MUFFINS (WITH PIE FILLING) - EASY AND DELISH
APPLE LAVENDER MUFFINS
LEMON LAVENDER MUFFINS – BACK TO THE ROOTS
13 APPLE MUFFIN RECIPES TO START YOUR DAY RIGHT | MYRECIPES
LEMON LAVENDER MUFFINS - FOR THE LOVE OF GOURMET
LEMON LAVENDER MUFFINS RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
MAGIC STAY-MOIST APPLE MUFFINS | RECIPETIN EATS
APPLE PIE MUFFINS - LAVENDER AND LOVAGE
APPLE PIE MUFFINS FOR BRAMLEY APPLE WEEK - LAVENDER AND LOVAGE
10 BEST LAVENDER MUFFINS RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE LAVENDER MUFFINS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RECIPE: LAVENDER APPLE MUFFINS STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
APPLE MUFFINS (DELICIOUS FALL BREAKFAST) - A PINCH OF HEALTHY
APPLE MUFFIN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
APPLE CINNAMON MUFFINS - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
LAVENDER-APPLE MUFFINS - RECIPE
LAVENDER MUFFINS | HEALTHY APERTURE
APPLE MUFFINS WITH CRUMB TOPPING - MOM ON TIMEOUT
APPLE LAVENDER MUFFINS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
LAVENDER BLUEBERRY MUFFINS - A BEAUTIFUL MESS
RECIPE: APPLE LAVENDER MUFFINS – ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
APPLE LAVENDER GALETTE RECIPE - EASY DESSERT - PIE CRUST
APPLE MUFFINS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
LAVENDER BLUEBERRY MUFFINS — THE LAVENDER APPLE | LAVENDER FARM
APPLE LAVENDER MUFFINS – THE MERCURY NEWS
LAVENDER MUFFINS | RECIPE | LAVENDER DESSERT, LAVENDER RECIPES, …
APPLE LAVENDER MUFFINS RECIPE - BREAKFAST.FOOD.COM
OLD FASHIONED APPLE MUFFINS - I AM BAKER
FEEL-GOOD APPLE MUFFINS RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
APPLE CRISP MUFFINS | RICARDO
APPLE JELLY WITH LAVENDER - BY ANDREA JANSSEN
BEST EVER APPLE MUFFINS - SWEETEST MENU
HEALTHY APPLE OATMEAL MUFFINS - COOKIE AND KATE
LAVENDER MUFFINS | THEBESTDESSERTRECIPES.COM
APPLE LAVENDER MUFFINS RECIPE - BREAKFAST.FOOD.COM | RECIPE
10 BEST APPLE ALMOND FLOUR MUFFINS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FALL INFUSED APPLE COBBLER MUFFIN RECIPE | JULIE BLANNER
HEALTHY APPLE MUFFINS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #breads #breakfast #fruit #muffins #quick-breads #apples
You'll also love