APPLE MEAT LOAF
"This is a little twist on the great meatloaf my mom made when I was a kid," says Deborah Williams of Peoria, Arizona. "The apple gives it a bit of a sweet flavor and helps keep it moist."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the apple, bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper and allspice. Stir in onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 6x5-in. loaf., Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 143mg cholesterol, Sodium 663mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
This is our favorite meatloaf, its fast and easy to make and the leftovers are great in sandwiches or rolled up in soft tacos with cheese tomato and lettuce.
Provided by Dancer
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- Combine all ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Form into loaf and place in 10- x 14-inch baking pan (or pack into large, greased loaf pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470.3, Fat 27.2, SaturatedFat 11, Cholesterol 183.3, Sodium 954.7, Carbohydrate 23, Fiber 2, Sugar 7.2, Protein 31.9
APPLE SPICED MEATLOAF
Lower calorie, moist and flavorful! Applesauce with chopped onion, adds flavor and moistness to an easy meatloaf recipe that topped with a brown sugar mustard glaze.
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook onion and garlic in microwave for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Combine onion and garlic with sage, parsley and bread crumbs, 3/4 cup applesauce, egg, cinnamon, cardamom, salt and pepper in large bowl and mix well.
- Stir in beef and pork and mix gently just until combined.
- Shape mixture into loaf and place in a 1 quart baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make Apple Glaze. Combine 1 cup applesauce, apple liquour, mustard and brown sugar in small saucepan. Heat and stir until well blended.
- After the meatloaf has been in the oven for 1/2 hour, spoon some of the apple glaze over and continue baking. Baste with the glaze every 20 minutes until internal temperature registers 160 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let meatloaf sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367.5, Fat 18.4, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 82.4, Sodium 632, Carbohydrate 29.6, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 4.6, Protein 20.4
I was given this recipe by my matron of honor more than 25 years ago. It is a family favorite. It is quite different from the usual meatloaf, sweet enough that the kids love it, but the Dijon mustard cuts the sweetness so adults will enjoy it as well.
Provided by Judy from Hawaii
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine meatloaf ingredients and shape into a round loaf in a 8 or 9" baking pan.
- Make a depression in the middle of the loaf.
- Combine filling ingredients& pour into depression in loaf.
- Bake at 350 for one hour.
- If necessary, pour off grease before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355.5, Fat 18.8, SaturatedFat 7.1, Cholesterol 130, Sodium 215.5, Carbohydrate 21.9, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 4.2, Protein 23.8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and nuts.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine, sugar and 1 egg until smooth. Beat in second egg, and stir in vanilla. Stir in shredded apples. Pour flour mixture into batter; stir just until moistened. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes, then remove from pan. Place on a rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 258.6 calories, Carbohydrate 34.9 g, Cholesterol 51.3 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 256.8 mg, Sugar 18 g
APPLE-RAISIN MEAT LOAF
You won't believe just how good this recipe is until you try it. We grow our own grapes and process them into raisins.-Linda Miller, Lodi, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients. Add ground beef; mix well. Pat mixture into a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Drain. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 98mg cholesterol, Sodium 509mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
CLASSIC SPICY MEATLOAF
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, green onions, carrot, celery, and garlic until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Cover skillet with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrot is tender, about 5 more minutes. Stir 1/3 cup ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper into vegetable mixture; cook until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Mix ground beef, sausage, vegetable mixture, bread crumbs, parsley, and eggs in a large bowl; form into a loaf and place in a rectangular baking pan with 2-inch high sides. Cover loaf with remaining 1/3 cup ketchup.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 531.9 calories, Carbohydrate 26.2 g, Cholesterol 172.9 mg, Fat 32.9 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 32.5 g, SaturatedFat 13.1 g, Sodium 1691.1 mg, Sugar 9.5 g
CHEESY APPLE AND OAT MEATLOAF
No one in our household liked meatloaf until I threw this together one day. Now even my picky 8-year-old will eat it! It is really moist which is why everyone likes it but has a bit of crust on outside.
Provided by MeggieSuzel
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix the beef, pork, egg, apple, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl until evenly mixed. Add the Cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, and oats; mix again until evenly mixed. Pack the meat mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (72 degrees C). Allow the meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes before slicing to keep the meat from crumbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376.7 calories, Carbohydrate 14.8 g, Cholesterol 122.5 mg, Fat 22.5 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 27.4 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 507.4 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
TANGY APPLE CHICKEN LOAF
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the celery and onion with 1/2 teaspoon of salt, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and browned, about 12 minutes. Stir in the carrot, and cook for 5 more minutes; stir in the apple, and remove the mixture from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly mix together the ground chicken, egg, 1/3 cup of applesauce, milk, bread crumbs, poultry seasoning, sage, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper. Mix in the cooked vegetable-apple mixture. Form the mixture into a loaf, and place into the center of a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together 1/3 cup of applesauce, the Dijon mustard, and honey into a smooth mixture, and spread the glaze over the top and sides of the meat loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) until the internal temperature of the loaf is 180 degrees F (80 degrees C), about 30 more minutes. Allow the loaf to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206.9 calories, Carbohydrate 14.4 g, Cholesterol 84.4 mg, Fat 6.6 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 22 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 498.9 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
More about "apple spiced meatloaf recipes"
ASTRAY RECIPES: APPLE SPICE LOAF
SPICED MEATLOAF RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
APPLE SPICE CAKE DONUTS - MEATLOAF AND MELODRAMA
APPLESAUCE IN MEATLOAF RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CHICKEN AND APPLE MEATLOAVES RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
CLASSIC MEATLOAF - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
MOIST APPLESAUCE MEATLOAF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
IMPOSSIBLE™ SPICY MEATLOAF RECIPE | IMPOSSIBLE FOODS
PORK AND APPLE MEATLOAF | RICARDO
AMISH MEATLOAF - EASY APPLE MEATLOAF RECIPE FROM PLATTER …
APPLE SAGE CHICKEN MEATLOAF - SUNKISSED KITCHEN
SUPER MOIST MEATLOAF - MUSSELMAN'S
APPLE HOISIN PORK MEATLOAF RECIPE - HOME CHEF
BACON APPLE MEATLOAF IS SPICED TO PERFECTION WITH ONIONS, APPLES, …
ASIAN SPICED APPLE MEATLOAF (RECIPE) - SUNFLOWERS AND THORNS
PORK & APPLE MEATLOAF MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
APPLE MEATLOAF : 8 STEPS - INSTRUCTABLES
SPICED APPLE BARBECUE SAUCE & TURKEY MEATLOAF RECIPE
APPLE SPICED MEATLOAF RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SPICED APPLE OAT MEATBALLS - KATH EATS REAL FOOD
APPLE MEATLOAF WITH ASIAN 5 SPICE GLAZE. . . | THESAUCYSECRET
RECIPE: SHEET PAN TURKEY & APPLE MEATLOAF WITH SPICY MAPLE …
WORLD BEST GARLIC COOKING RECIPES : APPLE SPICED MEATLOAF
APPLE PIE DUMP CAKE RECIPE - MEATLOAF AND MELODRAMA
SPICED APPLE RINGS - BCTREEFRUITS.COM
APPLE SPICED PANCAKES - THE PIONEER WOMAN
APPLE SPICED MEATLOAF - CHAMPSDIET.COM
SPICED APPLE OATMEAL CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
APPLE SPICED MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, …
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #beef #fruit #vegetables #american #oven #roast #dinner-party #picnic #ground-beef #apples #meat #onions #taste-mood #savory #sweet #to-go #equipment #presentation #served-hot #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook meatloaf with pork and Apple?Meatloaf | RICARDO Pork and Apple Meatloaf With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. In a bowl, combine the meat, apples, breadcrumbs, spices, and Worcestershire sauce.
What is the best way to make meatloaf?Lightly grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, combine the 2 kinds of ground meat with the chopped onion, egg, applesauce, breadcrumbs, 3 tablespoons of ketchup, salt, and pepper; mix thoroughly with your hands. Pat the meatloaf mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
Why is applesauce used in meatloaf?The ingredient is applesauce! The applesauce adds some natural sweetness and moisture to the loaf, and the flavor complements the beef and pork nicely without overwhelming. The meatloaf is a flavorful combination of ground beef and pork.
What is the best way to make apple loaf bread?Directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan. Mix together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and nuts. In a large bowl, beat margarine, sugar and 1 egg until smooth. Beat in second egg, and stir in vanilla. Stir in shredded apples.