HOLIDAY APRICOT KUGEL
I first came across this recipe while visiting my wife's family in Buck's County, PA. It goes great with Thanksgiving dinner as a side dish. The original recipe was savory and comes from Eastern Europe and dates back more than 1,000 years. This particular recipe is most likely a variation of a recipe brought over to the new world by German/Dutch immigrants.
Provided by 440DartRacer
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x12 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together the apricot preserves, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt, and mix to thoroughly combine. Fold in the cottage cheese and noodles, and spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the center of the kugel is cooked and set, about 50 minutes. Remove the kugel and top with Cheddar cheese, return to the oven, and bake until the cheese is browned and bubbling, about 10 minutes. Let the kugel rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376.9 calories, Carbohydrate 42.5 g, Cholesterol 126.9 mg, Fat 18.3 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 12.2 g, SaturatedFat 10.6 g, Sodium 291.3 mg, Sugar 18.6 g
KUGEL WITH APRICOT NECTAR
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Make the kugel: Brush a 4-quart shallow baking dish with margarine. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook as the label directs. Drain well, then transfer to the prepared baking dish. Add the margarine and stir to melt and coat the noodles.
- Beat the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons apricot nectar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add the sugar, then the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the milk and the remaining apricot nectar; beat until smooth and creamy. Pour the mixture over the noodles; stir to coat.
- Make the topping: Combine the cornflakes, melted margarine and sugar in a medium bowl. Sprinkle on top of the noodle mixture and bake until just set in the center, about 1 hour. (If the topping is golden but the kugel is not yet set, turn off the oven and keep the kugel inside up to 20 more minutes.) Let cool 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
APRICOT CRANBERRY CAKE
This cranberry and apricot cake is a yummy treat for breakfast or brunch. Its aroma while baking calls everyone to the kitchen. -Helen Borkoski, Silver Spring, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix and sugar. In another bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt, orange juice, oil and almond extract. Stir into biscuit mixture just until combined. Fold in the cranberries, apricots and almonds., Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely. , In a bowl, combine the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts :
APRICOT CHEESE KUGEL
This sweet noodle kugel is a fun dessert and a super addition to any brunch buffet. My family and friends scrape the pan clean. I got the recipe from my sister years ago. -Florence Palermo, Melrose Park, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth; stir in lemon juice. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Drain and rinse noodles; add to egg mixture. , Spoon half into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the preserves; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon. Repeat layers. , Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466 calories, Fat 21g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 233mg cholesterol, Sodium 224mg sodium, Carbohydrate 61g carbohydrate (39g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
APRICOT AND CRANBERRY JELLY
- Boil the water and sugar together for 5 minutes. Add the cranberries and apricots. Simmer until the cranberry skins burst, about 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the orange zest and cool.
- Note: A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
FANTASTIC APPLE-CRANBERRY APRICOT MATZOH KUGEL!
This is better than any bread pudding!!! This is best served at room temperature, yeah right, just try and wait that long, you will have it half gone before it even reaches room temperature LOL! it is THAT good, try this, you will LOVE IT! Dried cherries can be used in place of the dried apricots and raisins can be replaced for the cranberries, I use Ocean Spray Craisins when I make this! If you prefer a less sweeter kugel then reduce the white sugar to 1-1/4 cups or less.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 3-quart casserole dish (you can also make this in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, I used my 3-quart Corning Ware casserole dish for this).
- In a bowl toss the apple pieces with 1/3 cup brown sugar (can use less than 1/3 cup sugar if desired) and 1/4 cup fresh orange juice; set aside.
- In another bowl soak the matzoh pieces in 1 cup warm water until soft but not mushy; set aside.
- While the matzoh is soaking, in a large bowl whisk the eggs until well blended; add in the salt, cinnamon, 1-1/2 cups sugar, melted butter, cranberries (or Craisins) and chopped dried apricots; mix to combine.
- Gently squeeze the liquid from the matzohs (don't worry about squeezing all of the water out completely!) add to the egg mixture along with the chopped apples; mix very well.
- Transfer the mixture into greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle lightly with about 2 tablespoons white or brown sugar, then dot all over with the cold butter pieces.
- Bake covered with foil for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven uncover, then return and bake uncovered for another 20 minutes, or until the casserole is set.
- Serve at room temperature.
CRANBERRY APRICOT COMPOTE
- Quarter apricots and pick over cranberries. In a 3-quart saucepan bring water, sugar, and apricots to a boil and simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved, 5 minutes. Add cranberries and simmer until berries have burst, about 5 minutes. Finely chop shallots and stir into compote. Remove pan from heat and cool compote completely. Compote may be made 2 days ahead and chilled, covered.
APRICOT CRANBERRY KUGEL
This delicious sweet dairy Loksen Kugel (Noodle Pudding) is a favorite side dish in my family. Traditionally eaten hot, I also like it cold, and at any time of day.
Provided by whitneyaronson_1123
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cook EGG NOODLES in well salted water to al dente. Rinse in cold water to stop the cooking and drain as much as possible, stirring noodles in colander to get all the moisture out. Set aside to allow more drying.
- Crush about half the box of CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH in food processor (or you can do this by hand. I sometimes put it in a zip-lock and crunch it up with my hands). Stop short of completely pulverizing it, but it should be broken up enough that it not longer is totally identifiable as cereal.
- MIX in softened BUTTER to CRUSHED CEREAL until butter is well distributed. Put aside (refrigerate if it will be a long time until you cook).
- In a mixing bowl, beat together EGGS, SOUR CREAM, CREAM CHEESE, SALT, and VANILLA EXTRACT. You can use an electric mixer for this, but it's really not difficult to do by hand. Everything should be well incorporated and fairly smooth, but it's okay if it's still a slightly lumpy.
- Mix in APRICOT PRESERVES and GROUND CINNAMON to taste (batter should taste good, but very sweet, since it will mellow out when combined with the noodles and baked).
- Liberally BUTTER the inside of an 8x8 baking dish (I like to use glass, but anything will work).
- Check that the noodles are pretty dry (if not, dump them on a paper towel to mop up a little more moisture.
- Transfer NOODLES to baking dish and pour in BATTER. Stir to combine.
- Add a handful or two of DRIED CRANBERRIES and mix to get it evenly distributed. Use more if you really like CRAISINS. Use less or none if you don't.
- Sprinkle topping mixture evenly over the top. I like to totally cover the surface for a nice crust.
- Insert into oven, uncovered for 1 to 1.5 hours. (depending on the oven and the baking dish, sometimes if only needs 45 minutes, especially if you like it a little looser). If you're nervous, you can check "doneness" using the toothpick method- insert a toothpick in center and once it start coming out fairly clean, it's ready to come out.
- Keep an eye on the top. It should brown, but not burn. If it looks like it's headed towards burning, stick some tin foil on the top. At the end, if the top is not looking "crusty" enough, I'll stick it under the broiler for 1-3 minutes, watching for the butter to bubble a bit and the color to get nice and rich looking.
- When the top is browned and the middle seems cooked, remove from oven and let it sit on the counter for about 15 minutes (you can eat it right away if you want, but giving it time to rest, allows it to set a bit.
- This will feed a family of 4 (with leftovers for a couple of days).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 610.7, Fat 36.7, SaturatedFat 19.8, Cholesterol 179.5, Sodium 974.9, Carbohydrate 64.4, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 31.2, Protein 10
More about "apricot cranberry kugel recipes"
APRICOT APPLE MATZO FARFEL KUGEL FOR PASSOVER - OMG!
10 BEST PASSOVER KUGEL RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRANBERRY APRICOT CHUTNEY | VALERIE'S KITCHEN
CRANBERRY APRICOT LOAF (A KEKS RECIPE)
APRICOT KUGEL | YESTERDAY ON TUESDAY
APRICOT APPLE MATZO FARFEL KUGEL FOR PASSOVER | RECIPE
CRANBERRY APPLE KUGEL | SWEET KUGEL - JAMIE GELLER
APRICOT ’N APPLE STREUSEL KUGEL | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
APRICOT CRANBERRY PAN DE HIGO RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CRANBERRY APRICOT ALMOND GRANOLA - KING ARTHUR BAKING
FANTASTIC APPLE-CRANBERRY APRICOT MATZOH KUGEL! RECIPE
RECIPE: APRICOT KUGEL | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, JEWISH RECIPES
KUGEL WITH APRICOT NECTAR - PUNCHFORK
MYSTERY LOVERS' KITCHEN: APRICOT NOODLE KUGEL: TO DIE FOR!
APRICOT AND APPLE KUGEL - SHARI ROZANSKY
ALL RECIPES FOR YOU: APRICOT CRANBERRY KUGEL
APRICOT-CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRANBERRY KUGEL - CHABAD OF THOUSAND OAKS
HAVE A GOOD NIGHT RECIPE APRICOT CRANBERRY KUGEL - WEBETUTORIAL
CRANBERRY APPLE KUGEL
APRICOT-CRANBERRY NOODLE KUGEL | RECIPE | FOOD PROCESSOR RECIPES ...
RECIPE: APRICOT KUGEL | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
FLAPJACKS WITH APRICOT, CRANBERRY & ORANGE - WHAT CHARLOTTE BAKED
APRICOT NOODLE KUGEL RECIPE | FRIENDSHIP DAIRIES
CRANBERRY-APRICOT QUICK BREAD - KING ARTHUR BAKING
EDIBLE DIY: APRICOT CRANBERRY PAN DE HIGO - SERIOUS EATS
HEALTHY CRANBERRY APRICOT BARS - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
CRANBERRY APPLE NOODLE KUGEL | THE NOSHER - MY JEWISH LEARNING
CRANBERRY-APRICOT RELISH RECIPE - KAY CHUN | FOOD & WINE
APRICOT CHERRY CRANBERRY AND GOLDEN RAISIN BABKA - BAKERS TABLE
FANTASTIC APPLE CRANBERRY APRICOT MATZOH KUGEL RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CRANBERRY APPLE KUGEL RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
APRICOT AND CRANBERRY FLAPJACKS - MEDIUM
HOLIDAY CRANBERRY APPLE KUGEL - COOK BETTER THAN MOST RESTAURANTS
#time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #eggs-dairy #jewish-ashkenazi #oven #easy #european #dinner-party #comfort-food #pasta-rice-and-grains #novelty #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #4-hours-or-less #leftovers
You'll also love