Angry penne - the spicy favourite of the Italian cuisine.
Provided by mbenza
Yield Serves 3
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat 2 or 3 tbsp of olive oil in a tall pan, add the dried oregano and thyme, chopped garlic and crushed chilli peppers. Fry for few minutes. Don't let the garlic turn brown.
- Add the tin of cherry tomatoes into the pan. Simmer uncovered for about 8 minutes and let the excess water evaporate.
- Reduce the heat, cook for another few minutes, stirring occasionally and crushing the tomatoes into the sauce.
- Add pinch of salt and black pepper to taste. Add both dried and fresh basil; 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Stir.
- In the meantime, cook the penne according to the packet instructions.
- Mix the pasta with sauce and garnish with fresh basil leaves and handful of grated parmesan cheese.
SPICY ARRABIATA PENNE
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add kosher salt to the boiling water, then add the pasta. Cook according to the package instructions, about 9 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and heat until the oil starts to shimmer. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, red chile flakes, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the chopped basil.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano flakes and more basil and serve warm.
PENNE ALL' ARRABBIATA
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet and saute the onion until transparent. Add garlic and saute until soft, then the pancetta and cook until bubbling and transparent.
- Add the capers, mushrooms, olives, hot red pepper, anchovies, salt (use only a pinch because of the anchovies), ground black pepper and wine.
- Simmer until the wine is reduced by half, then add the tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes longer, add the basil leaves, then toss in the cooked pasta and sprinkle generously with cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 779.2 calories, Carbohydrate 112.2 g, Cholesterol 26.8 mg, Fat 24.8 g, Fiber 7.7 g, Protein 25.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.9 g, Sodium 1165.3 mg, Sugar 10.6 g
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 4 to 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium (10-inch) pot or Dutch oven, such as Le Creuset, warm the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the garlic has softened and is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, drain the tomatoes, place them in a food processor fitted with the steel blade, and pulse until they're roughly chopped. With a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to the food processor and pulse again to chop the garlic. Pour the tomato mixture into the pot with the olive oil, add the fennel, red pepper flakes, red wine, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the basil, taste for seasonings (it will be very spicy!), and keep warm over very low heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a full boil. Add 2 tablespoons kosher salt and the penne and cook according to the directions of the package.
- Two minutes before the pasta is al dente, using a wire or spider strainer, lift the pasta out of the boiling water and add it to the sauce, along with 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until the pasta is al dente. Spoon the pasta into low shallow bowls, sprinkle with extra basil and Parmesan cheese, and serve hot.
This, Mario Batali wrote in 2013 in The Times, is one of his late-night favorites. Its uncomplicated nature lends itself to an after-midnight feast. It's basically pasta with tomato sauce and cheese, but red pepper flakes give the sauce a delicious kick.
Provided by The New York Times
Categories dinner, easy, lunch, quick, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, and add 3 tablespoons kosher salt.
- Meanwhile, put 4 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat, and then add the tomato paste and pepper flakes; reduce the heat to low and stir just until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, and remove from the heat.
- Drop the pasta into the boiling water, and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Add the pasta and the reserved pasta water to the tomato sauce, stir and toss over medium heat until the pasta is well coated. Season with salt if necessary, then add the remaining oil, tossing well. Serve immediately, with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 466, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 62 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 11 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 356 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
The name means 'angry' - and like the pasta sauce this chicken casserole is intended to pack a punch of heat and spice
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavybased pan. Add the onions and whole garlic cloves. Fry, stirring frequently, for 10 mins, adding the chillies for the final min.
- Pour in the wine, turn up the heat and allow it to bubble for 1 min to cook off the alcohol. Stir in the stock, tomatoes, tomato purée and thyme with some seasoning. Add the chicken legs, pushing them under the liquid, then part-cover the pan and leave to simmer gently for 45 mins.
- Remove the lid and cook for a further 15 mins until the chicken is tender and the sauce has reduced a little. Serve scattered with parsley, if you like, and pasta or mash.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 35 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
Pasta all'arrabiata, a classic Italian recipe, is my comfort food be it summer or winter. My kids and I love sprinkling "pangrattato" (fried bread crumbs) on top of the arrabiata sauce. -Smitha Haridasan, Ganapathy, AE
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over low heat. Add onion, chilies and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, gently breaking up with the back of wooden spoon; cook until tender over medium heat, about 10 minutes., Meanwhile in a large saucepan, cook penne according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. , Add vinegar to thickened tomato sauce; season with salt and pepper. To make breadcrumb topping, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat in second skillet. Add breadcrumbs and fresh thyme, if desired; fry until crispy, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat., Add drained pasta and reserved pasta water to tomato sauce; toss to coat. Top with fried breadcrumbs. If desired, drizzle with additional olive oil and garnish with fresh herbs and cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355 calories, Fat 9g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 227mg sodium, Carbohydrate 60g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine, sugar, basil, red pepper, tomato paste, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, black pepper and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer uncovered about 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsley. Ladle over the hot cooked pasta of your choice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 76.9 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Fat 1 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 258.2 mg, Sugar 7.5 g
People also searched
More about "arrabiata recipes"
ARRABIATA SAUCE RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (10)Author Ree DrummondServings 6Category Condiment
- Add a tablespoon or so of olive oil to a hot pan over medium-high heat, throw in the red pepper flakes, garlic and onions and give them a stir. Add the wine (or chicken broth), whisking to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Cook until the liquid reduces by half. Add the crushed tomatoes and Italian seasoning and stir to combine. Add a pinch of sugar and some salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
BEST EVER ARRABBIATA SAUCE RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
5/5 (17)Category 30 Minute MealsAuthor Yolanda VegaTotal Time 1 hr
- INFUSE: In a large saucepan over low heat, add the olive oil, minced garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 5 minutes stirring occasionally so nothing burns but the flavor infuses in the oil and is fragrant.
- SAUTE: Then, kick up the heat to medium-high, add the onions and continue to stir and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring as necessary.
- SIMMER: Add all the tomato products along with the fish sauce, ½ teaspoon of salt, and allow the sauce to reach a simmer before lowering the heat. Take a wooden spoon and gently mash the larger tomatoes to help break them down. You could also do this with a large fork or a potato masher. Allow the sauce to continue simmering for 30-40 minutes over low heat. Add the basil into the sauce around the last 15 minutes. Taste and adjust with additional salt as desired. For a looser sauce, cook 30 minutes for a more concentrated flavor, let it cook for 40 minutes. I prefer it at the 40-minute mark.
- STORING: Use the sauce immediately with prepared pasta or allow for it to come to room temperature before storing in containers. The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 3 months.
EASY PASTA ARRABIATA RECIPE • SALT & LAVENDER
4.9/5 (8)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 344 per serving
- Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and let it cook for a minute or so (watch it closely and don't let it brown).
- Stir in the red pepper flakes, tomatoes, and sugar (if using, see note). Reduce the heat and let it simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, boil a large, salted pot of water for your pasta. Cook it al dente according to package directions.
ITALIAN ARRABBIATA SAUCE RECIPE, BEST ITALIAN ARRABBIATA SAUCE
4/5 (1)Category Pasta SauceCuisine ItalianTotal Time 40 mins
- Bring a lot of water to boil in a kettle. Drop in the tomatoes and let it cook for 2-3 minutes until the skin of the tomatoes starts to crack. Remove from heat and let it cool. Peel the skin of the tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes into half and remove the seeds. Keep a strainer below while removing seeds to catch the juices. Add in the strained juices to the tomato meat and blend in a mixer to a puree. Set aside.
- Heat Extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add in the finely chopped garlic and chopped onion. Fry till the onions are soft.
- Add in the pureed tomatoes, salt, pepper, red chilli flakes. little sugar and a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.
PASTA WITH ARRABBIATA SAUCE RECIPE - PASTA ALL'ARRABBIATA ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
ARRABIATA SAUCE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
ARRABIATA SAUCE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
See details »
SPICY ARRABBIATA SAUCE | GIMME SOME OVEN
4.9/5 (26)Estimated Reading Time 8 minsServings 6-8Total Time 40 mins
- Heat butter or olive oil in a large saucepan (or deep sauté pan) over medium-high heat until melted. Add crushed red pepper flakes and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until softened and translucent, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Add in the tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking the sauce, breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon (or potato masher) as you go, until the sauce reaches a low simmer. Reduce heat to medium to maintain a steady simmer. Then let the sauce continue to cook uncovered for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it has thickened** and reached your desired consistency.
- Stir in the basil, salt and pepper. Then taste the sauce, and season with any extra salt, pepper and/or crushed red pepper flakes as needed.
PENNE ARRABBIATA - PASTA ARRABIATA | MY GINGER GARLIC KITCHEN
4.1/5 (201)Total Time 25 minsCategory SideCalories 198 per serving See details »
SPICY ARRABIATA SAUCE RECIPE - DELISH KNOWLEDGE
5/5 (3)Category DinnerCuisine ItalianTotal Time 50 mins
- Heat the butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook until garlic is soft, stirring often. Take care not to burn the garlic, it will ruin the sauce if it becomes too browned.
- Add the tomatoes and the juice to the pan, breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon as you stir. If your tomatoes have tough ends, remove them from the pan all together. I like sauce with just a little texture, but break down the tomatoes to your liking. Simmer for 30 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is cooking, make your pasta (or whatever you are serving this with.) I like a hearty tube pasta, but anything kind will work. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining pasta.
- Stir in the basil leaves and season with salt. I start with 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt and add more if needed. If you used salted tomatoes, you won’t need as much.
20 MINUTE ARRABBIATA SAUCE RECIPE (SPICY PASTA SAUCE)
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory SauceCalories 51 per serving
- Heat a large skillet or sauce pan over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil and add in the onions. Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable stock, basil, salt, and pepper.
PENNE ARRABIATA - THE ITALIAN CHEF - ITALIAN RECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 mins
- Stir in the hot pepper and cook for about 1 minute, then add the onions and cook, until they are soft and translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Using your hands crush the tomatoes in a bowl, and then add them to the pan. Fill the empty tomato can about halfway with water and pour the water in with the tomatoes, season with salt to taste and stir.
AUTHENTIC ARRABIATA SAUCE RECIPE + VIDEO • CIAOFLORENTINA
4.9/5 (11)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory MainCalories 159 per serving
- In a large heavy bottom cast iron pan heat up the olive oil and saute the onion with a pinch of sea salt until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and let it cook only for a few seconds until you can smell it and doesn’t get any color on it.
- In a large bowl crush the tomatoes with your hands but leave a few smaller chunks in there. Transfer them to the pot with the onions and garlic and brig to a simmer. Add the bay leaf and partially cover with a lid. Allow the sauce to simmer away on low flame for about 1 hour until thick and concentrated in flavor. Make sure to stir often, every 10 minutes or so, making sure the sugars in the tomatoes do not burn.
- Turn off the flame and season to your taste with the sea salt. Stir in the fresh basil leaves and finish it with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve with pasta or meats or some fresh crusty bread.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Season with sea salt, you want this to taste like sea water. Cook the penne pasta or spaghetti until al dente, according to the directions on the package. Toss to coat well in the arrabiata sauce and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and extra red pepper flakes.
CLASSIC SPICY PASTA ALL'ARRABIATA | MY DARLING VEGAN
Category Main CourseCalories 328 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
- Start by preparing the pasta. In a large pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add penne pasta and cook for 12 minutes, until noodles are al dente. Remove from heat and strain through a colander. Toss with one tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat up the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 60 seconds. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, maple syrup, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and add the finely chop the basil. Toss with penne pasta and serve immediately with vegan parmesan cheese (optional) and fresh basil.
PASTA ARRABIATA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (3)Total Time 50 minsServings 6
- Sauté garlic in hot oil in a 6-quart saucepan over medium heat 1 minute. Add tomatoes and tomato puree. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Stir in red pepper flakes and next 4 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
- Prepare pasta in a large Dutch oven according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta and reserved cooking liquid to Dutch oven, and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Stir basil into tomato sauce, and pour 3 cups sauce over pasta. Toss to coat. Serve with remaining sauce. Garnish, if desired.
SHRIMP PENNE ALL'ARRABIATA | RICARDO
5/5 (32)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 800 per serving
- In a saucepan, brown the onion and pepper flakes in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze with the white wine and reduce by half. Add the tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
ARRABIATA PASTA (EASY RECIPE) » DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
5/5 (5)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 350 per serving
- Serve in a bowl or a deep dish garnished with grated vegetarian parmesan cheese and a few basil sprigs. You can top with your preferred cheese if you do not have parmesan cheese.
JAMIE OLIVER'S KICK-ARSE PENNE ARRABIATA - RECIPES
3.7/5 (3)Servings 4Cuisine ItalianCategory Main See details »
PENNE AL'ARRABIATA (PASTA WITH A SPICY TOMATO SAUCE) RECIPE
Category Main Course See details »
ARRABIATA SAUCE - PLAIN.RECIPES
See details »
You'll also love