ARTICHOKE, ONION, AND POTATO HASH
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook until just tender. Drain and turn out onto a cutting board. Smash the potatoes with the side of a large knife or spatula.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When the pan is very hot, but not smoking, add the cipollini onions, and cook until starting to caramelize, about 4 to 5 minutes Add in the drained artichokes and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes before turning them so that they will caramelize. Add the potatoes and cook until the potatoes are starting to brown, then stir in the garlic and the thyme. Slowly pour in the chicken stock, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with the vinegar and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary. Transfer to a platter and garnish with chopped parsley.
ARTICHOKE AND POTATO HASH
Now I hope that everyone remembers growing up making roast beef, corned beef or chicken hash. Throw in a little of this, a little of that ... carrots, potatoes, celery, some gravy or broth, some seasoning, etc and presto. Throw a couple of eggs on top and dinner was served. Well this is more of a hash I love to serve with grilled steak rather than a main course, but it is still a method. Now I like to make a large batch of this, but if you just want a small side dish or want to make it more of a main course it is easy to adjust.
Provided by SarasotaCook
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- This to me is best in a cast iron skillet or a stainless pan vs non stick. But use what you have.
- A one pan dish -- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter and add the oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and a little broth and cook until the potatoes start to get slightly brown and soft. This will take around 8-10 minutes. During that time add a little broth at a time for a little moisture. Then the last 5 minutes, add the artichokes, capers, s/p, scallions, and rosemary. A little broth if necessary and cook another 5 minutes until everything is soft and it resembles a nice hash. Serve with fresh slices of flank or skirt steak or a nice fillet. Chicken is also great with this too.
ARTICHOKE AND POTATO FRITTATA
This potato frittata is a delicious brunch dish, but it's hearty enough for a weeknight dinner, too. If you like Greek or Mediterranean cuisine, you'll want to add this to your keeper files. -Sarah Newman, Harvest, Alabama
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove onion mixture from pan., Add remaining oil to same pan; arrange potatoes on bottom of pan. Cook over medium-low heat until tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally., In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir in tomatoes, artichokes, onion mixture, 2 tablespoons goat cheese, 1 tablespoon fresh basil, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until eggs are completely set, 25-30 minutes., Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420 calories, Fat 22g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 382mg cholesterol, Sodium 1039mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
CHUNKY JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE AND POTATO MASH
- Combine Jerusalem artichokes and potatoes in large pot. Pour enough cold water over to cover; add 1 tablespoon coarse salt. Bring to boil; reduce heat and boil gently until all vegetables are tender when pierced with knife, about 18 minutes. Drain, reserving cooking liquid. Return vegetables to pot. Mash vegetables, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/2 cupfuls to moisten until chunky mixture forms. Stir in butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Transfer mash to large heatproof bowl. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm in same bowl set over simmering water, stirring occasionally, before serving.
ARTICHOKE MASHED POTATOES
I found this one web surfing and thought it sounded intersting, since I love both artichokes and potatoes. ;) It didn't specify the size of can for the artichokes, but this is what I found for average non-marinated - adjust to taste. ;)
Provided by Mommy Diva
Yield 6 1/2 cup servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork; Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, pureé artichoke hearts with half the butter and milk, using a hand blender or mixer.
- Add potatoes and remaining butter and milk and mix until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy! ;).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279.9, Fat 6.5, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 16.7, Sodium 279.6, Carbohydrate 50.9, Fiber 9, Sugar 2.6, Protein 7.7
ROASTED POTATOES AND ARTICHOKES
Potato wedges and artichoke hearts are roasted to perfection in this hearty recipe from Mary Relyea of Canastota, New York. For added zing, Mary sprinkles the veggies with crumbled feta cheese.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place potatoes and artichokes in a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper; stir to coat. , Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173 calories, Fat 3g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 284mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ARTICHOKE AND HAM QUICHE WITH CHEESY HASHBROWN CRUST
- For the crust: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix veggies and hash browns together. Gently press between paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible. In a large nine inch pie plate, toss the veggie mixture with the melted butter. Sprinkle 4 tablespoons of the cheese packet from the box of Steakhouse Hash Browns over hash brown mixture and blend. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into the bottom and up the sides to firmly form a crust. Place rack on the lower third of the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and the edges begin to crisp. While crust bakes, make the filling.
- For the filling: Blend the eggs and cream until smooth. Stir in the artichokes, leeks, ham, cheese and seasonings.
- When the hash brown crust is ready, lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and pour the filling into the crust. Bake for 30 minutes then sprinkle the crunchy onion topping on the quiche. Continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until the quiche is light golden brown and firm in the middle. Quiche will settle as it cools.
SALMON WITH POTATO-ARTICHOKE HASH
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. In an 11-by-15-by-2 3/4-inch roasting pan, toss together potatoes, artichokes, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Arrange vegetables around sides of pan.
- Place salmon pieces in center of pan, and press them together to form one long piece. Coat with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil, and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper. Roast, turning the vegetables once, until lightly browned and tender and salmon is just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: Stir together 1/2 teaspoon salt, a pinch pepper, parsley, mustard, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon water.
- Gently separate salmon pieces, top with parsley sauce. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346 g, Fat 12 g, Protein 38 g
ARTICHOKE, GARLIC & POTATO MASH
Spruce up your usual mash with something a bit different. The garlicky artichoke hearts add a new and delicious twist
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Categories Dinner, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold salted water. Bring to the boil and cook for 15 mins or until tender, then drain. Return to pan and add butter, milk and some seasoning. Mash until light and fluffy. Stir in the parsley.
- While the potatoes are cooking, pat the artichoke slices dry with kitchen paper. Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan. Cook the garlic for 1 min, then add the artichoke hearts and some seasoning. Cook for 5 mins until golden and crisp. Mash the cooked artichokes into the potatoes, reserving a few for the top, and warm through again on low heat until piping hot. Serve with the rest of the artichokes on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 520 calories, Fat 30 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 53 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 10 grams protein, Sodium 1.21 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN, POTATO, SQUASH AND ARTICHOKE HASH
- Cook potatoes and squash in large pot of boiling water until almost tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. Cut vegetables into 3/4-inch dice. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Divide butter between 2 heavy large skillets and melt over medium heat. Divide onions between skillets and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Increase heat to high. Divide chicken, potatoes and squash between skillets and cook until vegetables are golden brown, stirring frequently, about 6 minutes. Divide artichoke hearts, cream, Parmesan and 2 tablespoons tarragon between skillets. Boil until cream thickens and coats hash well and chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish hash with tarragon sprigs, if desired, and serve.
More about "artichoke and potato hash recipes"
SEARED STEAK WITH POTATO-ARTICHOKE HASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Stir together brown sugar and next 3 ingredients. Rub steak with sugar mixture, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a cast-iron grill pan over high heat. Add steak; cook, turning once, until seared, 12-16 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from skillet; cover loosely with aluminum foil. (Alternatively, cook steak on gas or charcoal grill.)
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in remaining 3 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from skillet.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add artichokes and garlic; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Stir in parsley, next 2 ingredients, potatoes, and remaining 1 Tbsp. butter; cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes.
ARTICHOKE AND POTATO HASH RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
Servings 5Calories 205 per serving
CHICKEN, POTATO, SQUASH AND ARTICHOKE HASH - PLAIN.RECIPES
SKIRT STEAK WITH ARTICHOKE AND POTATO HASH | SAVEUR
FLANK STEAK WITH ARTICHOKE-POTATO HASH AND ALEPPO-PEPPER AIOLI …
MIX-AND-MATCH POTATO HASH | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, POTATO HASH …
ARTICHOKE & POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ARTICHOKE AND POTATO HASH | FOOD TRUTH AND BEAUTY
ARTICHOKE, ONION, AND POTATO HASH RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
ARTICHOKE AND POTATO HASH RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
SPINACH & ARTICHOKE POTATO CASSEROLE - PLAIN CHICKEN
ARTICHOKE, ONION, AND POTATO HASH RECIPE
POTATO AND ARTICHOKE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ARTICHOKE, ONION, AND POTATO HASH RECIPE RECIPE
WORLD BEST GARLIC COOKING RECIPES : ARTICHOKE AND POTATO HASH
ARTICHOKE AND POTATO HASH — BANQUET WORKSHOP & ATELIER LTD.
ARTICHOKE AND POTATO HASH — CANADIAN BANQUET WORKSHOP
ARTICHOKE, ONION, AND POTATO HASH – RECIPES NETWORK
FLAT IRON STEAKS WITH ARTICHOKE-POTATO HASH, - BLUE APRON
CHUNKY JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE AND POTATO MASH RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
ARTICHOKE AND POTATO HASH WITH EGGS BY PROGRESSO | QUICK & EASY …
SALMON WITH POTATO-ARTICHOKE HASH RECIPE - DELISH
POTATO, CARROT AND JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE HASH RECIPE / RIVERFORD
ARTICHOKE-POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CHICKEN, POTATO, SQUASH AND ARTICHOKE HASH
ARTICHOKE, ONION, AND POTATO HASH - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
10 BEST STEAK POTATO HASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
POTATO AND ARTICHOKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
FLANK STEAK WITH ARTICHOKE-POTATO HASH AND ALEPPO-PEPPER AIOLI
BEST YUKON GOLD AND ARTICHOKE HASH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE YUKON …
CHICKEN POTATO SQUASH AND ARTICHOKE HASH- WIKIFOODHUB
ARTICHOKE & POTATO CASSEROLE - ITALIAN RECIPE BOOK
RECIPE USING HASH BROWN POTATOES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #onions #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love