GRILLED CEDAR PLANK TROUT
- Soak the cedar plank in water for a minimum of one hour prior to grilling
- Season the fish with choice of seasoning and let sit for 30 minutes
- Place the fillet skin side down onto the soaked cedar plank.
- Place the planked fish on a hot grill and close the lid. The plank will begin to smoke.
- Cook to desired doneness (usually 10-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish)
- Remove and serve straight from the plank.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252 kcal, Protein 35 g, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Cholesterol 99 mg, Sodium 88 mg, ServingSize 1 serving
PLANK GRILLED WHOLE TROUT
- Place the planks into cool water and allow to soak for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat the grill to 375 to 400 degrees F.
- Brush the trout, inside and out with olive oil. Season inside and out with salt and pepper. Place the trout onto the planks belly down and open. Place the planks over indirect heat and grill until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 120 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the grill and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving as is or deboning and serving.
RAINBOW TROUT ROASTED ON A CEDAR PLANK
- Prepare and preheat your grill by building a fire on 1 side of the grill.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, red chili powder, and herbes de Provence. Open each trout's belly and lightly rub on the chili spice mixture. Next, place 2 lemon slices into each trout's belly and then carefully place each trout onto a cedar plank.
- Cook the trout planks in a covered barbecue away from direct heat for 15 minutes. Then, move the planks over the direct heat and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, covered. The cedar planks will begin to smoke, and the trout will begin to turn golden brown. Once the trout is finished cooking, remove the planks from the grill and set aside. Carefully, lift the fish off the plank and serve.
ASIAN RAINBOW TROUT
This delicious, simple recipe that I put together after asking various people what to do with rainbow trout! The soy sauce can be adjusted to taste. My family loves this with steamed rice and snow peas.
Provided by KerriJ
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Rub trout fillets with soy sauce. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, and green onions; cook and stir until golden brown. Add trout fillets and cook until browned and crispy, about 3 minutes. Turn fillets over, and continue cooking until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.1 calories, Carbohydrate 2.7 g, Cholesterol 99.1 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 34.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 204.1 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
PLANK-GRILLED GINGER-HERB TROUT
After tinkering with the herbs and spices of my go-to fish recipe, I decided to grill the fish on a plank and what a world of difference it made! Hands down, this is now one of our favorite ways to cook fish. -Judy Castranova, New Bern, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Soak planks in water at least 1 hour. Combine butter, ginger, herbs, honey, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a small bowl., Place planks on grill over direct medium heat. Cover and heat 3 minutes or until light to medium smoke comes from the planks and the wood begins to char. (This indicates the planks are ready.) Turn planks over and place on indirect heat., Spread herb mixture over flesh side of fillets. Place fish on planks, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305 calories, Fat 15g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 115mg cholesterol, Sodium 219mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 36g protein.
ASIAN GRILLED CEDAR PLANK TROUT
- Cover the cedar plank with water and soak for one hour. Remove from water. Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger, pepper, and garlic in a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish. Place the lemon slices in the dish. Place the trout in the dish, skin side up, on top of the lemon slices. Place the dish in the refrigerator and allow the fish to marinate for 30 minutes, turning once and placing lemon slices on top of the fish after turning. Prepare coals for indirect grilling; place coals on one side of the grill and light. Allow to burn for about 25 minutes, until all the coals are covered with gray ash and flames have died down. Place the plank on the hot side of the grill and grill for five minutes or until lightly charred. Turn over plank and move to cooler side of grill. Remove the trout from the marinade, discard marinade. Place trout, skin side down, on the charred side of plank now facing up. Cover and grill trout for 15 minutes on cool side of grill or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove the plank from the grill. Sprinkle the trout with green onions and sesame seeds, and serve trout on the plank for a nice presentation.
More about "asian grilled cedar plank trout recipes"
CEDAR PLANK GRILLED TROUT RECIPE - RAINBOW OR STEELHEAD
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Take the cedar plank out of the water. Place the trout, skin side down on the cedar. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture all over the trout and gently rub it into the fish.
GRILLED CEDAR PLANK TROUT - TODAY.COM
3.6/5 (18)Category EntréesAuthor Richard BlaisTotal Time 30 mins
- Season the trout with salt and pepper. Sandwich 2 slices of bacon between 2 of the fillets, and the other 2 bacon slices between the remaining fillets. Put the prepared fish on the soaked cedar plank.
- Grill the trout on the plank for 15 to 17 minutes, until the bacon is cooked and the trout is just cooked through. Remove from the grill and transfer from the plank to a warm platter.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and cook without stirring to give the moisture time to evaporate, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking, stirring, until the butter darkens and smells nutty, 3 to 4 minutes.
CEDAR PLANK WHOLE TROUT RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.5/5 (14)Total Time 16 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 487 per serving
STEELHEAD TROUT ON A CEDAR PLANK - HAPPY BELLY FOODIE
10 BEST GRILLED TROUT FILLETS RECIPES - YUMMLY
4 SUMMER-FRIENDLY CEDAR PLANK FISH RECIPES - THE …
10 BEST ASIAN TROUT RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO COOK THE BEST SALMON OF YOUR LIFE - FAMILY SAVVY
CEDAR-PLANKED TROUT WITH ARUGULA, FENNEL, AND ORANGE …
CEDAR PLANK GRILLED TROUT RECIPE | THE HOME DEPOT CANADA
CEDAR-PLANKED TROUT WITH ARUGULA, FENNEL AND ORANGE | SEAFOOD …
HONEY DILL TROUT RECIPE ON A CEDAR PLANK - PETER'S FOOD …
8 BEST FISH & SEAFOOD - CEDAR PLANK RECIPES IDEAS | RECIPES, FISH …
CEDAR PLANKED RAINBOW TROUT WITH BACON, GARLIC AND CHIVES
GRILLED CEDAR PLANK SALMON - RECIPE! - LIVE. LOVE. LAUGH. FOOD.
CEDAR PLANKED TROUT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED CEDAR PLANKED STEELHEAD TROUT RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED PLANK TROUT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CEDAR PLANK GRILLED TROUT RECIPE - RAINBOW OR STEELHEAD | TROUT …
GRILLED CEDER PLANK FISH TACOS - ROYAL OAK
ASIAN GRILLED RAINBOW TROUT - CRAMPTON'S MARKET
GRILLED CEDAR PLANK RAINBOW TROUT WITH BACON RECIPE
GRILLED CEDAR PLANK TROUT RECIPE | RECIPE | TROUT RECIPES, GRILLED ...
BEST CEDAR GRILLING PLANKS RECIPES: CLASSIC SALMON & EVEN CHEESE!
CEDAR PLANK SALMON RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
STEELHEAD TROUT GRILLED ON A CEDAR PLANK – THE FURIES
GRILLED CEDAR PLANK STEELHEAD TROUT • FOOD FOR A YEAR:
CEDAR PLANK GRILLING - STEELHEAD TROUT - HUDSON VALLEY FISHERIES
CEDAR PLANKED STEELHEAD TROUT - MADISON HOUSE CHEF
CATCH CLEAN COOK TROUT ON CEDAR PLANK | CEDAR PLANKED GRILLING
CEDAR-PLANKED MAPLE TROUT SALAD WITH GRILLED AVOCADO
BACON WRAPPED GRILLED TROUT ON CEDAR PLANKS TURNIPS 2 TANGERINES
15 MORE FAST & FLAVORFUL RAINBOW TROUT RECIPES - FRESH FISH …
CEDAR PLANK GRILLED TROUT RECIPE - HOW TO GRILL TROUT ON A CEDAR …
A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO CEDAR PLANK GRILLING | TASTE OF HOME
CEDAR PLANK TROUT AND GINGER GUACAMOLE - HONEST COOKING
GRILLED CEDAR PLANK TILAPIA RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CEDAR PLANK GRILLED TROUT RECIPE | THE HOME DEPOT CANADA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook trout on a cedar plank Grill?Submerge the cedar plank in water for 1 hour. Preheat grill. Lightly coat inside and outside of each trout with olive oil. Season inside with salt and pepper and stuff with lemon slices and dill. Place soaked cedar plank on grill over direct medium heat.
How to cook trout on a pellet grill?Place the planks into cool water and allow to soak for at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Preheat the grill to 375 to 400 degrees F. Brush the trout, inside and out with olive oil. Season inside and out with salt and pepper. Place the trout onto the planks belly down and open.
How do you cook salmon on a cedar plank?Soak the cedar plank in water for at least 30 minutes. Then place the salmon fillet on top. Whisk together maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush half of the maple-mustard glaze over the salmon. Place the plank on the grill over medium-high heat.
What is the best way to cook a trout?Directions. Open each trout's belly and lightly rub on the chili spice mixture. Next, place 2 lemon slices into each trout's belly and then carefully place each trout onto a cedar plank. Cook the trout planks in a covered barbecue away from direct heat for 15 minutes. Then, move the planks over the direct heat and cook for an additional 5...