MAMA'S ASIAN CHICKEN AND RICE
- In a bowl, stir together warm water, brown sugar, orange juice, soy sauce, ketchup, white vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, five-spice powder, and orange peel until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat, and cook and stir the chicken until the outside is golden brown and the inside is no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes. Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover the skillet. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the chicken and sauce are simmering, bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Set the rice aside and keep warm.
- Whisk the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl until smooth, and stir into the chicken and sauce, a few teaspoons at a time. Let the chicken and sauce cook for about 2 minutes to thicken, then serve over hot cooked rice, sprinkled with green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347.2 calories, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 69.2 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 28.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 424.2 mg, Sugar 10.7 g
ASIAN-STYLE CHICKEN AND RICE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken, skin side down, until skin is crisp and golden, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add scallion whites, ginger, garlic, and mushrooms to pot and cook 1 minute, stirring. Stir in rice, broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil and place chicken on top, skin side up. Cover pot, transfer to oven, and bake until chicken is cooked through and liquid is absorbed, 25 minutes. Serve with scallion greens and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408 g, Fat 22 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 5 g
ASIAN CHICKEN AND RICE SALAD
- Heat rice according to package directions. In medium bowl, combine rice, chicken, snow peas, onions and dressing; blend well. Serve on bed of salad greens and top with almonds and orange segments.
- Cooks' notes:
- You can adjust the amount of ingredients based on your tastes.
CHINESE CHICKEN FRIED RICE RECIPE BY TASTY
This homemade version of the take-out classic is made with just seven ingredients and all in one pan. It comes together in no time at all, is super flexible, and 100% budget-friendly. Don't like chicken? Just swap it out for your favorite protein and create the fried rice of your dreams. With a recipe this easy, who needs take-out?
Provided by Evelyn Liu
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add the oil then stir in eggs and fry until just cooked. Once cooked, remove eggs from the wok and set aside.
- Heat up the wok until smoking hot and pour in the oil.
- Add the chicken breast and fry until they are just cooked.
- Add the rice and keep frying until they turn slightly brown.
- Add the vegetables and fry everything together until they are thoroughly cooked.
- Pour in the soy sauce and stir.
- Add the cooked eggs back in and toss them around until they break into pieces.
- Add in the spring onions and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1021 calories, Carbohydrate 38 grams, Fat 69 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 56 grams, Sugar 2 grams
CHINESE CHICKEN FRIED RICE I
Chicken fried rice, just like they serve in the restaurants! A stir fry with chicken, rice, soy sauce and veggies like peas, carrots, celery and bell peppers. This is something my sister just sort of whipped up one day. It's very good!
Provided by sal
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft, then add chicken and 2 tablespoons soy sauce and stir-fry for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, celery, red bell pepper, pea pods and green bell pepper and stir-fry another 5 minutes. Then add rice and stir thoroughly.
- Finally, stir in scrambled eggs and 1/3 cup soy sauce, heat through and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 424.9 calories, Carbohydrate 47.5 g, Cholesterol 133.9 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 34.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 1060.4 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
ASIAN CHICKEN RICE BOWL
This super flavorful, nutrient-packed dish makes use of supermarket conveniences like coleslaw mix and rotisserie chicken. This recipe is easily doubled or tripled for large families. -Christianna Gozzi, Asteria, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- For dressing, whisk together first 7 ingredients. Cook rice according to package directions. Divide among 4 bowls., In a large bowl, toss coleslaw mix and chicken with half of the dressing. Serve edamame and slaw mixture over rice; drizzle with remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 429 calories, Fat 15g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 62mg cholesterol, Sodium 616mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
RICE COOKER ASIAN CHICKEN RICE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: skin-on, boneless chicken thigh, garlic, ginger, scallion, chicken bouillon, salt, rice, water, scallion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, miso, red chili flake, fresh cilantro, tomato, lemon
Provided by Saki Yamada
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Put washed rice, garlic, ginger, salt, chicken bouillon, and water in a rice cooker pot and mix well.
- Add chicken thigh to the pot skin-side down, and place the scallion over the chicken.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until the rice and chicken are cooked through.
- For sauce, combine scallion, white sugar, sesame oil, grated garlic, grated ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, miso, and red chili flakes. Mix well.
- When the rice is ready, remove scallion and chicken. Stir the rice well to fluff it up and slice the chicken.
- Press cooked rice into a bowl to make a dome shape. Then turn the bowl upside down onto the serving plate.
- Serve the sliced chicken with cilantro, tomatoes, and lemon, and pour the sauce over to your preference.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284 calories, Carbohydrate 46 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 14 grams, Sugar 2 grams
CREAMY ASIAN-STYLE CHICKEN AND RICE
- Heat oven to 400°F for any type 13x9-inch pan. Stir uncooked Rice, Sauce Mix, peanut butter, boiling water and soy sauce in ungreased pan until peanut butter is melted. Stir in vegetables.
- Place chicken in pan. Tear off notched corner of Cheese Sauce Topping pouch. Squeeze cheese sauce over each chicken breast. Sprinkle bread crumb Topping over cheese-topped chicken.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until rice is tender and juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325, Carbohydrate 36 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 23 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1170 mg
More about "asian style chicken and rice recipes"
ONE PAN ASIAN CHICKEN AND RICE - CAFE DELITES
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DinnerCalories 576 per serving
- Preheat an oven to 200C | 390F. Wash and pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Combine the soy sauce, honey, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce, vinegar (or Chinese wine), sesame oil and a pinch of white pepper together in a shallow bowl. Add in the chicken and coat evenly in the sauce.
- Heat a small amount oil in a 10-12 inch cast iron pan over medium heat. Sear chicken thighs skin-side down, along with the sauce it was in, turning once until golden brown on both sides, (about 3 minutes each side). Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add the onion and remaining garlic to the remaining sauce leftover from the chicken in the pan. (If the pan looks too dry, add in 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.) Fry, while stirring occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant (about 1 minute). Add in the rice and stir it through all of the flavours. Pour in the stock (or broth), water, oyster sauce, remaining hoisin sauce, and Chinese five spice powder, stirring all ingredients together well to combine. Salt to season (with a pinch of salt, ONLY if desired).
- Allow to simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Return the chicken and any juices from the plate into the pan; cover with a lid or double layer of foil and transfer to the oven to bake for 40 minutes.
10 BEST ASIAN CHICKEN AND RICE BOWL RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN STIR FRY WITH RICE NOODLES | RECIPETIN EATS
EASY ASIAN CHICKEN RICE BOWL - THE GIRL WHO ATE …
ONE POT CHINESE CHICKEN AND RICE | RECIPETIN EATS
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
ONE-POT HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE - RED HOUSE SPICE
20 EASY CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
STICKY ASIAN CHICKEN RECIPE WITH RICE - RACHAEL RAY …
EASY ASIAN CHICKEN AND RICE BAKE THE FAMILY WILL LOVE!
HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE: THE BEST EASY ONE POT …
ASIAN-STYLE CHICKEN AND RICE | LUCY WAVERMAN'S KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ASIAN CHICKEN STIR FRY WITH BROWN RICE - RECIPE DETAILS
BAKED CHINESE CHICKEN AND RICE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
10 BEST JAPANESE CHICKEN RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SIMPLE ASIAN RICE - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
ASIAN STYLE CHICKEN RICE SOUP - KYLEE COOKS
ASIAN CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
8 EASY ASIAN RICE RECIPES FOR DINNER - EVERYDAY EASY EATS
ONE-PAN CHINESE CHICKEN AND RICE - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
CHICKEN AND RICE ASIAN RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
22 QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO COOK THE BEST RESTAURANT STYLE CHINESE FRIED RICE
CHICKEN SHASHLIK 100% ORIGNAL RESTURANT RECIPE WITH FRY RICE
9 CHINESE RECIPES TO MAKE WITH ROTISSERIE CHICKEN LEFTOVERS
HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE - ASIAN FOOD RECIPES AND TECHNIQUES
HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
30 BEST ASIAN RICE RECIPES - THE ODEHLICIOUS
PEANUT BUTTER CHICKEN | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
THAI CHICKEN AND RICE (ONE PAN MEAL PREP) | CHEW OUT LOUD
25 BEST ASIAN CHICKEN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CALORIES IN GENERAL TSO CHICKEN WITH WHITE RICE
TAKEOUT STYLE CHINESE CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS
14 EASY ASIAN SIDE DISHES - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
ASIAN STYLE CHICKEN RICE BOWLS - READY IN 30! - OUR NOURISHING TABLE
AUTHENTIC HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE – ADAMLIAW.COM
ASIAN INSTANT POT CHICKEN AND RICE (A PRESSURE COOKER RECIPE)
HOW TO MAKE CHILLI CHICKEN GRAVY - A FIERY INDO-CHINESE RECIPE …
ASIAN-STYLE CHICKEN & RICE SALAD | CANADIAN LIVING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken and rice stir fry?Directions. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft, then add chicken and 2 tablespoons soy sauce and stir-fry for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in carrots, celery, red bell pepper, pea pods and green bell pepper and stir-fry another 5 minutes. Then add rice and stir thoroughly.
How do you cook chicken and rice in a saucepan?Directions. While the chicken and sauce are simmering, bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Set the rice aside and keep warm. Whisk the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons...
What is Asian Chicken and rice?One Pan Asian Chicken and Rice is a simple dinner recipe — all cooked in the one pan! The beauty of one pan meals is only having the one pan to serve from and wash up. The other bonus is having all of the flavours cook together to make an incredible meal. My favourite part though? The oven doing most of it for you, no.stirring.needed!
What is the healthiest way to cook chicken and rice?Remove from skillet and cut into shreds. Heat oil in same skillet; add onion and saute until soft. Then add rice, soy sauce, pepper and chicken. Stir fry together for about 5 minutes, then stir in egg. Serve hot. 255 calories; protein 14.1g; carbohydrates 25.9g; fat 10.2g; cholesterol 83.2mg; sodium 515.6mg.