ASPARAGUS AND CHEESE TART
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. Bring about 1 inch of water to a boil in a large skillet. Add the asparagus; cook until bright green and crisp-tender, 2 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Drain and transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking; drain and pat dry. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a 10-by-16-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Bake until light golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, mix the fontina, comte, shallot, egg yolks, milk, nutmeg and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides. Toss the asparagus with the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Arrange the asparagus on the tart and bake until the cheese mixture is slightly puffy, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the lemon zest. Serve warm or at room temperature.
ASPARAGUS GRUYERE TART
This is from Canadian Living's Best Recipes Ever show. It is a great appetizer when you are looking for something a little different. I used the prerolled puff pastry for this, just unroll, and use the parchment to line your baking pan. It can be served warm or chilled.
Provided by Demelza
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 1 tart, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Blanch asparagus (just till it turns bright green) and chill in ice water.
- Unroll thawed puff pastry sheet on baking sheet.
- Brush with mustard, leave a 1" border.
- Lay asparagus spears on pastry, alternate ends so each cut will get tips as well as the stem.
- Sprinkle with cheese & pepper.
- Beat 1 egg with 1 Tbsp of milk, brush border with the egg wash.
- Bake at 450 for about 15 - 20 minutes, till puffed & pastry is browned.
- Cut down the middle through the asparagus spears, then across to make 8 or 10 pieces.
ASPARAGUS AND GRUYèRE TART
- Make crust:
- Roll out pastry dough on a floured surface into a 15 1/2-inch round. Transfer to pizza pan by rolling dough around rolling pin and unrolling it across pan. Trim edge just enough to make even, then fold over and pinch to form a 1/2-inch-high, double-thick side. Prick bottom of shell all over with a fork and chill until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line shell with foil and fill with pie weights or raw rice. Bake in middle of oven until sides are firm, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and weights carefully and bake shell until golden, about 10 minutes more, then cool.
- Prepare filling while shell cools:
- Layer asparagus on a steamer rack, sprinkling each layer with kosher salt to taste. Steam, covered, over boiling water until completely tender but not mushy, about 8 minutes for green asparagus or 12 for white, then transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Whisk together cream, eggs, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and nutmeg, then season lightly with pepper. Pour custard evenly in tart shell.
- Top filling and bake tart:
- Sprinkle custard with two thirds of cheese, then arrange spears in custard, tips out (like the spokes of a wheel). Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake tart in middle of oven until custard is set, about 20 minutes.
- Then broil tart 2 to 3 inches from heat until golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
ASPARAGUS GRUYERE TART
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a 16-by-10-inch rectangle. Trim uneven edges. Place pastry on a baking sheet. With a sharp knife, lightly score pastry dough 1 inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at 1/2-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pastry shell from oven, and sprinkle with Gruyere. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside the tart shell; arrange in a single layer over Gruyere, alternating ends and tips. Brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until spears are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
ASPARAGUS CUSTARD TART
This tart is unapologetically rich-there is puff pastry, Gruyere, goat cheese, and cream-yet the overall effect is one of lightness. It's a handy make-ahead addition to a festive spring brunch spread, but paired with a green salad, it also makes a satisfying supper on its own.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes one 9-inch tart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Roll out puff pastry into a 14-inch square on a lightly floured surface; cut into a 13-inch round with a paring knife (use a bowl or a plate as a template). Transfer to a 9-inch round baking dish or a 5 1/2-to-6-cup deep-dish pie plate. Prick all over with a fork. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line tart shell with parchment and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Place on a baking sheet and bake until edges turn pale golden brown, about 40 minutes. Remove crust from oven and remove pie weights and parchment. Return crust to oven and bake until bottom is dry and golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons salt. Add asparagus stalks and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water; when cool, transfer to a plate and pat dry. Add asparagus tips to boiling water and cook 30 seconds. Drain and transfer to ice water; drain when cool. Pat tips dry and toss with oil in a bowl. Transfer stalks to a blender. Add eggs, cream, flour, and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt to blender and puree until very smooth.
- Pour custard into crust. Sprinkle with Gruyere and goat cheese and top with asparagus tips. Bake until edges of custard are puffed, top is golden brown, and center is set, about 40 minutes. (Tent with foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning.) Let cool on a wire rack 15 minutes before serving.
ASPARAGUS GRUYERE TART
Is this not the prettiest presentation? And the robust flavor is just as impressive. These would be perfect to serve at a cocktail party or maybe a ladies luncheon... any time you want to make a tasty splash! And do check out member Sherry Parfait's Blue Ribbon Pan-Seared Asparagus for a quick and easy way to get...
Provided by Jan Mullikin
Categories Side Casseroles
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Flour surface and roll puff pastry out into a 12 X 7 inch rectangle. (You can adjust it for your dish)
- 2. With a sharp knife, cut 1 inch in from the edges every 1/2 inch over so you can braid the edges over for prettiness or leave straight as it keeps from puffing up too much.
- 3. Bake until very lightly golden about 10-15 minutes depending on your oven. Watch it carefully!
- 4. Remove from oven, sprinkle with Gruyere. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fit across the shell in a single layer. I alternate ends and tips sometimes. Brush with oil, season with salt & pepper and bake until tender 20 to 25 minutes. I will use Sherry Parfait's method of pre-cooking spears in olive oil in a skillet, just a little first to soften them before I bake them.
ASPARAGUS GRUYèRE TART
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a 16-by-10-inch rectangle. Trim uneven edges. Place the pastry on a baking sheet. With a sharp knife, lightly score the dough 1 inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle. Using a fork, pierce the dough inside the markings at half-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pastry shell from the oven, and sprinkle with the cheese. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside the tart shell; arrange in a single layer over the cheese, alternating ends and tips. Brush with the oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until the spears are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Scoring the Dough
- Use a sharp knife to ensure that the edges rise evenly; pricking the center of the pastry with a fork keeps it from puffing up too high as it bakes.
ASPARAGUS AND GRUYERE TART
I love the nutty flavor of gruyere cheese and this recipe sounds absolutely delicious. How can you go wrong with puff pastry, asparagus and gruyere cheese - YUM!!! I found this recipe on the web and I plan to try it as soon as I can get my hands on some fresh asparagus.
Provided by DailyInspiration
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet to a 16 x 10 inch rectangle. Score a line around the puff pastry 1 inch from the edge. Brush the mustard around the inside of the cut. Sprinkle the cheese over the mustard. Arrange the asparagus in a single layer over the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Brush the outside inch of the pastry with the oil. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until the asparagus is tender and the pastry is golden brown, about 15-25 minutes.
People also searched
More about "asparagus gruyere tart recipes"
ASPARAGUS AND GRUYERE TART RECIPE | FOOD CHANNEL
2017-09-05 · Asparagus and Gruyere Tart Recipe. Asparagus and Gruyere Tart Recipe. 0 shares. share. tweet. email. Print This Page. By Rattan Direct | September …
ASPARAGUS AND GRUYERE TART - BIGOVEN
Roasting asparagus is one of my favorite ways to cook asparagus as it seems to concentrate the flavour which makes this tart all the better. I did make one quick …
ASPARAGUS GRUYERE TART | CANADIAN LIVING
2007-11-07 · In steamer or rack in saucepan, cover and steam asparagus until tender-crisp, 3 minutes. Chill in cold water; pat dry. Unroll each pastry sheet onto prepared pan.
See details »
GRUYERE ASPARAGUS TART RECIPE - THE KITCHEN PAPER
2014-02-28 · Preheat the oven to 400 F. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry dough out to a 16″x10″ rectangle. With a knife, lightly score a border 1″ from the edge. Do …
- Thaw the puff pastry according to the directions on the package (let sit at room temperature for an hour, or overnight in the fridge).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry dough out to a 16″x10″ rectangle. With a knife, lightly score a border 1″ from the edge. Do not cut all the way through.
CHEESY ASPARAGUS TART - WHAT'S GABY COOKING
2021-03-16 · Sprinkle half the Gruyere and Parmesan on the puff pastry. Line the asparagus on top of the cheese. Scatter the rest of the cheese on top of the asparagus and …
- Thaw the puff pastry either by placing it in the fridge overnight or by laying it on the counter, on a piece of parchment paper, for about an hour.
- Once thawed unfold the flaps and slightly roll out the dough to get rid of the seems. Transfer the puff pastry dough while still on the parchment paper to a baking sheet. Sprinkle half the Gruyere and Parmesan on the puff pastry. Line the asparagus on top of the cheese. Scatter the rest of the cheese on top of the asparagus and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry dough has puffed and the asparagus is roasted and cooked through.
CHEESY PUFF PASTRY ASPARAGUS TART - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
2019-02-22 · Instructions. Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC/430ºF. Line a baking sheet with baking/parchment paper. To make the cheese mixture, combine the cream cheese, egg yolks …
- To make the cheese mixture, combine the cream cheese, egg yolks, Parmesan, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Gently roll the puff pastry out into a large rectangle (to fit the baking sheet). Score a border around the edge (taking care not to cut all the way through the pastry).
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the puff pastry, staying within the borders then top with the asparagus and season with salt and pepper.. Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg.
ASPARAGUS AND GRUYERE QUICHE | FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
2017-04-19 · How to Make an Asparagus and Gruyere Quiche. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a pie pan with cooking spray. Carefully unroll the pre-made pie crust and place it …
- Coat a pie pan with cooking spray. Carefully unroll the pre-made pie crust and place it in the pie pan. Crimp the edges.
- Combine the eggs, milk, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste, together in a bowl and whisk until very well combined.
ASPARAGUS GRUYèRE TART WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE - WITH VIDEO ...
2016-05-09 · Prick puff pastry all over, with a fork. Brush evenly with Dijon mustard. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese, spread out asparagus evenly on top of cheese, and sprinkle with …
- On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry to approximately 11×14 inches using a floured rolling pin. Transfer to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
ASPARAGUS TART - AHEAD OF THYME
Sprinkle Gruyère cheese evenly over the pastry inside the border and top with asparagus in a single layer alternating ends and tips. In a small bowl, add olive oil …
- On a clean and lightly floured surface, prepare and roll out the puff pastry into a 10x15-inch rectangle. Transfer to a large half sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Use a knife to gently score a 1-inch border around the pastry dough. Make sure to score the pastry with shallow cuts and do not cut through the pastry.
- Use a fork to lightly poke holes all over the pastry dough (inside the scored border). Do not poke through the dough. This allows the steam to escape during baking so that the pastry doesn't puff up in the oven.
ASPARAGUS AND GRUYERE TARTS - JOY THE BAKER
2012-05-14 · Brush the asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with more coarsely ground black pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until puff pastry is golden brown and asparagus is …
ASPARAGUS AND GRUYERE TART - CLOSET COOKING
2009-05-21 · The asparagus and gruyere tart turned out great! I used a medium thickness asparagus and it was perfectly roasted at the same time that the puff pastry had turned …
RECIPE: ASPARAGUS, GRUYERE AND STRAWBERRY TART | VANCOUVER SUN
With pastry brush, brush surface and edges of puff pastry lightly with egg wash then with a light coating of Bonne Maman strawberry jam. Sprinkle with Gruyere and …
RECIPE: HAM, ASPARAGUS, & GRUYèRE TART | KITCHN
2020-01-21 · Lay the asparagus spears over the egg mixture in a single layer. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake until the edges are puffed and the bottom is crisp and …
GRUYèRE, LEEK AND ASPARAGUS TART | METRO
In the same bowl, mix asparagus with 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) oil, tarragon, salt and pepper. Prick the crust with a fork and bake 15 – 20 minutes or until lightly coloured.
ASPARAGUS TART RECIPE | BREAKFAST RECIPES | PBS FOOD
In a medium bowl, mix together the Parmesan, Gruyere and red pepper flakes. Spread half of the cheese mixture on the inside square. Arrange the asparagus spears …
LE GRUYèRE AOP AND ASPARAGUS TARTLET RECIPE - GREAT ...
2021-06-07 · While the pastry rests, prepare the filling, Mix together the eggs, double cream and Gruyère together in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Take 4 of the asparagus …
ASPARAGUS AND GRUYèRE TART - ACANADIANFOODIE.COM
2013-05-26 · Brush the border of the tart with a little beaten egg, place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until the asparagus spears are cooked through, the tart is …
ASPARAGUS GRUYèRE TART - PUBLIX
2014-06-17 · Ingredients 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed Flour, for work surface 1/3 cup sour cream (or crème fraiche)
See details »
EASY ASPARAGUS GRUYERE TART RECIPE - MOM SPARK - MOM BLOGGER
2012-04-14 · Easy Asparagus Gruyere Tart Recipe. by Mom Spark on April 14, 2012 // This post may contain affiliate links. 148 shares. 148; I came across the original recipe for …
See details »
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation occasion lunch eggs-dairy vegetables easy holiday-event spring cheese dietary low-sodium seasonal low-in-something asparagus brunch number-of-servings presentation