AUNT FANNIE'S DINNER SOUP
This is such a Midwestern dish. It reminds me of cold nights and blustery weather and a good bowl of soup to stick to the ribs. My mother has made this forever and it's like a cross between a shepherd's pie, and a fagoli style soup with a little down home twist that has a little "Kitchen Sink" inspiration. No, I didn't have an Aunt Fannie, it's just what we've always called it. Because it's a Midwest dish, it's definitely a taste as you go and jazz up the flavor to your own palate.
Provided by peskyleo
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water boil.
- Add pasta and cook 8 - 10 minute until al-dente.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute ground beef 5 minutes. Add the onion and peppers and saute a further 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Season to taste.
- Add tomato sauce, corn and pasta. Stir well 5 - 7 minutes. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.4, Fat 17.7, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 77.1, Sodium 588.3, Carbohydrate 25.2, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 5, Protein 24.7
- In a bowl mix together (until just combined) the meat, eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, and parsley. Season with salt and red pepper flakes. Add enough club soda to make a firm but light textured meatball. Form mixture into meatballs about the size of an ice cream scoop. Chill, covered, until ready to add to sauce.
AUNT FANNIE'S DINNER
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes. Add the onion and saute for 5 to 10 more minutes. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Add the tomato sauce, stewed OR diced tomatoes, corn and cooked macaroni. Stir well and allow to heat through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.6 calories, Carbohydrate 25.7 g, Cholesterol 68.9 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 23.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 564.3 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
AUNT FANNY'S COOKIES
From Jo Ann Shirley's 1978 Cakes and Cookies cookbook. These are a pinwheel type cookie that has a sugar-cinnamon-walnut mixture rolled with a sugar dough. The dough does need to be chilled before rolling, but that chilling time has not been factored into the prep time. And I don't know how long they should be baked so let us all know if you try it!
Provided by the_cookie_lady
Yield 3 dozen, 18 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sift together flour, sugar and salt into a bowl. Add beaten egg yolks and milk and mix to a firm dough. Chill.
- Combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. Add a little cream to make a paste.
- Roll out dough in a long rectangle that is 1/8" thick. Spread walnut mixture over dough and roll up, starting with the long side. Cut into ¼" thick slices. Put onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake @ 375 degrees until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.2, Fat 9.2, SaturatedFat 1.1, Cholesterol 31.9, Sodium 12.3, Carbohydrate 33.2, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 13.6, Protein 4.3
More about "aunt fannies dinner recipes"
MENU FOR AN ATLANTA RESTAURANT WITH OFFENSIVE NAME ...
AUNT FANNYS CABIN ORIGINAL RECIPES
AUNT FANNY'S SQUASH CASSEROLE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
AUNT FANNY BASO'S BLINTZES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SUNDAY DINNER WITH AUNT FANNIE | SARA'S SECRETS - FOOD …
AUNT FANNY'S SQUASH CASSEROLE - SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY
RECIPE FOR AUNT FANNIES CAKE WITH WHIPPING CREAM - CREATE ...
AUNT FANNIES BAKED SQUASH - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
AUNT FANNIE'S DINNER RECIPE | THE EXCHANGE BOOK
AUNT FANNIE'S DINNER RECIPE
AUNT FANNIE’S – WELLNESS FROM THE OUTSIDE IN.
FAMOUS IN ITS DAY: AUNT FANNY’S CABIN | RESTAURANT-ING ...
BEST COOKING BREADS RECIPES: AUNT FANNIE'S DINNER
EVER WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FAVORITE ... - …
COMING FOR DINNER - MERINGUE TORTE
HEALTHY RECIPE: AUNT FANNIE’S DINNER RECIPE
AUNT FANNYS CABIN RECIPES
AUNT FANNIE'S SQUASH CASSEROLE-TED'S MONTANA RECIPE ...
AUNT FANNIE'S DINNER | RECIPES, FOOD, BEEF RECIPES
EPICURUS.COM RECIPES | AUNT FANNY’S LIBERTY CAKE WITH ...
DINNER IDEAS ALL RECIPES / AUNT FANNIE'S DINNER RECIPE ...
FANNIE FLAGG'S CHRISTMAS DINNER AT THE DINER - SOUTHERN LIVING
AUNT FANNIE'S DINNER | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD DISHES ...
AUNT ANNIES DUMPLINGS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
AUNT FANNIE'S DINNER | RECIPE | DINNER, EASY DINNER ...
COPYCAT AUNTIE ANNE'S SOFT PRETZEL RECIPE | TOP SECRET RECIPES
PASTA -- AUNT FANNIE'S DINNER
AUNT JEMIMA CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
AUNT FANNIE'S DINNER - CRECIPE.COM
You'll also love