HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Cut pumpkins in half and scoop out seeds. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place pumpkins, flesh side down on the cookie sheet and roast until soft to the touch, about 45 minutes. Remove pumpkins from oven and let cool. Once pumpkins are cool scrape flesh from skins into a food processor. Discard skins.
- Add chicken stock to the pumpkin and puree. Pour soup into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in cream, nutmeg, sage and salt. Mix well and remove from heat. Serve garnished with a dollop of sour cream
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245 calories, Carbohydrate 16.8 g, Cholesterol 67.5 mg, Fat 19.8 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 898.9 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
AUTUMN HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP
- Heat the oil in-a small saucepan.
- When moderately hot, add the onion and saute until tender.
- Add the pumpkin, tomato, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Carefully pour the hot mixture into a blender puree until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk and blend well.
- Return to heat to warm.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg before serving.
HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP
This crowd-friendly, autumnal soup is made with a whole host of root vegetables. One sugar pumpkin is halved and roasted until the flesh is soft, then puréed. It's then cooked with turnips, parsnips, potatoes, and shallots, flavored with fresh thyme leaves and brown sugar, and blended with chicken stock and heavy cream for a comforting meal.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pumpkin halves, cut sides down, on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until soft, about 50 minutes. Scoop out flesh, and puree in a food processor (you should have 2 cups).
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add reserved seeds and fibers from pumpkin, and cook for 4 minutes. Add stock, water, and thyme, and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 5 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin puree, parsnip, potato, and turnip, and cook for 5 minutes. Add shallots, and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add wine, and cook until liquid has reduced by half.
- Strain pumpkin-seed mixture, reserving broth and discarding solids. Add broth to pumpkin-wine mixture. Bring to a simmer; cook 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Pass soup through a food mill into a clean saucepan, or puree in a food processor in small batches until smooth. (If soup does not reach desired consistency using a food processor, press it through a fine sieve to remove any remaining lumps.) Heat soup in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in cream, sugar, salt, and pepper, and serve.
HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP
A drizzle of maple syrup is the crowning touch to this thick and creamy soup. You can also substitute 4 cups mashed butternut squash for the fresh pumpkin. -Lesley Pew, Lynn, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan, saute shallots and celery in butter until tender. , Stir in the pumpkin, pears, broth, wine, water, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until pears are tender. Discard bay leaf. Cool slightly., In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan. Stir in syrup; heat through.
Nutrition Facts :
AUTUMN PUMPKIN SOUP
I found this recipe listed in my local newspaper. I never liked anything pumpkin before this. The green apple really makes the soup flavorful.
Provided by ForceUser
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and celery and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the stock and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender in batches and puree until smooth.
- Return to pot and add the remaining three cups of stock, wine, sage, salt, thyme, and pumpkin.
- Simmer until flavors are blended, about10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, top with a few apple pieces and sprinkle with parmesan.
POTLATCH FALL HARVEST SOUP
Simple Potlatch fare, comes from the fruits of the earth and sea. Here, pureed pumpkin and canned cream corn simplifies the otherwise tedious preparation, and may be spiced up to your liking or left mellow and earthy.
Provided by KCFOXY
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine the pumpkin and creamed corn in a blender; pulse to puree the mixture for 1 minute or until smooth. Add the milk and continue to pulse the mixture for another minute, or until well combined. Pour pumpkin mixture into a 3 to 4 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Immediately stir in the broth, apple cider, water, butter, and ground mace. Heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste. Add thawed corn kernels and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108.8 calories, Carbohydrate 22.1 g, Cholesterol 5.1 mg, Fat 2.2 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 462.2 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
More about "autumn harvest pumpkin soup recipes"
AUTUMN HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 4Cuisine Not SetCategory Soups, Stews And Chili
AUTUMN HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP - RIVER CITY RECIPES
Email [email protected]
30 BEST FALL SOUP RECIPES - EASY AUTUMN SOUP IDEAS - COUNTRY LIVING
AUTUMN HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP - A DAY IN THE LIFE RECIPES
CURRIED HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP - E.D.SMITH®
AUTUMN HARVEST LENTIL SOUP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP - PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE - DINING ALFRESCO
VEGAN PUMPKIN SOUP FOR THE FALL - UNCHAINEDTV
BEST PANERA AUTUMN SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - DELISH
AUTUMN PUMPKIN SOUP - FURTHER FOOD
11 HEARTWARMING PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPES FOR FALL - TASTE …
HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE - COOKING WITH RUTHIE
AUTUMN SOUP RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
INSTANT POT AUTUMN HARVEST BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - TABLE FOR …
AUTUMN HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE - KITCHEN KETTLE
AUTUMN PUMPKIN SOUP - MADELEINE SHAW
AUTUMN PUMPKIN SOUP – THE DAIRY ALLIANCE
HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
COZY AUTUMN HARVEST SOUP (MIDDLE-EASTERN INSPIRED ... - OF …
ROASTED FALL HARVEST SOUP - THEFOODIEBUNCH
DUTCH PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE FOR AUTUMN HARVEST
RECIPE FOR PUMPKIN HARVEST SOUP | ALMANAC.COM
AUTUMN HARVEST SOUP | THE EDIBLE SCHOOLYARD PROJECT
ROBINHOOD | HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP
HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP #PUMPKINWEEK - EVERYDAY EILEEN
IT’S PUMPKIN TIME! FALL HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE
AUTUMN HARVEST PUMPKIN LENTIL - COOKE TAVERN SOUPS
HARVEST PUMPKIN LEEK SOUP RECIPE - LITTLE SPICE JAR
AUTUMN HARVEST LENTIL SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FALL HARVEST CREAMY PUMPKIN SOUP - THE SEASONED MOM
AUTUMN HARVEST SOUP – ERECIPE
FALL HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE - BALANCED LIVING AYURVEDA
HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE | RECIPE | PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE, …
HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP | PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE, PUMPKIN RECIPES ...
PANERA BREAD AUTUMN SQUASH SOUP - COPYKAT RECIPES
HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
AUTUMN PUMPKIN SOUP - FOOD GARDENING NETWORK
THANKSGIVING FALL HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE COTTON KITCHEN …
AN AUTUMN PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE, NATURALLY LOW CARB. - BEST LOW …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #low-protein #healthy #soups-stews #vegetables #fall #low-fat #stove-top #dietary #gluten-free #low-cholesterol #seasonal #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #free-of-something #low-in-something #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love