GREEN CHILE MACARONI & CHEESE - ROARING FORK RESTAURANT
- Char whole chile directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Transfer to paper bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel, seed, and coarsely chop chile. Transfer to processor; puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup chopped chile, bell pepper, onion and garlic. Saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Add corn; stir 1 minutes.
- Add cream and chile puree' bring to boil. Add cooked macaroni and grated cheese; stir until cheese melts and mixture is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
GREEN-CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE
If you think the heat might be too bold, opt for a milder chile rather than reducing the quantity. A cup of corn kernels is a good addition, mixed into the cheese sauce just before it comes off the heat. A Cheryl AltersJamison recipe from New Mexico Magazine, 2/2012.
Provided by zeldaz51
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter shallow, medium-to-large baking dish.
- Prepare breadcrumbs, first melting butter in small skillet over medium heat. Stir in bread crumbs and toast until golden, stirring occasionally. Scrape bread crumbs out of skillet and reserve.
- Prepare cheese sauce, first melting butter in large, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir flour into butter gradually (so it doesn't develop lumps).When flour is incorporated, mix in onion and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add green chile and any juice; cook until heated through. Raise heat to medium-high and gradually whisk in milk, buttermilk, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil and continue to cook until lightly thickened, stirring occasionally (about 5 minutes). Stir in creamy fresh goat cheese until melted into sauce.
- Remove sauce from heat and immediately mix in remaining cheeses, stirring until melted. Toss macaroni with cheese sauce and spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Scatter bread crumbs over macaroni and cheese sauce. Bake about 30 minutes, until heated through and golden-brown and crunchy on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 669.7, Fat 31.4, SaturatedFat 19.3, Cholesterol 93.4, Sodium 806.3, Carbohydrate 66.2, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 8, Protein 30.2
ONE-DISH GREEN CHILE MAC & CHEESE
Put a southwest-style spin on your next mac and cheese casserole by adding chopped green chiles and fresh pico de gallo.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings, 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix evaporated milk, VELVEETA and chiles in microwaveable 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray.
- Microwave on HIGH 5 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring after 3 min. Stir in 2% milk, then macaroni; cover.
- Bake 45 min. or until macaroni is tender, stirring after 30 min. Top with shredded cheese; bake. uncovered, 10 min. or until melted. Top with pico de gallo.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410, Fat 16 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, TransFat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 930 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 13 g, Protein 19 g
GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook noodles according to package directions Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large pan over medium heat, then add flour and whisk to combine. Cook flour for 1 minute, then slowly whisk in the milk a bit at a time making sure to whisk all the lumps out. When slightly thickened, add Velveeta and cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Stir in green chiles and roasted red peppers. Mix cooked and drained noodles into the sauce so that all the noodles are covered in sauce. Pour into a casserole dish, cover with the Mexican blend cheese and the melted butter mixed with crushed corn flakes. Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until bubbly. Serve warm.
More about "green chile macaroni and cheese recipes"
LUNACAFE WORLD FAMOUS GREEN CHILE MAC & CHEESE …
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
GREEN CHILE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.9/5 (13)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Dinner, Casserole, Comfort FoodCalories 389 per serving
GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
Servings 4Calories 526 per servingTotal Time 45 mins
GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE - GRACE AND GOOD EATS
GREEN CHILE MAC AND CHEESE RUTH CHRIS RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE - CREATIVE CULINARY
GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY ...
EASY GREEN CHILE MAC & CHEESE RECIPE
GREEN CHILE CHICKEN MAC AND CHEESE - DIARY OF A RECIPE ...
GREEN CHILE CHICKEN MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
HATCH GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | COOKING …
EASY ONE POT GREEN CHILI MACARONI AND CHEESE - THE …
GREEN CHILE MAC AND CHEESE - BUDGET BYTES
GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE - DELECTABILITIES
GREEN CHILI MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
NEW MEXICAN GREEN CHILE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | …
GREEN CHILE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HATCH GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE » KAY'S CLEAN EATS
GREEN CHILE MAC AND CHEESE - RECIPE RUNNER
GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
GREEN CHILI MAC & CHEESE RECIPE
GREEN CHILE MAC-AND-CHEESE RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
OL' GRINGO GREEN CHILE MACARONI & CHEESE - OL' GRINGO ...
GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE - GIRL GONE GOURMET
GREEN CHILE MAC AND CHEESE - THE GOURMET GOURMAND
GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE - PLAIN.RECIPES
GREEN CHILE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - RACHEL COOKS®
ONE-POT CHILI MAC AND CHEESE - RECIPE CAP
GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE - A WICKED WHISK
GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE - BIGOVEN.COM
GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES
GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE | GREEN CHILI RECIPES ...
CHILI MAC ‘N CHEESE - FOOD REVOLUTION NETWORK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook macaroni with green chiles?1 1/4 cups chopped roasted, seeded green chiles, or 3 (4-ounce) cans diced roasted green chiles Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (a tablespoon of salt for every 2 quarts of water). Add the macaroni pasta. Return to a rolling boil, and boil, uncovered, for about 2 minutes less than the cooking time given on the pasta box instructions.
Can green chile macaroni and cheese be frozen?Green Chile Macaroni and Cheese can be frozen for up to 2 months. HOW DO YOU MAKE GREEN CHILE MACARONI AND CHEESE? Easy! To make Green Chile Macaroni and Cheese, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Once boiling , cook your macaroni for four (yes.. four!) minutes, drain and set aside.
What is the best way to cook macaroni and cheese?Add the macaroni, chiles, corn and lime juice and stir until well combined. Taste for salt, add a teaspoon, less or more, if needed. Top the mac and cheese with panko or breadcrumbs. Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes at 400°F, or until the breadcrumbs are lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
What is Hatch green chile Mac and cheese?Our Hatch Green Chile Macaroni and Cheese recipe is creamy Mac and Cheese with roasted green chiles, tomatoes and Southwestern spices. Pure comfort food! 12 roasted Hatch chiles tops chopped, some charred skin removed with hand.