AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE
This chili recipe is many years in the making and I have won several awards with it. I think you'll be pleased with it. You can alter it to your own spice levels to achieve your perfect chili. Garnish with shredded mozzarella cheese, and use corn chips for dipping.
Provided by CHEFJIMMY
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook green pepper, and onion, until softened. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Crumble over bouillon cubes, and stir in wine; continue to cook for a few minutes. Stir in chopped tomatoes, garlic, and tomato paste. Season with paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, basil, oregano, and parsley. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover, and simmer for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in kidney beans, and hot pepper sauce. You can add the reserved tomato juice if more liquid is needed. Continue to simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, corn meal, and water until smooth. Stir into chili, and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until chili has thickened up.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494.6 calories, Carbohydrate 29.1 g, Cholesterol 85.8 mg, Fat 27.2 g, Fiber 7.5 g, Protein 31.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 1211.6 mg, Sugar 9.2 g
$20,000 PRIZE-WINNING CHILI CON CARNE
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, brown half the meat; pour off fat. Remove meat.
- Brown remaining meat; pour off all fat except 2 Tbsps.
- Add onion, garlic; cook and stir until tender.
- Add meat and remaining ingredients except flour, cornmeal and warm water. Mix well.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer covered 2 hours.
- Stir together flour and cornmeal; add warm water. Mix well.
- Stir into chili mixture. Cook covered 20 minutes longer.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 558.1, Fat 16.8, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 133.8, Sodium 1004.2, Carbohydrate 38.5, Fiber 10, Sugar 13.8, Protein 55.6
DEVON'S AWARD-WINNING CHILI
- Pat the brisket cubes dry with paper towels. Heat the oil in a very large heavy-bottomed pot and quickly brown the meat, in batches, on all sides. Transfer the brisket to a separate bowl and set aside. Saute the onion and garlic in the same oil over medium heat until limp, but not brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the chili powder, pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and cumin and saute for 1 minute. Add the green peppers, bay leaf, tomatoes with their juice, the reserved meat, 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pot with a tight fitting lid and simmer for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Taste and season with salt, to taste. Add the coffee, cover the pot and simmer for 1 more hour.
- Add the kidney beans and basil, and warm through. Transfer the chili to a large serving bowl and serve with sour cream, grated Cheddar, diced tomato, tortilla chips and guacamole.
AWARD WINNING CHILI
My husband and I created this recipe together. He won a chili cook-off with this recipe at work. We always use venison, but you can use ground beef or turkey.
Provided by KelBel
Categories Black Beans
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a medium Dutch oven over medium-high heat add the olive oil. Add the ground meat and cook, breaking up into pieces, until browned. Add the onions, bell pepper and jalapeno and cook until softened. Drain excess grease.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, salt, cayenne, paprika and 1 cup water. Mix to combine.
- Add the kidney beans and black beans, mix and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 1-2 hours.
- Serve with desired toppings.
AWARD WINNING CHILI
This delicious chili took 2nd place at our local chili cook-off! Bet you can't eat just one bowl. If it is too thick, add water 1/4 cup at a time until you reach desired consistency. Even better tasting the second day!
Provided by Jennifer
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, carrot, onion, celery, wine, pepper flakes, bell peppers and steak sauce.
- While tomato mixture is simmering, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Cook beef in bacon drippings until brown; drain. Stir chili seasoning into ground beef.
- Stir seasoned beef, cumin and bacon into tomato mixture. Continue to simmer until vegetables are tender and flavors are well blended.
- Stir in beans, cilantro and parsley. Heat through and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373 calories, Carbohydrate 22.5 g, Cholesterol 64.2 mg, Fat 22.1 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 21.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 1168.9 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
C. V. WOODS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CHILI CON CARNE
Award winning chili recipe. I think I would kick it up a bit by adding chicken bouillon and a bouquet garni to the broth. Being a fan of cilantro, I would increase the amount considerably. Also, topping a serving with a small amount of cheese would be great.
Provided by Pepina Rae
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Simmer chicken pieces in water for 2 hours.
- Strain broth and reserve.
- In 2 qt saucepan combine celery, tomatoes and sugar and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Boil chilies 15 min until tender, remove seeds and cut in 1/4" in squares.
- Combine oregano, cumin, MSG, pepper, salt, chili powder, cilantro, and thyme with beer and whisk until all lumps are dissolved.
- Add tomato mixture, chilies, beer mixture, and garlic to chicken broth.
- Render suet.
- Brown 1/2 of cubed pork chops in 1/3 of suet drippings. Repeat for other 1/2 of cubed pork chops.
- Add browned pork to broth mixture and cook slowly 30 minutes.
- Brown flank steak cubes in remaining 1/3 of suet drippings about 1/3 at a time.
- Add to pork mixture.
- Return to boil and simmer slowly about 1 hour.
- Add onions and green peppers.
- Simmer 2 1/2 hours longer, stirring with wooden spoon every 15-20 minute.
- Cool 1 hour then refrigerate 24 hours.
- Reheat chili before serving.
- About 5 minutes before serving time, add cheese.
- Immediately before serving, add lime juice and stir with wooden spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1189.8, Fat 77, SaturatedFat 33.1, Cholesterol 365, Sodium 1315.8, Carbohydrate 14.9, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 7.1, Protein 104.6
REAL TEXAS CHILI (CHILI CON CARNE)
In Texas, putting beans in chili is prohibited by state law. This recipe does not use beans. Nor does it use tomato sauce or paste, common ingredients in so called "award-winning" chili recipes. If you're looking for authentic chili, this one's the real McCoy; an authentic recreation of the chili that was served in the days of the trail drives - where chili is said to have originated. Take your sweet time making this chili...nice and slow. Good Texas chili has to have time to ripen.
Provided by Annisette
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Grind the meat through the coarse blade of a meat grinder.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the meat in small batches in the bacon drippings.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked meat to a second large heavy skillet. Set aside.
- Wash the ancho peppers in cold water. Discard the stems and seeds, and tear the peppers into 2 inch pieces.
- Place the pieces of pepper in a small sauce pan with 2 cups of cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain the peppers, reserving the cooking water. Peel the skin from the peppers and place the peppers in the bowl of a food processor. Add the reserved water. Puree with short pulses.
- Mix the pureed pepper into the beef. Add 3 cups water. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a slow simmer and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in oregano, cumin, salt, cayenne, and garlic. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Mix in the masa harina. Cover. Reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- If the mixtures is too thick, thin it with a small amount of boiling water.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with hunks of smokin' hot cornbread and a tall iced tea.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 600.4, Fat 42.7, SaturatedFat 16.5, Cholesterol 158.5, Sodium 923.1, Carbohydrate 11.8, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 0.1, Protein 42
More about "award winning chili con carne recipes"
AWARD WINNING CHILI (CHILI CON CARNE) - BROWN SUGAR …
5/5 (2)Category SoupsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs
AWARD WINNING CHILI - THE MODERN PROPER
TRUE TEXAS CHILI (CHILI CON CARNE) - HOUSE OF YUMM
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
AWARD WINNING CHILI - REAL LIFE DINNER
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE RECIPE
AWARD WINNING CHILI RECIPE (THE BEST CHILI YOU'LL EVER HAVE)
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE - COOKAMOK
69 WINNING CHILI RECIPES - FOOD.COM
CLASSIC CHILI CON CARNE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - NEWBIETO COOKING
EDDIE'S AWARD WINNING CHILI RECIPE L PANNING THE GLOBE
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE | ALLREC
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEEF CHILI RECIPE: AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE BY CHEFJIMMY – …
CONTEST WINNING CHILI CON CARNE - BEST CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE - REVIEW BY GODIVAGIRL
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE - AMERICAN RECIPES
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE - REVIEW BY MPERINCHIEF
ORIGINAL TEXAS CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE - REVIEW BY TED CHARTRAND
HEARTY HOMEMADE CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - FOODESS.COM
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE | RECIPESTY
RECIPES FOR CHILI CON CARNE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
TEXAS CHILI – AWARD WINNING CHILI RECIPE - THE WICKED NOODLE
RED CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
EASIEST WAY TO PREPARE AWARD-WINNING CHILI CON CARNE (1960’S …
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE - BEEF CHILI RECIPES
HOW TO PREPARE FAVORITE CHILI CON CARNE
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE | YUMMLY
BLUE RIBBON AWARD WINNING CHILI - THE BEST CHILI RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is chili con carne?This Award Winning Chili (Chili Con Carne) recipe is made with beef, sausage, spices, beer, and topped off with cheese and jalapeno! Subscribe to my blog to recieve weekly MEAL PLANS and RECIPES! Sign Up HereClose Top Banner Skip to primary navigation Skip to main content Skip to primary sidebar Skip to footer Home About FAQ about Me Contact
What is your best chili recipe?In a medium Dutch oven over medium-high heat add the olive oil. Add the ground meat and cook, breaking up into pieces, until browned. Add the onions, bell pepper and jalapeno and cook until softened. Drain excess grease. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, salt, cayenne, paprika and 1 cup water. Mix to combine.
What is your go-to chili recipe?Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, salt, cayenne, paprika and 1 cup water. Mix to combine. Add the kidney beans and black beans, mix and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 1-2 hours. Serve with desired toppings. "My husband and I created this recipe together. He won a chili cook-off with this recipe at work.
How do you make chili with cornmeal?Add onion, garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add meat and remaining ingredients except flour, cornmeal and warm water. Mix well. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer covered 2 hours. Stir together flour and cornmeal; add warm water. Mix well. Stir into chili mixture. Cook covered 20 minutes longer. Serve hot.