Roasted garlic is an easy and affordable way to add a savory boost to almost any meal. The long, slow cooking mellows the garlic's bite and leaves rich, deep flavor and silky texture in its place. Use it to make Roasted-Garlic Bread, Garlic and Chive Dip, or Garlic-Stuffed Roast Chicken.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using a serrated knife, slice off top quarter of garlic heads, exposing as many cloves as possible. Arrange garlic heads, cut side up, in an 8- or 9-inch square baking dish (make sure garlic heads sit flat).
- Season garlic with salt and pepper and sprinkle with thyme. Slowly pour oil over each head, letting it soak into and around cloves. Cover dish tightly with foil and roast until cloves are golden, completely soft, and begin to protrude slightly from skins, about 1 hour. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- From the bottom up, squeeze each head to push out cloves (peel skins from any completely enclosed cloves). Transfer garlic and cooking oil to an airtight container. (Garlic will keep, refrigerated, up to 2 weeks.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168 g, Fat 11 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the top quarter off the top of the garlic bulbs. Place them in a pie pan and drizzle the tops with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover them with foil and bake until the garlic is roasted and soft, about 45 minutes.
Provided by Robin Miller : Food Network
Yield 2 heads roasted garlic
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice off the top each head of garlic to expose some of the cloves inside. Place the heads on a piece of foil. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in the foil. Roast until cloves are lightly browned and tender, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange heads of garlic on a baking sheet. Sprinkle garlic with olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour, when the garlic is soft and squeezable, it is ready. Remove, let cool, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 79.5 calories, Carbohydrate 12.3 g, Fat 2.9 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 6.4 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
EASY ROASTED GARLIC BUTTER
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut about a half inch off the top of the garlic bulb.
- Place the bulb in a small baking dish. Drizzle the top with the olive oil.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil, and bake for 1 hour.
- Set the butter out to soften as you put the garlic in the oven.
- When the garlic is done, let it cool enough to handle. You should be able to just squeeze the cloves out of the husk.
- Put the softened butter and the garlic cloves in a mixing bowl, and mix together until thoroughly integrated.
- To store, scrape the mixture onto a piece of parchment or wax paper, roll into a fat, sausage shaped log, and the twist the ends shut.
WHOLE ROASTED GARLIC
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut a thin (1/4-inch) slice from the top of each head of garlic; discard. Place garlic in a small baking dish. Drizzle with oil. Cover with parchment paper-lined foil; roast garlic until soft and golden, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. To store, squeeze out unused cloves into jar and add enough olive oil to cover. Store closed jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC
Keen to find out how to roast garlic? Once roasted, garlic becomes sweet and soft - perfect for soups, sauces and dips
Provided by Anna Glover
Yield 1 whole garlic
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Cut the top off the garlic bulb, exposing the tops of the garlic cloves. Put on a small square of foil, and rub with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Scrunch up the foil to seal in the bulb.
- Roast for 25-30 mins until soft when pressed, and the papery casing is light golden. Leave to cool for a few minutes before squeezing the soft roasted garlic out of their shells. Alternatively, take off all the papery casing and remove the cloves individually.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 16 calories, Fat 1 grams fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 0.2 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut top 1/4 inch off heads of garlic to expose cloves. Place garlic in small baking dish. Add oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Turn garlic cut side up. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake until garlic skins are golden brown and cloves are tender, about 55 minutes. Cool. Squeeze garlic cloves from skins.
- The quantity of garlic is arbitrary.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Break the garlic into individual unpeeled cloves. Place the garlic in a heat-proof baking dish and place in the oven. Bake 25 minutes and set aside for use in cooking as needed.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 279, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 62 grams, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 32 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
More about "roasted garlic recipes"
9 ROASTED GARLIC RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Author Cathy JacobsPublished 2019-07-03Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Whole Roasted Garlic. Making whole roasted garlic for adding to recipes, spreading on baguette slices, or using as a garnish is so easy, you'll wonder why you never did it before.
- Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce. Recreate a popular sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings at home with this easy copycat recipe that features oven-roasted garlic, Parmesan cheese, seasoned mayonnaise, and plenty of fresh herbs.
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Oven-roasted garlic adds bold flavor to creamy mashed potatoes, making this recipe a fabulous side dish for meaty mains such as roast lamb, pork, or beef.
- Roasted Garlic Hummus. Hummus is a classic Mediterranean appetizer that makes a popular dip for crackers, pita, and raw vegetable sticks at any type of gathering.
- Roasted Garlic Aioli. Traditional aioli is a thick, garlicky olive oil dressing with a consistency similar to mayonnaise. This recipe uses roasted garlic instead of raw cloves for a gentler flavor.
- Mushroom Pizza With Roasted Garlic and Mint. Roasted garlic adds its mild, sweet flavor to homemade pizza in this recipe. It's easy to make with store-bought dough and lets you skip delivery.
- Vegan Roasted Garlic and Lemon Soup. This vegan roasted garlic soup is loaded with rich flavor and gets a lovely lift of brightness from fresh lemon juice.
- Roasted Garlic Bread for the Bread Machine. Use your bread machine to bake up this garlicky loaf. Oven-roasted garlic is combined with butter and added near the end of the last kneading cycle, producing tasty bread that you can serve alongside your favorite pasta dishes and other Italian entrees.
- Creamed Yuca (Cassava) With Roasted Garlic. Creamed yuca (also called cassava) is a popular Caribbean comfort food that makes a great alternative to mashed potatoes and the perfect side dish for serving alongside jerk chicken and other island-inspired meals.
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC & 10 WAYS TO USE IT! - OAT&SESAME
ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC IN THE OVEN - KITCHN
SIMPLE ROASTED GARLIC BREAD RECIPE | WHOLEFULLY
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC, ROASTED GARLIC - SIMPLY RECIPES
WHOLE ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEST ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE — HOW TO ROAST GARLIC - DELISH
25 THINGS TO DO WITH ROASTED GARLIC - THE WICKED NOODLE
THE EASIEST WAY TO MAKE ROASTED GARLIC - SELF PROCLAIMED FOODIE
ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE - HOW TO ROAST GARLIC - DELICIOUS …
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC (OVEN ROASTED GARLIC) - VIDEO!!!
ROASTED GARLIC CLOVES RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC RECIPE - COOKING | ADD A PINCH | ROBYN STONE
GARLIC AND HERB PORK ROAST - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC (ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE) - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC AND HOW TO STORE IT - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
ROASTED GARLIC RECIPES - HOW TO COOK WITH ROASTED GARLIC
ROASTED GARLIC - HOW TO ROAST GARLIC ON THE GRILL! - VINDULGE
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC: WHOLE ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EASY ROASTED GARLIC - THE RECIPE REBEL
HOMEMADE ROASTED GARLIC - SAVORING THE GOOD®
ROASTED GARLIC - JO COOKS
10 WAYS TO ENJOY ROASTED GARLIC - SAVVYMOM
ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT ROASTED GARLIC - FLOUR ON MY FACE
BEST ROASTED GARLIC RECIPES AND ROASTED GARLIC COOKING IDEAS
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC - BAKE. EAT. REPEAT.
RACHAEL RAY'S EASY ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
HOW TO…ROAST GARLIC - THE PIONEER WOMAN
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC (RECIPE AND TIPS) - COOKIE AND KATE
ROASTED GARLIC DRESSING RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ROASTED GARLIC - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
EASY ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
THE BEST WAYS TO USE ROASTED GARLIC | DEVOUR | COOKING CHANNEL
EASY OVEN ROASTED GARLIC - INSPIRED TASTE
#weeknight #15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #appetizers #oven #easy #roast #low-fat #vegetarian #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-in-something #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love