BABY BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKE STIR-FRY
- Stir together broth, oyster sauce, rice wine, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Stir-fry garlic and ginger with salt until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shiitakes and stir-fry until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add bok choy and stir-fry until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Re-stir cornstarch mixture. Make a well in vegetables and add cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil and toss to coat vegetables. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 95.3 calories, Carbohydrate 7.2 g, Cholesterol 0.5 mg, Fat 5.4 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 407.3 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
CHINESE-STYLE BABY BOK CHOY WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
- In a bowl, mix together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Mix the potato starch and water in a small bowl, and stir it into the oyster sauce mixture until smooth.
- Fill a pot with water, bring to a boil, and stir in salt and vegetable oil. Place the bok choy into the boiling water, and cook until tender, shiny, and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the bok choy, and arrange attractively on a serving platter.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok until the oil shimmers, then toss the green onion and garlic in the hot oil until fragrant, about 20 seconds; stir in the mushrooms. Cook and stir until the mushrooms begin to shrink slightly. Sprinkle the mushrooms lightly with salt. Continue to cook the mushrooms, stirring often, until they are tender, about 5 minutes. Pour in the oyster sauce mixture, then stir until the sauce is thickened and coats the mushrooms, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour the thickened mushroom sauce over the bok choy; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 69 calories, Carbohydrate 4.7 g, Fat 5.4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 175.2 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
GLAZED SHIITAKES WITH BOK CHOY
Gorgeous glazed shiitake mushrooms and tender green bok choy sparked with ginger, sesame and hot pepper work beautifully against more staid flavors, so consider serving them next to a traditional roast chicken or turkey. They also are delicious draped over a pile of rice.
Provided by David Tanis
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cut off and discard stem ends of bok choy. Separate leaves, rinse and drain. Drop leaves into boiling water and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until barely cooked. Immediately remove, rinse with cool water, drain and pat dry. Arrange leaves in one layer on an ovenproof earthenware platter, then set aside.
- Put a large wok or cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add oil and heat until nearly smoking, then add hot peppers and shiitake caps, stirring to coat. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Reduce heat slightly and add garlic, ginger, sugar, sesame oil and tamari. Stir-fry for 1 minute more.
- Spoon shiitake and pan juices over reserved cooked bok choy. Serve at room temperature, or if you prefer, reheat covered with foil for 10 to 15 minutes in a hot oven. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds, if using.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 107, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 463 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
STIR-FRIED BABY BOK CHOY WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Soak shiitakes in 1 cup very hot water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid. Trim mushrooms and chop. Separate leaves and stems of bok choy; cut stems into 2-inch lengths and slice leaves into ribbons.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. When oil is hot, add bok choy stems, garlic, if using, reconstituted mushrooms, and about 1/4 cup reserved mushroom water.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until stems are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil; saute fresh shiitake mushrooms over medium-high heat. Continue cooking until they begin to brown and crisp on edges.
- Into the large skillet or wok, add bok choy leaves and oyster sauce and toss vegetables gently to combine; continue cooking until greens wilt, about 2 more minutes. Serve immediately, topped with crisp mushrooms.
BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKES
- Soak 12 dried shiitake mushrooms in hot water, 30 minutes. Remove the stems. Boil 4 quartered heads bok choy, 2 minutes. Stir-fry 1 minced garlic clove in peanut oil, then add the mushrooms and some thinly sliced jicama; stir-fry 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoons each oyster sauce and mirin (sweet rice wine) and 1 cup chicken broth; cover and cook, 5 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with a splash of water, then the bok choy; stir-fry 2 minutes.
BABY BOK CHOY WITH BRAISED SHIITAKE SAUCE
- Pour enough hot water over shiitakes to cover; let soak until soft, 45 minutes. Drain; squeeze to remove excess water. Cut off stems; discard. Thinly slice caps.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add 2 tablespoons oil, then bok choy; cook just until wilted, 30 seconds. Drain. Transfer to platter; cover.
- Whisk 1 teaspoon tapioca starch and 1 tablespoon water in bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; stir 30 seconds. Add shiitakes; stir 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; add broth and next 4 ingredients. Whisk in tapioca mixture; cook until sauce thickens, about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over bok choy; scatter ginger over.
More about "baby bok choy and shiitake stir fry recipes"
CHINESE STIR-FRIED BABY BOK CHOY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
SEARED BABY BOK CHOY WITH TOFU & SHIITAKES - RECIPE
RECIPE: BRAISED SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS WITH BABY BOK CHOY
BABY BOK CHOY STIR-FRY WITH SHIITAKE - I HEART UMAMI®
Reviews 4Category Appetizer, Light Dinner, Side DishCuisine Asian, ChineseTotal Time 20 mins
- Halve baby bok choy (slice in half or quarter them) Rinse then pat dry. Thin slice garlic and finely chop ginger. Set aside.
- Aromatics: Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 ½ tbsp avocado oil. When hot, add garlic and ginger, quickly season with a small pinch of sea salt and stir-fry for 8-10 seconds or until fragrant (be careful not to burn the ingredients).
- Mushrooms: Add sliced mushrooms. Continue stirring and flipping for another 1 min. until the mushrooms are soft. Add a bit more oil if the skillet feels a bit dry.
- Bok Choy: Add baby bok choy and cook until the color turns light green yet still crisp, about 1-2 mins. Season with salt to taste. Sprinkle with sesame seeds & drizzle with 1 tsp sesame oil before serving. Serve either hot, room temperature, or slightly chilled.
STIR-FRIED BABY BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS RECIPE
4/5 Servings 8
STIR-FRIED BABY BOK CHOY WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS RECIPE
5/5 (1)Category Bok ChoyServings 6Total Time 15 mins
BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKE MUSHROOM STIR-FRY RECIPE
4.5/5 (56)Total Time 25 minsCategory Entree, Dinner, Side DishCalories 77 per serving
STIR-FRIED BABY BOK CHOY WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
STEAK, SHIITAKE, AND BOK CHOY STIR-FRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BABY BOK CHOY STIR FRY WITH GARLIC - OH MY FOOD RECIPES
CHICKEN WITH OYSTER SAUCE STIR FRY - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
BOK CHOY AND MUSHROOM STIR FRY - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
BABY BOK CHOY WITH SHIITAKE AND BAMBOO SHOOTS - CHATELAINE
STIR-FRIED BABY BOK CHOY WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS : RECIPES : …
10 MINUTE EASY BABY BOK CHOY STIR FRY - CAMILA MADE
BABY BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKE STIR-FRY - PREVENTION.COM
BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKE STIR FRY RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BOK CHOY STIR FRY RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
4-INGREDIENT BABY BOK CHOY STIR FRY - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
GARLICKY SHRIMP STIR-FRY WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS AND BABY BOK …
BOK CHOY, SHIITAKE STIR FRY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GARLICKY SHRIMP STIR-FRY WITH SHIITAKES AND BOK CHOY
BABY BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKE STIR-FRY - MY NEW ROOTS
STIR-FRIED BABY BOK CHOY - THE MODERN PROPER
BEST BABY BOK CHOY STIR FRY RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
BABY BOK CHOY WITH SHIITAKES - COOKS WITHOUT BORDERS
BABY BOK CHOY STIR FRY RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BABY BOK CHOY STIR-FRY WITH SHIITAKE - PUNCHFORK
BOK CHOY STIR FRY - EASY RESTAURANT STYLE RECIPE
HEALTHY SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS WITH BABY BOK CHOY RECIPE
BABY BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKE STIR-FRY | RECIPE | VEGETARIAN MAIN …
STIR-FRY CHICKEN WITH BABY BOK CHOY & PEPPERS
STIR-FRIED BABY BOK CHOY, TOFU, SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS, & CARROTS
BABY BOK CHOY WITH BRAISED SHIITAKE SAUCE RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
BABY BOK CHOY WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOM IN OYSTER SAUCE
BABY BOK CHOY STIR FRY - A COUPLE COOKS
SHIITAKE & BOK CHOY STIR FRY | PLANT POWERED
CHICKEN STIR FRY WITH BABY BOK CHOY - KOREAN BAPSANG
BOK CHOY AND MUSHROOM STIR-FRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LOBSTER SURIMI & BABY BOK CHOY STIR FRY - CLOVER LEAF
GARLIC BABY BOK CHOY STIR FRY - THE WOKS OF LIFE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook bok choy for stir fry?Add the garlic and ginger and stir for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the soy sauce, the bok choy and scallions, and cook for a couple more minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the vegetable broth. Simmer until the bok choy is crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes
How to cook bok choy with shiitake mushrooms?Transfer the boiled bok choy to a plate. On a pan, heat 1 teaspoon of cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add the shiitake mushrooms and stir-fry for 5 minutes. When the mushrooms start to turn brown, add 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce and 0.5 cups of water.
How do you cook shiitakes in stir fry?Step 2 Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Stir-fry garlic and ginger with salt until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shiitakes and stir-fry until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add bok choy and stir-fry until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
Is bok choy and mushroom vegetable stir fry gluten free?This bok choy and mushroom vegetable stir-fry recipe are both vegetarian and vegan. If you need it to be gluten-free as well, check the ingredients of your vegetable broth (some brands are gluten-free and some are not), or make your own.