BAKED COCONUT CHICKEN FINGERS WITH PASSION FRUIT SAUCE
Take your family to an exotic culinary destination with baked coconut chicken fingers served with a tropical fruit sauce made of bananas, passion fruit, and pineapple.
Provided by Bibi
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the can of coconut milk into a large bowl. Add chicken tenders and toss to coat.
- Combine coconut flour, almond flour, salt, ginger, cayenne pepper, and turmeric on a large plate or in a shallow dish. Place shredded coconut and eggs in separate shallow bowls.
- Roll each chicken tender in the flour mixture. Dip in the egg and roll in coconut. Place tenders on the prepared sheet pan; coat with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the largest chicken tender reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 20 to 25 minutes. Broil until outsides are browned and toasted if desired, 1 to 2 minutes. Be sure to watch carefully to avoid scorching.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sugar and salt; stir to dissolve. Add bananas and pineapple; cook, stirring gently, until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and coconut milk in a small bowl; stir into the skillet with the fruit mixture. Cook, stirring gently, until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add passion fruit pulp. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve sauce over the coconut chicken tenders.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 633.7 calories, Carbohydrate 31.2 g, Cholesterol 145.8 mg, Fat 44.6 g, Fiber 11 g, Protein 32.5 g, SaturatedFat 32.3 g, Sodium 492.7 mg, Sugar 11.6 g
BANANA AND PASSIONFRUIT LOAF
- Preheat oven to 170oC. Grease a 6.5cm deep, 11cm x 21cm (base) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- Combine coconut, sugar and flour in a large bowl. Whisk sour cream, egg and vanilla together in a bowl. Add bananas to egg mixture and stir until well combined. Add banana mixture to coconut mixture. Gently stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand loaf in pan for 15 minutes. Lift onto a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
- To make passionfruit glaze, sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add passionfruit pulp and stir to form a thick paste. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds or until warm and runny. Pour glaze over loaf. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378.9, Fat 10, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 39.1, Sodium 355.3, Carbohydrate 69.3, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 44.7, Protein 4.9
BAKED BANANAS AND PASSION FRUIT
- Wrap each banana in aluminium foil, leaving the top open.
- Drizzle the honey over the bananas.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice in each packet and then drizzle over the orange juice.
- Cut the passion fruit in half and squeeze four of the halves over the bananas.
- Seal the foil parcels and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 C or 400 F for about 20 minutes.
- Put onto plates and give everyone one two halves of passion fruit.
- Each diner should squeeze their passion fruit onto their bananas as they open the packet.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170.8, Fat 0.6, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 9.2, Carbohydrate 43.8, Fiber 6.3, Sugar 27.6, Protein 2.1
BANANA TART WITH A PASSION FRUIT SAUCE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 tarts
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Tart Crust: Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and brush with clarified butter. Place first sheet of phyllo dough over the parchment paper, brush with clarified butter, sprinkle with cashews and cover with second sheet of phillo dough. Flatten with the back of a heavy pot. Cover with the third sheet over, brush with clarified butter, add the fourth phyllo sheet and flatten again with a pot. Cut into rounds with a 5-inch circle cutter. Place each round inside a 4-inch tart circle pressing the dough against the sides. Chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes, and then bake 6 to 7 minutes, or until golden.
- White Chocolate Mousse: In a double boiler, melt chocolate to 120 degrees and set aside. In a mixing bowl, whip the cream and fold in melted chocolate. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly over it. Freeze until hardened. Cut out 8 circles using a 4-inch circle cutter. Filling: In a saute pan, melt butter, add sugar and combine well. Add bananas, pour in rum and flambe the bananas.
- Passion Fruit Sauce: In a saucepan, bring passion fruit puree and half-and-half to a boil. In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until smooth and add to passion fruit mixture. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, strain through a fine sieve and cool in refrigerator.
- Assembly: Layer flambeed banana slices over the phyllo inside tart circle over the phyllo crust. Cover with a layer of white chocolate mousse. Chill and un-mold once set. Decorate with a chocolate piece made of marble and a sprig of mint, drizzle passion sauce around rim of tart.
BANANA SHEET CAKE WITH PASSION-FRUIT FROSTING
This banana-and-passion-fruit creation takes you to the tropics by way of Italy, where the vine-ripened fruit is used in sodas and all kinds of desserts. About a cup of mashed ripe banana adds moisture to the cake, while passion-fruit juice goes into the cream-cheese frosting for a fresh and naturally tart flavor.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 10 to 12
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 9-by-13-inch or 8-by-12-inch baking pan with butter. Line with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on long sides. Butter parchment.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine eggs and granulated sugar in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on high speed until thick and pale, about 4 minutes. Add flour mixture; beat just to combine. Add butter, bananas, cinnamon, and vanilla; beat to combine. Add sour cream; beat until smooth.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with a spatula. Bake until top springs back when lightly touched and a tester inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes (for 9-by-13-inch) or about 40 minutes (for 8-by-12).
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Using parchment overhangs, lift cake out of pan and let cool completely on rack. (Cake can be made to this point and stored at room temperature, wrapped in plastic, up to 1 day.)
- Frosting: Beat together cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar, and passion-fruit juice on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Spread over top of cake; drizzle with passion-fruit pulp. Frosted cake is best the day it's assembled, but can be refrigerated, wrapped in plastic, up to 1 day. Return to room temperature before serving.
More about "baked bananas and passion fruit recipes"
10 BEST BANANA PASSIONFRUIT RECIPES | YUMMLY
AZéLIA, BANANA AND PASSION FRUIT MOUSSE CAKE - IN LOVE …
BAKED BANANAS WITH PASSION FRUIT AND MINTY CREME FRAICHE
Reviews 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BAKED BANANAS WITH PASSION FRUIT | DRIZZLE AND DIP
TOASTED SOURDOUGH WITH NUTELLA® HAZELNUT SPREAD, BAKED …
BAKED BANANA - HEALTHY LITTLE FOODIES
HEALTHIER BANANA, PASSIONFRUIT & COCONUT LOAF | THE BRICK KITCHEN
BANANA OATMEAL WITH PASSION FRUIT - EVERYDAY DELICIOUS
PASSION FRUIT BANANA BREAD - LEISURE FAN CLUB
BAKED BANANAS RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
BANANA PASSIONFRUIT MUFFINS RECIPE - WHAT THE REDHEAD SAID
BAKED BANANA PASSION RECIPE - COOKITSIMPLY.COM
BAKED BANANAS WITH PASSION FRUIT RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
10 PASSION FRUIT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
20 FRESH PASSION FRUIT RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
BAKED BANANAS WITH PASSION FRUIT - TASTETICKLER
FOOD LUST PEOPLE LOVE: PASSIONFRUIT BANANA MUFFINS #MUFFINMONDAY
RECIPE: BANANA AND PASSION FRUIT SOUFFLé STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES ...
BEST PASSION FRUIT BAKED ALASKA RECIPE | SALT AND VANILLA
BANANA AND PASSION FRUIT CAKE RECIPE FROM LUCY'S BAKES BY LUCY
SMORES, BAKED BANANAS AND FRUIT KEBABS - TOM KERRIDGE
BANANA SOUFFLE WITH PASSIONFRUIT - DESSERT SOUFFLE RECIPE
BAKED BANANAS WITH PASSION FRUIT AND MINTY CREME FRAICHE RECIPE ...
EASY PASSIONFRUIT BANANA BREAD - THE SCRAN LINE
BANANA AND PASSION FRUIT LOAF CAKE RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
BANANA AND PASSION-FRUIT LOAF | HOMEMADE BREAD, FRUIT LOAF …
THE ULTIMATE BANANA CAKE WITH PASSIONFRUIT HONEY FROSTING
BAKED BANANAS | RECIPELION.COM
BANANA AND PASSIONFRUIT LOAF - CLAIRE K CREATIONS
EASY BUCKWHEAT BANANA MUFFINS (VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE & GRAIN-FREE …
BANANA COCONUT AND PASSIONFRUIT CAKE - SOMETHING SWEET …
EASY BANANA AND PASSIONFRUIT BREAD [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
BANANA CAKES WITH PASSIONFRUIT CREAM-CHEESE ICING
EASY BROWN BUTTER BAKED BANANAS FOSTER - THE FLAVOR BENDER
BAKED BANANAS WITH PASSION FRUIT AND MINTY CREME FRAICHE | BAKED …
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA CAKE WITH PASSION FRUIT FROSTING
BAKED CHICKEN AND BANANAS - NZ PASSIONFRUIT GROWERS ASSOCIATION
RECIPES - NZ PASSIONFRUIT GROWERS ASSOCIATION
BAKED FRUIT WITH PASSION FRUIT & WHITE CHOCOLATE (GINO)
You'll also love