BRIE WITH DRIED FRUIT
Pantry ingredients elevate a wheel of Brie into a company-ready appetizer, smothered in a rich orange-flavored caramel sauce, dried fruit and pecans.
Provided by By Bree Hester
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Place cheese on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese begins to soften.
- Meanwhile, in 8-inch sauté pan or skillet, heat syrup, brown sugar and liqueur to boiling. Cook until mixture becomes thick and syrupy.
- Place warm Brie on serving plate. Top with dried fruit and pecans. Pour syrup over top. Serve with baguette slices.
BAKED BRIE WITH BOOZY FRUIT
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast pecans on a baking sheet until darkened slightly, 10 to 12 minutes. Grind in a food processor.
- Increase heat to 400 degrees. Unfold pastry on a lightly floured work surface. Sprinkle pecans evenly over half of pastry; fold over other half and pinch edges to seal. Cut pastry in half crosswise; pinch cut edges to seal. Roll out one half to an 8-inch square.
- Brush 1 tablespoon Dijon on one side of Brie. Place in center of rolled-out pastry, mustard-side down. Brush remaining 1 tablespoon Dijon on top of Brie. Roll out remaining half of pastry to a 9-inch square. Center over Brie and gently press around it to remove any air pockets. Trim pastry, leaving a 1/2-inch border around Brie. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Gather dough scraps and reroll to 1/8 inch thick. Using cookie cutters or a paring knife, cut out leaf shapes and score cutouts to create veins. Transfer cutouts to sheet with Brie. Freeze until pastry is firm, about 20 minutes.
- Brush top and sides of pastry with egg. Adhere cutouts to top of pastry in a decorative pattern, and brush cutouts with egg. Bake 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking until pastry is puffed and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes more (if it's browning too quickly, loosely cover with foil). Serve hot, with Boozy Fruit, apple wedges, and baguette slices.
BAKED BRIE IN PUFF PASTRY WITH APRICOT OR RASPBERRY PRESERVES
This baked brie puff pastry is rich, creamy, and dessert-like. It always disappears. I'm always asked for the recipe. Raspberry preserves goes great in this as well. Bringing in 2012 I made this using Recipe #463563!
Provided by Rita1652
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Roll puff pastry out slightly.
- Place cheese wheel on top (leave rind on).
- Place preserves on top of cheese.
- Place almonds on top of preserves.
- Bundle Puff Pastry up and around the cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for five minutes.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
FRUIT AND CARAMEL BRIE
"I'm a stay-at-home mother with two boys and I enjoy cooking-especially appetizers," shares Tracy Schuhmacher from Penfield, New York. "It must run in the family because my mom served appetizers and desserts exclusively for several Christmas Eve celebrations. Brie is one of my favorite cheeses and this sweet-savory recipe is party-special but especially easy to throw together."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place Brie in a microwave-safe bowl. In a small bowl, combine the caramel topping, cranberries, apples and walnuts. Spread over Brie. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 60-90 seconds or until cheese is heated through and slightly melted. Serve with toasted baguette slices.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the brie on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper and drizzle with the honey. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it starts to ooze but not melt.
- Serve with crackers.
SO VERY BERRY BRIE
I needed to make something quick for a wine and cheese party, and had a bounty of berries on hand. My creation went great with all the wines and looked so much more impressive than the other plain cheeses! -Kristin Larson-Jantzi, Newton, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar and water until sugar is dissolved. Add berries. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; let stand for 10 minutes., Place bottom half of cheese in a small ungreased cast-iron or ovenproof skillet; pour 1/2 cup berry mixture over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and berry mixture. , Bake, uncovered, at 400° until cheese is softened, 8-10 minutes. Serve with chips.
BAKED BRIE WITH CARAMEL SAUCE AND FRUIT
This recipe was a suggestion from my Mother that she found but never tried. I altered it a little to fit my taste. I will publish the altered recipe. It was delicious and a perfect ending to a light dinner of fish and veggies. It left everyone full and satisfied, but not rolllling away from the table. You can make the caramel ahead and reheat right before serving.
Provided by crazy but capable
Yield 13 Cheese, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and flour. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes continuously stirring. Remove from heat. Once mixture is lukewarm, add milk and stir until smooth. (It will be lumpy at first- just keep stirring.) Add pecans - I used about a handful of halved pecans broken into fairly large pieces.
- Place brie into oven until melted- only 5 minutes or so- you will know if you touch the outside and it moves with the melted cheese inside.
- Take brie from oven and onto a serving platter. Warm caramel/pecan mixture if it has cooled, and pour over the top. Serve with sliced apples. Enjoy!
- **NOTE: If you choose a slice of brie instead of a round, you should not bake the brie. It would melt all over the place. Just take out to room temperature, pour warm caramel sauce over it-- that should soften it enough to still be delicious.
More about "baked brie with fruit recipes"
BAKED BRIE WITH FRUIT AND TOASTED WALNUTS |YOUR HOMEBASED MOM
2020-08-13 · Place brie on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees F. until the cheese gets nice and hot and melty. Remove brie from oven and top with fruit mixture. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts. If the brie cools off before your guests have finished it off, just pop it back in the oven …
SUMMER FRUIT BAKED BRIE RECIPE - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
2019-05-15 · Instructions. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the top off the brie, making a lid. Add the dried ingredients. Place the top back on. Place the brie on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper, and drizzle with the honey. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it starts to ooze, but not melt. Serve with crackers and fresh fruit.
- Place the brie on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper, and drizzle with the honey. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it starts to ooze, but not melt.
BAKED BRIE | RECIPETIN EATS
2019-10-25 · Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F (all oven types). Unwrap brie and place in a small, shallow ovenproof dish slightly larger than the brie OR a piece of crumbled baking / …
- Unwrap brie and place in a small, shallow ovenproof dish slightly larger than the brie OR a piece of crumbled baking / parchment paper. (Note 2)
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes (for 250g/80z), or until melted through. (For 500g/1lb, increase to 25 minutes). Alternatively, micrwoave on high for 2 minutes (no one will know!). To check, gently touch the centre of the brie - it should feel very soft, like it is about to collapse if you press any harder.
BERRY BAKED BRIE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
2018-11-27 · Score the top of the Brie cheese in a diamond pattern then place into a suitable baking dish. Cast iron skillets or ceramic baking dishes work well. Place the cheese in the oven and allow to bake …
- To make the berry compote, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Remove the rosemary and set aside.
- Score the top of the Brie cheese in a diamond pattern then place into a suitable baking dish. Cast iron skillets or ceramic baking dishes work well.
THE BEST EASY BAKED BRIE RECIPE 3 FLAVORFUL WAYS ...
2019-12-11 · Place the brie in a 6-8 ounce gratin baking dish or cast-iron pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. In a small bowl, mix the sun dried tomato with the pressed garlic clove and half of the basil and spoon on the hot brie…
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Use a sharp knife to cut along the top inside edge of the round of brie, then remove the top rind. If the top is shaggy or uneven, don't worry, it will smooth as it bakes. Place the brie in a 6-8 ounce gratin baking dish or cast-iron pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top the brie with fig jam, cranberries and the toasted pecans and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves. Serve hot with fruit and nut crackers, baguette or kettle chips.
BAKED BRIE WITH FRUIT | MIDWEST LIVING
2011-08-31 · Place skillet or pan on the grill rack. Grill directly over low coals. Cover and grill for 8 to 10 minutes or till brie is softened and warmed. Place the almonds, hazelnuts or pecans around the border. Step 3. Serve with fruit…
- Cut off a thin slice from the top of the Brie to remove the rind; discard. Place round of Brie in a 6-inch cast-iron skillet or disposable foil pan. Spread top of brie with orange marmalade, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Place skillet or pan on the grill rack. Grill directly over low coals. Cover and grill for 8 to 10 minutes or till brie is softened and warmed. Place the almonds, hazelnuts or pecans around the border.
BAKED PUFF PASTRY-WRAPPED BRIE WITH FRUIT JAM
2014-11-12 · Preheat oven to 400°F. 2. Remove puff pastry from packaging and place on baking sheet. 3. Place unwrapped Brie wheel in the middle of the puff pastry sheet. 4. Smear a generous amount of fruit compote on one side of the Brie (2 to 4 tablespoons). 5. Flip the Brie …
BAKED BRIE WITH DRIED FRUIT IN PUFF PASTRY RECIPE ...
directions Place Brie in the freezer for about thirty minutes to make it easier to handle. In a saucepan, bring wine and fruit to a boil and remove from heat. Cool. Cut Brie in half lengthwise, so you have a top half and a bottom half. Roughly chop fruit into 1/4 inch pieces and mix with toasted walnuts.
THE BEST BAKED BRIE RECIPES ON PLANET EARTH | HUFFPOST LIFE
2017-12-05 · Easy to make and good for a crowd, baked brie recipes are perfect for holiday parties, cold-weather snacking or just keeping your crackers company. Now is the perfect …
THE EASIEST (AND TASTIEST) EVER TOPPINGS FOR BAKED BRIE ...
2016-12-01 · Preheat oven to 400°. 2. Using a serrated knife, trim and discard the topmost rind. Place Brie on a lightly greased baking sheet or oven-safe serving dish, and bake 5 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is just melted.
See details »
10 BEST BRIE CHEESE WITH FRUIT RECIPES | YUMMLY
Baked Brie en Croute with Dried Cherry Compote Filling KitchenAid spiced rum, butter, balsamic vinegar, dried cherries, puff pastry sheet and 9 more Raspberry Baked Brie Smucker's frozen puff pastry, pear slices, water, crackers, sliced almonds and 3 more
See details »
WARM BRIE WITH HONEYED FRUIT COMPOTE RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
2016-12-13 · Preheat the oven to 400°F. Simmer the orange juice in a 2-quart saucepan set over medium-low heat until reduced, about 3 minutes. Add the cranberries and orange zest and cook until the mixture is …
- Simmer the orange juice in a 2-quart saucepan set over medium-low heat until reduced, about 3 minutes. Add the cranberries and orange zest and cook until the mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the Brie on a 12-inch round ovenproof serving platter or in a medium ovenproof skillet. Bake until the cheese is softened, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, top with the warm fruit mixture and the nuts, and drizzle honey on top. Serve immediately.
BAKED BRIE: THE PERFECT GAME DAY OR HOLIDAY PARTY APPETIZER!
2018-09-27 · Baked Brie is an easy recipe with fruit, nuts and jam all wrapped in flaky puff pastry and baked until it is hot and gooey. It tastes great served with your favorite crackers or bread. Make this simple yet satisfying appetizer recipe …
- On a pastry mat, lightly flour the surface. Unfold the puff pastry and place in the middle of the surface. Roll out the puff pastry until it's about 11 x 11 inches.
- Place the wheel of Brie in the center of the pastry, add the apple butter or jam, add the nuts (pistachios or other type) and dried fruit (cranberries or other type). Wrap the Brie completely in the puff pastry, press against the sides.
BAKED BRIE WITH FRUIT CHUTNEY - COOKEATSHARE - RECIPES
Baked Brie With Fruit, ingredients: 1 pkg. refrigerator crescent rolls, 1 (8 ounce) Brie Join CookEatShare — it's free! Get new recipes from top Professionals!
See details »
BAKED BRIE WITH RASPBERRIES AND GREEN CHILE – #1 RANKED ...
2021-04-22 · This baked brie is a quick and easy appetizer for a crowd Ingredients:1 wheel Brie cheese1 pint raspberries1 cup Uncle Nathan's Raspberry Fruit Spread1 cup Santa Fe Ole Hatch Green Chile1/2 cup honey1 sheet prepared puff pastry1 baguette, sliced thin, toasted Directions:Preheat oven to …
See details »
FIGS BAKED WITH BRIE AND WALNUTS | ZEST FOR COOKING
2021-08-26 · Cut the figs in half leaving the stems intact. Lightly coat the figs with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place the figs on the roasting tray cut side up. Place a piece of the brie cheese on each fig half. Toss the walnuts onto the tray. Bake the figs just until the cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the figs from the oven ...
See details »
BAKED BRIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
An easy recipe for baked brie. The gooey brie mixed with the crunchy phyllo and the tangy mango chutney makes the perfect appetizer or party pleaser! It wows company every time I make it. Red pepper jelly also works well instead of the mango chutney.
See details »
BAKED BRIE WITH FRUIT - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
2015-11-08 · Home > Recipes > Appetizers > Baked Brie with Fruit. Printer-friendly version. BAKED BRIE WITH FRUIT : 1 pkg. refrigerator crescent rolls 1 (8 oz.) Brie cheese 1 egg, beaten 1/2 c. chopped nuts. Heat oven 375 degrees. Two rectangles of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press 8x5, slam down the dough. Wrap the cheese ball in the dough. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 375, 12-15 ...
See details »
BEST BAKED BRIE WITH FRUIT RECIPE? - HOME COOKING - CHOWHOUND
2004-12-29 · Read the Best Baked Brie with fruit Recipe? discussion from the Chowhound Home Cooking food community. Join the discussion today.
See details »
HONEY BAKED BRIE WITH FIGS AND HAZELNUTS | THE LEMON APRON
2021-08-26 · Baked Brie 101. This appetizer coulass="wprm-recipe-summary"> A simple appetizer that can be a showstopper with very little effort. Honey, fresh figs, chopped rosemary and cracked pepper turn this simple wheel of brie into a gooey treat for a lovely evening with friends and family.
See details »