Cooking fish for 10 minutes per inch of thickness is an old rule of thumb that works perfectly when roasting fillets or steaks. It's just enough time to cook the flesh through so that it's opaque, but not so much that it flakes. The only hitch comes with fillets that are uneven. Use your judgment but err on the side of less is more. You can always put any undercooked parts back in the oven, but you can't undo overdone. Serve these as is in their purist form, or add your favorite sauce on the side. A pesto, aioli or vinaigrette would work well.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories easy, quick, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Measure fish fillets at the thickest part. Drizzle fish with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on a rimmed baking sheet, skin side down if you've left the skin on.
- Roast fish for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, until the fish is opaque and tender when pierced with a fork but before it starts to flake. Serve with lemon wedges, drizzled with more good olive oil.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 126, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 0 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 23 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 274 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
BETH'S BAKED FISH
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir melted butter, seasoned salt, dill weed, and garlic powder together in a small bowl. Pour into a large baking dish. Add cod fillets and turn to coat both sides.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cod flakes easily with a fork, 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301.2 calories, Carbohydrate 0.7 g, Cholesterol 113.7 mg, Fat 24.1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 21.4 g, SaturatedFat 14.6 g, Sodium 301.6 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
BAKED FISH WITH CHEESE SAUCE
There's plenty of time to whip up this flaky fish and decadent cheese sauce. Turn a ho-hum weeknight into a special occasion.-Kristin Reynolds, Van Buren, Arkansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place fish in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and mustard until cheese is melted. Serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206 calories, Fat 9g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 279mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
3 INGREDIENT BBQ BAKED SALMON RECIPE
This 3 Ingredient BBQ Salmon is one of our FAVORITES! The best part is that it takes 3 minutes to put together and about 20 minutes to cook.
Provided by Kristen Hills
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Place the salmon skin side down in the middle of a foil or parchment paper lined pan.
- Pat salmon filets dry.
- Sprinkle your salmon with salt and pepper.
- Pour ½ cup bbq sauce covering the whole salmon and spread around with a spoon.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes (or until salmon is cooked through).
- Use remaining bbq sauce on the side when serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297 kcal, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 30 g, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Cholesterol 83 mg, Sodium 556 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 16 g, ServingSize 1 serving
BAKED FISH WITH BARBECUE SAUCE
Found this recipe in an old 1985 Southern Living magazine. Although I've never tried the recipe, it reminded me of a dish my Louisiana cousins used to make when we visited in the summertime as kids.
Provided by DallasDiva22
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Saute onion and green pepper in oil in a heavy saucepan till tender. Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 min., stirring occasionally.
- Place fish fillets in a greased 12 x 7 x 2 in baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce on top and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 10-15 min., or till fish flakes easily with a fork.
BARBECUE BAKED FISH
We eat fish (usually fried or grilled) once a week. I don't remember where I found this recipe...I think maybe Southern living, but I adjusted it just a bit. We all liked it for a change of pace from the usual.
Provided by Freda2 Brown
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse fillets and arrange in a lightly-greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the melted margarine.
- Mix well and stir occasionally for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour mixture over fish fillets.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until fish flakes easily.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334.8, Fat 20.9, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 87.5, Sodium 623.9, Carbohydrate 10.9, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 8.2, Protein 24.7
BAKED CATFISH IN SPICY BBQ SAUCE
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Place fish in an oval casserole dish. Melt butter in small saucepan. Add remaining ingredients and simmer about three minutes. Spoon sauce over fish and cook fish in 375 degree oven for about 10 to 12 minutes (or until done). Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
THE BEST BARBECUE BAKED BEANS
It's not a real barbecue until a dish of baked beans shows up! While there are many different versions and many different techniques, I'm here to tell you that these are the best. These are the tastiest, most satisfying, the easiest, and the meatiest. They not only make a great side dish, but if the budget's a little tight, these will absolutely work as a main course. Sprinkle the top with sliced green onion if you like.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Baked Beans
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Add dry beans to a bowl, cover with water, and let soak for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Drain beans and transfer to a large pot filled with 3 quarts of cold, fresh water. Add bay leaf, pork shoulder, and onion. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir. Skim off foam if desired. Let simmer until beans are just tender, about 1 hour.
- While beans simmer, combine barbecue sauce, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, mustard, Worcestershire, smoked paprika, cayenne, black pepper, kosher salt, and garlic powder in a bowl with a whisk. Set aside until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Transfer tender bean mixture to a deep, 15x10-inch baking dish using a spider strainer. Pour in barbecue sauce mixture and 2 ½ cups of the bean cooking liquid. Place bacon slices on top.
- Bake uncovered in the center of the preheated oven until the liquids have reduced into a thick sauce, 2 to 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.2 calories, Carbohydrate 42.9 g, Cholesterol 9.5 mg, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 10 g, Protein 11.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 995.3 mg
More about "baked fish with barbecue sauce recipes"
53 THINGS YOU CAN MAKE WITH BBQ SAUCE | TASTE OF HOME
HOW TO COOK BARBECUED FISH | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
HOW TO MAKE BAKED FISH IN MINUTES | BETTER HOMES
BAKED FISH WITH CREAMY LEMON SAUCE - AMIRA'S PANTRY
SOY SAUCE AND BROWN SUGAR FISH MARINADE RECIPE
BEST EVER HOMEMADE BBQ BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE
EASY BAKED FISH WITH GARLIC AND BASIL - THE MEDITERRANEAN …
10 BEST SAUCE BAKED FISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED FISH WITH LEMON CREAM SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
STICKY OVEN BARBECUE RIBS - CAFE DELITES
BBQ FISH RECIPE - HOW TO BARBECUE FISH SLOW AND LOW
BAKED FISH WITH BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - IFOOD.TV
Chopped green pepper 3 TablespoonTomato sauce 8 Ounce (1 Can)Chopped onion 3 TablespoonCalories 204 per serving
OVEN BAKED BBQ SALMON (TWO INGREDIENTS!) - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
THAI BAKED WHOLE FISH IN GARLIC-CHILE SAUCE RECIPE
SIMPLE 3 INGREDIENT OVEN BAKED BBQ RIBLETS - ALL WE EAT
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED COD - THE ROASTED ROOT
LIST OF BEST BAKED CHICKEN WITH BBQ SAUCE EVER
20+ SAUCES FOR FISH | ALLRECIPES
BARBECUE SAUCE BAKED CATFISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED FISH RECIPE WITH GARLIC CHEESE BREADCRUMBS FROM RACHAEL …
THE BEST BAKED BEANS RECIPE | MODERNMEALMAKEOVER.COM
BAKED FISH WITH WHITE SAUCE RECIPE - NDTV FOOD
BAKED FISH DINNER - CARNATION MILK
SIMPLE SEAFOOD LOVER'S SUPPER: BAKED FISH WITH BAY AND …
BAKED FISH AND CHIPS - EVERY LITTLE CRUMB EVERY LITTLE CRUMB
10 BEST BAKED FISH FILLETS IN SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
WHOLE BAKED FISH – SNAPPER WITH GARLIC & DILL BUTTER SAUCE
BAKED FISH BARBEQUE SAUCE RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
SAUCE FOR BAKED FISH - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BAKED FISH WITH YOGURT SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE BARBECUE FISH WITH OVEN - LEGIT.NG
OVEN BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH BARBECUE SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOOK PEOPLE ON FISH WITH TWO EASY RECIPES FOR BAKED FILLETS
BAKED BBQ CHICKEN THIGHS - THE DINNER BITE
BARBECUE FISH RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BAKED FISH AND CHIPS RECIPE (FOR TWO) - HOMEMADE IN THE KITCHEN
BARBECUE PULLED PORK RECIPE WITH ASIAN APPLE SLAW RECIPE
BAKED FISH WITH SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the best fish recipes for the barbecue?Throw the catch of the day on the barbecue with our fantastic fish recipes. Try meaty steaks, seafood skewers, spicy prawns and stuffed whole fish. A star rating of 4.8 out of 5. Serve sardines with a delicious lemon, chilli and herb chermoula sauce for the ultimate taste of summer. Perfect for a lazy afternoon barbecue
How long to cook fish in the oven?Instructions 1 Preheat oven to 200C / 390F (all ovens). 2 Place fish in a baking dish - ensure the fish isn't crammed in too snugly. 3 Place butter, cream, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a microwave proof jug or bowl. 4 Sprinkle fish with shallots, then pour over sauce. 5 Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until fish is just cooked...
Can you cook salmon in the oven with BBQ sauce?This Oven BBQ Salmon is baked in the oven to flaky, tender perfection with a thick, caramelized BBQ glaze on top with only TWO ingredients – salmon and barbecue sauce (plus a little oil, salt, and pepper). You’re going to love this easy 15 minute recipe, and since you use the broiler it’s even faster than regular baking!
How do you make fish and chips sauce?The key to the tasty sauce is the fish juices that leeches out while baking and is essentially the broth for the sauce! Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F (all oven types). Place fish in a baking dish - ensure the fish isn't crammed in too snugly. See video or photos in post. Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper.