BAKED HAM WITH GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place ham in a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Whisk brown sugar, ginger ale, mustard, and cinnamon together in a bowl; brush over ham. Continue baking ham until the meat pulls away easily from the bone, about 45 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343.2 calories, Carbohydrate 12.4 g, Cholesterol 74.1 mg, Fat 20.4 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 26.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 1422.2 mg, Sugar 12.1 g
My family loves ham like this. Sweetly seasoned ham roasted with moist heat is a delicious way to celebrate special occasions. If using a pre-cooked ham, follow the directions on the package for baking times.
Provided by Auntie KK
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place ham in a roasting pan, and press whole cloves into the top at 1 to 2 inch intervals. Pack the top with a layer of brown sugar. Pour enough water into the bottom of the roasting pan to come to a 1 inch depth. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil or a lid.
- Bake for 4 1/2 to 5 hours in the preheated oven (about 22 minutes per pound), or until the internal temperature of the ham has reached 160 degrees F (72 degrees C). Make sure the meat thermometer is not touching the bone. Let stand for about 20 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 635 calories, Carbohydrate 13.5 g, Cholesterol 148.1 mg, Fat 40.2 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 51.7 g, SaturatedFat 14.3 g, Sodium 2847.6 mg, Sugar 11.9 g
SUPER EASY BAKED HAM
So one day, I was just too weary to try to do anything special with the ham I picked out for dinner. So I stabbed it with a meat thermometer, and let it bake until done. It was so surprisingly delicious that it's the only way I bake hams now. :) This recipe is written for beginners or for people who have never even thought of baking a ham but found a great sale and now need to know what to do with their hunk of ham. :) Servings are a guess based on the 11 pound ham I served last night.
Provided by CraftScout
Yield 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Preheat oven to 350F and make sure the racks are all the way on the bottom so there is plenty of room for the ham.
- Bring ham in packaging to sink and have a pan big enough to hold it nearby. I find a 9"x13" baking pan works great. Make sure your pan is at least an inch deep.
- Take ham out of wrapper and rinse it with cool water if you think it feels icky. Then find the plastic doohickey on the large cut end and remove it. At this point you can trim off some of the fat if you would like. I usually don't, as most of it renders out into the pan or is very easy to cut around.
- Place ham in pan with large cut side down.
- Stab with the business end of a probe style thermometer. This is the kind which has a long metal skewer on one end (the business end), a long cable, and a box which has all the controls and readouts. Make sure the probe goes through a large area of meat, not fat, and doesn't hit one of the bones down the center of the ham. Set your thermometer to alert you when the ham reaches 140°F.
- When your oven has reached 350F, put the ham in (be careful, it's heavy).
- Wait until the thermometer alerts you. Then remove the ham from the oven (remember, it's heavy and now it's really hot, too). Remove the probe, and either start slicing or put on a pretty platter and let your family/guests ooh and ahh. :).
- NOTE: The skin gets very black and crispy. Do not panic, the meat is juicy, I promise. Simply cut the skin off where it is really crispy and get to the meat underneath.
- ALSO: If you do not have a probe style meat thermometer, or need an idea of timing for preparing the rest of your meal, an already cooked (city) ham will reheat to 140F in approximately 15 minutes per pound. So a 12 pound ham will take 3 hours. Ish.
- And FINALLY: I like to carve off the leftovers and separate into 1 pound amounts. I then put these into labeled quart sized freezer bags and freeze for casseroles, pasta, or beans another night. The bone can be put into a labeled gallon sized freezer bag, and then thawed for yummy beans another night.
BAKED HAM WITH BROWN SUGAR MUSTARD GLAZE
Make your next holiday centerpiece this top-rated Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Mustard Glaze recipe from Food Network.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 12 servings with leftovers
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Score top of ham into diamonds and stud center of each diamond with a clove. Place ham on a rack in a roasting pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours. In a bowl combine the sugar, mustard and vinegar and spread glaze evenly over ham. Bake for another 35 minutes Transfer ham to a platter and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cloves, sugar and mustard and brush over Ham Steak. Bake in baking dish in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes until heated through.
AWESOME BAKED HAM
I love this recipe because it is so easy and it calls for hardly any ingredients, and I always have these ingredients in my pantry. This recipe came from a good friend's mother, who was always asked to bake the ham for get-togethers and family dinners. Now I get those requests. People who ordinarily aren't too fond of ham rave over this one. After I carve, I spoon a little of the glaze over the meat in the platter - yummmm!
Provided by Boopster
Yield 20-25 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix yellow mustard and brown sugar until you have a thick"paste".
- Take all wrappers off of ham and trim away excess fat.
- Line baking pan (I spray with Pam in case some of the brown sugar mixture escapes, clean up is easier) with Aluminum foil.
- Place ham on foil and spread brown sugar/mustard paste on top.
- Fold and seal foil.
- Do not open again until ham is done.
- Bake at 350° for 4 hours.
- Let set for about 1 hr then carve.
- One of the best tasting hams you will ever have!
- Ham labeled "Cook Before Eating"
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place the ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. For a whole 10- to 15-pound ham, allow 18 to 20 minutes per pound; for a half--5 to 7 pounds--about 20 minutes per pound; or for a shank or butt portion weighing 3 to 4 pounds, about 35 minutes to the pound. In all cases, cook uncovered until the internal temperature reaches 160°F. For an attractive, quick finish, remove the ham from the oven about 30 minutes before it is done and glaze as directed below.
- II. Ham labeled "Fully Cooked" or "Ready to Eat"
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. To heat the ham, place it on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, and bake uncovered. For a whole ham, allow 15 to 18 minutes to the pound; for a half, 18 to 24 minutes per pound. The ham will be ready when the internal temperature reaches 140°F. To glaze the ham, remove it from the oven about 30 minutes before it is done, and increase the oven heat to 425°F. Remove all the rind but a collar around the shank bone. Slash the fat in the top of the ham in a diamond pattern, and cover the surface with brown sugar, dry mustard moistened with cider vinegar, prune juice, wine or ham drippings.
- Stud the fat at the intersections of the diamonds with whole cloves. Or decorate with alternating half pineapple rings studded with cranberries and stars cut from preserved orange peel.
- Return the ham to the oven, reduce the oven heat to 325°F again, and cook about 30 minutes. Place on a platter. Garnish with: Slices of jellied cranberry sauce topped with thin orange or pineapple slices.
BAKED HAM WITH BROWN SUGAR & MUSTARD GLAZE
- Place the raw ham in a large, clean bucket. Add enough water to cover and soak overnight, or up to 24 hrs ahead, changing the water twice.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Drain and place the ham in a large roasting tin, cover tightly with foil and bake for 3 hrs.
- Remove the ham from the oven and turn the heat up to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the rind off the ham, leaving about 1-2 cm of fat; cut a diamond-shaped pattern into this. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and mustard, then rub all over the ham. Roast for 30 mins until the ham is tender and the outside nice and sticky.
- Bring to the table on a large platter lined with bay leaves. To serve, cut 1cm-thick slices off the ham to go alongside the rye bread, pickles and mustard sauce (Make your own sauce with our recipe below).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Protein 35 grams protein, Sodium 4.02 milligram of sodium
BAKED HAM WITH PINEAPPLE
I first learned the technique for cooking pineapple ham for a themed dinner my husband and I hosted. Since it was widely known as the symbol of hospitality, pineapple was the star ingredient on our menu and on this lovely baked ham. -JoAnn Fox, Johnson City, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place ham in roasting pan. Score the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes; insert cloves into diamonds. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Combine brown sugar and reserved pineapple juice; pour over ham. Arrange pineapple slices and cherries on ham. Bake, uncovered, 30-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140° and the ham is heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 48mg cholesterol, Sodium 924mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 17g protein.
BAKED EASTER HAM
This mouthwatering Easter ham is perfect for a large family gathering or for those wanting plenty of leftovers after an intimate Easter celebration. Martha made this recipe on Cooking School episode 310.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Wrap ham completely with parchment-lined foil and place on a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Transfer ham to oven and bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Unwrap ham; discard parchment and foil. With a large, sharp knife score fat in a diamond pattern, making the lines about 3/4 inch apart. Transfer ham to a large roasting pan.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and Cognac. Brush ham evenly with 3/4 of the brown sugar mixture and return to oven; cook ham 1 hour. Brush ham with remaining brown sugar mixture and continue cooking 30 minutes more. Transfer to a serving platter until ready to carve; garnish with watercress and parsley.
GLAZED BAKED HAM
- Heat oven to 325°F. Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer in ham so tip is in center of thickest part of meat and does not touch bone or rest ¡n fat. Bake uncovered 1 hour 30 minutes or until thermometer reads at least 140°F.
- Meanwhile, in 1 -quart saucepan, mix brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in pineapple, lemon juice and mustard. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Brush glaze over ham during last 45 minutes of baking.
- Remove ham from oven. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 10 to 15 minutes for easier carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290, Carbohydrate 28 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1660 mg, Sugar 27 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "baked ham recipes"
HOW TO MAKE A BEAUTIFUL OLD-FASHIONED BAKED HAM - TIPHERO
EASY HONEY BAKED HAM RECIPE - MY HOME CHEF RECIPES
HOW TO BAKE HAM - BONE-IN AND BONELESS INSTRUCTIONS
BAKED HAM RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
BAKED HAM RECIPES - NYT COOKING
BAKED HAM WITH THE BEST GLAZE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
7 UP BAKED HAM RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GLAZED BAKED HAM RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
10 BEST BONE IN BAKED HAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOP 13 BEST BAKED HAM RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
BROWN SUGAR MUSTARD GLAZED HAM RECIPE - CAFE DELITES
HONEY BAKED HAM - CAFE DELITES
9 SECRETS FOR THE BEST BAKED HAM EVER | TASTE OF HOME
BAKED HAM AND CHEESE SQUARES - THE COUNTRY COOK
BAKED HAM WITH BROWN SUGAR GLAZE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
EASY HAM RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
BONE-IN BAKED HAM RECIPE- DON'T MAKE HAM UNTIL YOU READ...
CLASSIC BAKED HAM RECIPE | HOW TO BAKE A HAM - THE MOM 100
HOW TO BAKE A HAM SO IT’S JUICY AND TENDER - FINECOOKING
NOT YOUR GRANDMA'S HAM: THE ULTIMATE BAKED HAM GUIDE
COPYCAT HONEY BAKED HAM RECIPE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
SIMPLE BAKED HAM RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BROWN SUGAR BAKED HAM WITH PINEAPPLE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
BAKED HAM RECIPES | MYRECIPES
HONEY BAKED HAM
10 BEST BAKE BONELESS HAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
SIMPLE BAKED HAM WITH BROWN SUGAR GLAZE - ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
MAPLE BAKED HAM | RICARDO
COOKING HAM SHANK IN OVEN - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT ROAST HAM | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
BOILED AND BAKED HAM RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BAKED HAM RECIPE - BBC FOOD
HONEY BAKED HAM (COPYCAT RECIPE) | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
BAKED HAM DINNER MENU - A PRETTY LIFE IN THE SUBURBS
BAKED PICNIC HAM RECIPE - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
32 DELICIOUS LEFTOVER HAM RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
GLAZED HAM RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
12 BEST HONEY BAKED HAM RECIPES FOR EASTER DINNER AND BEYOND
#course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #5-ingredients-or-less #main-dish #easy #holiday-event #dietary #christmas #low-calorie #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #number-of-servings
You'll also love