I love to cook and especially enjoy trying new recipes. I took a cooking class and discovered this delightful salad. It's nice for a spring luncheon with the fresh taste of the asparagus, parsley and chives drizzled with a zesty dressing. -Marcy Fechtig, Burnt Prairie, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Add the radishes, green pepper, relish, parsley and chives. , In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry., Transfer asparagus to a glass dish; pour dressing over top. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours. , To serve, arrange lettuce on a serving platter. With a slotted spoon, remove asparagus; arrange over lettuce. Garnish with eggs and tomatoes. Drizzle with some of the dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419 calories, Fat 43g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 80mg cholesterol, Sodium 274mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
- Steam asparagus spears until tender; drain and place on serving platter.
- In small jar with tight-fitting lid, shake together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, pepper and salt.
- When ready to serve (can be served warm or at room temperature), pour vinaigrette evenly over asparagus, sprinkle with bread crumbs and garnish with cherry tomato halves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100.1, Fat 5.6, SaturatedFat 0.8, Sodium 128, Carbohydrate 10.7, Fiber 3, Sugar 3.2, Protein 3.6
Asparagus is at its flavorful best for only a short time, usually between March and May, when you'll want to avail yourself of its abundance. There are, of course, a number of ways to prepare and serve asparagus, but this method, in which it is paired with a savory vinaigrette, is one of Martha's seasonal favorites.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous amount of salt, and the asparagus. Return to a boil, and cook until asparagus are bright green and tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to ice bath to cool. Drain well, pat dry, and transfer to a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and sugar. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Whisk in oil. Add lemon zest and tarragon; whisk to combine. Taste, and adjust for seasoning. Drizzle over asparagus. Serve immediately, or let stand at room temperature for up to 30 minutes before serving.
COLD ASPARAGUS WITH VINAIGRETTE
- Immediately before serving, toss the rinsed, drained, and dried asparagus with 1 tablespoon excellent wine vinegar and 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.;
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl toss the asparagus in the olive oil, and liberally season with salt and pepper. Spread the stalks out on a baking sheet, in a single layer, and roast until tender but still firm and moist, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, vigorously whisk together the mustard and lemon juice. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking quickly to emulsify the olive oil into the juice mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter, toss with the vinaigrette and serve. The dish may be eaten warm or cold.
ASPARAGUS WITH TOMATO VINAIGRETTE
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Refresh under cold running water and drain thoroughly. Arrange asparagus on large platter. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Whisk oil and vinegar to blend in small bowl. Add tomato, bell pepper, green onion and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- Spoon half of vinaigrette over asparagus. Garnish with egg. Pass remaining dressing separately.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Place asparagus in a shallow 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with oil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Drizzle with vinegar just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75 calories, Carbohydrate 7.1 g, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 31.7 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
COLD ASPARAGUS VINAIGRETTE
- Blanch the asparagus and drain it on paper towels.
- Arrange the spears in a shallow serving dish and sprinkle with the minced shallot.
- Place the garlic and salt in a small bowl, and mash them together with the back of a spoon until the mixture forms a paste.
- Stir in the mustard and lemon juice.
- Whisk in the oil, vinegar, and pepper.
- Spoon this dressing over the asparagus.
- Garnish the asparagus with alternating bands of chopped egg white, parsley, and egg yolk.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435.1, Fat 42.4, SaturatedFat 6.2, Cholesterol 53, Sodium 57.9, Carbohydrate 11.3, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 3.3, Protein 7.3
ASPARAGUS WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
Here is an easy, springtime recipe that takes no time at all and puts the light flavors of the season right onto your table. Cooking time is key: both the asparagus and the eggs must be watched carefully. Arrange everything on a plate beautifully, and throw open the windows to spring.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories quick, side dish
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Snap off and discard the tough bottoms of each asparagus spear. If using large thick asparagus, peel the lower ends with a vegetable peeler. Medium asparagus will not need peeling.
- Bring a medium saucepan half filled with water to a boil, carefully add the eggs and simmer briskly for 9 minutes (10 minutes for a slightly firmer yolk). Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool. Shell the eggs and set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, place the shallots, vinegar and a pinch of salt. Let shallots soften for 5 minutes. Stir in the mustard to dissolve, then whisk in the olive oil to make a thick dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large stainless-steel soup pot bring 4 quarts of well-salted water to a rolling boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until just done. Remove asparagus with a large strainer and spread out on a baking sheet lined with a clean kitchen towel. Asparagus may be served warm or at room temperature.
- To serve, place asparagus on a platter or individual plates. Spoon the vinaigrette over the asparagus. Garnish with quartered eggs (or roughly chop the eggs if you prefer). Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 160, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 403 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
ASPARAGUS 'N' VINAIGRETTE
"Living in the Midwest, we anticipate spring treats like fresh asparagus all winter long," affirms Mickey Kelly, Burnsville, Minnesota. "Our three small children can't help but snitch a taste when this dish is chilling in the fridge. I use the vinaigrette dressing on salads, sliced tomatoes and other steamed vegetables as well."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover; steam for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Immediately rinse in cold water. Place asparagus and green onions in a bowl., Whisk together the oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 74 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 206mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
WARM ASPARAGUS VINAIGRETTE
- Wash asparagus and break off stems at the point where they yield easily. Steam 5 to 7 minutes, depending on thickness of stems.
- Stir oil and vinegar in serving dish. Drain asparagus and stir well into dressing.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 59, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 3 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 4 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
Here's a cool change of pace from your ordinary asparagus. Enjoy chilled asparagus in a flavorful vinaigrette dressing.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place asparagus in 8-inch square (2-quart) microwavable dish; add 1/4 cup water. Cover; microwave on High 6 to 9 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In tightly covered container, shake oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper, mustard and garlic until well blended. Pour vinaigrette over hot asparagus, turning asparagus until well coated. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until chilled.
- Just before serving, remove asparagus from vinaigrette; reserve vinaigrette. Arrange asparagus, romaine and tomato in separate sections on serving platter. Drizzle vinaigrette over vegetables. Garnish with radish roses.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260, Carbohydrate 4 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 5, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 150 mg
ASPARAGUS WITH MUSTARDY VINAIGRETTE
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus; blanch until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to ice bath; let cool, then drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Use 1-inch cookie or aspic cutters to shape carrot strips, then add to pot and blanch until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to ice bath and let cool; drain on plate.
- Whisk together vinegar and mustards; season with salt and pepper. Whisking continuously, add oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Transfer asparagus to platter. Garnish with carrot cutouts. Serve, with vinaigrette on side.
ZESTY MARINATED ASPARAGUS
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch asparagus just until tender, about 1 minute. Plunge into a bowl of cold water to cool. Drain asparagus and place in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in vinaigrette and seal bag. Refrigerate at least 3 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Just before serving, drain asparagus, reserving vinaigrette. Arrange on a serving platter and sprinkle with lemon zest, parsley, salt, and pepper. Serve reserved vinaigrette in a small dish on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.4 calories, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fat 27.5 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 1782.6 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- Trim asparagus and have ready a large bowl of ice and cold water. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook asparagus until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes, and with tongs transfer to ice water to stop cooking. Drain asparagus well in a colander and pat dry.
- Gently toss asparagus with vinaigrette and salt and pepper to taste.
More about "asparagus vinaigrette recipes"
ASPARAGUS VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - KAY CHUN | FOOD & WINE
Servings 1Total Time 15 mins
ASPARAGUS VINAIGRETTE #RECIPE BY MAYA CORRIGAN
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH EASY DIJON VINAIGRETTE - IFOODREAL.COM
ASPARAGUS VINAIGRETTE - PARADE: ENTERTAINMENT, RECIPES, HEALTH, …
DELICIOUS ASPARAGUS RECIPE: USE A MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - SNACK GIRL
ASPARAGUS VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
ASPARAGUS WITH HONEY VINAIGRETTE - P. ALLEN SMITH
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH OLIVE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - REAL SIMPLE
ASPARAGUS AND LEEKS IN LEMON VINAIGRETTE - LIDIA
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON-SHALLOT VINAIGRETTE - COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
VIC'S ASPARAGUS VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | PBS FOOD
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH BALSAMIC HONEY-DIJON VINAIGRETTE - SIMPLY …
ASPARAGUS VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
STEAMED ASPARAGUS WITH SHALLOT VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - FOOD AND WINE
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE - THE RECIPE CRITIC
ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE W/ DIJON VINAIGRETTE DRESSING - COOKIN …
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH CAPER VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ASPARAGUS WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE | UNL FOOD
ASPARAGUS WITH WARM VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ASPARAGUS VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
ASPARAGUS VINAIGRETTE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
WHITE ASPARAGUS WITH EGG VINAIGRETTE - LOW-CARB RECIPE - DIET …
STEAMED ASPARAGUS WITH SHALLOT VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - THE MOM 100
ASPARAGUS, TOMATO AND FETA SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
SHAVED ASPARAGUS WITH PARMESAN VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
CHILLED ASPARAGUS WITH FETA VINAIGRETTE - RECIPE GIRL
CATALAN ASPARAGUS VINAGRETTE (ESPàRRECS AMB VINAGRETA) - SAVEUR
ASPARAGUS WITH SHALLOT VINAIGRETTE - WILLIAMS SONOMA
VIC'S ASPARAGUS VINAIGRETTE | KITCHEN VIGNETTES FOR PBS - PBS FOOD
ASPARAGUS & CARROTS WITH ASIAN VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CHILLED ASPARAGUS WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE - RECIPE RUNNER
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #side-dishes #vegetables #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #asparagus
You'll also love