ROASTED TURKEY LEGS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rinse the turkey legs and pat dry.
- Stand the turkey legs upright (as if the turkey were standing). Press a knife downward into the deep tissue, creating 2 or 3 long pockets. Press a piece of celery into each opening. Pull back the skin on the legs, rub with butter, and season with a little salt. Put the skin back into place, rub with more butter, and season lightly with salt. Lay the legs in a roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the legs are golden brown and the internal temperature is 180 degrees F (82 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer. Add more water if needed while roasting, and baste occasionally with the juices or butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 643.1 calories, Carbohydrate 1.2 g, Cholesterol 239.4 mg, Fat 36.9 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 73.1 g, SaturatedFat 18.9 g, Sodium 399.4 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
ROASTED TURKEY LEGS
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Fit a rimmed roasting pan with a roasting rack and spray the rack with avocado oil spray.
- Pat the turkey legs dry with paper towels. Brush them all over with melted butter and rub with the seasoning mix. Place on the roasting rack and lightly spray with avocado oil.
- Roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until the skin is browned.
- Loosely cover with foil, to avoid scorching the top, and continue roasting until the juices run clear when pierced with a fork and an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F (make sure it isn't touching the bone), about 30 more minutes.
- Remove the turkey legs from the oven and allow them to rest, still covered in foil, for 10 minutes before serving. Do not skip this step - it allows the internal temperature to climb a bit more, and the juices to redistribute and settle.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 turkey drumstick, Calories 432 kcal, Protein 56 g, Fat 21 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 555 mg
EASY ROASTED TURKEY LEGS
These Easy Roasted Turkey Legs are the perfect alternative to roasting an entire turkey! Made with only 3 simple ingredients, this recipe is no fuss, no muss and there's no tricky carving required!
Provided by Joanna Cismaru
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Pat dry the turkey legs with paper towels.
- Prep Turkey: Whisk the melted butter with the salt, garlic powder and pepper. Generously brush the butter mixture all around the turkey legs.
- Transfer To Oven: Transfer the turkey legs to a greased baking pan, skin side down and transfer to the preheated oven.
- Roast: Roast the turkey for 30 minutes, flip the legs so that the skin side is up and roast for another 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the internal temperature of the thighs reaches 170°F.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 477 kcal, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 55 g, Fat 27 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Cholesterol 221 mg, Sodium 404 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g
OVEN ROASTED TURKEY LEGS
- Place the salt and sugar into a large resealable bag. Pour in enough water to cover the turkey legs, and squeeze the bag to dissolve salt and sugar. Immerse the turkey legs in the brine, and seal the bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to brine.
- In a saucepan, stir together the white wine, pomegranate molasses, brown sugar, regular molasses, vinegar, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half. Season with 1 tablespoon of sage and 1 tablespoon of thyme. Taste and adjust sugar, salt and pepper if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Remove the turkey legs from the brine and pat dry with paper towels. Discard the brine. Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Cast iron will work well. Fry the turkey, turning frequently, until browned on all sides. Place the pan with the turkey into the oven.
- Roast uncovered for 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove and turn legs over. Season with some of the remaining thyme and sage, and spoon some of the sauce onto the legs to coat. Return to the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Repeat the seasoning and baste with the sauce again, and return to the oven. Roast for 15 more minutes, then test for doneness. The internal temperature should be 180 degrees F (82 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer. Serve turkey with remaining sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 996.4 calories, Carbohydrate 125.5 g, Cholesterol 303.6 mg, Fat 13.2 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 71.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 12363.1 mg, Sugar 113.7 g
EASY ROASTED TURKEY LEGS
Never fight over the last drumstick again! Additional legs are an absolute Thanksgiving necessity, and also used in place of a whole turkey.
Provided by Chef Pisces
Yield 1 1, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl pour in all of the Turkey Broth/Stock (Could also be Chicken Stock) and marinate the uncooked Turkey Legs overnight, or at least 3 hours, in the refrigerator.
- After 3-8 hours in the refrigerator, take a large roasting pan with a wire rack, remove the refrigerated legs from the bowl of broth---use tongs and place directly on the roasting rack/pan. Sprinkle generous amount of salt, black pepper, and onion powder on each leg. Spread foil across the top of the roasting pan to keep the legs covered while roasting in a pre-heated 350F oven.
- Meanwhile, melt a stick of butter in a saucepan---until it's liquified.
- 8 legs usually take about 1hour and 45 minutes to fully cook. The legs need to be turned/flipped with tongs, basted (brushed with the melted butter) and then re-seasoned with just the onion powder and black pepper--- every 20 minutes during roasting.
- Turkey legs are usually done after insterting a meat thermometer that registers 175F in the thickest part of the leg, however, they do keep cooking even after they're removed from the oven.
- The cooked turkey pan juices and drippings are usually used to flavor gravy and stuffing.
POT ROASTED TURKEY LEGS OR WINGS
Local grocers often put turkey legs/wings on special, very inexpensive, I buy lots and roast and freeze. Delicious turkey pot roasted dinner!! from The High Fiber Cookbook for diabetics, by Mabel Cavaiani, R.D.
Provided by Derf2440
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 turkey legs or wings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Ingredient amounts are any amount you wish to use.
- This is a method more than a recipe since the amounts you use will depend upon how many you are serving and whether you want to have turkey to freeze for future casseroles/salads.
- Generally speaking, roast 6 legs/wings at a time, usually enough for supper and lots left for freezing Ask your butcher to cut the turkey legs crosswise for you, dividing each one of them into three pieces, a bony part at the bottom which is saved for broth making and two equal portions from the fleshy part of the leg.
- Place the fleshy parts of the legs in an uncovered roaster, and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the legs with sage, salt and pepper, add water to roaster, cover and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove the roaster from the oven, add the potatoes, onions and carrots, sprinkle them with salt and pepper, cover roaster and roast for another hour or until veggies are tender.
- (Those troublesome tendons in the turkey legs which cause so much trouble are very easy to remove after the meat is tender.) Serve the turkey and veggies, counting exchanges for the portion used.
- After the unused turkey is cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones and freeze in portions to use for future casseroles or salads.
- Calculate the exchanges used according the the amount used.
- Low sodium diets- omit salt.
- low cholesterol diets, may be used as is.
Nutrition Facts : Sodium 0.4
BRAISED TURKEY LEGS
Slowly bring out the flavor and tenderness of turkey legs by cooking them low and slow with herbs such as fresh sage, bay leaves, parsley, and thyme. It's the perfect recipe for entertaining or an extra-special meal for your family.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Rinse turkey legs and pat dry; season all over with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over high heat and add olive oil. Add turkey legs, skin side down, working in batches, if necessary. Cook, turning, until turkey legs are browned on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer legs to a plate and discard all but 1 tablespoon of rendered fat from Dutch oven.
- Deglaze with white wine and cook, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pot and slightly reduced, 2 minutes. Lower heat to medium-high and add carrots, celery, and leeks to Dutch oven and cook, stirring, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add thyme, sage, bay leaves, and stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and add turkey legs, skin side down; cover and transfer to oven. Cook for 40 minutes. Uncover, turn turkey legs, and continue cooking uncovered until legs are tender, 45 to 50 minutes more.
- Transfer turkey legs to a serving platter. Skim fat from top of braising liquid and discard; season braising liquid with salt and pepper, and spoon over turkey legs. Serve garnished with chopped parsley and thyme.
ROASTED TURKEY DRUMSTICKS
Of all the turkey recipes I've tried, I like this one best. The tender drumsticks have just a bit of zip.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and white pepper. Add drumsticks, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown drumsticks on all sides in oil. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; set aside. , In a large saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, broth, wine or additional broth, soup mix, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until flavors are blended. Add bay leaf. Pour sauce over the drumsticks. , Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Turn drumsticks; cover and bake 30-40 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and thermometer reads 180°. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443 calories, Fat 17g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 101mg cholesterol, Sodium 1795mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
More about "baked turkey legs connies recipes"
OVEN BAKED TURKEY LEGS • OH SNAP! LET'S EAT!
4.3/5 (78)Calories 241 per servingEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
BAKED TURKEY LEGS- CONNIE'S | RECIPE | BAKED TURKEY LEGS, …
EASY ROASTED TURKEY LEGS - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
ROASTED TURKEY LEGS - CANADIAN COOKING ADVENTURES
ROASTED TURKEY LEGS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
KETO OVEN ROASTED TURKEY LEGS [RECIPE + HOW TO COOK]
BAKED TURKEY DRUMSTICK RECIPE (GRAVY INCLUDED) - WHERE …
10 BEST TURKEY LEGS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED TURKEY LEGS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
HOW TO MAKE BAKED TURKEY LEGS – MELANIE COOKS
10 BEST ROASTED TURKEY LEGS RECIPES | YUMMLY
4 WAYS TO COOK TURKEY DRUMSTICKS - WIKIHOW
ROASTED TURKEY LEGS WITH VEGETABLES - AHEAD OF THYME
EASY BAKED TURKEY DRUMSTICKS IN OVEN | TENDER TURKEY …
ROASTED TURKEY LEGS RECIPE - COPYKAT RECIPES
OVEN-ROASTED TURKEY LEGS RECIPE - CHEF LOLA'S KITCHEN
SHEET PAN ROASTED TURKEY THIGHS AND DRUMSTICKS WITH POTATOES
OVEN FRIED TURKEY LEGS - MOMMY HATES COOKING
EASY ROASTED TURKEY LEG - PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
YUCATAN TURKEY LEGS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAKED TURKEY LEGS- CONNIE'S | RECIPE | BAKED TURKEY LEGS, BAKED …
THE MOST FLAVORFUL ROASTED TURKEY LEGS OR THIGHS
MAPLE BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY LEGS - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
ROASTED TURKEY LEG WITH GRAVY (FALL-OFF-THE-BONE MEAT!)
BEST OVEN-ROASTED TURKEY LEGS RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
ROASTED TURKEY LEGS AND THIGHS RECIPE - THECHEFANDTHEDISH
THE MOST FLAVORFUL ROASTED TURKEY LEGS OR THIGHS
ROASTED TURKEY LEGS (WHOLE30 - KETO - PALEO) - EVERY LAST BITE
ROASTED TURKEY LEGS WITH GRAVY - HUNGRY HAPPENS
BRINED AND ROASTED TURKEY LEGS - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
ROASTED TURKEY LEG WITH POTATOES | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
BAKED TURKEY LEGS- CONNIE'S | RECIPE | BAKED TURKEY LEGS, BAKED TURKEY …
HOW TO COOK TURKEY LEGS IN THE OVEN - WHERE IS MY SPOON
TURKEY LEG RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
BAKED TURKEY LEGS CONNIE'S | RECIPE CART
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake a turkey legs in oven?Preheat Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Pat dry the turkey legs with paper towels. Prep Turkey: Whisk the melted butter with the salt, garlic powder and pepper. Generously brush the butter mixture all around the turkey legs. Transfer To Oven: Transfer the turkey legs to a greased baking pan, skin side down and transfer to the preheated oven.
How to cook a whole Turkey in the oven?Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rinse the turkey legs and pat dry. Stand the turkey legs upright (as if the turkey were standing). Press a knife downward into the deep tissue, creating 2 or 3 long pockets. Press a piece of celery into each opening.
How do you make butter for fried turkey legs?Never rinse poultry in the sink; that will just spread bacteria around your kitchen. Create a compound butter by mixing the softened butter, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and thyme in a small bowl. Rub this mixture over the turkey legs. You can also rub it on the flesh under the skin for even more flavor.
What to serve with baked turkey legs?Enjoy the turkey legs with the cranberry sauce! A great side dishes to go with the baked turkey legs are mashed potatoes or baked sweet potatoes. If you are looking for an awesome way to cook the whole turkey, check out my foolproof turkey recipe that I use every Thanksgiving: turkey in a brown paper bag.